RIP Press F to pay respects

msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/socal-enthusiast-loses-beloved-car-collection-to-garage-fire/ar-BBGlFuU?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

F

Other urls found in this thread:

galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Board=UBB3&Number=1240780&page=0&fpart=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nothing of value lo-

>like the Honda Ridgeline, were lost in the garage fire as well.

F

jesus christ

I live in the Norcal burn zone, pictures coming out of LA area are looking way too familiar.

Are these cars that tried to get away from forest fires?
imagine that, being stuck in a fire that moves faster than your car can.

Cali's been on fire for almost a year now, why haven't they move their shit out of state yet?

sad thing about forest fires is most of them are lit by people.

Most of the cars that were burned out where just parked on the street or driveway though a number of people did abandon their vehicles during the fires.

This is a 57/58 Buick, and possibly one of the only salvageable cars left.

oh there were entire families on the cars i posted

>tfw no owner left to play winga dinga music for

>the engine is in a puddle on the ground
god damn

>live in california and haven't left yet
>expect sympathy from me

i do feel bad for the cars but not the people. shame about that pagoda merc, especially with its history, rip old girl

What advantages are there to living in California, again?

it never rains and its always sunny

i remember seeing a photo album on a website that does photo albums (yes you read that correctly) of a forest fire somewhere in europe and there was a tourist bus that'd gotten trapped and everyone died, some of them out in the open, one of them died mid crawl and was left in that position like some pompeii shit, one of the most horrific things i've ever seen

just thought i'd share

This is what's left of an F150

The back of the car was singed with the taillight covers melted but the interior was fine and overall the car was salvageable. At some point the owner had it removed, hopefully to a classic shop and not to the crusher.

After the fires there were puddles of zinc and aluminium on the ground that had melted off the rims. A house down the street from me had a Saturn Sky in the garage that was completely unrecognizable with the exception of the lower half of the frame, and a Scion TC in the driveway. The windshield and windows had melted, not shattered, but melted down and covered the dash and steering column.

At peak the storm here was the equivalent of a category 2 hurricane, on fire.

It does rain but not that often, however there are massive temperature shifts from day to night and the weather has been getting consistently worse over the 23 years I have live here. Climate change is only making it worse, we had a few days last summer where it was literally hotter than Baghdad, pushing 108F+.

I'm leaving as soon as I can, which unfortunately is sometime in the next year or 2 for a number of reasons. Besides the weather and almost my entire neighborhood burning down (with the horrible air quality) cost of living is exponentially growing and was too high before the fires.

Everything is more expensive, the main ones being food, gas, and rent. Housing prices here are simply insane and are only going up. There's also the issue of the unfunded pension liabilities which is a problem everywhere but exceptionally bad in California which means everyone that is already being taxed to death is being asked to bend over even more.

Personally I hate the area, I'm allergic to the wild grasses and I'm not a huge wine guy. There's some good restaurants if you can afford them, but unless you're a serious outdoors hiking and biking type there's nothing here. There's also the state government constantly trampling on your rights in general, and while I won't go into detail suffice it to say the states constant anti-gun laws are literally turning myself and millions of others into overnight felons so I just keep getting reasons to leave.

I'll dump a few more pics.

You should have died in those fires, hipster numale. Your kind have ruined the western half of the country.

Sounds like bullshit. California's brush is designed to burn. The fucking plants pack alcohol into their cells to encourage burning so they can disperse their seeds.

galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Board=UBB3&Number=1240780&page=0&fpart=1

He made a thread about it, lol.

I'm not a hipster or numale of any kind, I hate those fucking people and they can throw themselves into a meat grinder. I'm a hardcore individualist liberty or death kind of guy, and I wasn't exactly able to legally vote until a few years back well so you can kindly fuck off.

I think this used to be a motorcycle.

Tech jobs. I hate SF with a passion, but I would move there for a couple years if it meant I could boost my salary, put the meme company on my resume, and fuck off somewhere less expensive to live in afterward.

Poor BMW GS1200 :

B—A—bay
B—E—be
B—I—bicky-bi—B—O—bow
Bicky—bi—bow—B—U—boo
Bicky—bi—bow—boo

> but unless you're a serious outdoors hiking and biking type there's nothing here.

you're on Veeky Forums yet you don't even bother to mention any of the racing tracks california has to offer. Kinda sad tbqh.

Then I remember not everyone on Veeky Forums even cares about that, they just drive shitboxes or brand new econoboxes

I kind of hope LA burns. That place needs to be purged. Fucking awful car culture.

SF has one of the highest cost of living in the world. I think the most expensive rent in US too.

That's the tires, notice the same puddle in the back.

That is a good point and there are good back roads around Sonoma and Napa and plenty of Veeky Forums related activities between wine country and the tracks. I don't own any nice cars or anything to really throw around and fun with so maybe that's my problem. Truth be told if I had the expendable income to blow I'd go buy a custom ND Miata right now but that's not happening. If you have money this area's a giant playground, but if you're barely surviving it's hell.

Lol dumbass.

>Climate change
that isn't real you snowflake

>dat NA miata

fuck, hope the owner made it out tho

you are saying the climate on earth does not ever change?

Why the fuck wouldn't you have a sprinkler system if you got a collection like that? Priorities people...

so this is what people are so worried about...?

I can't believe how fucking lucky that car got.
>back end is singed a bit
>rear tires aren't even melted
Where are the ventiports, though? What an odd Buick.

>that wagon in the background
nooooo

Despite the county/city never activating the emergency alert SMS system (or any alert system) most people were able to make it out alive, but with 5 minutes. When I evacuated at 2AM litertally all I had with me was my dog, my brother's rabbit, and my desktop and laptop with yesterdays clothes on.

Somewhere around 32 people died,all of them either medically disabled and/or 70+ years old and they couldn't get out in time. The county/city guy who's in charge of the EAS is taking a rash of shit for not giving anyone any prior warning, and the BS excuse is they didn't want to clog the roads with people not under direct threat.

I resent that and I bite my thumb in your general direction. Fuck the snowflake SJW types but whatever you want to call it, the weather and climate has changed dramatically over the last 20 years.

It was pretty surreal when I first saw it, you get some pretty serious fallout vibes walking around the area.

Unfortunately a lot of classics went up in the fire, corvettes, jaguar, an old imported vovlo, a vintage 40s ford truck, a Saturn Sky and Scion TC, lot's of high end bimmers. The people that lived in this area were either working class or retired, and when the fire came over the hill the wealthiest neighborhood went up as well before it jumped a 6-lane highway.

The sad part is a lot of people pulled their nice cars into the garage before they left assuming they would be ok.

>Fuck the snowflake SJW types but whatever you want to call it, the weather and climate has changed dramatically over the last 20 years.
sorry mate, you can't hate snowflake SJW types and acknowledge the change in climate. that's absolutely and positively SJW snowflake domain and territory.

what you're free to do is pick between the two wholesale extremes left in your polarized society, but then it's mandatory to adopt their respective views and shit on everything the other side believes. tl;dr you are a climate change denier, best not stray from the party line.

You've just accurately described why the false dichotomy of american politics is so toxic and fucked up. I'm a big firearms guy as well so everyone hates me on either side, especially in California. No one can handle an opposing opinion whatsoever, there is no room for dissent, eyes forward prole.

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't want to live there for long. I could deal with making $150-200k and be forced to live in a 300 square foot apartment for two years if it means I could go to Arizona or Colorado and buy property with an assload of land.

But muh past 40 years

I KNOW WHAT I GOT! NO LOWBALLERS OR TIRE KICKERS!

Is that aluminum?

Yes.

This is at least half if not 90% jewish lightning. All these fucks were up side down on loans with gap coverage. Rolling over stupid negitive equity into mutiple loans over and over again and saw the fire coming called an uber and left that shit to burn.

On a side note i had an a6 with a blown trans that i hit a deer with was the best luck i ever had. Bought car for $1200 insurance gave me $4500.