/hg/ - Halo General

Summer Celebration Edition

>The Halo Wars 2 Icons of War DLC pack is available now for $9.99 or as a free download for season pass owners
- two new leaders, Commander Jerome and The Arbiter, each with their own unique playstyles, units, and abilities
- New blitz cards available exclusively to Jerome and Arbiter
- six achievements for 60 gamerscore

>Latest Halo Community Update:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/stay-frosty

>Important Halo Links and Notes (under reconstruction)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>>>news

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
youtu.be/MbU4fPYRvcY
youtu.be/aiajRBb-nAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cryo units look really fun

Guys I'm sorry.
I had no idea we were that close to bump limit. If I had known I would have just waited. My bad.

Don't worry about it.
We kind of made it a mission to hit bump limit that time anyway.

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #327.
The featured map is "Pitfall"

That does it for the Halo 4 multiplayer maps. All 25 of them. We're going to have to start getting creative soon.

>Previous 50 threads
#326 - And it was all going so well #325 - Summer Content #324 - Inane Arguments #323 - Jesus falls for the third time #322 - Fucking WHY? #321 - Technical Difficulties #320 - Awakening the Nightmare #319 - Post Tournament Vacation #318 - Icons of War #317 - At least do it right
#316 - We are still here
#315 - Never Give Up
#314 - Final
#313 - Xbox One X
#312 - E3 2017
#311 - Imagine Being Chief in this Scene
#310 - SGT Johnson
#309 - 16-Bit
#308 - 8-Bit
#307 - Banished
#306 - Post GT
#305 - Halo Triple
#304 - Colony
#303 - Custom Warzone
#302 - Customized Gamerpics
#301 - Easter
#300 - Breakthrough
#299 - ITT We Discuss Halo
#298 - Scorpio Specs
#297 - /hg/tage
#296 - Main Menu
#295 - Hunter Leader Inbound
#294 - All Systems Critical
#293 - Failure
#292 - Kinsano
#291 - Hayabusa
#290 - I Want to Believe
#289 - Implying
#288 - Re-Write
#287 - Place Your Bets IV
#286 - Exploration
#285 - Warthog Rush
#284 - Let 'Volir
#283 - Dinos Playing Hoop
#282 - Standard
#281 - Halo Wars 2
#280 - Ultimate
#279 - Early Access
#278 - War of Wits
#277 - Imminent Hexagons

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

Reminder that this map launched with the most important game mode addition in Halo History.

youtu.be/MbU4fPYRvcY

HELLO AND WELCOME TO RICOCHET ON PITFALL!
I'M JOE BUCK AND TODAY WE HAVE RED TEAM VERSUS ORANGE TEAM. HERE COMES SWEATY WITH A LONG PASS. TACKLED BY DROID. NOW ORANGE TEAM HAS THE BALL. A RUN DIWN THE MIDDLE BY DEW. SHORT PASS TO MUFFIN. THEY'RE ALMOST THERE NOW. THEY'RE GOING FOR THE ENDZONE! AND.... INTERCEPTED BY MCLOVIN!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
BUT CAN HE GO
ALL
THE
WAY
TOUCHDOWN RED TEAM! THEY HAVE WON SUPERBOWL 52

Weird, I could swear red never got a touchdown. :^)

Why did you delet?
Looks exactly the same.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of Halo wars? I liked the fps Halos besides 4, but I never saw the appeal of a console rts.

Does it do anything better than a PC rts can?

The Halo wars games are just great, fun and simplified RTS for Halo fans and console players in general. If you're mostly a RTS enthusiast on PC you'll find HW1/2 a bit too dumbed down.

This Sunray squad sounds interesting but two missions just aren't enough. I wish this little "campaign" had the proper budget and development time, especially because we barely get anything ODST-related nowadays.

post gt

what are your rules for playing with underage

The only touchdown mclovin has ever been part of is when his tongue touches down into a black mans anus.

Ricochet was a really fun game mode. Used it to get Venator. Beat downs, Assassin medals (punch somebody in the back but no animation), regular assassinations, plasma sticks, boltshot charge shots to the face.

I wish it was back

>tfw we will never get the Cheneymania announcement
youtu.be/aiajRBb-nAo

>joined 30 seconds before customs died
B-better luck next time I guess

It wasn't really a planned event. Maybe we can do some MCC later tonight.

>the announcer is a libcuck
Welp

Yiff in hell, furfag

>Triggered trumpbaby

It's as furry as Halo 4 is a good game

Liberals don't bother me. They're a product of their environment. They can't help it. Incompitant republicans that can't do the thing the were specifically elected to do however, that annoys me.

It's like if Halo 6 didn't have split screen despite them promissing over and over that it will.

remember most people are of average iq.
most people are subhuman idiots

popular opinion is what most people believe to be true.
most people think halo 2 had the best campaign and halo 3 had the best multiplayer.
if you think this is so, you are most people.

If halo is so great, why aren't there any good halo games?

Nah

Don't forget the shifting of the Overton Window and the Cycle.
Reach is lauded now, where will we be in 3 years?
It's terrifying to think about.
This is the future of Humanity.

>tfw finally broken the chains of Halo and Halo General

Look at these pathetic little Microsoft cucklets.... Real halo fans stuck with bungie

Anybody have that google drive link with Halo 2 in it anywhere?

>"Real halo fans stuck with bungie"
>posts Destiny pic
But that's not halo...?

343's halo is not real halo

>thread dies
>think I'm free
>some fucking ASSHOLE makes a new one
Whoever you are, I don't hate you baka

It's still called Halo. Even if it's shit.

>microsoft promises at press conference a couple years ago to bring their high profile games to PC
>still no goddamn Halo compilation, still no Halo 5
>just the RTS spin offs
>one is Win10 only
I got a fucking XBox for Christmas of 2001 with Halo. I was 11 years old. It's like Microsoft doesn't even want me to shower them with my money.

>tfw Halo 6 will break the cycle and become loved instantly
>Halo 5 fans will never get their time in the sun where Halo 5 is considered the best and people are nostalgic for it
5shills had a hard life

Nobody ever said the good fight was going to be the easy one

True that

Honestly Kai, if you kick one of the inactives, I'll vote ye for this guy

I have no faith in Halo 6. This is probably going to be the first midnight launch I don't go to. I'll wait for the reviews and gameplay videos.

What if they made the next game a Halo light mmo like destiny/division/anthem?

I'd actually welcome that because then I'd have an excuse to only buy/care about one AAA game next for that year

This

Set it before and at the start of the Covenant war.
Or maybe the Human Forerunner war.

Anyone up for a game tonight? I got nothing going on.

It would work better as a sci-fi combat simulator. I suggest retaining the physics from 2 or 3, maybe CE.

Have the main campaign just regular as always playing as Master Chief but have the multiplayer integrated into a hubworld where you can find The Armory, War Games, and Spartan Ops.

Hubworlds are a neat concept but then you realize it's just instead of pressing a few buttons on a menu, you have to physically travel to whatever mode you want. Takes longer

Also I don't want to run into a bunch of autistic role-playing ten year olds on my way to play slayer

Can bug types be poisoned? Warden's toxic nail polish is OP.

>Bogdanof
Lem, please. Choose a different meme

>that info dump on spearbreaker

THE TIME HAS COME

Are the Bogdanoffs too old for you user? Have they become stale?
You shouldn't have said that.

HOLY FUCKING YES

Sheeeeeeeeee-
(I know it's only 2 missions but)
-eeeeeeeeeeet

I stop giving a shit about Bungie after Reach, ODST was a warning for me. When I first saw Destiny gameplay at E3 2013, I said fuck no to buying it.

More Halo than what Bungie can make now.

The second response kills it.
You were already doing pretty poorly after the first one, but then you just made it too obvious.

I have a feeling it will have a dawn of war 2 vibe where you control a small squad of different hero units

Also COLONYBOYS

Bungie already disappointed me with ODST and Reach, I wasn't planning to waste my time with them again. Also Bungie can no longer make a good Halo game today.

>disappointed me
>me
Thank you. Saved me a lot of words.

If you play Halo 3 backwards compatibility, you should leave this general.

Kek

Good for you, Bungiefag. Bungie can no longer make good games, I blacklisted their asses long ago.

>projecting
Credibility lost

>bungiefag
Do you think this guy wakes up every morning and screams in anguish knowing that Halo 4 and 5 will never be as popular as the older games?

His credibility was lost the second he posted the first time.
You're the retard for continuously respinding to him and keeping him alive.

>there are people on this general this fucking mad that they're in the minority
How does someone like this function irl?

Hey, he was the one defending Bungie with Destiny, I was just telling him like it is, I love the first three Halos, I Halo 4's mp, and Halo 5's sp was shit so no I'm not dick sucking 343.

>Hey, he was the one defending Bungie with Destiny
???

The only person that brought up destiny was you, friend

*hate

The ODST squad has been confirmed to be a single unit, like the normal Cutter's ODSTs. The difference is that each of them are named, will most likely talk more during the missions and i guess will have higher damage/health.

SeeWhat is this?

Can we please talk about this?
It's much more relevant and interesting.

The MUH BUNGEE, MUH TREE4TREE shit is just old now.

Oh no. He's retarded!

Nobody is that retarded. Stop taking the bait.

Who plays this?

I dunno. We have tripfags.

>ODST 2 turns out to be an rts
Im honestly just happy to play as a helljumper again.

I used to. Then blue screens happened.

When is tripfagging acceptable?

>Credibility
What the hell are you guys even talking about?

I'm honestly surprised it wasn't linked and discussed yesterday, people usually post any small/big Halo news:

>"The biggest change in storytelling for these missions is that we’re getting to know individual members of a squad rather than having just one voice for each controllable unit on the field. In an RTS like Halo Wars 2 it can get a bit busy on screen sometimes, so we don’t have much of a chance to meet specific soldiers, but in Spearbreaker we can get a taste of ODST squad banter and bonds through seeing this particular squad figure out the new Banished threat they face."

These ODSTs honestly sound cool, two missions really won't be enough to get to know them, i hope they are at least as long and as good as The Halo mission in the vanilla campaign.

It will probably be short but sweet.

>Jumping out of your pod before it hits the ground

Never, however you should use your gamertag if you're putting together groups or dropping content.

What if someone starts impersonating you and giving out false information while you are trying yo set things up?

Just when i thought jumping from orbit in metal boxes couldn't get more cuhrayzee.

to*

>his halo 4 CSR isn't at least gold rank

Who do you main?

The Master Chief