Hyundai Motors Manufacturing employer

>lives in nigger infested town
>makes 70k a year
>gooks everywhere
>cars aren't selling well
>only Elantra are selling well, they don't give a fuck about Sonata,Accent,Santa fe
>Inventories exceed Maximum capacity
> they rented a land next to the factory to store old models 15-16 models
> cars getting infested with nigger ants, nigger snakes, wires and engines are gone
> they cant sell the car cheaper bc of gooks are fags
>even employers gets 25% off discounts on cars, they still buys bran new Toyota,Honda,dodge
> value of the 2015 Sonata full options is worth 7k in here

as Hyundai employer this company still needs 3-5 decades to catch up Japanese brands.

ask anything to Hyundai employer

Why SHOULDNT I buy a haiundai

>companies would rather destroy all their inventory or let it rot rather than sell it cheaper to people that need cars.

Deserves to go bankrupt desu

what was the genesis like? the coupe one

Genesis Coupe is fucking trash, absolutely nothing like the sedans

Just wait for another recession it hit. Gook shit always sells well during recessions

Are the warranties a meme or Hyundai will step up and cover shit?

>went to google maps
>looked it up
>hundreds of cars just sitting in the lot

good god

its fucking trash it has nothing to do with luxury sedan. don't buy it. one of my employer bought one cheap it last less than 4 years with manual transmission failure, he sold it for 1k to some mexican slave.they're trying hard to get best warranties for the car but still i wont buy this piece of crab since the company cares about car sales than customers.

op here since i would like to take a pictures but cant since there's a cop guarding the places,also it's illegal doing this, but its only restricted to employers so i have my rights to make this post

My parents got a Santa Fe
What a piece of shit, 10k europoorbux were wasted on this shitheap for the first 6 months of ownership
My question is why haven't you kysed yourself

kia or hyundai?
what's the less crappy hatchback available in merica?

>this piece of crab
wat

Kia Rio costs pennies. Doesnt matter if it breaks down its practically free. Same with the fiesta. Can pick up a brand new 0 miles model year fiesta for 9k at a stealership today if you want. Ridiculous pricing.

My senpai is leasing a Tuscon and I'll admit it's pretty comfy. I like the big windshield. But my mom has 2010 accent and it is a pure heaping shit pile. There's nothing good about it. It's ugly, its pickup is borderline unsafe, it barely can go over 70mph, it's uncomfy as fuck, the handling sucks. I don't hate any car more than I do that. I'm mad just thinking about that little putt-putt car

How's Genesis as a brand?
Do you guys actually try to put in some effort with those or is it just shiny Hyundai?

> they rented a land next to the factory to store old models 15-16 models
> cars getting infested with nigger ants, nigger snakes, wires and engines are gone
> they cant sell the car cheaper bc of gooks are fags
Is this what you're talking about?

Designed by Germans to last instead of being loaded with gimmicks, at least according to the guy who used to lead BMW's M division

Pepsi or Coke?
Do you fold your pizza when you eat it?
Does cilantro taste like soap?
How big is your duck?

What do they plan to do with the cars that are just wasting away?

>look guys I did a trollolol

jesus christ what the fuck

Wonder if they'd care much if you stole 2 or 10

holy fuck

jesus fuck

>[koyaanisqatsi music plays in the distance]

Where do they keep the keys to the cars in the lot?

>gook shitboxes as far as the eye can see
is this what hell on earth looks like? waking up in the middle of this field?
what the fuck do they plan on doing with all of these? why so many 15-16 models? did they expect a sudden boom and to start selling them like crazy? why didn't they just stop after the first batch didn't sell?
This just keeps raising more and more questions

Priceless thread OP

im sure most are kept in the cars

fuck cant post the image,having a error to post the google map screenshot.
they rented this part of land to store older models, we tried to get rid of the cars soon as possible (since its illegal) but our higher ups is a gook fag that doesn't want to sell the car cheap, so it's just sitting in there most of the cars doesn't run since battery died and engines became snakes house, ants chewed off wires. Its becoming a junk yard.

Op here its a trash in here since its used by company cars, any employers can drive that shitnesis,also some nigger stole one

>Its becoming a junk yard
so what the fuck is their plan?

how the fuck do they turn this around? hyundai and kia aren't even really terrible anymore, and they're expanding their line to include nicer options (new Genesis/Stinger). The reviews for all these are great, but fuck, america doesn't want 'em.

What do you think Hyundai would have to do to become another Toyota/Nissan/GM in the eyes of americans?

In Ohio I saw a place where either Hyundia or Kia dealer was keeping a surplus of new cars parked away from the dealership. Over flow lot.

fill niches

all they have to do is sell a 3door 40kwh hatchback EV with old civic stylings for $25k.

>ywn Shadowrun your way in there and liberate a truckload of gook shitboxes

Op here
they have this map with keys, each parking lot is labeled with keys, that's far as I know
we can't stop making cars, if we do we lose money so as Hyundai suppliers, we are not the only one making cars there's lots of different huge companies supplying wheel covers,engine covers,seats,etc. we only assemble it and paint it. its just our company rules so as GM, Honda,Ford, all the companies keeps making cars even they don't sell well. its just how the economy works.

relocate to Japan and change name

by being disgustingly cheap. Who the fuck would buy an elantra when you can get a gawd musheen civic for like $1000-$1500 more?

Op here
who the fuck knows ask to higher ups not me

KIA and Hyundai shares 60% of company stocks, for instance the same suppliers makes Hyundai engine covers and KIA engine covers,for both with same material, basically KIA is rebadged Hyundai. slightly different engine.

>Genesis/Stinger
To most people the Genesis just looks like a cheap Mercedes or a shittier Lexus. The Stinger is a good car but it will fail for so many reasons. The first of which being that GM and Ford pulled out of the muscle saloon segment for a reason, it's not making money. The second being that the few buyers in that segment do NOT want a v6 or turbochargers, it's all about muh V8. The third obvious point? It's a Kia.

>companies would rather destroy all their inventory or let it rot rather than sell it cheaper to people that need cars.
You don't understand what it means to have a distribution chain and dealerships. Those entities are rekt if the company dumps old stock because that old stuff will cannibalize sales. I don't know about Hyundai's contracts, but in other industries, dumping is actually illegal due to the contracts signed with distributors and resellers prohibiting competitive dumping by the manufacturer.

Buy a small drone w/camera

They hiring?

should Hyundai/Kia take the opposite approach then? Right now it feels like the Genesis/Stinger (while decent to excellent cars depending on who you ask) are just knock-offs of their German/Italian/Japanese counterparts. Should they rebadge one more time, and make a super elite saloon that crushes any power saloon or car in its range, and make it MORE expensive to appeal?

... probably not, I'm sure the owners have thought of it, they manage a colossal corporation after all

I have a Hyundai, and 2 of my friends have brand new Hyundais per my recommendations. As a modern car I hate it, but its great, 60k miles and no issues. Thinking of getting rid of it soon.

Have them make an 86/Miata competitor. Something sporty to give them an identity but not so high spec and expensive as to price out young people who would actually buy an RWD coupe. The 86 is an aging platform at the moment, the current gen Miata is getting a little older too. Some new competition in that realm of the 4 banger FR would be good and also give them the opportunity to make a memorable car.

Epic bread OP. Post moar

No way this is real...

How are genesis coupes? Are they worth buying at all?

Is the American market that big of a deal? Why not focus on Europe?

I can't remember the last time I've laughed so hard, thank you for this thread OP.

Imagine thinking you're getting a great deal, 7k for a 'new' car, then realizing it's ingested with fucking ants and snakes chewing through all the wiring.

europe already has a billion economy hatches and thats all they want
its over saturated

>Is the American market that big of a deal?
Biggest economy on the planet. One of the largest populations with higher average money per person on the planet. Also one of the greatest land masses with an overall fucking terrible public transportation system. Do Americans need or buy cars? Shit, you tell me.

t. Not even a yank

op here
I wish but got no time for that
Yes we do, first you need to pass the safety training program to obtain my badge,if your a either mexican slave or nigger slave, mostly moving heavy boxes and tools.

>why didn't they just stop after the first batch didn't sell?
Because major manufacturers in many different industries sign raw material supply contracts to purchase certain amounts of materials at certain prices. Thus, those purchases are fixed.

If you ever wondered why all of a sudden some outlet stores may sell certain brands of food items weeks or months in a row at firesale prices, that can happen if a purchase contract by the food maker falls through. However, they've committed and refusal of materials costs a huge fraction of the amount to just go ahead and make the product. So they make the product and then dump it in hopes it will get new people to try the product and expand the future sales cap of their product lines.

But for cars, they can't quite do the same thing. Probably, no corporate executive wants the decision on his record, so those 15 and 16 cars ended up on the storage lots instead of being recycled. Unfortunately, unexercised seals, joints, and flexible support surfaces shouldn't rest in one position for such a long period of time. I wouldn't want one of those storaged cars even at a fire sale price.

They should have just shipped them at fire sale prices to South America in a head to head competition with chinese cars there. Even if there is no profit, what it will do is grow the Hyundai service center businesses for the dealerships there.

But I bet all the executives don't want to make the decision because then the loss appears on their personal record and drops their year end bonus.

Sorry, I didn't know. Finland here.

Two good explanation.
As far as I know they are doing a good job in Canada.

well, I'm American so I don't know too much about Kia/Hyundai's reputation over there. Seems like they're doing pretty well (460k car sales in 2016 alone), but there's always room for improvement.

I think if they continue the way they have (dramatic improvement from 90s to now), they'll eventually be on the same level as the other major OEMs in the US. The moment they make a breakthrough car and are able to wait a decade is the moment their reputation would change. Here's hoping they'll pull it off with the Stinger, anyway

agreed

yeah, this is why I'm not worried about self-driving cars or anything, you'd have to replace everyone's car and that's gonna take so goddamn long

what a fantastic post how the hell is this the best thread on Veeky Forums right now

How much is my fully loaded 2016 Veloster Turbo w/ 15k miles worth?

Op here
good question,even they want to make opposite approach they can't Hyundai owns KIA 60%.
our goal is making the car cheapest possible and look expensive to make it appear for the customers.

the thing is if you bought the car bran new from the Hyundai dealership, you don't sell it because your losing money than what you paid for, Hyundai and KIA loses the resell value of 40% in 30 months, so its up to you.

>possible and look expensive to make it appear for the customers
does this even matter?
interiors of the focus/fiesta are trash but they still sell

Gook brands are never going to ever reach the tier that nippon brands are.

Japs had a whole golden era of sports car, shitbox and truck god machines, then went to shit and got boring. Koreans don't even have a car culture, they are just trying to skip to the end point, making boring shitboxes trying to fight with nips and germans luxury cars.

Who with even half a brain would even buy a korean car? The difference between a similar model gook car, and a slant car is like $2k. Spending an extra 2k on a purchase that costs near $20k isn't that big of a deal. Plus the resale value is worth it just on that.

Kia should really be trying to make cars that btfo the shambling corpse of Nissan and the Versa. It the could make a cheap semi reliable car and hit $12k new msrp, then people might buy them. They have to work their way up from super cheap shitboxes like the japs did.

the price of scrap metal in your area

lemmings only care if the exterior looks """cool""" doesn't matter how shit the car actually is

Op here
I would hire you

its your fault for buying that gook shit, I would say around 19k

>Is the American market that big of a deal?
Because everything is spread out, everyone uses cars. And lots of people like replacing used cars with new ones even though the used car is still running fine.

You're completely right. When it comes to Jap cars you can just talk forever about cool cars from the 80's and 90's. Skyline, 86, RX7, Supra, Celica, WRX, EVO, MX5, Silvia, you could just go on. Not to mention loony shit like kei cars and the entire custom culture and drift culture over there. What the fuck has a Korean car company done that's even remotely interesting? Could you name ONE car they've made that you'd rather own than any example I just rattled off there in about 15 seconds? Probably not.

Fuck. Korean cars are so god damn boring.

I think Hyundai/Kia actually have this going for them. It sounds dumb, but EVERY OTHER OEM has identical, boring looking sedans, crossovers, and hatches (some notable exceptions to this rule exist). Korean cars are pretty boring, but they fit in with the others, so they don't stand out as being crazy boring and that makes it ok for most of the public (unlike Mitsu... but I don't really care about them.)

I don't work in the industry, but I wish OEMs would take a cue from Honda's Civic Type R and make more extreme styling. My boomer parents told me they love wacky shit on their car to look different, especially if they know the car is still a reliable DD. Does anyone know if adding over-the-top styling to basic cars dramatically reduces sales? If not, those cars might be looked upon in a decade as cool shit, which could bring in customers way later on who are looking to look back on the old vehicle with nostalgia.

The brand new Kia™ Stinger™ of course!

The difference between korea and japan is really obvious with the car companies. The Japanese steal an idea, then continually improve on it and make it better. The koreans just copy whatever the Japanese did and run the idea into the ground.

>its your fault for buying that gook shit
I like it though. Best car I've owned thus far. Really thinking about trading it in for a Kia Stinger though, but a year or two from now after the prices come down dramatically once Kia realizes nobody that wants them can afford them.

Or when the people who can afford them realize they don't want them.

sick 205 hp bro bet you feel real fast huh enjoy your interior ripping itself apart

Going from a Chrysler to Hyundai isn't an upgrade at all

captcha DISABLED from

nil

why do you guys send so many new cars out with recalls? I just started at a Hyundai dealer and I've replaced the upper hood latch cable on half the cars that come in for service. most of the predelivery inspections/service have recalls and the cars have 20 km on them.. Even a 2018 Santa Fe needed the plastic panel with PRND on it replaced and it payed 0.5 hours. Half the centre console had to come out because the plastic top coat bubbles.

Then there's the engine recall. Stick a microphone into the dipstick tube on an engine with a knock. Passes the test twice. 3rd time it seized. On a Sonata with 40 k km it sounded fine but failed immediately. Apparently all this because they put in 5w-20 from the factory but should have used 30 weight?

you are a shitty friend.

>lives in nigger infested town
>gooks everywhere

Isn't that what they're trying to do with the G90?
From what little that I've seen of it it looks surprisingly solid for what they're asking and it has a decent amount of luxury features for a pretty low price.
It seems like they're trying to pull what toyota did with the LS400, although I don't know if the G90 will be a comparable product.

This 100%

bro u never driven good cars then

>why do you guys send so many new cars out with recalls?
Because workers in the factory don't care; it's just a job and they are waiting for the day to be done. And for intrinsic parts defects, that means QC missed that. Does that mean the QC inspector is bribed by the supplier to be more lenient? That happens in Korea and China with various non-car products. So it's sort of part of the culture of Hyundai cars that have lots of parts from both China and Korea to be getting parts from places that might have incentives to screw the USA side over.

It's faster than your BRZ faggot.

>What do they plan to do with the cars that are just wasting away?
Yeah, this

> Anonymous 12/07/1977(Thu)06:02:19 No.18320112
>Jap brands are never going to ever reach the tier that American brands are.
>US had a whole golden era of sports car, personal luxury barge and truck god machines, then went to shit because of oil crisis and got boring. Japanese don't even have a car culture, they are just trying to skip to the end point, making boring shitboxes trying to fight with american and germans luxury cars.

The Quality Inspectors at automotive plants are the second most important people that determine the quality of the product after the operators who machine or assemble the product. Most plants lack the tools to do material analysis on incoming parts so they are reliant on part checks for dimensional conformance. The problem with Quality in a plant is conflict of interest with Production. Production has numbers they have to meet to keep the plant and final assembly line open. Quality causes them to miss their numbers. Knowing what part print features can be ignored and which ones cause a quarantine is critical to making sure that you can deliver a lot of product at an acceptable quality and reliability level.

Name a single notable Korean car that has been brought into US in the past 31 years Hyundai has been in the US market.

Toyota entered the US market in 1957, but lets use that date as one for all Japanese car makers.
How many notable cars can you think of that the Japanese made in the 31 year period between 1957 and 1988?

Okay, you do make a valid point. I suddenly realized, that I cannot name any notable Korean car, and even for semi-notable there is a japanese analog which is way better. But I always regarded korean car as the next japanese and chinese cars after korean. Well, only time will tell.

>implying I own a toybaru
nice projections you gook worshipping faggot #KDM4Lyfe!!!!1! aka two more years till something fucks up and you decide to buy another shitty Korean car

This, make a miata rf knockoff that doesn't cost 32k

The Koreans are just trying to copy the Japs success by skipping all the build up and trying to act like they have fancy cars now. There was reasons to buy Japanese compared to the US cars at the time in the 70's and 80's, but what reason does anyone have to buy a Korean car over a Japanese car in 2017?

You barely save any money by going to the Kia over a Honda, and you will lose a fuckton of resale value, be laughed at for being a faggot and have a less reliable car.

Kia should be trying to kill Nissan by making cars to compete or are even less $ new than the Versa. Or make a modern equivalent of the 240z for a few grand less than a base model mustang to make the brand have a cult following in the poorfag performance care market. Make a toyobaru knockoff and undercut toyota by several grand AND have in preform better.

Problem is korea doesn't have a car culture in anyway as popular or large as japan, so we'll only ever see shitty shitboxes.
As of writing this right now there is LITERALLY NO REASON to buy a Korean car right now. If you are such a poorfag that $2000 make a big deal on a $18000 car purchase, then you shouldn't be buying new.
this too

Ayy I live like 15 miles away from that plant. I pass it when driving to the airport in ATL. The past few months there has been a massive lot of cars just sitting there. I'm pretty sure they're shutting down the plant and laying people off

>alabama

there's your problem. gookshit sells well out here in commiefornia.

Don't forget the dealer mechanic paid bottom dollar to fix all that shit before it's put on the lot. If you don't believe in emotional energy you will after driving a car imbued with the disembodied rage of a Hyundai service tech

I hope someone doxxes your racist ass and you lose your job to a minority

The Hyundai Scoupe was a good try at a compact sports coupe.
The Tiburon was a better one.
I know exactly one person who appreciates the 2nd gen Accent liftback as a production car, but the rally version was pretty cool.

What's your mark for notable? Because the market segment we're talking about is full of boring, forgettable cars from every manufacturer, and the Korean brands at least made good efforts building cars that were distinctive and memorable, even if they're mostly remembered for being shitty. No other cars have quite the same level of half-assedness in their aesthetic design as late '90s/early '00s Hyundais and Kias.

Crashing the company with no survivors.