Underglow

Hey my dudes, what are your opinons on underglow? Im looking at some wheel lights and a couple of strips. Id only use it at car meets, and I want to keep it subtle. You're opinions are appreciated!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ualh__3rh10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most people here will probably hate it, but I honestly like underglow. If you don't rice out the rest of the car, it actually looks pretty nice.

It's fuckin sick, brah! What color you gonna cop and what's your ride anyway?

>sick
>brah
>cop

OP, don't forget, this attitude is what you'll be attributed to.

2010 crown vic
I wanna run blue as the car is navy blue, but not to much light. Pic related, it was taken yesterday

I don't care what anyone says, underglow is cool as fuck

Forgot pic haha

I think underglow would look really awkward on a vic t b h

Kinda like wearing sneakers with a suit

What course are you taking at Mohawk dude?

It makes me nostalgic for the early and mid 00s.

embrace the rice

>underglow
>Crown vic

I really can't see it working, and i really can't see it suiting that navy colour either, you won't be able to get a deep colour out of it, just some kind of neon which is going to make the car look ridiculous. If you had a bright car and subtle lighting maybe? Or maybe play on the cop car theme and get red/blue underglow?

I can't believe this shit is coming back.

>not rocking fly enough sneaks to wear with an equally fly suit

Ontario fags? Hamilton fags?!

>he doesn’t rock wolf grey fives with his wolf grey suits

NFS: Underground IRL

Not my style but it might actually work for some people. Bad comparison I guess

Hamilton checking in on ya

dude, you should get underglow, but put it on the roof. Get like red and blue. and have them flash back and forth.

I park on the same street as him for school, I get a chuckle out of the "I sold weed to your honor student" bumper sticker

Lit I don’t go to Mohawk but I’m from the 905 too, West Hamilton area
Lmfao

Holy mother fuck! Damn dudes, yah man I'm taking educational support add me on instagram jimbo_jones

Sorry posting from my phone

Blue and red underglow lights are illegal atleast here in Texas, I personally like underglow if it's not super bright but you'll have to find a different color

Yeah, I might get the multi-color ones and play around with it

You're all just egging him on ironically, right?

You got it, give a shout if y'all see me cruising around

Eh I'm just lookin for honest opinions

Another pic from today

I personally love it. I used to have some on my old truck
>purple underglow that flashed to music
>blue lights in the grill
>red lights in the footwells

Here's some history of it:
>Sudbury Police traffic unit
>Onlyundercover cruiser on the force at the time

Here it is in action
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ualh__3rh10

Sweet sweet

pls no

it's the stuff of college kids in lifted jeeps their parents bought

I don't think it looks that bad imo. looks pretty good with the cowcatcher. Silver paint would look better to contrast the blue though

They're illegal pretty much everywhere. Here in WA there's a stipulation that you can legally have them on your car but you can't drive with them lit.

It's an either/or type of thing.

Underglow looks good on a clean car by itself.
Wheel lights look good on a clean car by themselves.
Both together looks like trash.

But I haven't heard of a state yet where it's legal to drive around with underglow/etc.

Buddy of mine had a Pontiac G5 we made an underglow kit for. We used Cat5e/Cat6 to pull off a spare fuse for 12 volt power, and ran RGB LED strips through clear tubes sealed on either end hid the controller and ran the wires and remote up into the dash. Boom, we had every color of underglow for like $30 and it looked pretty sweet. Sucks that the trans blew on that car.

You can do it here in Missouri so long as it isn't either blue or red. I think red is technically legal but cops will give you shit for it. Usually for driving we used Amber or green or purple. Something that definitely wasn't red or blue. When we parked we'd set it to fade though and it looked pretty amazing with the blackout tint and black wheels.

Delicious wheel lights by themselves

Pic related is it. Don't have any with the rims done and the lights on at the same time unfortunately.

Toppest of keys my kind fellow

For sure

Putting lights under your car makes it look like a deli counter.

While this looks fine, I fucking despise wheel lights when I can see the LEDs. That goes for any sort of glow. If I can see the source of the glow/light it automatically goes from nice to shit

I did that on mine. Nice tasteful glow under in the footwells.

Looks fucking rad. Honestly I always felt as underglow got discarded because it has been associated with ricers, but it honestly looks great.
Saw a car with blue underglow this summer, and it looked really neat.

2001 incarnate

mine

cruisin the coast 2015

You might want to be careful with front facing lights, especially on a retired interceptor

The only way that car is gonna look good with underglow is if you lower it first.

Hella douchey

we might as well bring back massive sub systems too

I like the tron look. EL wire would be cool but at least going with reflective material doesn't break the law.

>doesn't break the law
what shithole do you live in where that is against the law?

Not this shit again
It was a fad in the nineties with undercar neon, this is just the same shit in a different toilet

>mfw this thread

California, but technically the united states. Having front facing lights that aren't white or amber is against the law in most places here and I assume EL wire which produces light instead of just reflecting it is covered under the same statute.

Enforcement varies of course.

>Having front facing lights that aren't white
The brodozers in Florida would like to have a word with you

Are they actually legal in Florida (or federally in the US) or are the laws just not enforced?

Here in California if you're here illegally or wealthy (or appear to be wealthy by driving a nice car) you will never be pulled over by the cops for speeding or anything like that besides being a complete idiot and putting others in direct danger. Cops only pull over people they know will pay into the extortion racket and not fight it.

you can probably fix that with some sort of diffuser, milk jug plastic should work fine honestly.

Florida law:
(1) No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.
(2) It is expressly prohibited for any vehicle or equipment, except police vehicles, to show or display blue lights. However, vehicles owned, operated, or leased by the Department of Corrections or any county correctional agency may show or display blue lights when responding to emergencies [...]

These trucks are everywhere, though the lights probably aren't "blue" enough for officers because the officers themselves are the brodozer types. When one of these fuckers are in the oncoming lane, there is no question that these lights are blue (and never aimed correctly)

"underglow" and "subtle" are not words you see in the same sentence

underglow is completely legal tho