/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Meme Robots Edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite oldschool and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Pastebin with download links: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

Ded thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EIS_JY0iIr0
store.steampowered.com/app/476360/Strike_Vector_EX/
youtu.be/Bn2jydrxHTM
youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58
youtube.com/watch?v=qIRnztwzh-M
bethesda.net/community/topic/73729/doom-update-6-66-faq-and-patch-notes
youtube.com/watch?v=u42OKkhl9To
makuzoku.deviantart.com/art/DOOM-BAD-DAY-Pt-1-2-Comic-608563547
makuzoku.deviantart.com/art/DOOM-BAD-DAY-Pt-2-2-Comic-608564275
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CPMA > Reflex

>custom maps and mods
The best thing about UT4 if it takes off. Guess they might fix the gameplay with those as well. Matchmaking is QC's another major weakness.

But at the core QC is simply just more fun than UT4 and it has better atmosphere, and this comes from someone who vastly preferred UT2K4 to Q3.

Not that guy, but I played both and qc made me go back to ut4.

I wish it was smaller. Who uses keychins this big?

at its core QC is pretty shit and needs a major overhaul of its stack, speed caps, and duel gamemode

>tfw the CPMA scene is 90% yuropean and the west coast scene is 5 players

Wow they're Impressively dumb. There's never any reason to do it like this unless your game has to act on the information during the game. Which by definition isn't debug information.

I'm not sure this game will be playable before QC unless they get external help.

Dumb xero devotee.
Pretending his game is alive.
This is a problem in both games though. Weird how that is.

both are ded but CPMA is still better

>be me
>unreal tournament grand champion
>tonnes of thundercash in the bank
>big ass key chain to indicate my thundercock and tonnes of thundercash
>decide to check out another /arena/ since UT kinda boring
>pic related is my opponent
>immediately notices my big ass keychain
>forfiets round so we can go back to my place
>feelsgoodman.png
>decides she wants to be my Quakefuu and come back to UT with me
>making_it.png

>I don't like how the LG isn't the hands down best weapon
>I don't like how gaining speed is a tad more difficult
>I don't like how good the netcode is
user really. Please stop pretending this isn't super subjective things you shouldn't advertise.
I never post Reflex>CPMA because it's an unnecessary hostility in the scene.
CPMA fags on discord are super focused on shitting on Reflex in every way possible for no apparent reason than these small preferences. Enjoy your game and don't shit on other games without good reason.
Reflex discord doesn't complain about CPMA ever.

It's rude to suggest but all of this feels like an inferiority complex.
Which you should absolutely read about if you don't know what that is before you reply.
>both dead
They're both more alive than a lot of afps and they're both less alive than QL.

Oh shit are we about to have an AFPS gang-war? Are Reflex-bros about to challenge CPMA-bros to shill off?

The war has been going on user. This is a call for truce.

But UT4 is more sluggish than QC.

No its pretty similar in speed. It's just more difficult to move in.

you never post Reflex>CPMA because then it wouldnt be true

>daily reminder xero banned smilecythe for a reddit post

youtu.be/EIS_JY0iIr0

Looks pretty fluid to me.

New afps released.
store.steampowered.com/app/476360/Strike_Vector_EX/
youtu.be/Bn2jydrxHTM

It's a good game. Played it on Ps4.

ded

I wish I were a gamer girl
I'd stream quake and make afps' great again while simultaneously shaking my sweet girl bits
Im stuck being a middle aged white male. feels bad

all redditors should be banned on the spot

>squishy as shit
>dies to a single rocket
>is somehow supposed to be OP
???

opinions on diabotical? Do you guys think the twitch memes will be enough to pull enough retards in to keep the game alive

assman will save afps

I dunno bout OP, but she is pretty annoying to play against desu, her hitbox is too small imo.

How's Billy Gunn gonna do that?

All light characters should get bigger hitboxes and bigger stacks

>listening to old rapha commentaries and interviews

I can honestly listen to this guy strategize all day

>bigger stacks
Then they would just be Medium champs with higher movement speed.

sounds great the current situation where you have to run away after one rail is retarded

Rapha is a pretty cool guy I don't know if you saw this one or not, but he is an all around class act.
youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58

Not as good looking as Cooler though :^)

Is the user that worked on that Gmod Q3 mod still here?

Having various medium champs with differing stacks and abilities imo sounds better than heavies that without a stack get nuked left and right, and lights that die in a rail or less. I don't, however, believe they should all have varying movement speeds, but perhaps different movement abilities.

What?

Are QC queues still taking ages? I have been playing CS for the past two weeks I couldn't take it anymore but I want this game to be good so bad.

I quit for about 3 weeks return and same issues, I really wish id would get their shit together.

rapha's brain is huge holy shit

>plays QL
definitely a brainlet

youtube.com/watch?v=qIRnztwzh-M

no and wont be fixed till after quakecon, straight from adam aka syncerror aka fixyourfuckinggameadam

Ok. Thanks.

so when is diabotical supposed to come out anyway

Why? I understand not wanting to touch the weapons/champion stats, but why not optimize?

Its supposed to hit closed beta for kickstarter backers first before it releases.

beats me.

according to him, the 0 dmg rails and rockets arent an issue on lan

so probably doesnt see a reason to fix the game right now or sth

>take a break for a week after ragequitting due to airshots not registering
>boot up quake again
>get backfilled
>clip happens in the first few seconds
>close quake, again.

just fix your game, ID. I can't go back to the other shooters, they all feel slow and gimmicky compared.

go play any other quake game then since they dont have broken netcode

sounds like a smart thing to do tbqh

>get into a match after waiting ten minutes
>1 of 2 possible situations happens:
>1. completely destroy the other player 3-0
>2. get completely destroyed by the other player 3-0
>literally waiting ten minutes between matches to see who gets 3-0'd
aside from the netcode, this has to be the biggest problem facing this game right now.

>bethesda.net/community/topic/73729/doom-update-6-66-faq-and-patch-notes

All the Multiplayer DLC for D44M is free now boys, ready to experience the definitive /arena/ experience? Rip QC :^)

And this beta for backers was supposed to be in december.

>34.7 GB
FOR WHAT PURPOSE

is d44m multyplayer fun tho?

I have the game but assumed it was tacked on, shitty multiplayer like in crysis or farcry

friendly reminder to wake up, sheeple

bloodrush is my favorite gamemode in any multiplayer fps, so the doom multiplayer has some merits. Bloodrush definitely belongs in a Quake game though.

>every player has a bar that slowly ticks away
>once the bar reaches 0 you can no longer respawn if you die
>dying lowers the bar by a certain amount, depending on how many players are left
>last player standing wins
it's basically a better version of free for all

The fact I know who's posting half of these cpm/reflex posts is very disconcerting.

forgot to mention that killing other players raises the bar

I don't know what you're talking about user, clearly id joining with Bethesda has had no affect at all.

Just play glorious Doom 3 duel instead

>doom 3 duel
did anyone ever play this

Yes and they still do. It was even at Quakecon before Q4 and has its own promode that's more indepth than CPMA customization wise.

is it worth trying it out nowadays

damn i didnt know xero was so pozzed
this is why Veeky Forums exists

>the fucking patch is larger than Quake Champions
>QC matchmaking still slow as fuck
Fuck.
You know what, it's a conspiracy. They make you wait so that they can analyze your behavior in the lobby. They want to know how to make us people click and buy those lootboxes.

What's even in the update? All I've heard is that it makes the season pass stuff available to everyone

Someone redpill me on two things:
Anything different about the CPMA installer in the pastebin/previous OPs than ones you can find anywhere else?
and why does no one talk about Quake 4?

The DEZ installer is the most up to date and comes with a bunch of maps and content you'll have to download very slowly if you get the old install from playmorepromode site. Nobody talks about Quake 4 probably because not many people here have played it.

Thanks user.

Q4 is truly ded, and I believe the most up to date version of CPMA is in the OP

Who is xero, can someone give me a quick rundown?

admin for cpma discord

looks cool
youtube.com/watch?v=u42OKkhl9To

cpm discord admin, black man, liberal, bans trump supporters on the spot

good riddance
glumpfkins should be rounded up and executed

any proof of xero being a nigger?

xero
here's a tounge-in-cheek comment "Don't you have some useless gender study class to take or some basketball hoop to hang on?"
heh :thumbsup: real brave internet warriors
im sure he'd say that to black ppl in real life

xero
im not policing what they do outside discord

xero
imo i think making it clear racists/xenophobes/homophones/etc are not welcome here

>quote from smilecythes post
>nobody cares what your descent and ethnics are

is this cxe
>yfw the cancer in /arena/ is not the actual /arena/ discord but an unaffiliated one

>banning people for reddit posts
>im not policing what they do outside discord
why would anyone let a nigger moderate their community

Got a link?

Neat OC

Anyone else get massive frame drops in QC? The game runs smoothly most of the time, but when I first load into a match it stutters and freezes like a motherfucker for a few seconds. Also randomly throughout the match it will start dropping tons of frames, mostly at crucial moments like when I pick up the quad.
I already tried turning all the graphics to low and even lowering the render scale to 75%, and it still performs exactly the same as when everything was at max settings. Is the game really this poorly optimized? I also tried googling stuff like "quake champions frame drops" "quake champions stuttering" "quake champions performance" and nothing comes up except people complaining about lag and netcode.

Soon...

>Implying they aren't gonna team up with Ranger for a wacky, inter-dimensional family roadtrip

the game loads all the map assets right as you enter a map, so it lags the fuck out of you while its loading them. As for the other random stutters, yeah i get those a lot too and it really doesn't make sense a lot of the time.

Diabotical is the future
QC is old and busted

You remind me of something I want to do after sorting some personal stuff IRL.

Is a crossover between Quake and Warhammer 40K, where Ranger (reluctanly) helps a eldar girl to find her family, inevitably pissing off the Imperium and forcing him to face the lunacy of grim future.

Others characters would show up or be mentioned in the plot. Anarki would be a Slaneeshi Lord; Grunt, Bitterman and Razor are working for the Inquisition (and fight Ranger); Doom Slayer's tomb is an ancient relic known as "Wrath of the Omnissiah" that somehow scares demons away and thanks to Ranger's actions, the plot of Dawn of War 3 changes from "everybody racing for Khaine's pointy stick" to "everybody racing for BJ's Spear of Destiny", with his owner annoyed at all the stupidity above.

I know is dumb, but I am getting bored of Veeky Forums's fanfics where Doomguy fixes the whole setting by killing the Chaos Gods without a heavy dosage of BFG.

Sounds kinda cool actually

Thanks. Bumping the thread with some decent stuff from DA.

Direct link because image is too big 4 Veeky Forums.

makuzoku.deviantart.com/art/DOOM-BAD-DAY-Pt-1-2-Comic-608563547

makuzoku.deviantart.com/art/DOOM-BAD-DAY-Pt-2-2-Comic-608564275

>Ranger: *HUH* Blowjob why do you need two weapons you use twice the ammo and we're running low
>BJ: Never you mind old man ol' Doom here will take care of anything barehanded
>Doom: *HUHs affirmatively*
>Ranger: Being lost out here was one thing, but being lost with you two chuckle-fucks is infinitely worse

Goodnight /arena/

thiccx

Ahh shite, someone already ninja'd me. Here's a Uriel instead.