/bbg/- Bloodborne General

First Hunter edition

Submitted its life: >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>tfw no doll gf

>your inner turmoil when you read about:
Gherman
Yarnham
Lawrence
William
Gascoigne
Odeon
Cainhearst
Byrgenworth

i need to sleep, can someone else help the rom guy? pass is 6766 at lamp

>when I read Kosm

Any castlevania fans here?
BB is like a perfect 3D cv imo

Who else uses doll as a target dummy?

It's so much faster than going through the dialogue.

You bastards

>tfw this NEVER works out in fc

It is much darker and explains the lore behind the wars and the whole world much better, my favorite manga even better than berserk

Mergo's scrubs always dash into charged attacks.

Regarding the whole ENB situation in the last thread :
I accept for the time being that he doesn't want to do Old Hunters. And fair's fair he has his hands full with Dark Souls 2 until the end of the year if he keeps going only 2 hours at a time which I suspect is because he wants to drag the moneymaker stream as long as possible to pay off his ex wife's debts.

However when he is done with DS2 the question of when he does Old Hunters will rise and he is not done with his obligation to his fans until he has completed every last piece of Souls content on camera at least once.

Then he will be finally free from the nightmare.

STOP

>watching people play video games
>ever

>and he is not done with his obligation to his fans
He was never obligated to do anything for them once he got their money. Because more gullible fucks will subscribe to his Twitch (tm) and donate to his Patreon (tm) when he does other non-Souls stuff. And then he will continue to have zero reason to go back to Souls once these new sheep outnumber the old ones and provide him with more money than they ever did.

I killed him, got tired of waiting.

Are you guy still in Isz? Srrc can't find you.

yeah I love pvping at mergo
like 90% of time it get's kind of boring tho, I usually hit people and then let them heal and so on as I am a health sponge for them and I kill them in 2 hits or one

post your BB phone wallpapers

>health sponge
How can those people get though the game without gems on their weapons is beyond me.

As soon as i get the bloods ill ring for ihyll

I got all the way to Mergo before I went back and realized I missed Hemwick/Rune Tool on my first run.

>Yahar'gul psycopaths bullying choir sluts
I need more of this

>No egg version yet

>ctrl+w bbg
>accidently click battleborn general

>reminder she (male) is into degradation

>there's someone who plays battleborn
i'm shocked

Ya. I started to bully him on psn and it turned into a erp, it was weird

So it's safe to assume Gehrman was there with Laurance during the events of the Moon Presence beckoning and Old Yharnam right? His garb looks nearly identical to the Charred Hunter's Garb, his left glove is even reinforced with metal like the Charred Hunter Gloves.

Shouldnt games have players to have a general

How would you make a Billy Herrington build?

Reminder that this is a thing that exists.

Why is there an Undertale general? How do people even discuss it?

To anyone looking for cooperative play, be aware there is a person in these threads who likes to join games unannounced. To all hosts, if you summon a character by the name of Segalt (or, if you're displaying online ID, GEN-Galinthias), be aware that it is not the person you communicated with in the thread.

Thanks, and happy hunting!

Heading to Ihyll, now?

fuck off nigger

I'll SRRC in now

Just need one last trip for the ritual blood 5, give me 2 mins

Any advice on how to beat Father Gascoigne?

How did Gherman pull off using a scythe without being edgy?

Tell us more

I'm not the host, I'm the other guy.
Okay.

Because he's old as shit
Young Gehrman was probably the edgiest abomination you could ever see

First phase is great to learn to dodge and parry. For the second one dont ever panicroll, quickstep to his left when he swipes and get two hits in. Use the music box if you have it

>tfw no cv fans

Whack him with well-timed charged R2s during his human phase, parry him during his wind-up attacks, but save most of your bullets for phase 2, fire when he starts spamming quick attacks, and do NOT dodge backwards.

He's pretty much the antithesis to everything you've learned so far, even the environment is destructible.

It was more of an unspecial scythe, compared to Maria's blood and fire fest.
Maybe it's the great and sad OST that makes it less edgy I mean he's teleporting all over the place but it's still not edgy.

Im in ihyll now

I'm a Castlevania fan but some of the regulars here would rather circlejerk about ERPing than discuss another similar series.

Same its so hard to do a Belmont build in BB, the Cane doesn't really fit unless its always tricked.

Fuck off Egg what is done is done

LEAVE SEGALT ALONE

I love Castlevania but I mean, what's there to discuss? Start a convo if you want

Not much honestly
He's quite literally a skillcheck so the only true strategy is getting good at the game

He's a withered old man trapped in hell, forced to break your connection to the dream after you refuse. He doesn't just come out of the gate throwing nothin personal shit at you, he could have fought you immediately if he wanted to, but he didn't.

Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours in this game and I just saw a brick troll do a left-handed slap I've never seen before. Post shit like that.

spiders can do an arcane explosion attack
ANY spiders

Where can I find the music box?

>tfw you start a new character and you can finally pick up bullets and vials

yesterday, a gargoyle hanging from the ceiling in a dungeon fell right in front of me

i had some 250+ hours before i got my first hoonter of hoonters summons. was ringing for blood-starved on my twink. i 2 shotted both of them.

was pretty neato

I could've fuckin sworn I head a Yharnamite say "we run this town" as he died, near where you first encounter Alfred.

Was late and I probably misheard though, still, I keep thinking about it.

Then there's maria with her "ONLY UN HONESTO DEATH WILL CUR U NOW OF UR WILD CUROSITY BEHOLD THE POWER OF ANIME" her flaming blood shit and her literally "LOOK AT ME" absolutely horrendous flying blood nova for phase 3

I'mm going to take a break, lad. So there's a free slot if anyone wants to join

>saying shit like this to the man that just killed you
Yharnamites are fucking badass

Huge fan. Really want another Alucard game son style honestly.

Have you ever heard what the chapel dweller says after you hit him a couple of times but not kill him?
It's literally heartbreaking

Beast-possessed soul can climb ladders

>ANY spiders
this I did not know

Thats nuffin.
Bag dudes can climb ladders too but only when they are debuffed with numbing mist

Tons of weird stuff can climb

Pray to whatever old one that you don't get cornered in a room by bellmaiden spiders and they all decide to do the explosion

Is 3% large enough a difference to go after a cursed loran darkbeast as opposed to a coffin on the first layer?

300% is not enough to force yourself to fight a cursed Loran Darkbeast.

Well, that was it. No queen, it's not necessary. Thank you cheesecake for dropping now and then and expecially thank you jordan for being here from start to finish, making all of this quick and easy

No, but if you want to torture yourself then farm watchers to get 27.2% elemantal gems.

Being free from the burden of story dungeons is an amazing feel.

True that

soulsborne is literally 3d castlevania

especially some of the later ones with different weapons and spells other than the whip/vamp hunter tools

dracula's castle is a chaos fueled nightmare that manifests when humanity is fucking around too much, hence the different castle and bosses between games. there's very few direct references to satan despite dracula being an explicitly satanic entity

never forget

>soulsborne

>pretending like they weren't made by the same company and don't have similar mechanics
c'mon

>kill rom
>go to next area
I don't feel comfortable with 35 vit anymore.
>right before ayy laser area with the 4 witches
I REALLY don't feel comfortable with 35 vit anymore.
>out of insight
I don't even know how I got to this point, really.
Anyone know where I can get twin shards easily at? I'm trying to remember where I used to go, but I think the beast near old yarnham drops one at a time. If anyone knows of a better spot please let me know.

All strength, all bulk, wear no clothes and Amygdala arm for massive chub I mean club.

yeah, bloodborne is probably the farthest from a castlevania game of the franchise

unless the only parallel you're drawing is "woah big gothic castles with comically large full moons behind them"

The exact same capcom team made resi evil and dino crisis and we dont have faggot terms like dinodent evil

Don't have a triangle slot
Can't imagine farming the chunks again

Fellow Hoonter, sorry to ask but what is SRRC mean?

maybe because theyre totally unrelated games, and not nearly identical 3rd person action RPGs from the same director in the same company

maybe i don't want to say "dark souls and bloodborne"

>Yarnham
Fuck off, I won't tell you nothing

Short Ritual Root Chalice. You can buy it from the insight messengers and use it at the first altar to join anons in chalice dungeons if you don't have access to the actual dungeon itself

Right now I have 27.2 temperings in me uncanny burial blade. Is there any way to squeeze anymore AR out of it?

It also takes ages to work.

How bout this

An Hero

You'll get more chunks than you'll ever need when farming for 27,2% elementals.

Does that mean I can join regardless of unlocking the dungeon by myself?

Not sure but I think you do have to have completed a dungeon to help an user in that particular kind

No. It used to be like that around launch, but they patched that out. So you can't skip story chalices anymore.

Not really, unless you want to farm 32.2% poorman's bloodgems from watchers.