/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>cheap dd edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>Civic vs. Corolla
youtube.com/watch?v=NMcN6SQrtcw

>LEDs for EG
youtube.com/watch?v=y7YyXhRJsqI

>Million Mile Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=vSPiJ21KkWE

>Poo in loo tuning
youtu.be/aBigG-0Vcdc

>user's Civic
youtu.be/tvK4xAPpDlw
youtu.be/Ey3Fp8eVlIA
youtu.be/PFWd5OcEbvo

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml
youtu.be/Ey3Fp8eVlIA
youtu.be/B9aAftTSaxc
webmshare.com/q5v1b
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTBoDxWef88
youtu.be/PSpYnojJzMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

Will 5/114.3 with offset 53 17 inch
Fit on my 98 accord if my current wheels have a 55 offset?

Idk how to find what wheels fit my car.
But I’m being sold some nice rims for 300 because the add on Craigslist has been up for a few weeks and he keeps dropping the price

going from +55 to +53 should work fine.

Is the 98 accord a 5 lug though?

What's the width of the wheels though?
The widest you can go without any problems is 8".

Just look up your car on discount tire. Your bolt pattern is 5x114.3

I recommend getting TSW Tremblant wheels 17x8 +40mm. +53mm is gonna be tucked in like your OEM wheels. +40mm will make it closer to flush to the body making it look more aggressive and better. It's probably out of your price range though. Brand new $184 each without tires.

Pic related are the wheels I'm talking about.

It is
The lug pattern isn’t a problem
I just don’t know offsets

Pic related the wheels
Not my first choice
But thy are all right and a great price

Just asked about how wide they are

what are the downsides of a cm5?

Automatic transmission failure (especially v6)
Headunit back light going out

and what about the 5MT?

They're fine

ETB on the facelift, does it lag?

What's a good brand for CV axel shafts?
It's a pain to change so I don't want to go with something that won't last long.

Prices are rough estimates
All have lifetime warranty.

>Master pro ~$60
>import direct ~$70
>duralast reman ~$45
>duralast gold ~$60
>USA industries ~$40
>Cardone ~$55

Apperently master pro is a sister company of Cardone.

It didn't bother me. You can always mod it anyways.

OEM is best but I have duralast reman on mine since I'm broke and my car is a rust bucket anyways.

>my handicap is pizza

Today was cold as fuck. It's only gonna get colder. I need some nice gloves.

OEM is $250 a side on hondapartsnow. No lifetime warranty.

Yeah, no. Not going to happen.

I found a guy selling a 95 civic with b18 swap and racing struts, and a racing clutch. It'd be a bad idea for a DD right? (I'm pretty tempted)

You could get something that is an absolute fucking nightmare or you could get something absolutely professional. Or literally anywhere in between.

You're playing russian roulette daily driving someone else's project

For 1500 I think I'm in for the gamble, I'll make sure to post results. Could tinker around some myself if it doesn't kill me first

Pretty much. The engine swap in my car was great, but a bunch of stuff around it wasn't.

Check ball joints and wheel bearings

I really want a crx /hg/
they're fucking cute as shit and the gas mileage is exactly what I'm looking for cause commuter
anybody own or ever own one of these? What was it like? Any advice where to buy?

do it

I currently own (and am trying to sell) a '91 crx. I bought a poorly Z6-swapped (but incredibly clean - and BAR'd) dx. I spent way too much money making it reliable and daily-able, but that was due more to the shitty swap than the car itself. After the P28's dyno tune, it made 136hp to the wheels and is an absolute blast on the road.

I get 35 city and 55 highway, and it's a fun, tossable little car. I'm gonna miss it. So buy one, you won't regret it.

I've got a first gen. An 1985 si.
I think the first gens look better with the body style and recessed headlights. Plus they are 600lbs lighter.

It's alot of fun to drive, easy to work on. Once every couple weeks or so, someone will complement your car, regardless of how it looks.

Look for one with the least amount of "upgrades".
Lots if highschool kids owned CRXs. Lots made poor mod choices.

>not mentioning that the first gen crx doesn't have double wishbone suspension

:^)

So can I drill a hole in my hand break and put a pin in the new hole with the button pushed down so I don’t have to push the button while doing hand break turns
Sounds like a super easy mod

Also high strength handbreak cables
w2c

Kind of like this
>red
Button
>black
Break
>blue
Pin

Fuck forgot the picture

I forgot to add this to the OP

>Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Just remove the spring you nihger

If I remove the spring then I can’t lock it and park it

New balljoints and bushings Also put new tires on the front . Westlake China . The car drives bretty dam gud now . Yuge difference from before

Duct tape it

Posting engine bae from last thread, still got plenty to do.

youtu.be/Ey3Fp8eVlIA

E L E C T R I C A L

I S S U E S

Apart from that, it's the first K series accord and they got it right the first time, you may see stuff like radios not working, Ac not working, relays going out, but it will run.

All you do is pull the button and it will stay

But the pin sounds cool

Finally got two lightbulbs and a third brake light bulb.

Hey Shingu, where abouts Louisiana are you? Drag Week 2018 is in the south, and I'll be driving through Louisiana to get to the first track (Atlanta Dragway). Pic related is route I'm gonna take out there, but I'm gonna dip south and visit LA on the way back home.

I'm on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain. I-10 runs right through it.

That a hell of a drive. Kek

sheeeeiiiiit..... I could visit New Orleans.

Might have a meetup then m8

Just let me know the day and I can get it off. Should be pretty cool. I'm only fifteen minutes from New Orleans.

Found a 78-82 Toyota Corona wagon.

Going to try and trade the Jetta for it

>we Veeky Forums naow

This looks horrible. That engine + tranny are great though.

I know what I want for christmas ;_;

Got my new $60 distributor installed. No more cylinder position sensor code and no more misfires. It does take slightly longer to start up than with my old one though.

It is now more rust resistant, much quieter and less rattly than before.

>come to a stop on a slight incline upwards
>put into neutral and pull handbrake up
>waiting for green
>notice the scenery moving ahead of me
>stomp on brake pedal somehow with both feet
Time for new rear shoes.

youtu.be/B9aAftTSaxc
I was looking into getting an AP1 s2000 because of day der 9k rpm but Watching this video is making me change my mind. How much better is having traction control on the AP2 ? I don't want to end up in a guard rail . Also how dangerous is driving in the rain in an s2000?

U gon crash, nihga.

webmshare.com/q5v1b

I'll be honest my ap2 was my first manual and rwd car
First rain I spun out taking a right turn too hard and downshifting too late. Thankfully didn't hit anything or anyone and it was purely an embarrassing learning experience.

So yea just dont be retarded and inexperienced and you should be fine.

>ywn be of driving age in 1995
>ywn buy a 'shitty ass Civic' in brand new condition

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTBoDxWef88

I'd tap that

Hot damn how does it look so good for six owners? Love the videography.

>17.58 MPG
I could drive a veeyate and get better mileage
whos the guy with the fuel problems as well? Did you change the injectors or at least run some cleaner?

That was me (I think). Mine was worse than yours though. Drove my EK for a 15-20 minute drive and my tank went from above half down to 1/4 tank. Feels like I was getting 10mpg at best.

My cousin is a mech so he handled it. I remember him saying something about the temp sensor and oxygen sensor causing the engine to run really rich (turns out the user on here was right about the temp). Not sure what else he changed though, most likely injectors as well.

thermometer?
makes sense if the engine runs really rich though, so does your car have what they call up pipe and downpipe?

When it comes to engines I'm not too savvy. It's a stock d15-b non-vtec in a '00 EK. By temp sensor I mean coolant temperature sensor.

Hahaha look at that faget
just sitting there like a loser

I NEED TO KNOW WHY

alright, so a couple of weeks ago, i ran my car pretty damn close to empty. i got to the gas station to fuel up and when i opened the fuel cap: "ppppshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".... but that usually happens.

filled it half way and got in to start her up. it started, then a second later it dun died. started it again, and it wouldn't ignite. waited like 30 seconds, turned the key again, and it started but then died...

i noticed that the fuel pump wasn't priming every time i turned the key to accessory. so after some time, i started it and gave it gas keeping the rpms around 2k and keeping it there for a while. eventually it would idle back to normal and not die. first time this has ever happened.

then there was today. i ran it sort of close to empty but not as close as before. welp, the same thing fucking happened. started, then died. tried to build up pressure by priming the fuel pump several times, however the pump wasn't priming most of the time. so waited for a while and did the same thing by giving it gas, but this time i noticed some pretty harsh clicking coming from under my dashboard by the fuse box. i'm pretty sure that was the main relay...

soooooo, is it my main relay going out? or my fuel pump? or am i just jewing my car too much by not fueling when i should?

I think it's your fuel pump

Anyone here know about 2017 Accord v6's?
Are they fun driver's cars or just your typical grocery getter with a bigger-than-average engine?

shit

There should be a hum and a click under your dash before starting the car. If it sounds weird under there try replacing that relay.

the thing is that this has only happened after i refueled the last two times and this thing gets daily driven; no problems in between.

That is pretty odd. Maybe the sediment getting stirred up by the fresh fuel is making the fuel pump freak out?

Fuel pump might have sucked up some shit that fucked it from the bottom of the tank

Does anyone know where I can find this keychain? I'm dying for one but apparently they're incredibly elusive and I haven't found one online yet. I'm probably retarded. Thanks

Not sure if this is the place to ask or not, but I just got an 89 Honda Prelude, and I want to upgrade the stereo, would it fit a Sony XAV-V631BT, or any touch screen?

So I found this Honda Civic for $450. Doesn't run but that part isn't my concern.

The exterior looks pretty clean damage wise, just really dirty. If I were to give the car a good wash, you think I could make a profit on parting it out? Head lights, doors, etc, anything that works or might work.

The former

yes, but it will take a long time

Could my accessory belt be the problem? already put 61 dollars into this fuckin thing.

youtu.be/PSpYnojJzMw