Been looking at the Cadillac ATS (the 2.0L Turbo package), 14' - 15'...

Been looking at the Cadillac ATS (the 2.0L Turbo package), 14' - 15', they are rather dirt cheap for what they are and even on how new they are.
I've found some with 50kKM on them for only 17 grand (CND).

Heard they have some issues, but the performance is good.
What's the deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DP0xjs5BJvA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cadillac ATS - HOLY Depreciation
Go to base cuz no CUE. Otherwise, you will deal with unreliable infotainment system everyday.
Do you know that the replacement of ATS will never happen because of extremely poor sales? Right now, Caddy is focusing on more FWD crossovers/SUV.

I did know that. But, they are replacing both the CTS and ATS with one car to continue the V program I heard.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to afford such a car.

>they are rather dirt cheap for what they are
No, just imagine it doesnt say Cadillac and says Mercury or oldsmobile on it.

>looking at american cars
literally why

Good point.
I haven't ruled out other cars.
But, Germans cars seem to be rather stagnant right now and are overpriced as always.
I'm looking into a Acura TL as well.

Great car. I almost bought one as well.

The infotainment system is the GM standard one but who gives a fuck about the infotainment?

>Cadillac ATS
Dank

i love caddies and its on the zeta platform so its pretty reliable

t. oldfag who has a ancient Omega B2

They drive amazingly well, try to get one with the magnetic ride and the 2l 4 pot turbo
They're dirt cheap because no one wanted one and they're just coming off lease

Infotainment is dogshit, but who cares?

ATS is on the alpha platform that's used in the new Camaro

Also similar to the Omega and Zeta platform as well may they rest in peices

no shit. this is a boomer old lady in se michigan car

why isnt op getting the v8 one?

There is no V8 ATS

huh thats weird, do yanks LS swap them? I totally would they look sick

OP's looking for cars that cost only $17k canuckbux. That little 2L turbo that comes with it can easily make good power in a well balanced chassis

wouldnt it be pretty light as well?

Tune the 2.0l up the boost

The V-Alpha series chassis love corners despite the gm cant turn meme they can GRIP

No V8 ATS. Might be your confusing it with its bigger brother the CTSV?

I like the sleekness of the ats tho

OP reporting in.
Found a few, gonna go test em out.
Even found some strange basic 2015 manual transmission one. See how that goes.

Isn't the basic one the V6?

No, V6 is the most powerful engine. Base model should have a naturally aspirated 4 pot making like 200bhp

There is a turbo v6, but the ats-v is still fucking expensive

Correct. I am not settling for anything under the 2.0L Turbo. The V6's are actually quite a spike in price from the Turbo, most expensive I am looking at is 17.500.
Cheapest is 14,700. But probably won't bother with that one to be honest, just wanted to see it.

The 2L turbo is your best bet, same engine in the new Camaro and has plenty of aftermarket support
youtube.com/watch?v=DP0xjs5BJvA

Unless you are 100% certain you will be tracking or canyon carving a ATS, you'd be better off with an IS350. Alpha platform vehicles are horrible daily drivers and have bad reliability. I get to take my CTS V-Sport back into the shop since the replacement CUE system wasn't installed properly and rattles. They are awesome vehicles when they work, but even worse than BMW/Mercedes in reliability.

GF and I also have a Ford Feista. This will be my daily driver, but basically just work and back. The fiesta is for everything else.

I will be replacing my old 07 Colorado which is rusting out and slowly dying, still runs strong tho. I looked into the IS350s, but they are ridiculously priced and have way to many KMs on them. Good thing about caddy is that most of them I am looking at still have bumper to bumper warranty, and still within (by a large margin) powertrain.