Comfy Gaming

Are there any racing games out there that are especially comforting and laid back to play? I absolutely loved playing Test Drive Unlimited 2, but I can't get it to work for the life of me. Are there any other similar games out there that aren't hardcore racing constantly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w29bK21wJ7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

beamng drive. just don't crash and it's comfy as fuck

I know, I love Drive, but I burn all my money on my shitbox, so I have none to spend on my computer. I can run BeamNG, but it's not comfy when you're getting 10 or 15 fps. I could at least run TDU2 at 25fps, which was bearable.

I find My Summer Car to be pretty comfy. It's challenging but it has saunas, wilderness, a cabin, long lonely drives, a boat, a comfy garage where you work on your car, and beer with sausages.

Horizon 3 is comfy AF to just cruise around

Would you faggots please take this shit to ovg or /g/. Fuck. I'm sick of filtering you fucking autists.

Despite the name, Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3.
If you don't challenge anyone, you can cruise nonstop in first person mode listening to the drone of the engine, watching snow falling outside, and smoothly breezing past the million identical vans. Nagoya's theme is especially comfy when it dies down to ethereal synth chords.

No

>being this autistic

Driving your drunk friend home in the middle of the night on a small one way dirt road at 50kmh in your fwd shitbox with the brights on and some random finnish song is the best

I used to play this game religiously for all of the early 2000's

Euro Truck Sim 2 if you just want to chill out and drive. You dont even have to park the trailers properly.

What the hell does "hardcore racing constantly" even mean?

You can just cruise in time trials in just about every game. Even further, half of the latest Gran Turismo release is an extensive photo mode dedicated only to staging photoshoots of your cars.

Yeah TDU2 is a goner, haven't been able to play for years although other people reckon they can play single player. Wish it'd at least let me login so I can drive my GTO.
>tfw you buy a microtransaction car and the games server goes down

Juiced.

This. Zero has unlicensed cars but more civilian cars although less tracks.

Juiced is racing only.

Another good game for this kind of stuff is Street Legal Racing Redline, although its quality is a lil bit too low even for me,

The PS2 F&F Tokyo Drift game was pretty good. Mixed shit handling with highway driving and touges.

I would suggest TDU1 cuz its a LOT better than TDU2 but i fucking hate hawaii.

There's also Assetto Corsa with a few mods, maybe rfactors?

Forza Horizon 1 and 2 do the job good enough, then there's the OG NFS.

I cant tell many more.

Euro Truck Simulator 2.
Or the american counterpart if you're ok with less mod support.

>You dont even have to park the trailers properly.

But ignore this. Parking the trailer properly is comfy as fuck, in a James May sort of comfy.

I love horizon 3. Just wish it had realistic handling and everything. That's what I really love about car games. I only like sims or ones that are sort-of like sims for some reason.

That's one of the things of why i like horizon 1 and 2 better. They might not be a lot more realistic but they had a lot more to the ground cars and better enviroment than 'straya.

I wish there was a way to turn off pedestrian cars and drivatars (it hurt to type that). I want to be able to drive around blaring the Warthog horn at high speed without random lane changing Transits or fags trying to convoy

ETS2/ATS.

literally the comfiest game I can think of.

There is. Create a custom “bucket list” challenge, set it as the car you want, unlimited time, no traffic, and a destination you won’t ever go to and presto

I bought H3 last week and absolutely love it. Are 1 and 2 worth it or will they feel dated?

I always end up picking one of the shitty cars though and can't help but go hectic. Especially with some of the uber shitbox tiers added by the extra configurations mod.

forza horizon 3,
>great physics
>massive car choice
>huge fuckoff mapp
>insane amount of customization
>ai traffic isn't annoying as shit
>doesn't take long to buy stuff and you're not stuck to a campaign

beamng is super comfy for just cruising around.

Also city car driving is pretty comfy if you prefer driving through traffic.

Spin tires if you love mud and nature

aka russian dashcam simulator

Is it bad that I recognise those gauges as the sort you'd get in a 70's FIAT from Veglia

any for mac? :(

>Tfw playing ATS in virtual reality
good lawd
>mac
lol, RIP

The 1st euro truck sim game.
>tfw too poor for VR
I want to do multiplayer with VR so I know exactly what getting fucked by a Skoda driving chink feels like.

im fine with my laptop im not a computer guy, gets the job done and im not poor so i can afford it

I think ETS2 might have a Mac port.

Midtown Madness 2!

>Big cities (San Francisco and London, Chicago in the first MM game)
>free roam mode with customizable weather, traffic etc
>shitboxes, sports cars, buses, trucks..
>massive amounts of mods available, higher quality than original content and often desgined for increased comfiness
>graphics are meh, but it will run on a toaster
>'MM2 Revisited' is a graphics and content overhaul and a good starting point if you're interested

just found it on steam, thank you

forgot to add:
Traffic actually works, so you can just stick to the rules and cruise around if you want.

Horizon 1 is my favourite horizon to date. It feels pretty good to rank up to among the elite, slowly climbing there from the beginning.

I fire up The Crew for a mad rip round the snouges in an RX-7 every now and then
its alright

Holy shit I really need to install this again, I keep forgetting to do so

I fucking love Midtown madness

>>Air traffic isn't annoying as shit

What game are you playing?

Spintires Mudrunner with a podcast on in the background is superb level of comfiness

I found TDU to be much better than 2, apart from that I would recommend NFS: Hot Pursuit (2010), had a very arcadey drifting mechanic which was quite satisfying, but you can just drive around the entire map for ages, kinda like Most Wanted

Well if you get it to work, lemme now how.

I tried it last week, but despite the XP patch and compatibility mode I couldn't get it to run on Windows 10.

Ai Traffic
Not Air traffic

thank you

Not gran turismo 5.
Fuck me i was playing that game and what a bloody joke, there are literally like 20 events to do in the entire game, te creators idea of adding more content is putting literal endurance races into the game that you are guaranteed to win as long as you are willing to spend fucking hours doing them...
Also the AI is fucking retarded and the only way you can get a good race is by driving cars that are significantly worse.

Why did people ever try to call this a good racing game?

It is mediocre at best, only good part is the car selection and even that is ruined by shit driving views for 95% of the cars. is a normal fucking bonnet view too much to ask for or something?

I see what you did OhPee.

That was nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=w29bK21wJ7I

Autocorrect m8.
Still the AI in horizon is horrendous

>steering wheel blocking the gauges

You guys have no idea how much that triggers me, it's the sole reason why I don't drive in FPV in GTA 5 on most cars.

The Crew, and soon The Crew 2, especially if you play with a racing wheel and just sit at low speeds on some nice backroad

>those physics
>at all comfy

>>>/ovg/ you fucking faggots

install windows on it nerd

A wheel irons out the bad joystick input btw, also TC2 will be the best open world racing game of 2018 mark my words

>using hood view
>not cockpit
>not 3rd person
Why?

The Crew has a HUGE map with lots of shit to explore in it, and a first-person view. Pretty comfy to cruise around in a classic car at night.

Physics are kinda meh at best and wonky as shit at worst though. At the very least switching assists to "sport" or completely gets rid of the idiotic braking and steering assist.

>or completely
or completely off*, I accidentally a word

It's not about the input. Racedriver GRID is a fun arcade racing game. This is a parody of a racing game with horrible floaty physics, reminds me of Burnout Paradise.

Racing gaming is not about being "Comfy". It's about being #1. If you don't have a full sim setup with FFB seating and a properly placed shifter and direct-drive wheel, you're obviously not taking the sport seriously and should just end your career in it right now.

>implying Burnout Paradise's physics didn't suit its ridiculous maximum-over-the-top-action-at-any-given-time style perfectly

>career
>full sim setup
I'll fuck you up with mousesteer you queer, challenge me in LFS

Test drive unlimited 2 was fucking terrible.

>retard
Yeah, it's like people having fun playing a football match with friend just for fun instead of compete for the national championship. You're right dude, why would anyone like that?

A wheel doesn't fix the game being floaty as shit with bad terrain meshes.

FUCK COMFY

hood view is the best because it's the most natural approximation of viewing distances given the distance between your couch and TV

if you're on PC and have a big monitor then cockpit might be better but if you're playing on a TV that's like 6 to 8 feet away from your couch, it's really unnatural-feeling to use the cockpit cam, the FOV is just too limited and the front of your car is just so far away

Exactly. Play to win, and play for money. There is no other reason to play games.

or by not being a poorfag and having a fuck hueg tv.

cockpit feels perfect on a 65 incher

>being a poorfag

>playing like a foot away from a 65 inch tv

it being across the room will still impact the viewing distance and most natural FOV

oh man, i launch mm2 every christmas and drive the cadillac around not doing anything through snowy san francisco, just like i used to do when i was a youngster

feels really good but also kinda sad

only the premium cars in that game have 1st person and most of the good cars are not premium

Are racing games even worth it if you don't have the proper setup and just a gamepad?

It won't beat or replace actual hektik skids, but you can still have plenty of fun.

No.

sims or simcades aren't but there are lots of arcade racers that are fun with a keyboard or gamepad

yea but its 4k bruh

4K means jack shit when you have no native 4K content to make use of it anyway

ookami hd runs at 4k

yea but ive got an xboner x and a peecee numbnuts

4k rocket league is life

It says you're a man of taste

depends on the game
some sims have good enough assists that a gamepad is perfectly usable, but you'll have a much better time with a proper wheel
there are also plenty of arcade/simcade games that feel good to play and are actually better with a controller because the handling is unrealistic, meaning steering/throttle doesn't have to be precise

I'm playing Dirt Rally with the xbox 360 pad and I find it playable but impossible to master with a pad.

Once you start swerving you're doomed.

most game can provide native 4K, what are you trying to say?

>back multiple Kickstarters during the bubble
>the only one that didn't turn out to be a scam was an off-roading simulator developed by some Russian autist

Really made me think.

russian autists are the purest of men

people in the west only care about money, so everything comes down to waifu pandering and memes to get easy bucks.

the russians, though, they seem to have given up all pretense of life being worth anything, let alone money, and just kinda do shit just to do it.

i used to have parallels desktop but just havent used it on my new laptop

Integrale?

Benz is that you

The games aren't natively textured in 4k, merely upscaled is what he's saying.

>Windows 10

Same

Playing the Lancia Fulvia or any of those old underpowered cars in dirt rally is the most cozy experience ever.

ye

What are some good games with car customization? that always makes me feel accomplished and comfy

I wish there was a game out there that wasn't even about driving, just making the car and styling it however you want, with custom paint effects, vinyl wraps, wheels, tuning, etc. Like imagine a game that's basically just customizing your sims in The Sims but with cars

Street Legal Racing: Redline.

Always fun building a car completely from scratch and then praying you don't hit a bump and smash it into a gorillion pieces when you test it out.

stop keying my car you actual nigger