drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

>DS2 is dead

Next Souls game when

>Three (3) free sunlight medals
God I wish that were me

Dark Souls 3: Professor of the Primary Flaw, Q4 2017

I miss lost sinner sword

I miss powerstancing them.

What do I level up?

Did you get one Sunbro Medal per Sunbro as a host in DaS2? That sounds kind of broken.

Are you going a pure Str build, or angling towards quality?

You're already over the Endurance soft-cap, which is retardedly low, but getting it up to 30 or 40 for a melee build is not a bad idea in the long run. Otherwise, get Str to 50 and power-stance Orma-Reeve's.

More Vigor or Strength.

>abyss watchers
>first phase you either get double teamed, the boss locks onto the red eye asshole and you get fucked with by the other asshole, or the 2 assholes fight each other and you can actually deal with the boss
rev up that artificial difficulty!

Dragon's/Divine/Damned/Dog Souls soon.

Strength, but I was 18 for the Dragonrider Bow. It's only a few levels above my starting class, so why not. Thanks.
Thanks.

Or you can learn to focus on two different targets and stagger-lock them because lolnopoise.

A regular Watcher is always the first to spawn and always in the same place, just whack him down as he's getting up and it becomes a 1v1 fight again until the red-eyed one wakes up.

What are the best weapons to use buffs with?

>it's another "UGS swings 10 degrees away from the enemy and you get killed because fuck you for playing shitty games" episode
I'm not even holding the fucking stick forward STOP FUCKING DOING THIS

For elemental buffs: Either weapons that already have innate damage in the element in question, or small weapons with low damage but high swing rate.

For Blessed Weapon: Any weapon with 500 or more physical AR, or just generally any weapon.

What weapon are you using? STR soft caps at 40, only worth going to 50 if it has S scaling.

END is pretty important too and you can optimize it. You want to be able to chain as many swings as possible and be left with a sliver of stamina to roll away.

Ricard's

I'm maining the Craftsman's Hammer.
I have about that much stamina right now, though I do occasionally find myself wanting one more hit. It hasn't been often enough for it to be much of a problem for me overall, though.

Glad it's still alive. The other night I kept getting quick summons on my 4.7mil sm dex fag for the gank squad boss. I still get tons of duels and invasions too. I really enjoy invading right before Venric.

They aren't planning to make the same mistakes for reds in BB2 right?

>implying there's going to be a BB2

>BB2
>>>/bbg/

>Beats Bed of Chaos after 4 attempts feeling good
>Wonders where Solarie after noticed is voice lines where less jolly than his usually self
>Walk into the shortcut area with some bugs and notice he's gone hollow
>Putting another one of my companions down

After what happened to tarkus, and lautrec betraying me and killing the firekeeper I'm sorta just fucked up right now

I'd love to have a BB2 on PC since I don't have the cash for a PS4 but love gothic & cosmic horror, but the invasion and summon system in BB seem like absolute garbage. If there is a multi-plat BB2, I hope that aspect is reworked.

They aren't, because they aren't planning on making a BB2.

Well my post was aimed more at ultra weapons, low endurance is punished to fuck with those. Craftsman's Hammer is one of the best PvE weapons in the game so you can just pump stats wherever you want. For PvP you might want to switch it for something with more range though.

Kys shitter

Why didn't you save him user? Why?

>tfw Raptor Flurry

the only good thing about claws

This is my first play through of DS1 and I just learned about the shortcut with Quelagg's sister, but it was already too late because I killed her

>Souls plot is done
>No BB2
>Almost unthinkable that From would outright drop the gameplay format that truly put them on the map and continues to prove popular for many

So, what's next? Sci-Fi doesn't seem like it'd fit the From "dark" writing style. Dead Space Souls?

You killed Queelan? Why? Just bein a dick?

>but the invasion and summon system in BB seem like absolute garbage

passive matchmaking with no signs seems a better system to me. the problem is spawning you at the beginning of an area with no fucking clue where the host is

Just seems dumb that they can disable invaders entirely by killing one particular enemy hidden in a zone. Why not tie it to bosses like in Souls?

In my less than better judgement I killed her cause I didn't have the witch's ring and she has a firekeeper soul so why not. I was proven so terribly wrong.

>Craftsman's Hammer is one of the best PvE weapons in the game
Well that's nice to hear. I was just using it because the idea of using something that's not technically a weapon is kind a funny to me. Neat.

I didn't do much PvP in BB but it felt like they wanted it to be more faction based similar to DaS3. Covenants have matchmaking priority so willing people fight that way, the concept of invading random players is pretty much dead.

Strike damage weapons m8, most enemies are weak to them.

I was wondering why there were so many messages saying things like "despair ahead" or "remember ally". I thought they were just bad at the game or kids jumping on something popular. Didn't realize I was playing on easy mode.

So many things are broken with BB's PvP as it is, to the point where anything would be an improvement.

>no way to summon specific people, meaning that even with password matchmaking there's a chance that some asshole could crash your session
>the only way to invade outside of two particular zones is if the host already has a buttbuddy (meaning that every invader will have to deal with a gank squad no matter what), and you can turn off invasions by killing a mob enemy
>when summoning randoms, there's a chance that the guy that comes in will be hostile to you just because of the specific covenant rune you or they have on (and on a similar note, if you do want to put on a covenant rune you can't equip one of the two transformation runes)
>duels and FCs are convoluted to set up since a host will always have the extra HP advantage no matter what, and all the participants have to organize which covenant patch they want to strap on just to be able to oppose one another

About the one good thing about BB's PvP is that chalice dungeons give you a form of replayable co-op.

In regards to the mob than allows invasions, she only shows up in two areas outside of chalice dungeons. So outside of those areas, invasions are impossible anyway.

Nothing wrong with using a decent weapon, facerolling retards will still die to most bosses. Casting is or at least used to be easy mode.

left or right

That's my point. If you want to invade in, say, Forbidden Woods and be an asshole with those giant snek balls, or Fishing Hamlet with a Brador cosplay, you're shit out of luck unless some guy within your BL range summoned a buttbuddy to help him through. Your only options are to invade at Mergo's or Nightmare Frontier.

Overall the PvP in Bloodborne severely restricts the players' freedom, much more than in Dark Souls. I don't agree with that methodology since limitation of freedom also limits creativity and longevity.

Oh shit, I got halfway through your post. Didn't realize you touched on that already.
There's a bunch of bell towers in the game, I wonder why they didn't have one of those allow invaders instead just making it so an old woman with a tiny bell does it.

>I got halfway through your post.
I got DISTRACTED halfway through the post. Whoops.

It's always been like that though. DeS had pretty much optional PvP, DaS1 you could only invade humans who had no reason to be so unless co-oping and DaS3 is like they tried to make invasions as bad as possible.

2 is the only game that tried to encourage it with hollow invasions, killed boss areas etc. and even then they fucked it up with SM.

Does carthus sword WA have hyperarmor?

they should make dark souls 4 or something I can't stand this any longer

right

Why haven't they made a boss rush mode yet?

Neither. Go make a dude you fucking weirdo.

>wanting another Souls game after the total shit show that was 3
Miyazaki has clearly shown that he can't do this anymore, nor does he even want to.

They have. It is called chalices

muh world design
muh atmosphere
muh lore

fuck it, i want a mode where players can control bosses

You still used Humanity in DaS1 to kindle bonfires. And DaS3 does encourage a form of PvP in that activating an Ember gives you bonus HP for having an easier time getting through the PvE segments, along with the duelfaggotry arenas (despite the games outside of DaS2 being explicitly designed against duelfaggotry).

Perhaps the PvP and dueling aspects were things that Miyazaki deliberately didn't want to encourage in BB. Maybe they recognized what they did wrong and DaS3 got so many expanded PvP options as a result of that. But whatever their next Souls game, I do hope that they continue to learn and improve, and more than just incrementally (covenants in DaS3, for instance, are about the most fucked they've ever been in a Souls game)

Those don't have all the bosses, and there are levels between them, so it's not much of a rush.

>boss rush
>have to run through ten hundred big empty boxes and then back to get to one boss
Lmao no

>there will never be an option where you can pay a fee in souls to revive the boss of an area, re-activating PvP
At the least, it would make FC hosting much more flexible, to say nothing of creating PvP activity for territory defenders and Dorkmoons.

seeing as you're still playing at least one of these shitty games I think you would appreciate a new one too.

As long as Miyazaki dies beforehand.

>DaS3 does encourage a form of PvP in that activating an Ember gives you bonus HP for having an easier time getting through the PvE segments

Might have been their intention but it didn't work. I was embered for near enough the whole game and never got invaded by a red. Admittedly it's a hard thing to balance, random solo hosts don't stand a chance against a PvPer which kinda goes against From's "hard but fair" philosophy.

>open arms
>very loud sound
>start charging
>almost ready
>any second now
>meanwhile the other player is already miles away

left
is that the ginger?

yes

>go back to my cool cowboy build in DS3 after having not touched him since last year
>the Sharp nerf has made him completely fucking useless
F U C K
Y O U
M I Y A Z A K I

>Sharp Nerf

man the fuck you been drinking

>Sharp nerf
Son, Sharp infusions are the best they've ever been.

>if you use a twinkling weapon you can upgrade it to +5 before Pontiff
Did I make a mistake? Will I get any summons until NG+?

You'll be able to interact with players with +8 weapons, so you'll be out of luck until probably Lothric Castle.

random summons you probably won't until castle, you can always summon passworded phantoms from here until then

I mean if *I* want to get summoned.

Leddit and Steam forums have lots of people looking for summons. Usually NG+ and above but not a problem if you're not a shitter

>t. 40 dex

Same, you probably won't get activity until Lothric Castle or Grand Archives. You can also dive into the DLCs and get some activity there too depending on your SL.

>Upgrading weapons beyond +4 normal, +2 unique

>Leveling beyond 25-30

>Before having cleared as much of the game as possible

It's like you don't enjoy collecting all the covenant items you need before you even need them

>summoning or being summoned fails 9 times out of 10
Never used to do this to me when Ashes came out
I guess I'll just uninstall again

I have an issue which is I have to collect all the items on my subsequent Souls playthroughs. All but farming the covenant items that is. Fuck that noise. Especially in D3, because how broken the summoning is and how low the droprates are in pve.

Also the one time it did work
>invade in archives
>host is going solo
>two dorkmoons show up immediately
>host uses giants seed

That's precisely why I stick to low levels. Less competition, higher chance of success if you know the basic tactics for invading and how to use your weapon

A password summon can have all the spells he wants but you're still killing him in 3-5 good hits with a raw +4, and there's no reason why your estus is gonna be worse than his if you play through the game

It's literally the perfect way to play, just stick to the 25-30 level range until you have all but the Aldrich Faithful completed, then shoot to that level and breeze through with your obscuring ring

Remember, lower level players use Way of Blue more because they have less reason to use the other covenants. Hell, twink low enough and it's the only covenant they'd have available. You'd be fighting twinks with your own twink build. Just remember that Mace/Warpick trumps Broadsword trumps Dagger trumps Vordt's trumps Warpick/mace

>So many things are broken with BB's PvP as it is, to the point where anything would be an improvement.
They just didn't give a fuck about pvp, but if they removed it completely, it would drop the sales.

I'm always using the way of blue on all of my characters, even the really high level ones, when I'm not putting down my own sign. I went through the trouble of farming the ears on my original character, so I know the pain the blueberries are going through to get those ears, so I'm always willing to give them an opportunity to get summoned.

Right

I'm finally at the point where I don't care grab all shinies unless I know I need them or are right there. Having a char with literally everything helps

I'd say left, but I'm predisposed towards the Judgement set so that's a bias.

>covenant items you need

only useful to pure casters and pvp hybrids for the buff miracles. watchdogs have the only relevant rewards for melee builds and they're shit

das2 had better and more varied rewards imo, if only covenants actually worked in that game

>playing Linear-PVE-Input-Reading-Enemies-No-Fashion-No-Build-Variety-Broken-PVP-Limp-Bizkit's-Rollin'-Brown-and-Grey-Souls 3

Huh? Covenants worked the best in DS2.

Oh no, your subjective preference is biased? Is NOTHING safe from logical fallacies?

Where does Great Club fall in the rock-paper-scissors of the low level fights

>Mace/Warpick trumps Broadsword trumps Dagger trumps Vordt's trumps Warpick/mace
It this ranked by hyper armor or something?

Great Club is an all around great weapon but doesn't have a particular quality to make it better at low levels. Perseverance is amazing at low levels and frost is STRONK af too, especially since it procs in 3 hits max with bordhammer, usually 2

>tfw no rotted ghru greatsword

Same basic principle as Vordt's, except you'd be better off using Vordt's for trading due to the poise WA and high likelyhood of a 2-hit frost proc nuke, and using the Great Club for ambushes due to the obvious strengths of its R2, which you're not going to hit on a player who knows what you're doing

To put it simply, for standard low level twink builds Vordt's is the superior choice simply due to the sheer likelyhood of it either 2-shotting an enemy or coming close enough that a few throwing daggers ends the fight, whereas while the Greatclub is of course a strong weapon it lacks both the poise WA in favour of the far less useful non-millwood warcry WA as well as the massive frost buildup

Did they buff frost since launch? I remember it hardly being something to care about back then. Especially considering it's a new status effect and all, but it felt super overpowered.

>no clean versions of ghru weapons that demon ruins ghrus use
>the block with ugs/gh/ga isn't the one raime uses
>no blue/golden variations of armor
>NO SILVER KNIGHT WEAPONS
>dsga WA isn't the stance
>no sunlight blade
>no face

Warpick consistently beats swords due to its increased counter damage, easy rollcatching and hyperarmour, which counters the quick spamhappy moveset of the SS. Sword beats dagger because it swings fast enough to hit quickstep spammers and doesn't leave you open to backstab due to its speed (Do not under any circumstances swing more than twice if the enemy has a parrying tool). Dagger beats Greathammer due to its quickstep being able to nullify the weaponswings, as well as how easy it is to backstab greathammer users. Greathammer beats Warpick/Mace simply because they don't really have the speed to hit and run against greathammers, and their poise will be broken by your attacks

Of course, there's also the Red Hilted Halberd, which tends to beat the faster SS due to its counter damage, and the Warpick/Mace due to its faster speed and range advantage, but loses to the dagger due to quickstep bullshittery and the greathammer due to less range

While frost itself hasn't been buffed per-say, having a weaker damage hit than bleed but decreasing stamina recovery, frost weapons got buffed massively, taking far less hits to proc it than ever