/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t74V8cqK4w0?t=226
blog.henrikrydgard.com/porting-to-uwp/
youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
dl3.loveroms.com/r/GameCube/Paper Mario - The Thousand-Year Door (USA).7z
steamcommunity.com/id/mudlord
emuline.org/topic/862-arcade-pc-fright-fear-land-haunted-museum-ii/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do you feel about modern effects added to older games? Is it fine or worse than hitler?

Depends on how it's done.

>inb4 that one DoF + bloom on PS1 games video

I'm using default Retroarch with the Beetle PSX HW 0.9.44 core to emulate Crash Team Racing. It's all working fine, but it really feels pixelated.

Am I just remembering Crash Team Racing wrong or are the default settings fucked up?

I don't visit this general often but this is probably the bet place to ask, is there any way to remove these blacklines? I'm trying to use PCSX2 to emulate Siren 2 at 1080p, these don't show up if I use Software mode, but I'd like to play the game with the higher res if possible.

That's the way it is normally. Bump up the internal resolution If you want in the options.

Emupleb here, at what framerate could I expect an R5 1600 and RX 580 setup to emulate Castlevania: Harmony of Despair on RPCS3?

pic only tangentially related

With mGBA 0.6.0 out there I guess it´s finally time to finish Metroid Fusion. That took me way too long.

Also are any underrated games on the GBA or some hidden gems? I'm in the mood for trying out some games.

Astro Boy Omega Factor (A+ tier Beat'em Up by Treasure)
Konami Krazy Racers (Better then Mario Kart Advance in my opinion)
Pinball of the Dead (Exactly what it sounds like)
Sigma Star Saga (Action RPG from the Shantae guys)

I'll have a look. Thanks, user.

BEHOLD the POWER of N64 emulation:

I'm not 100% sure what's even happening

youtu.be/t74V8cqK4w0?t=226

I've played through the LoD version just fine.

Where does one find all of the old Nintendo games that got removed from emuparadise?

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games

>SP is building his new gaming desktop
02:51 soon I will be able to test nvidia on RA
03:17 going to be the first time I’m building a desktop PC again since 2001
03:21 I’m probably going to want a motherboard with 4 RAM slots (do they still call them DIMM?)
03:21 so that I could expand to 32GB later on
03:21 will go with 16 for now - already expensive enough for my taste
03:23 I might get a GTX 1060/1070-caliber GPU
03:23 that one I don’t have to pay for
03:23 so that would leave the rest of the parts
03:24 < Vision> wait hows that free
03:24 well I am getting that one at least for free
03:24 it’s not free for average customers at least
03:28 am I right in assuming that a GTX 1060/1070 blows away a PS4 Pro’s GPU?
03:28 or would I need a 1080 for that?
03:35 say if it’s a 1080 - would a 600 watt PSU still be enough then?
03:35 or would I need more?

It's almost like you haven't read the wiki because if you did you would see it doesn't really talk about SNES stuff outside of no intro stuff

Looks like his mummy made some room in the basement

>doesn't really talk about SNES stuff outside of no intro
And?

16:47:52 yeah and it just so happens I got sent an absolute monster of a GPU
16:47:56 so RIP utility bills
16:49:06 < Tatsuya79> so what is it?
16:49:19 can’t tell you or I’d have to kill you :)

00:11 and I am running this on a Core i7 7700k with a Titan XP

Think real hard about it. I'm sure you will figure out why. I have faith in you.

Nope. Stop being dumb.

Fucking kill yourself.

Is cheat engine the only way to do camera mods on psx2? There is no free look option as far as I recall.

>Reallize i have Retroarch 1.02 on my Wii
>Boot it
>Can't save that it uses 3:2 video and 640x200 video output
>Wiimote A and B can not be mapped so long auto detect is on
>Load up some COTM after dumping in a 1:1 named savefile in the Retroarch Save File Directory™
>Doesn't load savefile, so i can't use the NG+ classes
>No way to tell what savefile is suppose to be named, or where its suppose to go, since there is no GUI option to check it
>Can't even fucking tell if some folder is bugged and write protected

Last thread died before anyone answered. Is PPSSPP dead? Why have commits stopped entirely?

Retroarch PPSSPP? It was never maintained, so its still dead since 0.9 or some shit
The actual development? Isn't it finished in development? What do you mean by "dead"?

Those retards only come back because everytime someone spoonfeed them.

blog.henrikrydgard.com/porting-to-uwp/

I guess this is nice... for someone?

>Retroarch PPSSPP?
No i think hes talking about the dev builds, pic related is the last one.

So they taken summer vacation?
Looks like a Norwegian fag, I am surprised he bothered to do shit after 20th of June at all.

This weird dream again, deja vu!

No one cares. Take this IRC bullshit elsewhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

Someone should give that to Exophase.
Drastic even if it's on UWP instead of Win32 would be pretty fine.

bump

Because my connection has constant interrupts and continue at x byte sometimes doesn't work, I settled with a torrent though since this time I wasn't throttled with it.

Just use something like wget, if the download fucks up you can just run it again with --continue and it should always work.

I fail to see how that is relevant to whatever the person does.

I'm sure no one bats an eye if you made a PC. I remember when people shat on me when I first made a PC. Heaven knows what they will know what I did so far in regards to that.

I already got it with a torrent, but.
sometimes -c doesn't work
>and continue at x byte sometimes doesn't work
also you need a correct header, refers and cookies for some of the sites
see what happens when you click this direct link without a correct header.

dl3.loveroms.com/r/GameCube/Paper Mario - The Thousand-Year Door (USA).7z

What happens if it turns out that Cemu was made using leaked Wii U documentation?

That's what I meant. Issues are still being reported and nothing's being done.

I'm sure no one will give a shit.

>also you need a correct header, refers and cookies for some of the sites
Also easy with wget
For logins like archive.org, open your browser console, type document.cookie and copy its contents, add it to command with --header "Cookie: "

Do you know how to spoof a refer though?

Probably the same way.
--header "Referer: "

Some legal bullshit will happen against Exzap, I guess.

Okay that worked, but I don't need it right now, thank you.

>I fail to see how that is relevant to whatever the person does.
Gee, I wonder why people would be bothered by the possibility of SP using donation funds to buy this unnecessary equipment :) .

Funny how you cry about devs getting donations for their hard work, but you're ok with SP receiving donations.. I love how SP also changed tune once he realized he could cash in too..

The haters will immediately jump to its throat obviously and they'll have a fair reason to do so.

>they'll have a fair reason to do so
Why? Plenty of emudevs use illegal docs..

From systems still being sold today? I guess the major drama is because the console is still on the stores

it's spooky af

wtf is this?

Dracula X Chronicles

It's not getting any new games and Nintendo is pretty much pretending that it doesn't exist. I don't see why they would care.

They are Nintendo, you know, the ones taking ROMs down everywhere. I think they care

FACE ME, BOY!

Ninty lawyers will have a legit reason to take down the project and sue dev's asses off, Hykem-style.

>mostly from welfare
* Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz CPU
* Kingston ValueRAM 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
* GIGABYTE B85M-HD3 Motherboard
* Toshiba 3TB HDD (data)
* Mushkin 1TB SSD (games)
* Samsung 840 Evo SSD (OS)
* Gainward NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition GPU
* SteelSeries Apex 300 gaming keyboard
* SteelSeries Rival 100 gaming mouse
* Razer Vespula mousepad
* Zowie Camade mouse bungie
* Plantronics headset
* mbeat USB3 7 port hub
* @Games Xbox360 controller
* TTXtech PS3 controller
* Retrolink N64 USB controller
* Retrolink Sega Saturn USB controller
* Acer 24 inch monitor
* ViewSonic 22 inch monitor
* Logitech speakers
* Plantronics headset
* ROCCAT Juke USB soundcard
steamcommunity.com/id/mudlord

I see some peoples hitting a perfect 30fps with BOTW with a R1600, is that legit?

i'm trying to play with cheats on PCSX2, but the goddamn PCSX2CE won't detect my .pnach file. Am doing something wrong ?

>usb soundcard
why would you do that

what is the best video setup for kega fusion? Ideally I would like to have it full screen without messing up the pixels

Is this that Rondo of Blood remake? Does it run better in an emu or is it locked at whatever that shitty framerate is?

Looks pretty sweet. More pc arcade dumps the better.

emuline.org/topic/862-arcade-pc-fright-fear-land-haunted-museum-ii/

fuck yeah, I hope more comes out of this like the persona fighting game arcade

>possibility

Yeah, so there's no proof.

There's always the "possibility" that Zilmar is blowing his money on hookers and blackjack but there's also no proof of that either.

I think I'm gonna go donate to some patreons now.

CxBx-Reloaded/RPCS3/melonDS are good choices.

If he has a Windows 10 gaming PC, that might mean he'll start caring more about Windows as a platform. So that should be seen as a good thing, honestly.

Of course, we already know certain individuals here hate his guts so they just want to cockblock anything that benefits him in any way...

Is Higan the Donnie Darko of emulators?

>CxBx-Reloaded

Replace that with XQEMU

Not a bad choice either, both are important

>>mostly from welfare

And how do you know?

Dear god, this can't be real

he's probably an alias of some dev here

>Yeah, so there's no proof.
That doesn't stop the same people shilling RA from attacking CEMU.

>There's always the "possibility" that Zilmar
the difference is that Mudlord already attacked Zilmar even though he never mentions stuff like "i just spent thousands on computer, ps4, etc.", after taking donations.

Why attack someone who doesn't brag about buying unnecessary items after receiving donations and NOT attack someone who does brag about that?

Android dev here. I want to run something by you anons.

My conclusion so far is that Retroarch is technically the best option on Android, but really awkward to use due to the whole core vs frontend system. It only works with a delicate balance of the right core files and configs, and the default config isn't great. Also a very old school design in general, multiple cores that handle the same system, stretched on screen controls, etc.

So I plan to put together a version that hardcodes all the config, includes exactly one core per system without asking which one to use, replaces the current UI with a sleek list of games that auto-scans for ROMs etc, and provides a new set of on screen controls.

Is this something you would buy? I'm thinking a $4-5 price point would be perfect, and depending on sales I could donate some percentage of that back to the emulator devs.

Did Nintendo start throwing around copyright claims?

There are a ton of gamecube ISOs that are impossible to find nowadays since most sites took them down.

>paying for emulators
>paying for emulator frontend

Yeap, grab what you can while you can

No fuck off, retrorarch is already garbage enough as it is, making a gimped version and charging money for it is the most retarded thing I've ever heard

Read the wiki

You will get sent a cease and desist if you plan to sell it.

Terrible idea

>Is Higan the Donnie Darko of emulators?
wym by that?

>gimped version
Technically inferior, but more usable. I don't call that gimped.
There are other paid emus (drastic, epsxe). Why would this be a particular issue?

Most people say that they like and understand it, but they really don't

Look up what a license is.

You don't understand software licensing a lot, do you? Anyway, go ahead, this will be funny

You are a low-life parasite and you should be exterminated for the good of mankind, cockroach. Stop stealing other people's shit and trying to make a quick fucking buck, you piece of dogshit. Kill yourself now.

Retroarch is GPL. He can make own version and sell it.

Pipe down, SP.