Audio

Currently wanting to buy a 2004 Mercury marauder, what’s the best audio set up I can put into this car without heavy modification (ie no fabrication)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tWMtennYSAM
youtu.be/7VpaoT678sU
youtu.be/nzYO1XS3jL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Clarion cx501 and Infinity Kappa 6x9s

Amp and a JL w0 10" sub with a good box.

Keep it simple.

Replace current speakers with good ones, replace head unit with something decent, the amp can bolt into the trunk out of sight, you'd want a multi channel amp to power the speakers on top of the sub. The trunk shelf will fit dual 10" subs at the most.

The factory one. Spend your money on something useful like 4.10's, long tubes or an eaton swap. These cars are unimpressive in stock form.

Not familiar with an Eaton swap, kinda new to the marauder scene but it’s my boyhood dream car. What’s the other kind of swaps do people do for these?

Look up the "J-Mod" it's a mod for the transmission and really popular. It will liven up the tranny and make it last longer to boot. To be really honest if you plan on keeping it forever a manual swap would be epic.

There’s a Lincoln LS V8 near campus thats slammed this hard that I occasionally key if I walk by it during the night.

Fuck people who ruin nice Fords. Go slam some POS 3 series.

Fuck 10's those trunks make 12's a minimum.

Are there any straight bolt in 5-6 speeds?

Idk if I would run it as low as in the picture, but I definitely think the stock ride height is too high

Spend some time on the forums not this shithole.
Eaton swap is using the factory m112 off a terminator, or if your lucky you can find an old trilogy kit (good fucking luck).
Kinda, adtr sells one for an insane price using a t56, but there's other ways to go.

The best part is that I’m in Minnesota, so it probably sucks to drive right now. It will probably be undrivable next month.

Northern Indiana here so it’s basically up to Mother Nature whether we’re allowed to drive RWD or not

>10
>Ever
Poorfag with shit taste detected.

It’s not even a matter of RWD. The snow banks will just get to high for a lowered car to pass over.

Air ride is the future

But muh clarity

Audiofag here. Inches on a sub really don’t matter in a car. You can get bass out of an 8” in a well designed enclosure that can beat Jamal’s 15” thrown in the trunk. Larger speakers are really only needed for outdoor reinforcement or venues because there’s much more space to move air through. A car doesn’t have very much air inside of it.

why do retards keep putting this generic aftermarket wheel design on every fucking lowered car?

I mean it's a mustang engine so the manual will bolt to it but the driveshaft, pedals and stick shift is a different matter

Worth to add an amp for front speakers if I'm replacing the front speakers ? Also adding a sub and amp for that.

Strip out the interior down to the frame and body, replace your exhaust with two fence posts coming straight out of the manifolds. That is the best sound system.

How expensive are you looking to get? I normally just do a decent set of 6x8's, a nice double din sat nav radio and leave it at that. In my daily beater 03 I have an inline alpine amp feeding the stock speakers and it sounds surprisingly good.
> Infinity Kappa 6x9s
6x9's are not a direct bolt in for the rear like the older cars.
>The trunk shelf will fit dual 10" subs at the most.
This is correct, anyone who has fit a 12" back there has it hanging off the shelf. I would stick with a 10".
>Are there any straight bolt in 5-6 speeds?
I would not put a 5spd in this car unless its a TKO600. People blow up T45 and T3650's in mildly modified 2v's. These heavy cars need a strong trans, I run a T56 Magnum in mine. It "bolted in", I just had to make literally everything else work.
At that point just amp all 4, don't half ass it.

I mean, is the amp worth it in it's own right ?

surprised to see so many fellow marauderfags on here. Is it a meme car now that reddit car reviews covered it?

Not to me, I deeply wish to have and maintain one. That said I’m kind of a new fag to working on cars so I’m not sure where to start.

Should I shop for 6x8 or 6x9 for my 2011 crown vic?

The only reason i sgy away from this car is no manual option. The trans isnt the problem, its fabricating everything else to get it to work.

>4300lb lazy barge
>manual

6x8s, the entire reason why this size exists is because of Ford
Get MTX Thunder 681 components for the front, Thunder68 coaxial for the rear, an NVX MVPA4 for the speakers, and an NVX MVPA1 for a 12" NVX XQW124 in a box tuned to 35Hz
The amps are small enough to fit either under the dash or both under the passenger seat and they're powerful for their size
Think of keeping it looking as stealth as possible
Also consider sound dampening material for the trunk and doors

Is $80 for this a good deal?

My Basslink blew up last month. I replaced it with a $94 after tax Dual 10" powered sub from Walmart. It is hot garbage.

This is $80 used on Craigslist and will require an hour of driving but I can return the Walmart trash and break even. This is 300 watts RMS vs 200 for the Basslink and 100 for the Dual.

Those are trash, they lie about the RMS power on those things with built in amps. Get a boxed sub with a separate amp, and stay away from brands like boss, they are also liars.

Either get another basslink, or get a truck box with a shallow mount sub and an amplifier, chances are getting a new Basslink will be the better option, or you could try finding the MTX variant

Yes, it is quite good. I've got the 12 in one of my cars, and it puts out damn skippy bass. You're not gonna get massive bass that will be heard for blocks down the road, but you will get bass that punches your seat and rattles the center console, which is more than enough.

I ran a meter on mine when I got it to set gains, and I was getting 318 watts. You're speaking out of your ass.

Sounds like it's what I want then. I just want to add a substantial, but not earth shaking, amount of bass. I've had a massive, car alarm triggering system in the past, but figured 300 watts of bass in a Ford Ranger cab should be more than sufficient

Just buy abused cop car and put a centrifugal on it. Faster and cheaper than a maurader.

>faster
Probably
>cheaper
Do you have any idea how much a centrifugal kit costs? Let alone the installation charges

>just buy A. and modify it, it will be faster then a stock B.
Stupidest fucking argument of all time.

hooked to stock speakers? eh
I hope not, and the guy who owns that quarter million mile car that Reddit Fur Reviews drove is a LITERAL white nigger. I've seen him around for the better part of 10 years now, his father bought him that car brand new and he drove it into the fucking ground. The fact that his car was chosen to represent us made a lot of people angry, especially because the owner is a bit of a prick.
PS: Your interior looks clean, DTR on light flint? How many miles?

panthers are shit

yeah, hey you
you dere with the horrible opinion
yeah, nobody cares

Hey ya'll see this big ol' hotdog?

All I can think about is candy
I can't get this friggin song outta mah head

the stock radio is fine faggot. it's not worth spending 500-1k on a nicer radio for the 30 minutes you're in the car every day.

>being this much of an earlet

>liking aftermarket radio's
How's it feel to not be white?

>posting anime faces

>How's it feel not to be white?
Wouldn't know, but I know the difference between good sound and bad and you're not going to get good sound from a stock Ford radio in a fucking Marauder
If you're one of those dumbass hurrrr i only listen to the engine faggots, then you should really kys yourself

>not knowing WAT-tan
Begone newfag

LOOOL you and me both, man.

fucking Dom? What is that dude's malfunction? I've been lurking that forum from the beginning when it was literally a bunch of 50+ guys with gigantic sigs filled with emojis and full sized pics. I don't know when the Dom era started but he seems like a fucking baby and his car is truly nigger tier. Damn man, small world seeing someone from MM.net on here.

Ty. DTR on light flint it is. Surprised how much I liked DTR in person; I rated black and silver above it before irl. Copped it in early 2017 and I've got like 117k on her now. Post yours...or will it give you away too much?

>she calls it a radio
>she thinks the "radio" costs $500-1000
You're a stupid faggot, you know that, right?

>30 minutes every day has no value
>"""Radio"""

Hand me the clicker

>Post yours...or will it give you away too much?
I mean, it's kind of easy to figure out since I'm the only eaton swapped DTR with a T56 and projector retrofit. I have a black 03A as well which is just a daily.

depends, i kept my stock head unit but upgraded the front/rear then replaced the OEM 6" with a 8" that fits in the OEM box

if your want more power you'll have to change the head unit, no way around it

03' marauderfag here

eh, i feel it just brough more of the current owners out of the woodwork.

Much to the dismay of the rabid retard boomers that run the forum & facebook page

Ahh, another crown Vic circle jerk session. How surprising to see that here again.

Isn't this car totaled?

Hey its Nexen tire guy!

I guess Panther Platform General is really going to activate your almonds then.

I thought Veeky Forumstists here liked the panther bodies

currently looking for a good deal on a cvpi and plan to throw an adtr supercharger on it in the future

what wheels are these? I swear these look the best on the marauder/cvpis

If you're going to put money into one, don't buy a shit box p71
They're stock marauder wheels

nah, sitting outside rn

that's why im looking for a p7b

jk but I can see why it's not a good idea but no other full size sedan appeals to me like the cvpi does. only other one that comes close would be the chevy ss and those are too expensive and I hear parts are a pain because they come from australia?

Why not get an LX or LX sport or something, instead of a retired cop car

more expensive and harder to find.
also they only came with an open diff while some of the cop cars came with limited slip

I'm looking at them too, but cvpis are just a lot easier to find and I'd say half of them are in pretty good condition. plenty with around 100k miles and under 2k idle hours.

I run chinese snow tires on my grand marquis, much better than my 4x4 ranger with all terrains ever was. No need to worry about snow

have a free (you)

but muh volks! ur just mad and jelly u can't afford them rays wheels!

Even with an open diff panthers are really good in the snow with some half decent snow tires.

I drive a 97 Town Car. Is that cool enough to hang out here?

Yes

>some of the cop cars came with limited slip

That is very true, SOME did, a minority of the P71's had an optional limited slip. The same one which is normally toast by 80,000 miles while most P71's are well over 100k miles these days which means you'll be buying one with an open rear end anyways until you rebuild it.
At that point you might as well get a not beat to hell car and throw 3.73's and a limited slip in the rear, not like the parts are expensive.
Not trying to sound like a dick, I'm speaking from 10 years of personal experience with this ancient platform, P71's are a meme.

That was the last year of good Town Cars.

>muh inches
>muh bass
basketball detected

12 is universally agreed upon by the elite of society(of which I am a part of, mind you) to be the best of the best in terms of both punch and clarity, for all genres of music, my friend. If you can't comprehend this, well, I won't fault you. After all, it's a staple of the proles to be ignorant on such matters above their pay grade.

Shove your plastic monocle up your ass and go back to shooting hoops, mr "elite"

I'll just leave this here
youtu.be/tWMtennYSAM

8 is enough for me and probably fine for most peopl. You can go full custom box and put it wherever you want because you don't really need much box. I made 0.35ish cubic feet fit under the passenger seat of my truc.

This way you can save the trunk room for dead hookers.

Sometimes I wished I had a quad cab truck, but only so I can fit a monster box under the back seat with 6.5" or 8" subs
youtu.be/7VpaoT678sU
youtu.be/nzYO1XS3jL4

Aero Turbine 2525 + headers

Fuqin nice. I'm jealous.

When I read about how underpowered people said it was, I thought it was just being spoiled. I was wrong. At the very least I need something asap to get this lazy transmission in line. Eaton charged is primo.

My DTR is a daily, but don't tell the boomer crowd. They might make a joke about DTRs being slow or how their wives cuck them on the daily.

DPB GARAGED FOR LIFE. I ALWAYS GET THE CVPI EFFECT ON THE HIGHWAY AND IT GETS MARGE WHET EVERY TIME.

I didn't want to use my rear storage area for subs as that's where I keep my guns and booze. That sub is under the front seat my man.

Don't, I had this setup and it was obnoxious. At some RPM's it has a really weird fluttering effect which is why I ripped them off and switched to Borla Stingers. Also IIRC, Aero doesn't make 2525T's anymore.
I would tell you to get a tune from Lidio, but he no longer does mail order tunes. MartyO @ Mo's speed shop is the last place to go. I have his tune on my daily 03A, it isn't bad but there are a couple things I want him to change. For instance, I don't want the converter staying locked down to 40mph, really bogs the car with 3.55's.
Post blue

Yeah that's literally the only option I see these days (MartyO). Ty for the rec though; I can't trust half the shills on there. It becomes groupthink sometimes.

if you use (((facebook))) go post your DTR on the UPOA group. I can give you some suggestions on what to do and not to do since I've already been down this road twice.

That uneven tire wear

I just unzucc’d myself a couple months ago. I think I PM’d the right person on MM.net. Do you reside near a city with a large, unruly African American population about an hour and a half away from a University named after a French cathedral?

my actual account has been banned for years so you won't officially find me on mm.net. I am on SVTP though.

it all happened so fast, came home and my tires were damn near bald.

Lmao I PMd some rando “reddit fur reviews”

Fun trivia, I have a whopping two post on MMN, yet nearly 10k combined on CVN and GMN.

I don't know if you're on CVNiggers but I'm still "live" over there.
CVN is awful. Also, are those my old tires?

No, those are the 285's for big brown, your old 35's have been on the Bronco for years now.

Nah but I’ll register over there and look for a nigga. The blaqueness over there scares me

I mean, isn’t CVN “baby’s first car: the forum”?

I have an 8" 150W RMS "bazooka" subwoofer that I got for free (but would probably pick a 12" sub if I was building a box now) and it sounds great at volume levels not dangerous to your hearing.

if you actually get approved this year, I've got 04R in my name.

no, it's "I legitimately believe the p71 is the best panther, how can I make 500hp for $1000" the forum.

yea wtf is taking so long? They actually think they're cops.

I think I found you on cardomain tho.

I think people do actually get approved these days now that autoguide owns the site. I'll see if I can speed things up.

Also, christ, cardomain? Haven't been on that in damn near a decade.