/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB54)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?47555-Open-Beta-54-Patch-Notes-July-12-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&index=1&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=V5TSsepFwBM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9&index=1

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Counter Guides
paladinscounter.com/

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

>Reveal Trailer (Lian):
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUX6cakDT0

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>Bug Reporting Thread (OB54 PTS):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?47532-OB-54-PTS-Bug-Reporting-and-Known-Issues

Previous thread:

I want to share Fernando's strong sense of camaraderie!

Evie is best girl

This is OP here to proclaim my love for Evie. We love each other deeply and no matter what you say of her we will never depart. Evie is simply the cutest.

I'm still wondering if drophacks can affect other matches on the same server. It would explain a lot.

I always wonder, when you use a damage and flank champion, what type of item is usually bought first? Damage, utility, defense, or attack?

Asking since I'm not yet that familiar with damage and flank classes

Get either Cauterize or Wrecker first always depending on the opponent's team.

She's mine fuck off

I think Seris is one of the best first buys for a new player. There's a couple reasons for that.

Picking support and just overall being a good team player is always a great thing, but it also gives you a huge edge in those low level games early on. Seris is intuitive and easy to use, with good self sustain and escape skills that make her very forgiving. Also, your default (and only) support otherwise is Pip. He's not bad, exactly - but healing well with him requires the right deck and right team comp. He's otherwise better as a hybrid.

Plus she's one if the finest laydees in the game and has a hot new skin coming.

5 Mines that can target 2 people each or 4 mines that can target 3 people each?

Which is better idea for fan art: Drogoz dominating Ash or Kinessa? I mean, there gotta be that spark, and I see it brightest between those two pairings. Ash is clearly the one who would be most defiant, which is interesting but I do consider Kinessa's role as a hitscan sniper to be Drogoz's natural enemy. What do you guys think?

I typically get my offense items up as fast as possible for them
early game, because of their shielding/ health pools/ healing, support and frontline dominate
late game, because of their killing power/ generally potent ults, damage and flanks dominate
many comps exploit this by either focusing on damage characters then barely hanging on so they can just destroy shields and health pools with ease late game
inversely there's going all beefy characters with strong heals and trying to end the match as fast as possible
these aren't strict formulas since good damages can take out front lines and good flanks can take out support early game as well as front lines surviving and supports still healing late game, but they're good general rules of thumb

It depends on your playstyle and champ but if you are playing an offensive character it makes sense to increase your offensive capabilities as soon as possible, i.e. go full cauterize.

>5 x 2 = 10
>4 x 3 = 12
>12 > 10

c'mon dude this is 3rd grade stuff

whatever makes your dick hardest dude

4 would be better. 5 sounds like it would let you be annoying over a larger area, but it ends up not being worth it since they die so fast and if you get one in a good spot you can't spam mines anymore.

Drogoz being dominated by Lian.

Kinessa could always use more love.

Drogoz would innately pick Kinessa because A) she's smaller than him and easier to bully, B) weaker than him an hence easier to bully, C) very annoying for him when he's flying in the air and hence there's resentment built up toward her, D) has two holes rather than a penis to snugly fit both his knots

thanks user, i don't mind playing support and yeah Pip is an awful choice

Pip is a good choice if you want to be able to play a flank but also have a chance to be helpful.

>Ash has a penis
I hate this meme. A strap on? No problem. Some shemale/futa shit? Fuck off.

Can we have one of these?

Was Grover ever able to heal Grohk's totem?

He definitely is a champion who benefits from a properly-built deck, admittedly-whether you play him as a healer or a flanker.

Just a heads up - Seris is one of those champions who starts with an absolutely garbage legendary. I can confidently say that Soul Collector is one of the worst cards in the game right now. It's just that terrible.

That's an important thing for a new player to consider - you may not wanna drop 10k essence right out of the gate like that.

What are some good and bad cards for Evie?

Also, is Veeky Forums fucking up or what? It seems like there's a problem with the pictures

Reminder that martini used to post in these threads and call soul collector good, it had to be martini because who else would say that stupid shit

Allah is preventing you from viewing degeneracy

Anyone else just love Lex's cards? He has such a simple yet effective kit available to him.
>+20% reload speed
>+20% movement speed unconditional

I love Ying.

Reminder that the old Leviathan had double the effect of max Soul Collector and you didn't even need to work for it but it was still considered utter trash.

Yeah, she's pretty great.

Who could ever think soul collector was good? You get what, 400 health from it? After having to tag multiple people and get off a rend soul or two? It's a legendary that's objectively worse than NUMEROUS level IV cards, I genuinely believe it's the absolute worst in the game and if it weren't the default it'd get used in 0.0% of matches.

>"Soul Charges now last an additional 2s. Soul Charges you detonate increase your Maximum Health by 3% per charge. Stacks up to 8 times. Stacks clear on death."

There. Now it has a reason to exist.

Well, there's been one rework. Maybe there'll be a second.

Her stun card is worse, plus 16% health seem okay to me.

^ look at this martini

I could go for a martini right now

i'm a pepsi man myself

Me? I choose Seris

Using up your legendary slot on a *potential* 416 extra health seems good to you?

This is a reminder for all of you Ying, Evie, Ash, Seris or any other waifu worshipper, that the best waifu of all time is actually Snek.

>Looking back to try and find the soul collector defense post
>See this
lol

Joke's on you, I can't post anymore anyway.

Using up your legendary slot on a *potential* stun with long cd seems better somehow?

Snek is a hussy! A HUSSY!

Ruckus is so OP
Seriously WTF is this character he has damage, a shield, high mobility with his dashes, gives defense to his teammates and his ultimate is one of the best in the game and if a good Seris or Mal'damba is healing him he's indestructible.
Ruckus counters are literally champion that no one uses (except Mal'damba) Sha lin and Kinessa.
Now everyone's gonna say "if Ruckus is getting a lot of healing get Cauterize" ok but then you have to deal with his shield "then get Wrecker" oh really? then i have to deal with the heals is so STUPID.
NERF RUCKUS.

You serious? Agony is useful as fuck. An at-will instant stun is a death sentence if used correctly, and it combos perfectly with her ultimate. The ult stuns just long enough to get 4 stacks on everybody, then you can stun the entire team again right after. If your team is awake that's a wipe.

most picked character at dreamhack lol, only one game where he wasn't picked lol

>This is the mentality of a sub 2k elo shitter

that argument could be used by nearly every single other tank. hurr durr heals hurr durr wrecker, you have a team, all you need is one wrecker and 4 caut against single tank or double tank with bad shields. I agree ruckus is a strong tank right now though, his dashes give him the ability to avoid damage and stuns, he is still CC imune during his ult, unlike Makoa, and could be annoying if your team doesn't pay him enough attention.

Nerf Skye
I (and others) am finding Skye's invisible ability overpowered .
It should be nerfed like increase the cooldown time or something , that ability is just too much
or maybe nerf it by removing her movement speed gain using invisibilty mode
Her invisible ability that let her gains speed boost + her poison bullets is OP

Imagine getting poisoned while getting hit by invisible enemy for like every few moments.

+ her ultimate skill is just too much range, even if im like 50 meters or something (im not sure) i still get hit by it

I hope you put my suggestion into consideration , thank you :)

Seris just suffers from the same problem Mal'damba had before the most recent patch: one blatantly excellent leggo, one aggressively mediocre leggo, and one fucking terrible leggo.

We all know that Mortal Reach occupies the first spot, but if you actually think Soul Collector is better than Agony I dunno what to say to you because you're patently retarded.

whats maldamba best,mid,worst?...

To me it depends on the champion but usually it will be damage or utility, defense items are generally worthless to me except for resilience

Previously? It was Ripened Gourd, Spirit's Chosen, and Wekono's Wrath in descending order.

As of now, all three of them are pretty viable. Ripened Gourd is still probably the best of the bunch but the other two have definite worth.

The breakdown is the same as it used to be, with gourd > chosen > wrath.

It's just that they're all on the same relative power level now, rather than it being gourd >>>> chosen >>>>>>> wrath

wrath was such garbo

I agree

But last thread we proved Ying is a virgin!

is flank seris actually a thing?

idk maybe but if a seris ever tried flanking me i'd shit all over her

I've seen it pulled off with success exactly once. I don't even know what the player specifically did in order to make it work, but they racked up the highest damage total in the game with only three or four deaths and like 15k healing

>tfw back to 3.6k
W-will I m-ake it to 3.7? I'm nervous

Dear user,
Please don't instigate me to type posts detailing my life with her anymore, or else they'll get deleted and I'll be blocked or banned.
Thanks.

Still funny

This

user, if you weren't such a nervous Nellie, you'd be 4k. Now start being composed.

Ruckus has one of the weakest, shortest lasting shields of all the front lines
Also his damage reduction for himself and his teammates lasts like 3 seconds
He can't attack and move at the same time unless wasting his boosts, and if he does that he can't dodge anything
Ruckus gets really hard countered by characters who can shit out crowd control and/ or high damage onto stationary targets
Probably his biggest weakness is his complete lack of any burst damage, since he needs to track with his miniguns to do significant damage anyone who can peak from cover, take a shot, get back in, like Cassie or Drogoz can also easily wear him down
His lack of mobility while not firing makes stuns a death sentence for him since they interrupt his firing so if he keeps getting hit repeatedly he can't dodge anything or shoot back so he's as good as dead
A team with good damages and a Mal'Damba, a team with a ferocity Grover, or a team with a Bomb King will just ruin any Ruckus' day
Ruckus excels at pressuring targets from a distance and diving low mobility characters like Tyra or Torvald and just shredding them from point blank

I am the best at dps/flank but my W/L ratio when playing these champs is terrible in comparison to my tank/support W/L ratio. If I wanna win, I have to play a role I am worse in just to compensate for retarded team mememvers. Nice game, LowRez Poodios

>mememvers

Fact, if you were really good you'd be able to carry with damage characters at least if not flankers, tank/support are clutch roles for scrubs to feel better about themselves.

bait

Play Cassie

Before she gets nerfed.

>I'm good I swear its the game's fault I lose all the time!

>lex doesn't right click all match
>can't hit a single shot
>willo can't figure out how to get the other team off the point
Where do they find these people?

Kill yourself, drogoz is my husband. And only mine.

Sorry for bullying you as a Ruckus attack helicopter.

Onslaught really annoys me when it's a close match. We finally turn things around and we're holding the point, but we lose at like 394 because our flank couldn't stop running off to give them points.

>He cares about onslaught

>on a 4+ game losing streak
>actually have a good team comp for once
>enemy team's is objectively worse, with a Torvald and a Grohk and three flanks
>"okay, this should be easy"
>bomb king takes deft hands
>lian takes deft hands
>androxus never buys a red item
>makoa never buys a red item

oh

>Login for the first time for a while
>Free summer chest for an onslaught win!
>Win
>Get the beach Lex
>Wants the Beach Cassie and VEJ really badly.
>Spends money to get the Beach Cassie
>Realize I just got jewed by LoRez

Fuq.

how much money did you spend?

250 Crystals, I still got some left.

Gift me a 7 days boost faggot.

I'll do it for ten bucks.

NO

>playing push the payload
>playing seris
>have fernado and ruckus on my team
Easiet win in my entire life. Ruckus is just blasting the enemy team while Fernado shields him and I'm constantly healing them both. Meanwhile Viktor and Andro can do whatever the fuck they wanted for all I cared.

>Skye tries to ambush me as Ying
>I picked illumination from the start
Get focusing lensed, bitch.

he meant play with him as buck for 10 games

>Not putting a clone in front of you and letting it explode in her face.
It's like you don't even Ying.

I would do it for a custom mode where everyone plays as buck.

>playing Seris
>the entire team went Cauterize against you
>team slowly melts against a three-flank team
Who said that Caut is balanced again?

>Playing Grohk
>Teammates pick Grover and Inara
>Have a blast
>Until the other team's ruckus picks up Caut 3
>The light in our eyes just fucking dies as we get steamrolled

>Using Fernando at a payload map
>The entire enemy team goes level 2 wrecker
>Shield starts to melt like butter

>shield u-

Why the fuck did they nerf Torvald? He's almost unplayable now.

shield down