/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #827 - Shadow wins edition.

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Several Sonic Events Happening at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sounds-of-sonic-music-event-set-for-san-diego-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-augmented-reality-experience-coming-to-sdcc/

Tons of new info on Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric Development Found
tssznews.com/2017/07/11/tons-of-new-info-on-sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-development-found/

Sonic Forces Main Theme Lyrics Revealed - "Fist Bump"
youtu.be/XI97jY3FZ9Q

Sonic Mania Vinyl Album Announced
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/878297582383976449

Archie Update: Ian Flynn – “I’ve Heard We Should Get [Sonic] News by End Of July”
tssznews.com/2017/07/01/archie-update-ian-flynn-ive-heard-we-should-get-sonic-news-by-end-of-july/

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/hello-kitty-is-not-a-cat-after-all-9695996.html
theweek.com/speedreads/447202/sanrio-clarifies-that-yes-hello-kitty-fact-personification-cat
engadget.com/2012/07/10/hello-kitty-sonic-is-first-character-collaboration-from-sanrio-a/
youtube.com/watch?v=GNjY-5dJgOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FAST

Lol Sonic is such a cuck.
Why does he even try to beat Shadow when he knows he can't?

Who's hyped for another comic reboot?

Sonic Boom Shadow is literally just Vegeta.

I sure am!

Kirk Thorton's + Pontac and Graff are going to ruin Shadow as a villain again in forces.

Pontac nor Graff are writing the story to Forces (& Pontac hasn't even been confirmed to work on the game at all), tho

does sonic have a fetish for humans is that why he ignores amy

If I were to write Lara-Su fanfics, would uncle Ken-sama get mad at me?

>Archie Update: Ian Flynn – “I’ve Heard We Should Get [Sonic] News by End Of July”

You better have a good lawyer.

Graff is working on Forces.

He's writing the english dialogue, but that's about it.

What would even there be to write about.

sonic only likes royalty

Bubsy a cute.

>Humans
Gross

>μ's is dead

I'm still sad

If you're talking about Chris Thorndyke, then yes.

Me too, user.

but hello kitty isn't human

independent.co.uk/news/hello-kitty-is-not-a-cat-after-all-9695996.html

I guess by this logic, Sonic isn't a hedgehog.

theweek.com/speedreads/447202/sanrio-clarifies-that-yes-hello-kitty-fact-personification-cat

your info is a old outdated misunderstanding, they meant that in way in the same way Sonic isn't technically a "hedgehog" because he's anthropomorphic

I don't see it either but it was already confessed 3 years ago

He's a blue rat.

My bad then. Either a lot of the journalists at the time seem to be jumping the gun or I didn't read the full news awhile back then.

I hope Sonic gets bullied.

He is an annoying little pincushion that is what he is. If he were a hedgehog he wouldn't be getting in my- everyone's way.

He couldn't stop Eggman from taking over the world. Expect Sonic to be bullied by him constantly.

>Either a lot of the journalists
no you are exactly right a lot of "journalists" were jumping the gun on this there are countless articles saying she is human but only 2 articles I could fine when someone bothered to do a follow up, so its not much of your fault

I want to smooch Bubsy!

I wonder how journalism works as a process and is there a difference between "classic" vs "modern" or if it was always like a certain way.

I know quite a bit of people are aware of HK x Sonic since a year ago, but I wonder how many people know that it happened earlier than that day.

>I wonder how journalism works as a process
hell if I know
>but I wonder how many people know that it happened earlier than that day
oh really?

The first time that I seen it mentioned was in 2012 as they were selling Hello Kitty wearing Sonic's outfit; much bigger than the 2016 counterpart iirc.

It didn't seem like the whole news got as much attention than the anniversary party though.

engadget.com/2012/07/10/hello-kitty-sonic-is-first-character-collaboration-from-sanrio-a/

>carrying Sonic on head
What a silly thing
Post more

Sonic really loves anime grils

youtube.com/watch?v=GNjY-5dJgOg

Given that Mania is a digital release only, how likely or unlikely are we to get leaks of the game before release?

So surely this is everyone's favorite Sonic game, yeah?

>Fantastic level design that is full 3D and full of cool and memorable setpieces that still require player input unlike the semiautomatic Boost
>No hub worlds or long story cutscene nonsense to get in the way of the gameplay but still enough to provide some context
>10/10 OST and beautiful graphics for the time

I mean, it's almost like a dream come true, right?

Someone will try. I don't think it'll happen personally.

You think Sonic's parents are proud of him?

He has parents?

He didn't just appear out of thin air.

Reminder that the hard boiled heavies are the precursor to Eggman's e-series of robots.

No. He's a wandering hobo too lazy to get a real job.

his parents are retcon'd

Yes all three sets of them

Aaron Webber has confirmed it though.

there's nothing wrong with chris

Everytime I come back to sonic Generations I'm surprised by how much I like it. I feel like I let recent popular opinion make me forget how much fun I have playing it.

It's a pretty well put together game.

>"""""popular"""""
It's just a small minority of anti-boost shitposters, nothing more.

I wonder who is announcing it. SEGA or Archie?

Huh

Have we ever speculated on these guys yet, and are there five or six?
From left to right it looks like we've got some kind of ninja, then one in what looks like a top hat, third looks like the one with the cape we've seen in that animation and the painting in Mirage Saloon, then lastly there's one swinging a flail. I can't tell if there's one between them or if it's just his cape blending in with the other ones flail. And then there's Heavy Gunner of course.

Don't listen to the vocal minority, Generations is great. I guarantee you, if we held a strawpoll Generations and Adventure 2 would be the top 2 favorites.

Have any of you felt this way when you were younger?

"I am getting older, and I can't stay in this fandom forever, and I don't know if I want to stay here. I'm moving on to bigger things. I feel like being here is holding me back from being social. I do not care for this fandom any longer. But don't worry, you can always gmail me. Here are some reasons 1. if anyone found out, it would ruin my new start at my school this year 2. I'm not inspired anymore. So I'm not leaving. But I'm going. Goodbye. P.s. sorry if you were my friend"

Why does it seem like some kids think they'll be more mature if they drop a series. Just say you're not interested instead of sounding pretentious. It also doesn't help when you drop a series for an equally "childish"
series. They have a roblox and geometry dash account still.

>Buddy was in boom.
What a twist!

I like boost, but generations is a miserable example of it.

>majority has shit taste
what a surprise, they only like it because it's going fast with no challenge.

There's some things that I wish they could have done instead but it's overall favorable.

Though I can see why some people wouldn't like Generations.

Gonna have to think about this one...

Wait WHAT

Adults do that all the time as well. Plenty of people love to just shit on popular things to prove just how great their taste is.

That sounds like internet friend drama. I never socialized with people on the internet until a few years ago.
When I was a kid we played video games when the guys got together and the internet was for socializing with your classmates on AIM and Myspace.

What did SEGA mean by this?

If you went back to the 90s liking Sonic was cool in the schoolyard, but when I was growing up it had became a joke and I was ridiculed for it. Unfortunately now the cool thing to like is shit like Roblox and Minecraft and liking Sonic is something to be ashamed of.

Generations feels good enough to make 06 feel good. It's not my ideal feel for 3D Sonic, of course. Kinda' tanky, but still it works.

Missing his glasses so he's less cute.

Was this before or after the custom hero trailer?

>Roblox and Minecraft
Don't forget shewters, kids go nuts for fps.

Yeah that's something to consider as well and I personally experience it as well but I was thinking about primary school since they mentioned it and it seems sad that people, especially kids, would do so. My apologies.

Personally I jumped back and forth between talking a little bit and lurking. I wasn't very social online or offline anyway, but I would have loved to get together to with others. Maybe I'll try again this semester.

It's interesting to see the division between "younger people liking old things" and "younger liking new things". Obviously there's newcomers (old and young) to Sonic but I think it's harder to see that when you're online vs. around outside.

never did anything like that because I've never cared about what people think.

That's happened to me a few times, but after replaying it so much I just became so tired of it.

well if he's not translating directly, then he is writing the story.

>this semester
You better be talking about college.

>beautiful graphics for the time

I know it's bait but you almost had me until this line.

No, because my actions on the internet are separated from my actions in real life. Having said that, if I was younger I would probably be coerced into getting rid of any Sonic stuff I had, games included. I still hide from others what little I have.

Heroes is gorgeous.

Heroes comes from the "everyone's slathered in oil" generation of games.

Color palette is gorgeous. Levels look okay. Character models are awful.

>Humans
>Hello Kitty
I'm surrounded by people with shit taste

Five, that's just his cape billowing.

Believe it or not I intended to mention college, user.

I see. I wonder how many people intertwine or separate real life and online.

Hush, user.