/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

Lewd Crossover Edition

>Skullgirls News
Update on the Skullgirls physical copy:
twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/878062344537915392

Beowulf coming to Skullgirls Mobile this summer

>Indivisible News
Anime Expo Sizzle Reel: youtube.com/watch?v=AHJUN-d9Wjg

Latest release date is now "Fall 2018"

Some videos on the E3 and AX Indivisible build:
youtube.com/watch?v=RFdmlmbI9aQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8AEeY-0DYQE
youtube.com/watch?v=xd8nBO4nbZI

Backer Beta Preview coming soon™

Indivisible backers, if you need to update your mailing info or anything else please do so on BackerKit
labzerogames.com/important-notice-for-all-backers/

>Beginner Stuff
Beginner Forums: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/beginner-forum.30
Resources: skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242

>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In

>Official Forums for Indivisible and CONSOLE Skullgirls
skullheart.com

>Official Forums for Skullgirls MOBILE
forum.skullgirlsmobile.com

Other urls found in this thread:

steelcorridor.tumblr.com/post/163190343466
twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/885310670086000641
youtube.com/watch?v=WPc3rNSHw-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Previous thread:

Annie is best girl and none of you can convince me otherwise.

what was the reasoning for them to shoehorn her into beowulf's story?

stop posting here Parasoul
and fuck your sister aldready

repostan
steelcorridor.tumblr.com/post/163190343466

Don't forget, PS4 ISO has now been certified by Sony, so LRG has been moving ahead on PS4 physical version.

twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/885310670086000641

News on Vita still to come.

where are her eyes?

So we hit bump limit. Time for those Clip highlights!

So Skullgirls is the first game I've felt a motivation to learn how to play competitively or at least reach a level of general competence . Is there any general advice on how to properly practice and learn, or should I just get bodied online until I know how to deal with certain combos and then practice combos on my own?

getting bodied is kind of inevitable, but it's important to know what to learn from your beatings.
if you're having issues with your controls or getting moves to come out consistently, that's stuff you build with good muscle memory and training mode practice. do some drills in training mode until stuff feels second nature to you. for combos, you can look up combos in the beginners resources on skullheart (link in OP)

understanding matchups and knowing how to react to pressure are things you'll only get down well from playing other people though. the big thing is discovering where and how other players find the cracks in your defense/offense. you have to see what patterns they're noticing in your playstyle that you weren't aware of, like if you're having trouble teching throws or catching people in the air.
even without talking to them directly, your opponents should help you learn where to improve. every loss makes you stronger.

to meet other newer players like yourself, you can go on the SG discord or Skullgirls Get Gr8 beginner group on Steam. these groups are getting stronger as more community takes advantage of them, so bring your questions. you'll fit right in.

are you good at any other games? what was usually your approach to improving?

Has the D.Violet book been scanned?

It probably will be soon. I almost expect most of the contributing artists to go ahead and post what they did online

is this game any good

which one you asking about? I'd say they're both good of course, but that's if you're into the genres.

can't speak for the mobile game, but it's free so..

youtube.com/watch?v=WPc3rNSHw-U

do you expect us not to say yes?

When will they drop the shitty fighting game gimmick and make Skullgirls an eroge instead