/indie/ - Indie Games General

Last Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, ((Grimoire)), Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5JdKVjL_iwo
youtube.com/watch?v=U6heejQpgCM
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ur0dfrZ2K4
youtube.com/watch?v=afkN9H9aLow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for csd2 soon

second for ccn2 soon

Third for /lite/

Also
>using acronyms in a general for obscure games

>he's not pumped for G:HotWE

>tfw I had to move Age of Decadence into the backlog section in my Steam Library

>tfw you're bumping the thread but leaving the house soon

>want to play necrodancer soon
>don't want to bump with rage and butthurt

I'll admit I had no plans on playing Grimoire, I just liked fucking with y'all. You people are too friendly and get along too well, I need to stir the pot a bit, interject some edge into this hugbox

It was pretty obvious, really.

I'm honestly curious how many people are legitimately excited for it. I'd assume most are just memeing

I tried to meme it but I couldn't bring myself to care enough.

I wish subnautica ran a little better on my toaster.

I was excited to play it until I realized it was made by a real goddamn cheesy dude (and that it's probably reflected in the game).

In my view it's this weird win-win situation. If the game's good, then great, we have a new good CRPG. If it's bad, then we get to watch Cleve slowly break down. Entertainment either way.

>If it's bad, then we get to watch Cleve slowly break down.

He'll probably insist it's great and we'll all just a bunch of dumb sapes for not realizing it.

>"continued non-release" bad end
Already had that drama for 20 years, feel like it's been strip mined.

Is that a JoJo reference?

Hold up does he have a dick?

Nice Afterlife Empire fanart

need a bate edit for this

>volcano danger zone covers most of the island

This won't come into play.

Recluse plays Central Station part 8: youtube.com/watch?v=5JdKVjL_iwo
Recluse plays Stardew Valley part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=U6heejQpgCM
Recluse plays Undertale part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=6Ur0dfrZ2K4
Thinking I'll play Middens and LISA: THE PAINFUL sometime soon. OFF is still going to get played at some point. Once I play LISA: THE FIRST I'll try to get into playing some more Yume Nikki Fan Games. Starbound is possible once I get a handle of the updates, I have not played since the game got into Early Access a couple years ago.

I can see him saying that even if people actually enjoyed it.

>tfw no western indie rape games

Gosh I wonder why

If you're into /d/ content there's a few.

What if we keep /indie/ up everyday except Wednesday? this is kinda saddening

Such is life as El Presidente

We are always the general of ebb and flow. If anything we moved slightly faster than normal last thread.

I was thinking of making a checklist with exactly how much of each resource you need in Subnautica. e.g.: you never need more than six blood oil because there's only one recipe (reinforced dive suit) that uses it.

Useful, or just autistic?

This is just how it is. Speaking of, it's time for some fucking regret.

Well, then you'd have to define what is actually needed in SN
If it's just finishing the game, I don't believe you need anything besides a scanner, knife, repair tool, moonpool, vehicle upgrade station, seamoth, prawn suit, and a single mk3 depth upgrade

Not too autistic, not too useful. Most of it depends on the seabases you build and upgrades you use.

>moonpool, vehicle upgrade station, seamoth, prawn suit, and a single mk3 depth upgrade
You could skip those by just building a cyclops instead.

Well naturally an optimal checklist would be divided up in such a way as to make categorization more obvious. For example, you need a scanner which needs a battery, but you can actually get a battery without crafting it if you craft a rad suit instead and swim to pick one up at the Aurora. But that's impractical because it involves waiting three in-game days.

A cyclops can't make it to the primary containment facility
Also forgot to mention, a mod station is needed as well

Somebody hasn't played since they added cyclops depth upgrades

Is it even possible to maneuver the cyclops into the cavern it's in?
Nevermind doing so without getting it torn apart by sea dragons

Nigga you what. Cyclops is the best option for getting there.

And what do you need mod station for? Cyclops can technically dive anywhere without their later hull upgrades, it doesn't immediately take damage when below safe depth, only on collisions.

meant for

Yes, in fact that's how I got there for the first time (I'm incidentally not the other guy you were replying to) since I only started playing recently

Silent Running is just a freebie "ignore me" button so the leviathans are no big deal

Oh
I've just never bothered trying to navigate the cyclops any further than the lost river due to how much of a pain in the ass it is, I got to the prison in the prawn suit by going from hiding spot to hiding spot

The cyclops can't go anywhere technically. There are some caves, like the jellyshroom caves, which have no entrances large enough for it.

It was the opposite for me. I went everywhere on my cyclops/seamoth. I didn't even make a prawn suit before I found the respawning large ion crystal.

But in all fairness the cyclops can't get to the geothermal powerplant before the primary containment. You can just swim the last bit, but you probably need an oxygen tank upgrade for that.

True. I was talking about depth. Should've said "dive to any depth."

Sweet Lemon bump

what did you do to that poor man?

If that's who I think it is, you probably don't want to hear the story.

well now i really wanna hear it

"Hmm..."

>10

last time im bumping the thread

what game

same, gnight /indie/

On the OP?

That's Rimworld.

what game

yes

what game

(you)

Where is your game?

Soon.

Alright /indie/ I'm about to play Yume Nikki blind and I haven't seen much of it except for maybe a picture of one or two areas.. What should I expect.

spooky

Dreams.

I can tell you what not to expect: gameplay

No need to rub it in you faggot game.

At least you don't throw like a girl.

what game is that from?

Well about that

wat gem

Underrail.

>cheevos for embarassing deaths
what did he mean by this?

B-but that's sexist

Kill yourself, 8gagger.

sage for the worst cancer this site ever saw

ok

petition to remove from steam for being racist against women

When I wake up, I'll probably talk about Necrodancer a bit. That should keep the thread going just fine.

Whatever you do don't fucking bother with monk. That's an easy way to not want to put up with bullshit.

Just want you guys to know va-11 was a great experience and you all should read through it.

I already did.

does fore actually speak? there are talking dogs and brain jars and shit, so its not too weird. i did read someone say that jill was just speaking to herself

>tfw project Shill is not going as intended

Oh, it's you. Are you actually harassing indie devs with your "shill business" or just joking around?
Please tell me it's the latter.

I'm drawing fanart.
This is serious business, I have bills to pay and dog medicine to buy.

I just broke my glasses and used some tape to keep them together and got sad and felt like feelposting, that's it. I'll kept you updated /indie/

can you draw me a picture

Show art. And sell glasses to buy your doggo the medicine. Or eat him.

I will donate for your dog's life if you post erotic pictures of your butthole.

picture of what?

here

she's not dying, she just needs eye drops for life.

YYEEEAH FUCK YOU RADIENCE YOU BIG WHORE
FUCKING DONE WITH THIS GAME FINALLY

nevermind

You ever notice that Fore's name is in white
As in normal text

naptime bump

there's a decent number but they're pretty much all text-based rather than graphical

today, i will eat some sleeping pills and at long last have a restful sleep

Use sleeping pills only if you absolutely must. They help with insomnia, but you won't feel refreshed after waking up.

Alternatively if you are planning to off yourself, don't. It's very likely that you'd survive it anyway, might as well save yourself the pain of having to live with fucked up organs.

When you invite someone to your place they catch you talking for fore.

Don't. Trust me. Not enough and it does nothing, one too many and you wake up 16 hours late with a splitting headache and more tired than before. Sleeping pills are a scam.

you mean
>'fore'

youtube.com/watch?v=afkN9H9aLow

sent ;^)

I'm going to pirate indie games