/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Thread Get out while you can edition

NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle announced, will feature P4 cast: personacentral.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-announced-features-persona-4-arena/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

First for Adachi

She's mine /pg/

Reminder that Maki is aidsfag

Where are my Pixie doujins?

Me on the left

post p5 confessions
>spend weeks and weeks angry at importers for lying about P5's story
>realize that importers probably knew more about area 11 than I did going into the game
>have felt extremely stupid since and shitpost as a coping mechanism

Kawakami a kawacutie

I HATE IT

How come the protagonist gets a dozen bitches everytime? Are the women in the Persona universe natural sluts?

Making great memories with /pg/!

I feel more sorry for Goro than any of the PT and he's a big reason why I can't take the game seriously any more.

He's only a slut if you're a slut you slut

I don't get this meme.

>vastly prefer western rpgs with voiced main characters (bioware)
>stopped playing p5 right after madarame after getting irritated with the lack of identity joker had
>finally come back and clear it
>had a good time, but still prefer characters like Hawke and Inquisitor
>even having the little that joker says be voiced would be nice

She will be in the event, right?

I don't get it

It's because it isn't anime the game.

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

shit taste

P2 would've fit more instead of P1

That's because BBCTB hasn't come out yet

Most of the time I used a guide to find the optimal dialogue choices for Social Links
I unapologetically think Makoto is one of the best characters in Persona.
I'm going to romance Haru when I get around to NG+ instead of staying loyal.

Because P5 is more like P2.

Neither would fit really

But it is. Even the structure of 5 is identical to 4.

what does a reused assets fighter with p4 characters have to do with P5 becoming anime the game

I hate this "Goro is a good boy" meme

P5 honestly felt more like a P2 game.

Because BBCTB is anime the game. Weird hair, weird hair colors, belts, heterochromia, etc.

The first thing you need to know is that being an orphan is enough to screw you over completely in Japan, and being illegitimate is double that. Then factor in how foster children may be kicked out as early as 15 with no support whatsoever, consider that Goro is really pissed off when he says he did everything to be liked and never got adopted and he practically had no choice but to go to his abusive dad who made him a hitman when what he actually offered was more like scandalizing politicians for giggles.

Consider too that Igor was removed right when he became a Wild Card so he had no real guidance whether in real life or in the Metaverse, and the worst part is that the guy is clearly sad about what he did like when he's upset with Sae for trying to remove Sojiro's custody of Futaba. So yeah, not only is he shafted in every way ever, even after killing and hurting a lot of people he's not desensitized enough to just ignore it.

Where did I say he's a good boy?

P4 is the best Persona game

People will give you shit for that statement.

But I kind of agree

P4 isn't the best Persona game

Confirmed for not playing P2.

Explain how in a way other than oversimplifying major plot elements to make them sound similar

P4 is a good Persona game. Whether it's the best comes down more to personal tastes than any objective standard.

>Even the
more like only the
They have pretty much no similarities otherwise and that's the big issue that P4fags have with the game. Trying to make Goro out to be Adachi 2.0 like all the memes only makes it worse.

There is no good boy meme. The only thing good about his childhood is that he figured out the difference between right and wrong, not that it helped him because he went from someone that literally wouldn't know any better to someone that knew better and lied to himself about being better.

See, I get that his life sucks, I just don't get what that has to do with the rest of your post. You can't take the game seriously because Goro's life sucked?

user, I was an orphan and I didn't turn into an emo murderer. Akechis story is forced to be tragic on purpose. Thats why it's bad and poorly written

I'd believe you more if anyone were even capable of elaborating what they mean even the slightest. Hell, I'd be surprised to ever see /pg/ actually discuss P2 beyond "it's better than everything else." Except no one can except say it's more linear

I really didn't like P5. I just save cute fanart because the character designs are nice, I don't care about them as people or about their issues. I miss P3 and P4.

>Trying to make Goro out to be Adachi 2.0 like all the memes only makes it worse.

This shit makes me mad. Adachi and Goro hardly have anything in common. If you want to make a more apt comparison, compare him to Reiji, Jun, or Ken.

But you got adopted right? Were you raised in Japan or another Asian country?

I know this sounds silly, but you didn't have any special powers like Goro. What would you have done if you had powers like him and knew that your scummy father was still out there.

See

First for Maki!

I understand what that game is, I've been a big fan of every non-meme series part of that collab for awhile and I'm happy UNIB is getting some exposure. But what bearing does that have on P5

I didn't have a scummy father. He died. I only had a mother that was poor and living on the sreets. I know it's dumb to compare real life to a video game, and I don't know how life for an orphan in japan it's either. All I'm saying is that maybe, there is always a way to try and not become insane/evil. You just have to try a little.

Because the guy who got shafted more than anyone else was destined to fail, and to rub salt on the wound before he was a murderer he was stigmatized for something that was literally not his fault. I'm not the only one who thinks that way either, plenty of people have said it feels bothersome that someone that broken is apparently beyond saving.

Were you an orphan in Japan, because there's an article here where this lady was happy to go into sex work after leaving the institution as it made her feel more needed than she ever was in foster care. Also:

> Emo murderer
Goro didn't offer to be a murderer, he showed up to Shido only after causing his criticizers to lose face and thought that with his ability to extract info from Shadows would be enough. And before you go on about his plan being retarded keep in mind that he said Shido was already high-ranking at that time and he was more or less a homeless kid. The localization does muddy up a bit of things but it's still clear that being a murderer was not originally a part of his agenda until it was either people dying or him dying, and no one's fighting for his life.

P4 was certainly more...comfortable and despite the serial murders I think I appreciated a more lowkey plot over the dramatically increasing stakes of P5.

I honestly don't like SAVING THE WORLD

>needed a guide
>thinks Makoto is one of the best characters in persona
really activates my almonds

You see a lot of similiarities in the tone of the game, plus share plot lines. Perhaps you can chalk that up to Hashino being a fucking hack, but on the top of my head:

-The use of Joker
-Politician with crazy son
-Crazy son with daddy issues
-The entire cast has daddy issues
-The parallels between the Suou bros and Niijima sisters, only difference is that Mr. Niijima is dead and Papa Suou is alive.
-Cognition is a lot like rumors "make someone believe and it'll happen!"
-Hacker character that gets Prometheus
-The conspiracy is much alike to NWO, only difference is instead of a powerful conglomerate like Nanjo Group, you have fucking McDonald's backing them up and no dead rumor man
-Like EP, the conspiracy becomes a major thing towards the end and is revealed to be the reason a lot of this shit is happening in the first place
-Ryuji's track star career ruined by a teacher, much like Anna's track star career ruined by a principal
-Like the NWO, conspiracy also used the police force and the Yakuza (though NWO used the triads)

>Goro didn't offer to be a murderer, he showed up to Shido only after causing his criticizers to lose face and thought that with his ability to extract info from Shadows would be enough
Did you just assume that or is it stated in the game, because I sure as hell don't remember being given any insight as to what exactly happened at that time

>Persona 5 - P4U2 skins
>They are generic villain uniforms instead of the Shadow Ops (aka Mitsuru's and Akihiko's)

Anyway, which DLC Persona are worthy?

>They are generic villain uniforms
They're official Shadow Ops uniforms
that are never shown in Arenas

Kaguya

DLC Personas are only good for nostalgia purposes. That said Kaguya can be pretty OP

I thought Haru was the traitor even after pancake boy blackmailed himself onto the team and up until goro killed cognitive joker
I didn't think they could give her such a shitty introduction with the team split up and with no build up or backstory and not have her be the traitor
thought she would do it cuz she blamed the pt for her dads death

Messiah for unisex 'resist all magic' armor (Satan's version in the base game is male only).
Kaguya for Bless-elemental Hassou Tobi.
Everything else is personal preference.

Best persona character ever. Tatsuya can't compete.

Tsukiyomi

Kaguya

Kaguya and arguably Izangi for cross slash

The others are just personal flavor

he doesn't have those rad kicks Tatsuya has tho

>I HAVE THE POWER OF GOD
>GOD HAS CHOSE ME FOR THIS
>I AM TO TAKE THE PLACE ALLOTTED ME BY GOD
>No one asks what he meant by this
>act surprised when a literal god shows up

The problem to me is that a lot of that feels really superficial to me. Things like
>-Cognition is a lot like rumors "make someone believe and it'll happen!"
don't seem like a big deal when the entire series is built on people thinking or believing things and making it manifest.

I can see the conspiracies ties, though. But the games still feel and play so differently that I just can't get behind the "It's just like P2" thing.

well by god he means SPRINGS

AHHH
FUCKING SPRINGS

FUCKING SPRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIINGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
PHANTOM SPRINGS

That's still leaps above Goro who all but tells you his mother committed suicide and who seems to believe his existence is why she died since she'd otherwise not be discarded by Shido. Also, the koseki (Family registry) is a thing in Japan that can fuck an orphan over.

Goro approached Shido after doing things to his political rivals and also tells you that his ability to cause rampages is something only he can do. He never quite spells out that he didn't intend to be a murderer but there's an IM conversation where he asks you if you think the culprit is someone who kills for fun and another one where he hypothesizes blatantly that the culprit is being controlled by someone. That's likely why he gets so mad and yells about not needing teammates when you fight him, because he might not have to stain his hands if someone existed who had his back but that was never an option for him.

Shido's Shadow does literally say that he got Goro to start using his power properly and he did this by manipulating him with praise, and we know that Goro's actual power is making people go berserk which is basically a short term geass. Anyone can turn someone else into a vegetable in the Metaverse if they have a Shadow and a way to get to that Shadow.

Arsene looks so good but why the hat? I dislike it

Because I'm saying P5 isn't anime: the game because the crossover game is. There can only be one anime: the game

Well the concept of a stovepipe hat for the Take Your Heart logo had to come from somewhere.

HARU IS PERFECT

>Because the guy who got shafted more than anyone else was destined to fail, and to rub salt on the wound before he was a murderer he was stigmatized for something that was literally not his fault. I'm not the only one who thinks that way either, plenty of people have said it feels bothersome that someone that broken is apparently beyond saving.
Goro is a tragic villain, sure, and didn't deserve to end up the way he did, but he's still a damn murderer and needs to face his punishment. He doesn't get to hold the moral high ground here.

disgusting western artstyle

I think it was because P4 was in the countryside. I think a lot of people find rural settings comfier. Everything's much more intimate and the town is more homely.

That said, having P5 set in Tokyo definitely worked well thematically for the PTs rebelling against a hectic, adult-driven world.

Calm down Akechi.

I don't think Shido's chosen by god shtick was about Yaldy as much as it was calling back to Ishihara since the stupidity revolving around him was big news even overseas when P5 became a story about social criticism.

Then why are you posting a substandard cropped image of her

That was made in reaction to the very first trailer, not the game at release.

I am unfamiliar with this.

Comfy is not important, or at least it shouldn't be. For the persona community as it's been since P4 came out however it seems to be an important core component because there are people that felt stressed out playing through P5.
P4 was just one big mistake.

I prefer the crop one TBQH.

Let me guess, you're the ones that honestly believe that Goro going to jail would be a good thing?

That's true, I also liked the city setting...it felt more real and alive.

It really had modern sensibilities, like people texting and shit. I also liked taking the train places and such.

Don't be a weeb

____________Nah_____________

Anna was injury related I thought. Her delinquency was a result of not being able to run.

Comfyfags are the biggest pussies, and P4 has made them believe that's what Persona games should be.

>That said, having P5 set in Tokyo definitely worked well thematically for the PTs rebelling against a hectic, adult-driven world.
it worked thematically but it bothers me that all their targets were located in Tokyo, and I think mixing that with the initial idea of P5 being about traveling around the world would've worked better since that would allow them to target someone more important than some guy who thinks he owns Shibuya or Japanese Burger King.
I know that Hashino wanted to focus on Japan, again, but it feels like the "phantom thieves" theme wasn't used to it's fullest and was kinda wasted.

I don't think he could really go to jail, but he needs to spend his life atoning for the people he's ruined, even if he wasn't the main person to blame.

>tfw getting lost in the train station on your first day of school

Well, it was realistic at least.

Anna got run over by a car her principal was driving. Why do you think Noriko was targeting him?

As long as you're not those retards that feels jail is a proper punishment, it's fine. Jail won't do anything for Goro.

You want a Persona a la Hitman then?
>tfw Agent 47 is the next MC

I love Haru!

I played P2 Innocent Sin and I don't remember this person. Wait, was she the person we let go at a concert? No, she was the person accused of murders but wouldn't deny it. The fuck was her problem? Uniornically "emo" before emo was a thing in 00s.

last time I checked P3fags were so proud of how much comfier the dorm and music in it is, it's only P4's fault

The only good thing about him is beat him, break all of his limbs, and throw him naked on the public while announcing him that he's a bastard who cause all the the murders in past 2 years so people could spit and humiliate him like lowest trash pig he is, while hand the people around a baseball bat so they can beat him to death like a scum he is.

What makes this worse is that for Goro to want love and acknowledgement from Shido in the first place would probably mean he did not in fact expect his dad to be a complete bastard beyond his imagination at first (See: Haru and how she had to confront her dad's Shadow to fully materialize Milady and 'betray' him).

I think the most fucked up thing is that he practically begs you to consider him as a target and wonders how the PT finds their villains, so that in hindsight makes it pretty obvious that he has a severe split between thinking he's the hero and a horrible villain.

> He doesn't get to hold the moral high ground here.
He didn't though, and I never said he shouldn't have some form of punishment levied on him. The thing is people leap straight to saying his death is the only way to repent or that he should go to jail, and with all due respect someone who was already a dead man walking cannot benefit from that.

I agree with this. Goro is incredibly bright when not in full cognitive dissonance mode and he's clearly sad when you see him after he killed Okumura (Probably because scumbag that he was he still had a daughter who was orphaned and we know he was a good dad before), there has to be something good he can do for the world