/ink/ - Splatoon General

The Direct
youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

Previous thread: SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT IN 1 DAY

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Japanese Rock vs Pop Splatfest has officially ended, Rock beat Pop with a 2-1 victory!
- US/EU cake vs ice cream Splatfest has officially ended, ice cream beat cake with a 2-1 victory!
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPfxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_pfRhEf839g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is it friday yet

Friends with Octolings!

such a coincidence that i assist to both /owg/ and /ink/

So, /ink/, now that we're acquainted with the both the Squid Sisters and Off the Hook...
>Who was your favorite Squid Sister at the start of Splatoon?
>Who was your favorite Squid Sister by the end of Splatoon?
>Which Off the Hook member did you like the most during the Direct?
>Which member do you like now, after Splatfest?
And finally
>Squid Sisters or Off the Hook?

Give me the game

Marie
Marie
Marina
Pearl
Squid Sisters, but I haven't had much time to let Off the Hook grow on me.

Callie
Callie
Pearl
Pearl
Sisters

So here's an easy question - with the Switch being region free we can just pick it up from the Japanese eShop when it releases since it'll have the English, correct?

Asking for a friend

>>Who was your favorite Squid Sister at the start of Splatoon?
Callie.
>>Who was your favorite Squid Sister by the end of Splatoon?
Callie.
>>Which Off the Hook member did you like the most during the Direct?
Marina.
>>Which member do you like now, after Splatfest?
Pearl.
>>Squid Sisters or Off the Hook?
Off the Hook by a long shot.

Soon

Marie
Marie
Marina
Marina
Marina is most fuckable, I still prefer squid sisters because of nostalgia, but we'll see if off the hook can overcome that. They do a better job of having an 'Urban" style to them, whereas Callie and Marie felt more like generic idols.

Is the dream dead?

>Callie
>Callie
>Marina
>Marina
>Squid Sisters

it's region locked when splatfests happen, so if you buy the Jap version, then you won't get to play in the EU or NA splatfests

Callie
Marie
Marina
Marina
off the hook

So I'd be playing the Jap Splatfests on Jap servers? That's fine, considering I'm currently living in China until the end of the year.

I'm asking mainly because I don't want to wait until Saturday after work to get the game off the NA eShop when I could have it as soon as the Japanese eShop updates.

Any weapons that got nerfed to shit? Are Aerosprays still good without seekers?

wow it's like your taste got worse over time

>Marie
>Marie
>Marina
>Marina
>Sisters

I'm less team Marina and more team Octoling. I friccing love the Octolings so having a canon "good guy" one with a unique design and name means I have to be on her side.

Just gonna (you) myself here, I didn't want it on the post

Marie from start to finish
Marina, but that was only because she was the least terrible
Pearl, I lost a Splatfest with her. As a Mariefag I'm duty bound to follow my salt queen into the depths of hell
Squid Sisters, I like Pearl but I feel like she lacks the dynamic the Squid Sisters had.

meant to say marie then callie but pretty much my life

How easy is it to get Nintendo games in china nowadays, anyway?

Gonna compile all my reasons why theres probably a "Squid Sisters do something outside single player update" soon after launch.
>Marie's only guarding octavio until Cuttlefish comes back
The devs already said Cuttlefish might come back, Marie adding this detail makes it seem like nintendo justifying not having whatever the Squid Sisters do in game at launch. "Oh, Marie had to guard Octavio, but now Cuttlefish is back so she doesn't anymore"
>Callie is nowhere after the game
The whole story was building to saving Callie and bringing her and Marie back together, so having them off doing their seprate things as soon as the final boss fight ends doesn't make sense. It feels like a temporary lazyness because the Sisters are going to do something in an update soon so having her be in Octo Canyon for the first month or 2 isn't a priority since she's just gonna move anyway to do whatever the update has her do.

Mein absolute nigga.

>23 hours to go

Your life was a mistake.

Will I got matched with the jap in the us/eu version?

More alive than it was yesterday

Spoiler tag that shit

Switches and games seem to be available in the bigger cities, minimum Tier 2 - which I don't live in.

I haven't bought any, though. I picked up my Switch and the couple hard copy games when I was in Tokyo.

It's far easier finding PS4s and Xbones, though.

What will you guys be doing during your final hours on Splatoon 1?

you can get matched with them, but the priority is people in your region first
during splatfests? no. splatfests are locked to whatever region the account is registered to. I think you might have to buy the game multiple times in different regions to play in multiple splatfests

How is china in general, anyway? Other than the uncomfortably anti-liberty government, and parts of the really big cities, it seems nice

Do or did you have something coming in the mail?
Something you like, and something you're dreading?
Along with that, what's the toughest change that you'll think you'll have trouble adapting to?
Woomy or spaghetti? What hairstyle?
From what you've seen and maybe played do you have any favorite subs and specials?
I worry about internet connections and getting paired with shitters, but I hope and assume Nintendo put some thought into it at least.
Do you think you'll play with /ink/ at some point?
Speaking of, will you avoid /ink/ until you complete single player?
Well if you were trying to avoid spoilers, hovering your mouse over this text isn't the best sign.at the end of the game the credits roll.

Who here /already playing/?

Is it so wrong to do ex-boyfriend tier drivebys tomorrow night to see if the people at gamestop was lying to me or not about a midnight release?

Anyone else here the squids say "suck it nerds"

>Who was your favorite Squid Sister at the start of Splatoon?
Marie
>Who was your favorite Squid Sister by the end of Splatoon?
Callie
>Which Off the Hook member did you like the most during the Direct?
Marina
>Which member do you like now, after Splatfest?
Maybe Pearl...
>Squid Sisters or Off the Hook?
Squid Sisters

I live in a tiny city. There's pros and cons to living here. Things like ultra cheap taxis, the bullet train running along the west side of the country and super cheap living expenses are great. Things like the entire country being a dump, minimal sanitary and safety standards and being a foreigner you're constantly being tracked kind of suck.

It's also kind of surreal finding out how little of the outside world (past or present) the people I work with know.

Long story short - It's great to visit for a couple weeks but I've been here nearly 2 years and don't suggest living here. It's not easy.

With all due respect that's the last I'm going to talk about China, I don't want to turn this in to a whole thread about me - I'd rather discuss Splatoon.

Couldn't decide
Even less capable of deciding
Both seemed interesting
Gonna wait and see more of them first
Squid Sisters...for now at least.

How can you say you love Callie and Marie if you don't own their amiibos?

How can you say you love Callie and Marie if you won't eat their ink?

completing single player mode

Marie
Marie
Marie
Marie
Squid Sisters
Squid Sisters news update when?

What new multiplayer modes do you think Nintendo has up their sleeves for future updates?

Seeing Pearl's hat jiggle is satisfying, but also creepy. Why is a crown made out of flesh?

So is it me or is the final boss of 2 easier than 1?

Personally I just want to complete the single player campaign for all the Sunken Scrolls

what are those new eel-shaped collectibles?

I dunno if they have any, honestly. We can hope, but we really don't know. If we're hopes, I'd like a deathmatch mode, even though it'd be kinda silly.

What would it be made out of?

Right now we just have an interview that says "no plans, maybe later"

why would people know?
literally no one has the game besides reviewers and people who grabbed it from a mom and pop store that broke the street date

>favorite Squid Sister at the start of Splatoon
Callie
>favorite Squid Sister at the end of Splatoon
Callie
>favorite Off the Hook member during the Direct
Marina
>favorite Off the Hook member after Splatfest
Marina
>Squid Sisters or Off the Hook
I like them both, honestly. Squid Sisters have the nostalgia and the cute factor. Off the Hook is shiny and new.

Final boss is fun, not as fun as the first game

You never upgraded your hero weapon?
Those are for upgrading.

That's what it looks like from what I've seen. To be completely fair though, the original final boss was god tier, so it was gonna be hard to top. I just really hope for Splatoon 3 they take their time and make a game that'll blow us away, singleplayer and multiplayer. You can tell they just shoved this game onto the Switch as fast as they could. Still excited of course, because we'll get a ton of dlc.

Deathmatch would be absolute madness, you're ground ink would be so precious I'm sure dying once would suck

I don't have the game yet, but I thought those were the function of the eggs like last game

I meant the thing next to the scroll icon in the top right like in this vid youtube.com/watch?v=_pfRhEf839g

>USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

That's why I think it'd be fun. There aren't many other modes to put in the game at this point anyway.

Marie
Marie
Marina
Marina
Squid Sisters

Squid Sisters got food on top of their heads. What does Off the Hook have? ""giant zippers""

How is this different from the other spoilers posted?

>183248721
Why would anyone want to watch it before playing?

I doubt anybody remembers, but I posted around 6 hours ago about how my local Target had the full game download already. I almost bought it, but was dissuaded by another user. For a while, anyway. The download code works.

I've also really been itching for a standard deathmatch since the start.

I want it to go all Halo 2 with being able to play as the Octolings, so deathmatches are Inklings/Octolings.

I'm actually really impressed at how they handled Judd and Li'l Judd.
I love how they answered the question of "what will happen when Judd, the last living cat on Earth, dies?" with "The squids just clone another Judd." It's perfect. I'm let down by the rest of the story, but that bit is cool.

I think Splatoon 3 is gonna be the big one. Since Splatfests are gonna be going on for the next 2 years, that gives the devs much more time to develop the third game. We probably won't be seeing Splatoon 3 until the end of the Switch's lifecycle, I wouldn't call Splatoon 2 a letdown, but I was expecting a little bit more desu. Oh well though, I'll still play the fuck out of it.

>t b h is filtered
ok

Marie
Marie
Marina/Pearl
Pearl
I like both, they each have their own style

look at this fucking newfag lol

Yeah, I feel you - those are pretty similar to my thoughts as well.

I'm excited as fuck, but it certainly seems a little more like Splatoon 1.5. Give it a couple years for the third one to release and it should be massive.

Midnight japan time on the 21st is 9 hours from now. Assuming the game comes out digitally then, any day one patches would be revealed at least in the japanese version then.

Luna is 2x ink consumption

is this ok?

>it's my first day

you aren't wrong.

oh damn, that's depressing when you put it that way
probably turf

I feel like it's more of a spin-off than anything

no mail
liking clash blaster, dreading clash blaster
probably the size of the controller
I like spaghettis more, skrillex spaghetti
I embrace spoilers, saw them all already

No, owg is bad, overwatch is bad, trying to fit in with a bunch of losers on a mongolian fish mongering forum is bad

>12 btw

k.

Overwatch was fun for ~20 hours but then you realize every match plays the exact fucking same.

>skrillex spaghetti
Excellent taste

you mean like splatoon or literally any other moba/arena fps?

They're all like that, it's just a matter of finding out which one you actually like playing.

ah, I see you're a man of culture as well

This is on a whole new level of formulaic though. Ultimates pretty much decide the entire match if it's an even match.

>splatzones
>multiple bomb rushes
>2 frames per second achieved
Has this been fixed in Splatoon 2?

Marie
Possibly Callie because Marie is kind of a bitch
Marina
Marina

Squid Sisters because both characters are very likable. Marina by far is the hottest of all of them but the fact that she's grouped with Pearl and that NoA fucked up her personality kinda ruined it for me.

Marina is still my waifu though

The bigger problem with OW is blizzard doubling down on stupid decisions instead of admitting they were wrong about anything ever. Like adding another assault map when literally nobody on earth likes that game mode.

That too. Not to mention that Blizzard can't balance the game for their lives.

YO TAV, I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY

Hnggg