Open letter to automotive manufacturers:

reddit.com/r/cars/comments/7hwpit/open_letter_to_vehicle_manufacturers/

Companies are struggling to makes ends meet, merging to protect their brand and reduce costs as the boomer era of disposable and cheap automotive cars are long, long gone.

Also;
>Reddit

TLDR faggot?

>Waaaah, stop making cars that cater to the 95% of your market, people that just want a car that looks cute or practical
>Waaaah rose tinted glasses
>Waaaah 2nd hand prices for old, iconic models that people 30 years my senior have been saving for are out of my reach

>reddit
Kys.

The fuck did I just read.

>reddit

Basically this faggot is crying that manufacturers are doing what makes them the most money instead of catering to his niche of idiots with brains stuck 30 years in the past.

All the best memes are there: cars were better 30 years ago, cars cost too much money, cars can't possibly be modded by nobody ever for unknown reasons, cars are ugly to me so they are objectively ugly to everyone, and so on.
He is like the stereotype of a late-70s-born guy who grew up with 80s cars and can't see beyond his beloved E30 that he was never able to afford anyway and lives a sad life with nostalgia glasses.

Guy has never modified a car. He'd fit in quite well here where most people are running standard pistons let alone any proper custom work.

>most people are running standard pistons
yeah this is the dividing line between bus riders and pro drivers

>cars were better 30 years ago,
But in the 90's it was widely considered that US built cars of that era were all shit.

Nostalgia made people forget.

>I have a $500 a month to finance a car from my Goldstein why can’t I get a corvette for $20k??

Lmao reddit poor fags are worse than Veeky Forumss poor fags. I make fun of our poor fags but at least they know they can buy used cars or a FiST.

Why doesn’t that faggot quit financing a Yaris and crying about it and buy a 20 year old vette or whatever he wants.

Or, you know, start his own company that ‘does it right’. I bet he will be successful and make many dollars while providing everyone with high ends sports cars and a few simple mods.

Fucking hell, three paragraphs in and he already fell for the "everyone had good cars before" meme.
As if affordable shitboxes were a recent phenomenon.

>whine about the death of "modding and tuning culture", the pigfat design and the increases in price
>then move on to suck Elon Meme's dick anyway
how does one reach this lever of cognitive dissonance without their heads blowing up?

I have a serious thing for classics; my newest of 8 cars is from 1986, and I know that, objectively, old cars are shit by comparison.

All these delusional idiots look to the few diamonds in the field of shit-covered razorblade mines that were cars of 30 years ago. When Chrysler was experimenting with fuel injection, it was so shit that the recall said to pull the emblems. Cadillac's revolutionary V8-6-4 was so shit it had to be reconfigured to solely be a V8. And these were the luxury cars. Japanese cars ran better but rusted; most would barely last a Midwestern winter.

In a sort of Battle Royale scenario, the only examples left are well preserved and maintained examples, so, of course they will look good. It's called "survivorship bias" and it plays a huge factor in nostalgia.

The only thing I will say is that, for as far as we've come, how do we not have NA V8 engines that get 60 MPG and produce 700 HP? My '86 Corvette, despite only making 230 HP, gets a consistent 24 MPG in my use. With all the advancements, why can't we tune a V8 to have proper cylinder management, optimized ignition, and more to where getting 60 MPG while cruising is a thing?

US REAL CAR ENTHUSIASTS AMIRITE GUYS

Fuckoff back to plebbit you loser

I like old cars more than new cars as well, so I buy old cars. Way more effective than complaining on the internet in my experience. Knowing what I know now about auto manufacturing it's interesting, even if you put all regulations, looks, etc. aside, just seeing how a car like my E24 was assembled, fasteners on EVERYTHING, all hardware zinc plated, galvanization on sheet metal, this car's cycle time would be ridiculous, even an efficient factory with decently skilled labor would probably take 8-10 days to build the car from stamping to QC. That's the real foundation of "they don't make em like they used to." When you have huge teams of engineers tasked with shaving seconds off production times on the line no manufacturer is going to go "you know what, fuck it, let's lose massive amounts of money to hand build cars that won't have NVH issues 20 years after the customer buys it."

The very definition of nostalgia. Probably wasn't even alive to witness pre-1985 Fords or old entry-level cars if he thinks horrid entry-level cars are a recent thing.

wow that dude is grade a retarded

even the complete shitboxes of today have mods

and lol at thinking those old cars are good

60mpg with 700hp is kind of hard. But the thing you're worried about is emissions, that is a limiting factor in reliability and power.

Plus 60mpg and 700hp is stupid efficient. Likely not within current technological possibilities. Hell, Mercedes just accomplished an overall efficiency of 50% in a very specific engine. What you want isn't here yet, emissions or not.

My 1995 Chevrolet 1500 has 340,000 miles and has never needed major work.

I realize that, and I know that it's infeasible, but I get comparable mileage out of a light sedan; my old '62 Nova sedan used to get around 23 MPG highway on a swapped 350. Why the hell wouldn't a lightweight car like a Saturn with a 350 not get 35 MPG?

I also get that just making a car get better gas mileage doesn't fix the way emissions are measured, but why didn't it go that way if auto lobbyists are so powerful?

700hp and 60mpg at the same time isn't as hard to achieve as you make it out to be. It just needs a radical redesign of what a car is to reduce weight enough to achieve it.

Fuck, I'm running standard pistons. Do I have to leave?

S T A N D A R D P I S T O N S

Yeah I'm running standard pistons in both my Z4 and my GT-R, guess I better kill myself for being a fake driver and keeping things stock.

If it isn't under warranty why keep things stock?

>mfw i see a standard pistonlet

Why upgrade them if it's not required?

wow he writes like me when I was 15

an airy, vapid, pretentious faggot

What do you mean not required? Manufacturers don't put in the best components into their cars.

All my pistons are square.

>Not building your car from scratch with the best possible components

Fucking busrider.

LMAO

>standard pistons

>running standard pistons
Is this some new meme?

>standard pistons

Setk, is that you?... HAS THE CHOSEN ONE RETURNED

Nice pasta fagarino

>tfw square bore