fantasymusica.org
freemusicarchive.org
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music

> How into .webm
OBS: obsproject.com
Webm for retards: gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/679782/programmers-imagine-the-most-ridiculous-ways-to-input-a-phone-number/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much money do I need to found a studio?

2 gold and 10 food

tree fiddy

Am bored, will sprite suggestions

Give

>Idea
>Reference (Optional)
>Canvas size
>Colour palette (Optional)

Are you tempted? Why? What is stopping you from making progress?

solo dev from home and none
become a meme hire an office and a team of 50 devs and i dunno like millions a year?

Looking to get into writing music for video games. Are there any small projects which want some original music? Doing this for free as I need the experience.

>that rule is just not enforced, or at least, not here in Canada
because leafs literally don't make games. They sometimes publish the waste products of americans, but leafs dont make video games.

>BioWare Montreal and Mass Defect: Andormeduh

Pic related in 48x48.

I doubt that, he is making that game for like 10 yers now and 5k would last him like 3 months of middle class life

A glow-in-the-dark CIA nigger
640x480
16 colors

Been working on the CrocoCrush(tm) device. Also found out there is a limit of how many guts I can spawn, I need to optimize that shit.

daily reminder everyone here will make it soon or later.

even cristian will make it.

googum wont.

lol

>humans only have two organs
muh immersion

googum has burnt so many bridges theres literally nothing left for him outside of pretending he did it on purpose and ironically

this but unironically
make the existing organs smaller and throw in some lungs or hearts

The rest is crushed, obviously.

I have stomach, heart and livers but it is randomly chosen what is generated.

>bratwurst spawns at the top
>bockwurst at the bottom
Maybe you should choose pseudo-randomly.

Are you making a game that's only playable for people over 25?

Rightio. You wanting detailed face too, or just the uniform?

Gonna need a reference image or more detailed description for that one, sunshine

>183185761
In itself it's good except for the odd shine (it's as if the heart has two evil-looking eyes). It looks maybe a bit too visceral for my game unfortunately.

The new skull is great though, thank you!

I'm making a pretentious 2D action game.

I'm genuinely considering implementing a "story" or "practice" mode where you simply cannot die during any of the encounters. Do you think this is worth it? Should there be some kind of limitation, like you don't get the true ending?

I'm making a game only playable for underage 2D females

>wiped the steam games link and replaced it with a link to a folder that hasn't been updated since march
good job on making the thread i guess

No my game surpasses time and space.

>You wanting detailed face too, or just the uniform?
I am a fan of pixelart that doesn't directly show eyes.
Meaning less FF6, more Gods Are Watching.

back to plebbit

Players must be over 18 to play my game, so I make sure that a verbal warning about this fact is played whenever one of my pop-up ads is triggered by an internet browser. Haven't had any problems so far.

If you think your game will be played by pretentious 'not gamer' types, then it might be a good idea.

Though if all they care about is the story, giving them a bad ending would be a bitch move.

How can I properly export my asset so that the gizmo in UE4 stays in the center of every part of the said object?

>asset consists of 5 separate meshes

I heard I have to put it at 0,0,0 before exporting, but then I need to rebuild it in UE4 part by part. Is there a way to make it so that when I import it in UE4, I can drag and drop it around as one single object group, but I can still select and control separate parts? Because I need to rotate one part, too, so I can't just attach everything together in 3ds max.

I know but I have this crippling feeling that the only way my game will get any traction is by being a pretentious story driven game. Catering to retarded games journalists.

I suppose that's true about the ending. Maybe unlockables or other modes or something, or lock out achievements would be enough.

Just give the player a 0.1x multiplier to damage received and a 2x multiplier to damage dealt, and lock the true ending.

Which link other than homph should I use? Last thread used this one as well as the one before that.

Just add it, you'll get more bux from casuls while everyone else can play the game normally.

my bad, didn't notice you gave it its own greentext

If its a skeletal mesh then to my knowledge, no. But you can use child actor components or sockets depending on what you need.

For a second I thought I was in /v/ gamedev thread.

keep in mind the majority of players don't even get halfway through a game, and the overwhelming majority won't finish it
Hell, a fifth of players won't even play the fucking thing. Games on steam with an achievement in the first five minutes usually sit at around 80% of players actually getting it
So statistically your ending won't matter at all, especially since you're aiming for the pretentious indie crowd who don't even like games in the first place

>relic entertainment
>ubi montreal
>rockstar toronto
>sleeping dogs dev
>radical

meanwhile, made in usa:
>call of duty

Furi had an easy mode that couldn't unlock anything.
A journo cried about it and gave the game free publicity.

>valve playtesters who play for the story
They exist, but aren't a big share on the market. I don't think it's worth it.

No biggie. But which one is the link to an outdated folder?

>Games on steam with an achievement in the first five minutes usually sit at around 80% of players actually getting it
Everyone has backlogs nowadays.

>Fanart and stuff: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6j4pcv3V-vfb3hKSlhRRzlLbFE
changelog says the last update was in march

I'm wondering about length too.

If you make a game that's 30-60 minutes is that going to be a deal breaker.

Obviously there's gameplay, so it's not like "The Chinese Room" garbage like Dear Ester where it's just a walking simulator.

I have bought games with no intention to play them.
Like Monolith.I played on demo days and am just too crusty in my head to be good with these kinda games.

>gods will be watching

Alright, so light outlines, less emphasis on limbs more on core, small colour palette if possible?

gogem already made it

If your game is under 2 hours it will get refunded.
If it's under 5, you'll get a lot of negative reviews unless it costs $5.

his most popular game ever made 12k.

is that making it?

If you have a game for one playthough get at least 4 hours, I think that's good enough for one man indie game.

just make it easy to fail and have to restart, and you instantly quadruple the playtime
it works for every indie horror game, why not yours too?

also it depends on the target audience, cost, and quality. I'd be happy to pay 5 bucks for an hour long game if it's a really fun hour. Likewise your favourite journalist would pay for a sappy walking sim that ticks all the sjw boxes

I like to think that people won't refund a game that's a genuinely good time.

I think that most people refund short games because they were shit, and overpriced.

If I'm charging 5-10 for about an hour that's not terrible if the experience is good. Short games also lend themselves to be replayable.

Just add the Konami code like a normal person

Basically. Although it needn't be a direct emulation of that style; I am mostly curious if that could work within that smaller resolution.
I don't have a game to use it in though.

made more than your nogame having ass

>tfw got recommended DreadOut
>play until the Scissor Phantom
>Literally made me drop teh game because of how bullshit it was

Please don't do shit like that. It's terrible.

>implying gogem.pro is not a great pioneer of practical VR eye-tracking tech use and an excellent visionary who will only become truly appreciated after gaben's assassins eliminate him

I would definitely consider refunding a 1 hour game if it cost $10. That's too much for too little.
Also, lots of people will abuse the system just because they can.

>Konami code
Sick reference, brah!

but you're a neet.

he's making a pretentious indie game, you may as well throw in as many cheap tricks as possible
that would be a fun idea for a jam, actually. Make the most "indie" game possible

/agdg/, is your protagonist as well designed as Rock Howard?

It's literally a pile of shit, so... I guess?

That would be a fucking hilarious game jam. It would also probably be the fucking worst one ever.

all garb

>the reactions from people who realise that their games are exactly like the parodies made for the jam

I'd hope that it produces stuff like qz.com/679782/programmers-imagine-the-most-ridiculous-ways-to-input-a-phone-number/

It should work. I think the canvas size for gods will be watching was something like 64x64 (MC's measuring up as 20x60 in the main picture I've found (group of them stood around a fire), but honestly I think they forsook standardized canvas size for artistic freedom judging from other screenshots I can find)

I don't mind. Just looking for something to occupy myself with. This is a fun request, lot of detail to work with

How's this so far? Trying to get his arms into an at ease position, but it's proving a bit too fun to find the small of his back where it doesn't look like his hands are in pockets

No but I also didn't ruin a cool character with lame out of place wings so....

why aren't you making games for china?

Chinamen are literal garbage people. That's why.

I don't want to make pay2win garbage with stolen assets.

I know what you mean. Maybe it would be easier if the torso was turned a little like in the source, so you could hide his left arm a bit and use a stronger shade contrast to indicate his right arm's depth.
Although the belt must be making it difficult to shade the area distinctively.

>58%
>47%

WHICH ONE IS IT??

see He is a complete loser who pretends to be someone. His biggest accomplishment is that he released shovelware on steam, in his mind that makes him more of a game dev than all the other guys here who work on proper games but didn't release anything yet. Which is bizarre because even 2 month old projects look better and more sophisticated than anything he ever created combined.

do mobile people care if you make an asset flip game?

>asia-pacific
>implying half of it is not coming from gaygom's massive profits

One is percent the other is billions ya dummy

>China

Lost 2 weeks of asset progress in Game Maker last night. All of my fucking sprites are and sounds are gone. The images are 0x0 pixel png images that paint won't open. What the fuck happened?

A Chinese friend once told me that Chinese companies will run an MMO for 6 months, then shut it down and sell it to another company. Then that company will change some of the assets and release it as a brand new game. They just keep buying and selling these because the Chinese keep playing them.

>What the fuck happened?
GM happened, it has buggiest and most retarded asset management system.

they absolutely do not

it may not have saved the project file properly. Check the folders to see if they're still there. If they are then you'll have to readd them
Also why don't you have a backup?

I totally want to make an MMO but I don't know enough for it yet

>run an MMO for 6 months, then shut it down and sell it to another company.
keep in mind they have a different financial model over there, where they don't pay subs to a game but pay the cafes with computers directly & the publishers work with the cafes on what's installed where. Some apartment leases come with free 6 months at neighboring cafes as perks instead of a pool or laundry washer/dryers indoors.

>What the fuck happened?
It's the harrowing call of the backup fairy!

Unityfag hackers strike again

I added a fancy arrow camera for when the player makes a good shot, feels good to to watch that long precision shot fly

Is it true toby fox made undertale using drag and drop?

>slow-mo
>arrow not wobbling around

>it may not have saved the project file properly. Check the folders to see if they're still there. If they are then you'll have to readd them

Some of them are there (just images, not animations)others aren't. The back up is spotty too.

>Also why don't you have a backup?

I trusted gamemaker to make 5 back up folders for each project in the preferences settings. It only maintained one of them 4 of them haven't been backed up in a week. Never again.

no, he used switch statements

>not allowing the player to control the arrow
Weak

don't make backups, just stop using failmaker. nobody should continue to use software that treats the user data with such disregard

I will add some details later, like the arrow rotating, but i don't know yet if i will add the arrow doing the snake thing since that would require rigging the arrow and i'm not really sure if it's worth the trouble

How do you know ahead of time if the shot is good? I've been wondering how Sniper Elite does it. If the projectile just moves in a straight line it's easy, but I'm assuming you have some kind of physics acting on the arrows.

>I totally want to make an MMO but I don't know enough for it yet

Making an (original)MMO is like making 10 games in one. You need experience and a full team - not knowledge.