pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/224093
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/224097
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/224098
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I don't really agree with the sentiment that you can't have good combat AND good atmosphere

You can't if you're a B-tier company working on a shoestring budget.

All souls games have their limits, including DeS.

9 posts early faggot

Post Thicc

Was the Witch of Izalith hot?

asuming she wielded fire, yes

>some nigger is fleeing from the cops in the hills near my house
>been on the loose all fucking night, cops everywhere
>have squad truck lights beaming through my windows
>can't sleep, tomorrow is fucked
>HAHAHAH may as well invade
>tfw hunting noobs with to the sounds of helicopters and walkie-talkies

i feel like fucking predator or some shit

>END/DEX build

We are the Arby's Watchers.

How'd you do that?

The budget wasn't really the factor, the key element in DeS / BB atmosphere / storytelling was the involvement of Japan Studio, which is why DeS / BB are distinct from the Dark Souls series.

Why is DS3 fashion so shit.
Even the best combinations I've seen are weak compared to DS2.

>Get BKH early
>Fighting temptation
Stay the course, love the Great Club and the Great Club will smash my enemies.

original post was asking why you couldn't have both, the budget is why you can't have both. The involvement of SIE was just changing how that budget was spent.

What...?

because the armor warps your proportions to fit how it "should" look, which means two different armor sets can't mix or else they have conflicting proportions.

In DS1/DS2 the armor was just made to fit the character model instead of warping the model to fit the armor.

The involvement of SIE was a byproduct of it being a Sony exclusive.

And I really doubt that anyone at From was "hey guys, let's focus on the atmosphere and lmao who cares about the combat right?", they just didn't think all the stuff we take for granted in Dark Souls because DeS was the first game. They figured out how to develop the combat from the player feedback.

I know, man...

OP is a faggot as usual for baking 9 posts early AGAIN, but all you fucks are even worse for not ignoring the early threads

I don't think you're even reading the posts.

They definitely spent more time focusing on the atmosphere for DeS than building out the combat systems. The opposite is true for DS3. That doesn't mean they ignored the other aspects, but those were the things that were the game's main selling points and emphasized the most in development. The RPG elements in DS3 are the weakest in the franchise, so is the world design.

t. buttmad anti-discord poster

I don't give a fuck about the dicksword. I can't even remember the last time the new thread was posted AFTER 750 posts

If you don't have to run, like a retard, to other end of the world and back, it doesn't mean DS3 have bad world design. And you are funny about RPG elements. There are approximately NONE of them in any soulsborne.

Wow, this is the first time when Jester top has actually been legit fashionable.

Who the fuck cares? It's better a thread is made slightly early than late and the entire thread 404ing.

Be glad that someone makes the thread in the first place for your lazy ass.

>Wow, this is the first time when Jester top has actually been legit fashionable.

>he never did a fat official cosplay in DS2

I also use the leggings for this look as well.
I liked that the plate armour in 2 lacked all the rags and cloth, well, the majority.
In 3, they all look ragged and ugly.
The only armour set I liked that had the ragged look was the Heide set.

>RPG elements
Dark souls 3 isn't an RPG

It's an asshole gaping simulator

> asshole gaping simulator
> easiest game in the franchise

Colors never match in DaS2, no 2 armor sets have the same color especially no metal sets.

Any Souls are no more rpg, than Diablo. and git gud, it shall make your asshole tighter.

>implying im talking about pve or the intended pvp
Boys the asshole gapers are infinite iframe invaders

DaS2 without dlc's are easier, than 3.

>easiest game in the franchise
How deluded can one be?

pretty good user

There is a pretty big gap between hitting the bump limit and 404ing
>Be glad that someone makes the thread in the first place for your lazy ass.
I'd make the thread but you sperg each time to get it first, like the youtube comment section

o shit dog you roasted that nigga good !

easiest rolls
most number of gimmick / weak point bosses
least amount of stats or customization needed
strongest starting classes
most linear pathing
everything is already in the hub world
most optional pvp
some bosses and almost all enemies can be staggered

DS3 is only harder if you have really bad reaction time

I just wanna go ahead and say that DS3 is fun and I love making SL30/+2 builds to goof off in the swamp.

you might afford to go +3 in that area

- Midir-like bosses are crap.
- Oh, yeah, one stat less, than 1 or 2.
- What do the class mean after first boss?
- Same corridors as in 2.
- It's an advantage.
- An advantage too.
- And player is stunlocked much more easily.

Sounds like you're talking about DeS.

How do I stop picking up every single treasure and doing all the NPC quest lines after my first 100% playthrough?

>Oh, yeah, one stat less, than 1 or 2
>What do the class mean after first boss?
not about the number of stats to level up, it's about whether or not different builds make a difference in PvP. Knight or Mercenary starting class is the strongest equipment you'll really ever need in the game and all you have to do is keep leveling in order to trivialize the game. DS2 at least required actually knowing what agility was and changing different infusions.

>Same corridors as in 2.
pathing =/= shape of the rooms. 3 always makes it obvious where to go next instead of requiring players to actually think or explore.

DS3 requires the least amount of planning or information in order to beat, everything is just laid out for the player easily.

In every souls game, the easiest way to beat the game was always obscure and had to be figured out, except in DS3 where the easiest way to beat the game is to literally just stick with the starting equipment and level vig.

ds3 is des2 anyway

Attempt a speedrun

go to ng+, since you'll already have it all

Ds1 & Ds2 are just poise2win. Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

I've found it helps if you remember what you need to pick up from each area, and what things you actually need from each NPC. I don't bother with Irina or orbeck unless in going for those builds. it's a learning process mostly

Check this shit out /dsg/.
First off, 1st time posting here and I am type of nigger faggot while you are masters of the series.
See, I have some troubles when playing Dark Souls 1 since the game demands things that other games do not, so it takes much longer to win in DA.
I recently luckily managed to get the Great Scythe. However, I find myself more effective in using a longsword(+3) and shield (+3) combo.
Do you advice me to start upgrading the Scythe and learn to use it 2h or stick to the longsword and put further valuable titanite shards to it to match the enemies?

DS2 poise only applies to small attacks unless you're using an ultra weapon. You can't poise through bosses.

DS2 was about abusing elemental weaknesses and counter damage, but still required actually knowing which buffs would stack and which enemies were weak to certain elements

>DS2 poise only applies to small attacks unless you're using an ultra weapon. You can't poise through bosses.
Lmao no, go slap on havels and then watch as Pursuer can't stagger you.

>most number of gimmick / weak point bosses
DeS has the most of these.

>strongest starting classes
DeS Royal

>most linear pathing
That's true.

>everything is already in the hub world
What does this mean?

>most optional pvp
PvP doesn't really factor into the difficulty. And at least it's possible to get invaded in DS3 unlike DS2.

use whatever you find most fun. a shield is useful, but learning to play without it opens a lot of doors.

>What does this mean?
all the merchants

Why is farming proof of concord kept such a ball ache, I just want to get the fucking achievement. Does anyone equip way of blue at all?

>What does this mean?
you don't have to hunt down blacksmiths.

I think it's about how people decide difficulty. For me, DS3 is easy because you don't have to figure anything out to do the best thing you can. It's "teaching to the test" where the game gives you the most optimal strategy up front, and you just have to maintain it. Instead of the other games where you have to actually figure out what boss weaknesses or different weapon do in order to figure out what is ideal.

To compensate, instead of making the game more complex they just make the bosses faster and more aggressive. It's turned the series into something where reaction time matters more than planning your character and progression out. I don't like games that take choices AWAY from the player just because some players might make the "wrong" choice.

>not spawning concords offline
>not turning on 100% drop rate
>not spawning DMB directly

because everyone switches from way of the blue to blue sentinels after abyss watchers.

The scythe is pretty fun. You have to realize something with dark souls. With the exception of a few weapons that might be either absurdly strong or plain useless, everything is pretty much the same on power. Use what you feel comfortable with and you can buy/farm any upgrade mat

So I was just cooping in DaS2 and when the host entered the boss room it said he left the area and I was sent home.
This has happened twice now, what the fuck is this?

is this actually legit and recommended or are you meming me? because at this point im considering it

Any of them works, I spawned 30 concords offline on 3 of my characters then turned them in to get rewards and didn't get b&.

rate muh dark pyromancer

it's safe. But personally I don't like cheating in shit unless I've earned it (managed to acquire it in same or lower sl/wm legit). If I've done it I can obviously do it again, it's just a matter of time

Host already beat that boss, shades can be summoned whenever, phantoms can be summoned as long as there is a single boss left alive, if the host goes to any other boss you are just sent back home.

fag/10

lel TROLD U xD

>remember that people actually got lost in DaS and went to catacombs and not the obvious steps to the right
>they also attacked crestfallen as soon as they got to firelink
>these people are who they pander to now

Brigand Twindaggers offhand

Hmm, I know what you mean. I got my sunlight medals, vertebra shackles, human dregs and wolf's blood swordgrass legit and part of me thinks it would be a shame to ruin that now, but the other part of me says "fuck it, i deserve it". I just wish the drop rate for the ears was as low on the silver knights like the wolf's blood swordgrass is for the ghrus.

This is my 2nd character, but maybe I should make another that is just for invading early? My current build is a bleed build which is only good once you get the profaned coal. But I'd have to farm sunlight medals again to get the miracle achievement.

If you have a stupid meme face or a name with meme or nigger in it i assume you're 12 and never summon you for FC just fyi

Looks like a homo

Saying that, being a sun bro and helping people with bosses was a lot more fun than invasions, I don't really mind doing that again.

wot are sum fun weapons to try on my 40/40 build before I switch to either a pure build or a faith hybrid

I'm absolutely loving the moveset of my Valorheart, and the Propaned Greatsword is very nice, but are there any other standouts worth checking before I commit to a proper build?

Is the difference between mouse and keyboard v controller too significant? I have my old Xbox controller back in my parents' house and I don't know if it's really worth it for me to go there, just for the controller

Someone explain to me when it's more beneficial to infuse a weapon with elemental damage (mostly the non scaling kind) over just the normal upgrade path in Dark Souls 1.

Admit it.

What did you do on your first playthrough?

At 100+ darkmoons have pretty fast and stable summon rate. Also, you may farm silverknights while waiting for summon.

Well, hear me out here

You go there, get the controller, and have a conversation with them about the old times before you end up sitting in a chair with you umpteenth drink wishing you'd spent more time with them

Went ahead, beat it on first go, then died against Diet Gundyr shortly afterwards.

I kept myself at SL80 but maybe this is my problem. I guess I'm currently in between good SL summon windows

What did I run? Christ, I think it was either the pyro build or the pure sorcerer build, probably the sorcerer

Funnily enough, had less trouble in both PvE and PvP than on subsequent Melee runs until I'd gotten better with the weapons

Went right ahead, I'm not a fucking pussy. Ain't no sign gonna tell me what to and what not to do

Lmao, no, it's just that they live like 6 hours away from my place

As far as I know its not beneficial in DaS1? When you infuse an element, the damage is reduced and shared between 2 different sources (say physical and lightning) and now you have to account for enemies' resistances for the elements too so it usually ends up reducing your damage further.

It'll hurt more in the future than any journey could user

used a drake sword early game, pumped stats into str on a chaos zwei giantdadish build, summoned for boss fights, failed to kill manus

Went and beat the shit out of it.
I also parried Gundyr first try, without even knowing if it was possible

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/224093

thoughts and prayers please

Controller has better movement and you can play on the couch with it, but kb+m generally does everything else (slightly) better

However go to your parent's anyway to say hello

>knight ring
why? are there any other weapons you want to use
>43 dex
literally for what purpose, get chain
>25 vig
You Died
>hollow infused
if you want to bleed perhaps bleed infusion is better, rouge isn't as good as it used to be

>mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/224093

Sir, why is that avelyn there?

You're not thinking of using any untoward tactics are you sir?

knight's ring so i have equip the avelyn

I guess I could switch out the hunter's ring and get 2 more points in dex so its an even 40.

Yeah I guess I could use some more vig

The hollow infusion +10 gets my 10 extra luck for both my warden twinblades and target shield

Honestly, I tried buffing it but I couldn't. I still like it because its good at chasing people down, but I'm not convinced that the splintering arrows are any good, maybe I should stick to heavy or lightning

You're right its nonsensical. Here, I've added 26 more levels to it and changed the rings

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/224097

Damn you found ENB+15 without a guide. Impressive. Most impressive.

The important thing is that you were honest

Now take that damn thing off and sort your stats out

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/224098

Also, if you printscreen your build, paste it into paint and save it to post on here, you're more likely to get replies, people bloody hate having to go through extra effort to help people out

>aldrich's ruby
now that's interesting, is that for pve? because it doesn't work in PvP

Nay. Don't know about sentinels, but darkmoons start to work as intended only after 100. And 80 may be too much for sentinels.

>Thief class
>literally 3 stat rings
>43 Dex
>that Vigor
>extra point in Int for no fucking reason

Go Warrior class, swap those three rings out for PChain, bump Vigor to at least 34-35, Endurance down to 26 for the breakpoint and put the rest of the points into 40 Dex and base Str. You're also probably better off infusing the Warden Memeblades with Blood and bumping Luck to 35 to compensate.

Then upgrade to FaP+3 and use the utility ring slots for actually useful rings.