/ink/ - Splatoon General

The Direct
youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

Previous thread: SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT IN 2 DAYS (tomorrow in japan)

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Japanese Rock vs Pop Splatfest has officially ended, Rock beat Pop with a 2-1 victory!
- US/EU cake vs ice cream Splatfest has officially ended, ice cream beat cake with a 2-1 victory!
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPfxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n3Hn7_7c52Y
youtu.be/s7nC_4ailwI
youtube.com/watch?v=4RBG4KLnGjY
imgur.com/a/wwfrv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>It's Thursday

WE DON'T KNOW IF THE MAJORITY LIKES IT OR NOT
THAT'S THE POINT

xth for secret meta

That's better than "nobody anywhere likes it ever and never will for all eternity"

it's Wednesday

for you

Did they really being back the light/heavy weapon thing? I was sure that they'd remove it

first for loli sex with pearl!

Why wouldn't they?

we've actively seen people disliking it. So saying "nobody likes it" is an exaggeration with some basis. You saying that most people probably like it is simply your own unfounded retardation, so stop arguing for it, and the stupid discussion can end

this

It just seemed like such a lazy way to balance their weapons.

>speculative guessing is worse than incorrect absolute statements

Yeah okay, have fun with that

Looking to buy a splitter, anyone have an amazon link to one they recommend?

My order just dispatched

you need a mixer, not a splitter, senpai. check a few thread back for discussion on it

Oh shit, that explains why this didn't make sense.

So how is the Ink Storm special, for people already playing? On one hand, it looks really neat, on the other hand, it looks like it's PROBABLY kinda shit.

>octothot
a what?

meanwhile my amiibo still haven't been shipped

octo-thot

ignore youtubers

It's stupid seeing so many people writing ink mines off as shit so early. They gotten so many buffs that we have no idea how useful they will be. A team that entirely runs mines with sub power up could lock down a huge portion of the map

So Germany is selling the game in stores already (Saturn, MM?). Any other countries doing the same?

Why is Nintendo okay with that

Aayyy, thank you for your present Mr. postman!

I couldn't care less unless you show what the callie and marie amiibos do

>Why is nintendo okay with that
They aren't but there's not much they can do at this point.

How that joke is supposed to show that people prefer that personality, I don't know, but thanks for the stupid youtube screencap, I guess

youtube.com/watch?v=n3Hn7_7c52Y

The main event of the app voice chat is garbage and riddled with so many issues you might as well continue using Discord or something

Well, they could ban all early adopters Switches lol, but I doubt they'd go for stunt like that this early in life cycle, imagine the PR shitstorm.

are the loading screen drums back?!

how? fuckin hell

someone posted last thread smart one. they're locked until you finish single player and/or locked under a day 1 patch

More just that people clearly enjoy the sassy banter even if it's not in character. You can't say "nobody likes it" or "there's no evidence of people liking it".

ive been listening to Calimari Inkantation on repeat for the last two days. send help

youtu.be/s7nC_4ailwI

but reviewers also have copies

youtube.com/watch?v=4RBG4KLnGjY

same, guess a few got it now
will you go online?

Cute handwriting

Assuming he ordered from Amazon, it happens from time to time. When I ordered Alpha Sapphire, it came the day before.

thank you for that, user!

well I've finished the story mode
It's clearly improved from 1
final boss was disappointing tho especially the music

That one actually has some validity. The other was just a dumb joke

fug i should have ordered it but was afraid it wouldn't get delivered to japan on time

but now apparently it got here early. fuck.

check the callie & marie amiibos now

I think I start with fucking about in the single player and go online later.

Yeah the final boss music was a compete letdown compared to 1.
Almost feel like they're trying to block it early if only to prevent backlash

It's more likely to be the latter given how much of a role they have in single player. On that note, how many of the sunken scrolls have been found and where can we see them?

Just these so far.
imgur.com/a/wwfrv

I suppose it's safer not to touch online until the release happens.

Post said music here so we can judge for ourselves. Or better yet, the actual boss fight, we can do better than some guy videotaping his screenshot collection.

Come to think of it, have we even seen the other bosses other than octo oven and octo samurai?

I'll actually eat a bag of dicks and crow if Nintendo bans you for playing Splatoon 2, a game that you paid for, a day or two early.

nintendo prob wont actively be policing a list of official early access players. they know the game is already shipping

why wouldn't you want to hit lvl4 immediately so you can watch the shops?

Watch the shops or get your switch potentially shut off
Hmm

I want to save callie ;_;

I miss her!

it's our fault for not caring enough in the final splatfest, else Marie would be dead now.

#iwentpositiveforcallie

but it still wasn't enough ;_;

Don't save her. She don't wanna be saved.

you know that thing has a dedicated screenshot button right?

I'm pretty sure I got on the leaderboard for that one. I did all I could

>Placed my pre order on amazon months ago
>Had to change my card a couple weeks ago
>Apparently the payment doesn't happen on pre orders until they ship
>Got told the payment was unsuccessful this morning
>Change it to the new card within an hour of getting the notification
>"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."
They're gonna have to wait for the restock to send me the game now, aren't they?

Do non splatoon amiibo give any boni? I have 2 fire emblem amiibos for example.

I bet you'll get it a business day late, so it's not too bad. Mine hasn't even shipped yet, though, and it's scheduled for the 21st, so maybe there's hope?

You can always buy a copy at Walmart and return the sealed Amazon copy when it finally arrives that's what I'm gonna try

thanks for freeing up a preorder slot user, you're a good samaritan :)

>could lock down a huge portion of the map
You know, assuming the enemy team doesn't just shoot them, which the game actively encourages them to do by the mechanics of how splatoon works.

>all these physical copies
why not digital?

Physical is cheaper

It would've been the same.storyline either way, you know.

>what are spoiler tags
>what is the screenshot button

Marie seems a bit too savy but I suppose it depends on whether Callie was tricked and then brainwashed or she got beaten up and then brainwashed

A straight up betrayal would've been better

The guy on YouTube who first took the screenshot used it but then videotaped the screenshot like an idiot.

>ive never gotten an inkmine kill
the only people inkmines kill are people shooting a path and immediately swimming up it. the mines still detonate. the point, i think, is how much they'd slow the enemy down

You forgot the most important detail
did you save Callie?

Guys the new amiibos are sold out online everywhere but Walmart, do you guys think Walmart is going to fuck me and cancel my preorder or do they actually have shit in stock

Not around my place, after checking up around the Switch e-shop came as cheapest option. (kinda sad tho and otherwise like boxes)

ill run inkmine meta with you user

It would still prevent/slow their approach considerably, and kill/echolocate them if theyhave a low range weapon or are trying to rush back in. You're also assuming the most idiotic placement in the game where they'll have maximum distance from the ink they are covering. Anyone who isn't mentally handicapped would put them on top of ledges or around corners, so that by the time you are inking the area, you have to be right up on it

The way I thought about it, with most of the games that I have already being digital, it won't have to compete for the cartridge slot until Xenoblade 2 at least. That and it's cheaper.

Amazon prime gives you a 15% discount on preorders. If for some reason my shipment doesn't come in I'll buy it digital I guess

From what I've seen it's never made clear, though I assume she was squidnapped (so to speak) and then had the hypno-shades put on her. She might act a bit childish, but she is still Agent 1.

And do you really think Nintendo would use a plot twist that dark in a game geared primarily at young children?

I ordered mine on amazon weeks ago and my delivery date is 25-26th even with 1-2 day shipping...

I ordered mine last weekend I'm getting mine on launch day....

Has anyone figured out what the callie and Marie amiibo do yet? I'm thinking about getting the japanese import from Japan but thsoe won't come for like a month.

marie saved her

read last thread

Does Callie get any screentime at all after the story mode ends? I'm pretty disappointed, but I guess that's what I get for being a calliefag.

Or you could just post it with the same amount of effort it took to make that post

Because it's so hard to just tell me if you know, right user?

it's locked until you finish single player and/or a day 1 update (we don't know which)

I don't know humanity dead. A race war between Octolings and Inkling with the loser forced to live underground. Seems like mature themes aren't being avoided

what the fuck. God damnit I need to know if I should get them before they become expensive again AAAAA

same...

you could get them and always return?

God why is Amazon so shitty they haven't even shipped it yet and here I was hoping it'd arrive a day early.

>returning squid sister amiibos
i bet youre a marinafag

no, i'm a pearlfag

I'm in the same boat user, but them getting it to you on release day isn't a sin.
The wait's unbearable though.

If they do nothing I wouldn't keep them either.
ok that's a lie I own Shiek, Megaman, and Pit. But I got shiek for free and I love Megaman/Pit.

Well fuck :(

It is if my mailman doesn't arrive until like 2 and I have to go to work by 4. I just don't see why it takes them like a whole day to just ship it, what are they doing?