How do we make the NC good?

How do we make the NC good?

What's wrong with it?

>What's wrong with it?
Everything

Popup headlights

It isn't the original, but I think it looks cute. Sweet spot between dated 90's (NB) and soon-to-be-dated modern barges (ND). Like all miatas 50/50, 1ton and similarly sized.
Plus it got a 203hp injiun, or so they say.

>soon-to-be-dated modern barges (ND)

do you know anything about miatas at all? My RF is lighter than my NA...

>ND
>barge
It's noticeable lighter than the NC, while having more gear. Are you fucked in the head?

The comment was on aesthetics. Weight can't be "dated".
It looks like a miniature landing craft. You could make it the size and weight of a paperclip and It would still look like one, because of its proportions.
Congrats on the car tho, I hear they're a joy.

Best power to weight of all the Miata generations.

Why so much NC hate?

I owned one, 2006 with a 6 speed and grand touring package, was fun as fuck.

NA>NC>ND>NB

cosmetic mods

NB>NC>NA>ND

Have you driven an ND? I agree the look gay, but they're supposedly god-tier. The sound is certainly great (perhaps not miata appropriate).

I figured we just talking looks
obviously the ND is the objective best but man I really hate how it looks especially the RF

Agreed 100% then. It doesn't look like a descendant of the NA in any way. They even fucked up the red paint.

NA>ND>NC>NB
NC pulls off the soft looking, fixed headlight look better than the NB does.

I disagree mostly because of the girth the NC picked up but eh

NB>ND>NA>NC

The NB has the distinction of producing the only hot Miata. The ND cuts the most weight even if it’s dimensions don’t show it. That’s why I put them first/second

Buy the post facelift model. Maximum happy

NB is truely timeless, dude.

>superior to the NA/NB in almost every way possible
>ugly appearance was fixed with the NC2/3
>only weighs 50lbs more than the NB2
>most power out of every generation

>barges
dumbass

people hate the NC because of the NC1's appearance, the car itself is great

Inb4 cummy spergs out about the NC

This, while the NA has pop-ups that scream "80s sports car", the NB blends in a bit. When you look from the outside you might think "oh gross '90s bubble" but sit in one and you'll see the designers were going for the styling of an E-Type. The fenders curve out subtly and the hood is angled and sculpted around them with a bulge for the engine, giving the impression that it's long and low. The styling of both gens is very much a product of their time but the NB is damn good looking especially compared to modern cars.

Are the bumpers swappable?

Smooth out the fender flares? I really wouldn't mind owning one honestly as they're legitimately great cars, but the fenders just sperg me the fuck out. They are the reason it gets called chunky, flabby, or pigfat. Even post-facelift they look a bit crap, so just get some nice aftermarket fenders and you're good to go.

NA>NB>ND>NC
For me the only real reason it's at the bottom of the list is because it looks so chunky. It's got so much going for it in every regard, it's just got that terminal mid-to-late 2000s flabbiness look to it.

The ND is great looking imo, but it's the common complaint of it being too angry for me. I honestly think the RF makes the angular styling work the best though.

NB is second because hot damn I just love the look of it. It has for me the perfect non-popup look, it still looks lithe and agile.

NA is at the top because I'm a fucking little bitch and it's the nicest looking imo. If I had the time and money to do a complete restomod of an NA to bring it in line with the NC/ND in terms of power/features/etc. I would in a heartbeat.

>80s sports car
good
>90s bubble
bad
It's that simple.

>ND
>Dated

Fuck off, ND is still fresh. And will be for a while.

NB is best looking Miata yet. ND close second

NC is just a oblong and ugly runt.

soon to be dated, just like this fat miata

Am I missing the joke? That's an SUV.

It looks like the ND. It's just mazda's style at the moment, and the only thing to hold against new miatas.
The "aggressive" look mixed with its size make new miatas/fiatas look extremely girly up close, like a chihuahua. They must have sculpted a big car (generic mazda/camaro) the size of a fat bmw and then shrunk it until it fit the miata dimensions, it's the only explanation I can think of for the ridiculous ass they gave them.