Cracked piece on cylinder head

hey Veeky Forums i need some advice. While screwing in my distributor back to my engine i cracked the part of the cylinder head it attaches to. Engine is d16y7 on a 99 civic. I dont really want to buy a replacement if i dont have to , so im wondering if i can do something to fix this as cheap as possible. Cant really find much on google for this so im asking you guys.

Some more pics

this is what happens when you let niggers repair cars

Looks like some tried to install the Distributor 180 degrees out.

You're welcome.

I think you applied more torque than that honda

what the fuck is that shit fuck welding, what the fuck fucking happened, or is that shit fuck fucked from the fucking factory?

Did you do the welding, or is that a prior repair?

Go buy a core head or go to pick n pull. You need the top rocker assembly.

You don't even need that post to hold the dizzy on, I can see in there's another bolt straight into the head.
The only reason you can't just pull the whole lot off is the oil seal on the dizzy - but JB weld should suffice for a gentle job like that.

Or you don't even need JB weld, just bolt it into the dizzy (after the dizzy in correctly in place) and that should hold it in place.

That was my neighbor . I dont know much about welding but he said it wasnt sticking because the block is aluminum

Can you elaborate some more? That piece wasnt welded like that before

You dont think itll leak at all?

>it wasnt sticking because the block is aluminum
Aluminum can be welded by competent people.

Take a pic with the dizzy off.

>someone tried to weld aluminum

Don't even bother with that shit anymore, just bolt it all back together - except for that top bolt. Set the timing then put that top bolt in in such a way as to hold the broken piece in place.
If it leaks oil clean it up and smother it in gasket goo.

Not home atm headed to a junkyard to get lucky

That broken top part isnt even chipped off all the way. You think i could still just bolt it back in too

You'll probably just need to smear a bit of gasket goo where the crack is.
Also make sure that shitty weld doesn't get in the way of the rocker cover gasket.

Update: came up on pic related at the junkyard probably going to take the piece i need as a last resort (other than buying the new part). First going to try gasket goo or jb weld and see how that works though. Oh and my neighbor said its an mig welder so thats why it didn’t stick. Thanks for the help Veeky Forums

If you've got access to a piece that isn't broken just bolt it in - PROBLEM SOLVED.
Don't worry about that other shit I was telling you.

BUT MAKE SURE YOUR DIZZY SHAFT IS LINED UP THIS TIME!!!

Take a pic facing the where the dizzy mounts but without the dizzy attached. It may not be necessary to change it out. Depends where that ear broke off of from the cam cap. More than likely it will leak oil badly.