/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 20th of July:
AD 70 – Siege of Jerusalem: Titus, son of emperor Vespasian, storms the Fortress of Antonia north of the Temple Mount. The Roman army is drawn into street fights with the Zealots.
792 – Kardam of Bulgaria defeats Byzantine Emperor Constantine VI at the Battle of Marcellae.
911 – Rollo lays siege to Chartres.
1189 – Richard I of England officially invested as Duke of Normandy.
1402 – Ottoman-Timurid Wars: Battle of Ankara: Timur, ruler of Timurid Empire, defeats forces of the Ottoman Empire.
1592 – During the first Japanese invasion of Korea, Japanese forces captured Pyongyang.
1871 – British Columbia joins the confederation of Canada.
1932 – In the Preußenschlag, German President Paul von Hindenburg dissolves the government of Prussia
1949 – Israel and Syria sign a truce to end their nineteen-month war.

# News
CK2 DD 17/07
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1035735
EU4 DD 27/06
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1032543/

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJMP0FEz51U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reposting because new thread.

Decided Austria was a lost cause and changed course to attempt to unite Yugoslavia. Apparently I need a province just above Serbia for that though. most likely gonna go beyond 1936 just because I want to see Germany dismantled. fight me.

Also who said music needs to be immersive
youtube.com/watch?v=KJMP0FEz51U

this whole map

How are You going to dismantle that GroBgermania?

>it's another "half your army defects immediately before a massive revolution" episode

No idea honestly. Maybe they'll stumble into war with the rest of Europe again. I certainly can't take them in an offensive war by myself simply because they have a ridiculous numbers advantage.
I might just bug out after a while and do a Belgium run. Never done that before honestly.

>LF
Why do people keep doing this?

What's your point? That's in every OP.

You're going to let them win right

Please don't tell me you plan to slaughter that many of your people

>>LF
what does LF mean

But user those are dirty freedom-hating Fascists

If this image does NOT give you an eredtion you're homosexual and/or non white.

Imagine being this reddit.

*blocks your merchant*

>implying t*rks are white

I imagine it's Laissez Faire

I love when R&I's mommy tells him he needs to ho to bed because I get to create ebin history threads without him spamming his duplicates.

Are you saying reddit doesn't like LF? I guess they're better at the game than /gsg/.

No, I'm saying only redditors wouldn't instantly be able to decipher what he meant by "LF".

Yes, all of the newer trees are better than the older trees.

If is the case then my answer is simply because it works. My industry is fantastic and ludicrously profitable. My rich strata was 2.1% of the population but paying 41% of all taxes in a flat tax system whilst every craftsman in the nation had a job.
I really don't see a reason to complain about this.

>playing mughals
>finally get to the point where I'm jihading the heck out of the bongs
>don't have a restore order cb
>have to manually add each state one at a time
>it's going to take many multiple wars
>i don't even know how to add wargoals on the little satellite states GB has in India

Planned economy is best because you can force your ethnic majority craftsmen to colonise other states.
You can also do the opposite so they all leave and assimilate.

Yet you're not producing anything of worth and probably have multiple clipper convoy factories. I mean glass isn't exactly cool.
LF is neat if you don't feel like worrying about your industry but if you want ind. score and export proper shit you need to build your own factories.

This is a neat event

>event turns you gay
>"Haha, this is so epic and BASED!!"
we ll never get /gsg/ back how it was before the redditors

Really neat

>not producing anything of worth
not him, but if it sells then it's something of worth

I think there were supposed to be guys in the orgy, but I had enough female courtiers/wives that they weren't there. I thought the 7 lovers was neat.

Well I'm making huge profits from it and quite frankly I just can't be fucked to manage more than say 5 states worth of factories. I mean the profitable ones stay and the trash ones don't, meaning I make bank and all my workers are guaranteed jobs. I mean sure I'm not producing any tanks which is definitely annoying, but I am rich and prosperous regardless.

Release puppet CB

How im doing?

Is this going to be the extent of the warlord era or is it just because england lost hong kong to a good assfucking

>How im doing?
How am I doing?

Daily Ultimate Autism

Unironically needs to be bigger, can barely read the accepted cultures list

>have to waste infamy to take what is unironically rightfully mine

Second option.
You should ally them, the Qing won't attack them if you do so.

Just occupy them till rebels pop up and break them free. Once you get the Mughal decision that gives cores on like 90% of India, restore order on them.

Well then...
Within 2 years over ten million (half of my male native population) rose up to fight for less rights...
This is a revolution backed by popular support if I've ever seen it.

The Russians can waste their troops if they want, but islamic gommunism is pretty much inevitable.

okay I will do that thank you.

Now what do we do about this Rasputin fellow

Not Him but it probably can't its already 3.9MB and the max is 4

>Kurdistan
>Not Assyria
kys right now

*click*

yes that's the end-all be-all of human civilization, """rights""".

I might come back to this but the revolutions were unbearable. This would be a great transition into a new era, what with the game ending a month after millions fought and died to bring a fascist dictatorship to Italy.

>"HI IM THE JANNY JUST PUT YOU PENIS IN MY MOUTH AND CUM BECAUSE I LOVE YUMMY CUMMIES IN MY TUUMMY LOL xD IM GAY IM GAY I WANT AIDS"
What did he mean by this?

Can you post pops before and after the revolution?

Ill shrink the maps

>babbys first proxy

I had monthly autosaves on during an intense war and forgot to turn it off, so unfortunately I can only go back a few months.
The only difference before and after was that about 130 000 Italians died somewhere.

>((((rights))))
topity cuck kek
youll die first on the inevitable race war

How come Korea is so fucking slow to westernize? As Vietnam for example it's a freaking cake walk outside of France but you get literacy very quickly. It's the money needed for admin and clergy isn't it, as Viet you get fresh dosh due to the tropical wood.

ty

Why slaves suck: the country

brittish communists have awoken but these fascists might take those filthy commies out

more like 640k (so about 2.56 million people?)

I'm at fucking 6 percent literacy in 1860, this'll take another 50 years. No thanks HPM.

I'm certain more than that died. I've killed 7 million rebels over the course of it.

im bad at this
(also is it possible to save screenshots in not .bmp automatically because its fucking dumb to edit them every time)

If you want an unciv with a huge amount of coal, just go with Persia.

Not every casualty is a death, but yeah it was probably somewhere around 2 million males or something

I already played Persia a few times. I've just never done Korea properly because every time I try it's fucking frustrating.

>Armenia
I know it is not possible they achieved it by themselves, but I can't stop wondering, how? The same goes for Germs.

also this is fucking disgusting

How westernized are you right now? How many RPs are you getting, what's your intellectual percentage?

The story of Armenia is such:
>Crisis happens
>I back Armenia
>Armenia is freed
>I sphere Armenia
>Armenia is protected
>Armenia conquers all its neighbours while nobody can punch back without bringing me in
Such is the story of Armenia

Germany just took the rest of Silesia and then carried on from there.

>.gif

vicky strategy
>put large force near a smaller force in the mountains
>enemy will attack force in mountains
>send in larger force after them if necessary

What are some real life examples this strategy was employed if any

I always have trouble thinking about what's really going on and how things actually look in vic2 because I don't know anything about military history or military in general. Like why does defending mountains work better, what does the battle really LOOK like?

Vicky II is not EUIV, at most AI add wargoals to one or two provinces, and these are just too much and too random.

Easier to ambush, greater vision of coming enemy forces, better range?

You know all those little countries around that area that start the game independent? Well they regained independence, as well as Iraq. Armenia was sandwiched between Persia and Turkey with nowhere else to expand but into those small countries, then Iraq, then Nejd.
Interesting thing is they never even brought me into a war.

>That resolution
Damn

I've only ever play stellaris, recommend another paradox game for me

stellaris

>recommend """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""another"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" paradox game for me

They only blobbed in uncivs.
Most of the land they have is definitely from a stablish protectorate CB against the Saudi/Ha'il, which only costs 5 infamy and would be against a neighbouring unciv with no military and possibly no foreign influence.

Leave Ethiopia to me.

stellaris

Use your brain man, it's not military related but simple logic.

If you defend on a mountain the enemy has to come to you, in other words he has to walk up the mountain. Think about that, it can be pretty fucking exhausting to climb up a mountain right? Now consider the shit you have to take with you, gear and food and munition and the lack of infrastructure. Sounds pretty gay to me, especially when there are dudes dug in above you that have a perfect shot of killing you while you work your ass off.
Also, the enemy can see you before you can see them. Logistics suffer from a lack of infrastructure, you need ammo to kill losers.

Reserve behind the frontline can also aid the position that is under attack very quickly and in an easy fashion. Look up Defence in Depth or Operation Citadel. German Armored Spearheads broke through the Soviet frontlines but never really made any gains because behind the frontline you had another defensive line waiting. It's basically wearing the attacker down until the defender can counter attack. Imagine drilling into a wall and as soon as you break through the wall you hit another one, perhaps a thicker one, until your shit is all broken.

suicide

Any good mods that let you play at the height of the Roman Empire/Republic in CK2

that is NOT how you use the multiple quotation marks you fucking brainlet

>German Armored Spearheads broke through the Soviet frontlines but never really made any gains because behind the frontline you had another defensive line waiting.
>its another lefty/pol/ reject tries to claim the asiatic hordes were actually military genius
Yeah, the fact Germany conquered 75% of the population of the USSR and had a 4/1 K:D ratio don't count as making any gains, do they, tovarisch?

WTWSMS is the closest one to that

Oh i forgot this general was full of armchair mastermind armchair super geniuses

Carry on conquering an imaginary world from your basements

yeah its a big ass monitor I have to start resizing its a bummer
BUT
communists down and british fascists have taken over the communists and im about to catch up in industry

Alright my man, I guess Koreans aren't the only illiterate monkeys.
>Look up Defence in Depth or Operation Citadel.
>Operation Citadel
Next time read the post properly.

Interesting but are there no full on CK2 Roman mods? The community is pretty big I'm surprised on how many abandoned mods for Rome there are. I might need to start developing my own

Listen, pal, there's no need to be rude to anyone here, we're an extremely friendly community that takes pride in it's hospitality.

Now quite frankly, after the way you've acted, I really don't feel like helping you. But in the spirit of the common friendship this general stands for I will, I recommend you play stellaris ____________

GOD DAMN I CANT GET THE RIGHT SCREEN SHOTS FUCK ME

>after 3 years of being killed like the subhuman vermin they sre they finally make a come back
>this coincides perfectly with the south italian theatre opening and d-day
Woah, it's fucking nothing.

to be honest most of those chinese deaths were due to nips not committing war crimes

1683 is in the eu4 era

I don't get it, in fact I don't even know what your agenda is. I simply explained what happened during Operation Citadel because it's an example of what was discussed although only in part, which I also said.
The fuck are you on about? Go be a nigger some place else.

>Liberty Desire in Subjects: -20%
That's kinda shit right for custom nation ideas?
It's just additive with the rest of the modifiers right?

All of the HRE is Protestant or Reformed except Austria, but the HRE is "Catholic". Pretty silly to be honest

I'm saying the "strategic brilliance" of the USSR during WW2 is a complete fallacy. They ALWAYS used human wave and it only started working when Germany had to pull troops away to save Mussolini in Italy and then Vichy in Normandy.

You talk about "deep battle" like it was anything but a zerg rush, mass infantry waves attacking with the goal of pushing as deep as possible, woah, real revolutionary, comrade.

I have no fucking agenda here, military history is entirely seperste to politics, but to lose 4 times as many people as your enemy and claim you're a tactical genius is just utter retardation no matter how you look at it.

kys heretic

Not him but I'd like to point out that Kursk happened before any of those allied operations, even Sicily happened after the battle had started.