/dg/ - Destiny General

BETA is LIVE on PS4 (Xbox Today)
Destiny 2 BETA is LIVE

>>>NEWSD1 RESET INFO

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2HYaQ8NcEoc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for reduce the cooldowns on abilities Bungo. Do it now.

*In PvE

destiny 2 is FUN

I feel like the Titan wall is okay, but agreed on the others, especially grenades.

You have to remember that your abilities were on a short CD due to end level gear.

They will get there.

I think reduced cooldowns across the board are fine for all modes, at least with the reduced damage.

Got tagged by a Fusion Grenade and was ready to sperg out as I insta-died, except I didn't. It only did maybe half my health, if that. It was amazing. But right now, PvP is gravitating heavily towards walking around as a 4-man ball of death, because there's not enough grenades to keep you apart.

Anyone want to explore the Strike for bugs?

We know of the Exodus Black glitch and Lost Sector glitch.

Ye
No mic though

I forgot how good these were.

1 slot for trying to get out of bounds in the Strike.

post failsafes

the slower TTK definitely makes 1v2+ much harder to come out of. buddy system seems potent.

and ya wtf stickies don't kill?

but i'm bad so whatever, i can see them as a crutch on cooldown now that only heavy and super are meant to be OHKO

How noticeable are the stats you can adjust? Will a full mobility hunter easily outpace a titan in full defense? Or is it just a slight difference

Maybe you need to do something outside?
Some dude on youtube mentioned that after you fucked around enough with the portals near the starting point some major vex appear. Also, I find curious the little pond of "normal" water the cabal seem to be guarding near said portals. In no other place there's "normal" water

Posted again because I'm in denial the beta has so scarse content

We won't be allowed to take everything we have/gained during the beta into the full game, right?

What gave you that idea?

Call it a hunch

What is the current countdown to xbox launch.

Everybody always seems to think this with every beta. I can't remember the last game I played that let me carry over anything from a beta into the full game.

But nah we get an emblem, that's it.

am I wrong in my belief that the Titan exotic assult rifle is pretty bad?

You get to take your treasured memories and new friends into the final game

All Xbones, report in

It's absolute garbo in both modes. They do this a lot, make an exotic that seems really good in concept, then neuter it hardcore in range/damage/stability so it becomes useless in any practical sense.

That seal is primed and ready to blow.

Fuck off colt. Get disconnected.

A N G E R Y

What's your favorite new Shaxx line so far?

>"Who ever said Warlocks were only good with books, not guns? Wait, it was me"

>"I'll tell everyone you're my favorite guardian. Who cares? You fight like an animal!"

Say it with your name on

how dead was this gen before this beta came out? you guys were always pretty chill and played together a lot.

by the way, is there a discord now? I hope there isn't.

Yes, as long as you keep marching forword you will keep feeding the gun.

You can spam headshots easy.

Kill the little guys and then dump the mag on the colossus or what ever.

Git good.

It's great for PVE.

1 hour 10 minutes

FAILSAFE A CUTE! CUTE!!!

Please refrain from making comments about my wife.

le quirky multiple personality meme machine XD

t. quipbot

do not sexualize the failsafe. failsafe is only for cuddles and love c:

>yfw we've finally hit the point where Bungie is copying 343i

What do you mean by this?

Making good games

CUTE, STABLE AND WORKING FAILSAFE AIPUCCI

*CPUcci

But D2 isn't a good game.

>Reddit hates Failsafe and loves Ghost
really makes you think

wow drone here, I bought the game with wow gold. I farm mounts and transmog (armor sets) in wow, hope to enjoy this when the PC version comes out.

ur mum isnt a good game

what makes destiny 2 any worse than number one? it's a glorified expansion.

buy base game
loving it
fast forward year later
got bored of base game
dlc's still 40 bucks each
decide not to buy
get messages that i need the dlc in order to play online

Mfw i can't play the game anymore because i don't want to spend 40 bucks on a copy of the base game

Yeah that's what I said.

it's why his dad left

>hheh why is the sequel similar to the previous game in the series it should be an eroge cooking sim

because that's what I said right? here let me show you example of good sequel

>kingdom hearts 2
>Pikmin 2
>street fighter 2
>Halo 2
>team fortress 2
>Sonic the hedgehog 2

you do not have to reinvent, just make logical progression on previous systems and axe those that did not work. bunghole has just erased old shit and flipped some things in a different spot. mind you this opinion is based on the beta. I'm sure the patrol, raid, strikes, and story will be far better than the original. at least I hope.

>expansion packs contain 1 new zone at best and a raid.
>D2 has four new zones and a raid
>"glorified expansion pack"

That's exactly what they did.

Tweaked weapons and armors to make them more customizable, tweaked stats, tweaked subclasses, and Vastly increased story and patrol activities.

What, the Storm Minotaur and Quantum Hobgoblins protecting the lost sector with the triangular door? They phase in and out.

They're doing the beta more like the Halo 3 one and less like "oh, so here's like half the game..."

yes, that's exactly what it is. Glorified expansion pack. "woah dude instead of one new zone and a raid you get FOUR new zones and a raid" it's a big expansion pack ya bonehead. then they're gonna charge another $150 for the rest of the game.

I wouldn't even call it that, an expansion pack wouldn't get rid of the old content.

Can't wait to rebuy Sunbreaker! Really excited because the changes to subclasses have really shaken up the way the game is played and I'm sure the changes are monumental and need time to be perfected.

>changed graphics
>added mechanics
>same gameplay
yep, thats what destiny 2 has.

well I haven't seen vast changes yet, like I said I'm going off what we have right now. those tweaks can be done through an update and you know it.

>get 4x the content
>IT'S NOT A SEQUAL I SWEAR

Lel. Halo 2 was an expansion pack to Halo 1.

>dlc is 40 bucks each
>buy base game three yeara ago
>expect to be catered free content
(You)

Halo 3 was literally an expansion pack for 2.

>le halo 2.5
sure is /v/ in here

>tweaks are now vast changes.

The vast changes was done to patrol and story. The things that worked were tweaked.

>no third subclass

All but confirmed

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2HYaQ8NcEoc

The funniest thing about ability complaints is that it all basically boils down to "what happened to my supply of area-effect OHKOs?"

/v/ is superior to Veeky Forums in every way so I don't know why you're complaining.

See you guys are stupid and like letting Bungee fuck you up the ass. You've become content with those bullshit "expansions" they put out (cut content) and can't even recognize that Destiny 2 is a true expansion. The expansions should always be the size of Destiny 2. Look at a game like WoW and it's big expansion. That's like a new game.

This is an expansion. Those pussy ass packs they're gonna sell you later for $40 each are like mission DLC.

Been spending to much time on /v/ my friend.

The only thing /v/ is superior to is heavy criticism of everything. You want to find out what's wrong with a game, you go to /v/. You want to find out what's right, you head elsewhere. The truth is in the middle.

Spend only your time on /v/ you will hate video games. All of them.

ya. they clearly don't want people to one-sword-phase crota anymore, but let people keep it in D1 rather than nerfing everyone and having to deal with everyone cry about it. they never patched bxr, so it seems consistent.

what alternate universe did you come from

Shut up you're just a hater.

Yeah fuck the haters, really tired of all these people bullying my pals at Bungie.

I'd rather pay $40 a year than $15 a month, thx.

Hey Veeky Forums

you will unlock your third subclass upon playthough of the story missions. They are very much different, save for hunter who will be massively changed but still the same conceptually. Plenty of breadcrumbs are out there for my claims. Regardless, you thought we would cut an entire class?

Regards:

Fuck off. Stop ruining the game for everyone else because you wanted to feel superior with your petty 'gifts' of knowledge.

I believe you, that and if you closely look at the pvp trailer it shows a sunbreaker throwing a hammet at a hunter.

aww bungieanon doesn't want to get upstaged that's cute

Oh, what I told you (beyond the last part), is JUUUSSSST starting to get out due to our aforementioned breadcrumbs.

But, this should not be a surprise to anyone with a brain.

>this backpedaling
Good. Keep doing that.

CUTR, WARM AND MOIST YELLOWTEACUP MOUTHPUCCI

That isn't me.

We're currently getting ready for the Xbox version to go live, so this will be my only post for some time. Some guys in the office were quite surprised at how quickly people found Easter Eggs like the VoG style door on Nessus, but there are still a few more lurking around. We've also been talking about fixing the lack of heavy ammo drops in PvE for the final game.

Ok.

Everything I said is a lie.

last post from me, enjoy it

I can't seem to get any new primary weapons. I want to be a pulsecuck.

But if everything you say is a lie and you say that everything you've said has been a lie, does that mean you've been telling the truth?
Which Crucible map are they hidden in?

some game 'journalist' is gonna scroll through this thread and think you're not a LARPer. Please keep posting, i wanna see it happen.

That was his last post. You'll never know.
Good riddance.

>expecting bungie user to tell you where hidden things are hidden
Everything he's said so far has been true, so there's no reason not to believe him anyway.

Who really writes about Destiny though? The guy from Kotaku is the only one I see making high profile articles, and he's got his own insiders. No one comes to Veeky Forums for scoops anymore.

>Everything he's said so far has been true

Everything he said has been a reaction to when some Destiny Youtuber made a video on it.

He didn't leak shit, he just shitposted.

fuck off. you can buy all the dlc for about $25

CUTE, SMALL AND LIMP YELLOWTEACUP CLITTY!

STALKER mod guy at it again.

Xbox and PS4 are kept on separate servers, right? So we can expect a similar termite infestation in a few minutes?

Nah man. PS and Xbox play together, same servers, same maps. Nobody has said anything about it because it's totally a thing.

>someone tells you the verified truth and some info about how things are in the office
>get mad because someone has a job

>Lets make PVE shit to cater for PVP

Blood is on your hands crucible fags

Goddammit Stosh

They are fixing heavy drop rates, already confirmed via Twitter.

CD will be fixed with gear, just like D1.

Speed is directly tied to gear, so that will be fixed too.

>Enable players to go from planet to planet without going to orbit
>Each armor piece can have an individual shader
>Assumedly, weapon damage types can be changed through mod
>Legendary weapons now have shader options
>Map directly added into the game with timers for public events
that's a fucking lot for just a "tweak in an update"

I WANT TO MAKE YELLOWTEACUP CUM WHILE I POUND HER SISSY ASS PUSSY!