Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/harada_tekken/status/882172004463398912
twitter.com/dora_bang/status/887844614736011266
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neighborly reminder that a game which lacks strong zoning, is a game not worth playing.

Neighborly reminder that Dragonball FighterZ will be a poorly crafted fighter with abysmal space control, awful movement when compared to the Marvel series, lack of assist variety, and no appreciable character archetype diversity. Just because it's not Capcom doesn't mean it won't be bad. If you have to constantly compare yourself to current Capcom to make a game sound good, then it's a shit game.

>"Wow guys i'm not shill, i get no money for saying good stuff about MVCI"
>Literal who invited to play new characters on main stage, not marvel champion or someone, just because
Fchamp everyone

why aren't we making our own fighter?

>No ABA reveal
What a shit EVO.
Jubei's alright.

How long did it take for Capcom to finally announce Abigail after revealing Ed?

> (You)
>who?

Season 4 big bad

Anybody up for some games?

anyone t7/rev2/inj2? us east, trying to learn bryan.

>Patchy with tits
Heresy.

i was talking about the purple trap but yeh i forgot about plat shes a top wife

DIGITAL UNIST IS UP

>they fixed it
>la la la im not listening i dont care

>that one time he fucked up going to mvc finals and lost to an arthur he could have easily killed

What is the justification for giving some character invincible reversals, giving others invincible reversals only with EX, and then not giving them to others.

Are you calling Carl a trap?

how to buy on jp psn. can you use an anerican credit card?

>purple trap
user no

Calm down, Woshige

You will need faith then, because the technology is against you:
twitter.com/harada_tekken/status/882172004463398912
Either that or Harada is lying, which I doubt.

I think he's talking about Amane.

it doesn't feel like mvci is close to ready imo

Bridget when

He means Amane you mongrels.

Oh he's colourblind, not retarded. Ok then.

Shit 2hu

He said petite in the first post.

Amane is like 6'0"

you have to buy a japanese PSN card over the internet, except playasia is sold out so you get to eat shit and wallow in your gajinitis

yes
its a boy isnt it?

Remember to play a fighting game today /fgg/

Remember to practice tech that you have trouble with

Remember to view replays of both your wins and losses and learn from them

Remember to always practice good sportsmanship, whether online or in person

Remember to help newcomers learn by playing constructively without trying to frustrate them (i.e. keep doing one thing until they learn to counter it)

Rememver that your main is your main for a reason, and playing another character might set you back, but don't be afraid to change characters if you think it's best

Remember to watch some high-level play of the game or character you're learning

Remember to never discourage someone from playing a game they're interested in or having fun with

Remember that the lab can only teach you so much, real matches are the best way to learn

Remember to support and attend your locals and grassroots events, they're the backbone of the FGC

Remember to practice personal hygiene reguarly, especially if you're going to an event. How you look and smell isn't just a reflection on you, but on your game and the community as a whole

Remember to set realistic goals for yourself and keep working at them until they're realized

Remember to ask around to find sparring partners who play characters you're bad or inexperienced against

Remember that tier lists are generalized and tailored to the highest levels of play, so just play who you think is fun and don't blame your losses on your low-tier main or attribute your wins to your high-tier main

Remember to never dodge when you call someone out as being bad and they actually challenge you

Remember to seek out opponents who are of equal or higher skill

Remember that winning or losing isn't as important as improvement

Remember that no matter how bad you think you are, every single player you consider better than you was at your level at some point

And most of all, remember to have fun, /fgg/, because fighting games are something so great.

Netcode's an extremely valid complaint, but most of those aren't very good arguments from a competitive standpoint. I would agree rushing its launch was retarded, and they should have focused more on story and tutorials, but if you're serious about playing fighting games to play with other people that stuff is never going to be very important.

You can hate weak anti-airs and jab anti-airs, as long as you don't like jab anti-airs but also don't like that certain other characters have shit AA options.

I think 2 months.

Yeah.

what about paypal? do i have to make a jp paypal account for that to work?

hmmm i was using petite as a small frame / flat chest kind of thing

you've made this post multiple times already. stop embarrassing yourself and fishing for (You)'s

>Same exact price for ps3
>still ~$60

Nah

>but most of those aren't very good arguments from a competitive standpoint.

They're still:
>Why is SFV so hated?

This pachi is neither thicc enough, nor flat enough. This just leaves everyone unsatisfied.

They're only out of 1000 yen cards

this is the best post i've ever seen on /fgg/

filipino people are so fucking annoying on the internet but in real life they are fine

Fighting games are shit.

Wanna play Jive? US east here

Fucking great.

Well digital is your only option on ps3

I saw this fat fuck at evo and I did what any proud GG player would do and BTFO him

>tfw finally feel confortable using ASD and spacebar

My hitbox can't get here soon enough. So excite.

Bigger, you need to zoom in more.

Play Weiss

Ay unironically fuck Marn. Dude's a real piece of shit.

>I saw this fat fuck
Daigo?

Yeah. You making the lobby or me?

Fat Daigo

Is Ram the Rachel of goober?

Do you have a minute to talk about the savior of humanity Lord Gill?

I'm playing Blake.

but this is at BAM

bigger arms, smaller head and its perfect

Calm down Kolin.

No. There's not really a Goober like Rachel.
Okay.

I'll set it up, found you on CFN, I'll send an invite
CFN is Boomhauer, password is 0719 if anyone else wants to join1

I'd pick up sfv again if they put him in

How do I stop getting salty when I lose a game?

tfw haven't played any games in a week because of all the streamboaring and news

Play Unist

stop focusing so much own winning. focus on learning and having fun.

In terms of being a gutted bitch yeah.

Stop making winning non-tournament matches a goal. Think of it as a learning experience. Try to come out of sets with knowledge, because you learn nothing by shitting on bads all day.

Ram is a tekken character who looks like a blazbloo character with stupid guilty gear weapons and set play

I wish I could fucking lose games. I can't get a match at all because GG is dead on steam.

There's this guy who plays both BB and GG and he plays Rachel and Ram so there must be some kind of overlapping appeal.

>other player beats you once and immediately leaves

Why do people do this? Is it to make me mad? Is it because they know they were almost fully downloaded and don't want to lose?

hitbox has a worse layout than a keyboard tho

the ladder and to take the points and runn

I do this when the other guy is lagging.

The Arm is pretty fucking cool, senpai

if you play zangief, alex, ken, or laura

latter^

>Sony wants $54.99 for jive on psn
LMAOOOOOO

I'm using the exact same layout on keyboard as what the hitbox has so I think I'll be ok.

How is it worse?

>that fake reaction when they showed jedah

If you're a plat and the other guy a diamond, I can understand them running.

I played 5 hours today.

Alright son, that's a pretty nice Alex you got there

Time to make it a great Alex

Now that I think about it he also plays Vatista so maybe he just likes unexpressive characters.

/r/kappa and all the other shitposters trying to topple Capcom are fucking retarded.

If you think Capcom's death would save Guilty Gear you are an idiot. Tekken and anime games will never be as popular as Street Fighter are, because none of them are remotely as accessible. Street Fighter is the only game where a new player can hop in, spend two hours practicing DP commands with Ryu, and then jump online and develop a feel for the game. No matter how many tutorials you add in games like Guilty Gear or Tekken, new players are going to face a much steeper technical barrier to be able to play at a minimal level.

ArcSys games aren't dead online because worse games attract more attention, they're dead because they do everything possible from a design standpoint to scare away new players. ArcSys loads its characters with gimmicks and assets to play around with, which encourages player creativity and looks cool on paper, but also produces disgusting setplay and okizeme. A lot of totally reasonable people don't want to hop into a game with Arakune, and nothing turns a new player away like being locked down and made to block stuff for thirty seconds because they suck at the five second burst of neutral. And if you want a Tekken game to blow up, you're going to have to create something like Tekken with a manageable move list.

There is a reason most Guilty Gear "fans" don't actually play their game, and most Street Fighter fans actually do, and it's not just relative popularity. Street Fighter does a good job as a gateway fighting game, and the FGC would be much smaller without it.

twitter.com/dora_bang/status/887844614736011266
FUCK YOU MORI

Play blazblue cross goobers!

Has anyone played UNIST online yet? is the netcode any better?

Just wait for a sale. Happens often.

>Guile

Es is best, cant wait though its not final

the hands are obnoxiously close together and the right hand is facing straight forwards

on keyboard I can use the numpad and spread out on my lap

DELET THIS
FUCK CRAPCOM AND FUCK ABIGAIL

or he has a fetish for cute waifus that float around

So he's just neutral evil. I love him.

Yeah but I have the urge to play it now.

>Bullet that high
lmao never ever

>tfw know every single time a throw is coming
>tfw can never fucking tech it though

kill me