ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!2w0TnRhK!0KlqtvIou-68rkcJLKHHww
mediafire.com/file/v5xkor8xvn8z4qm/Yukikaze.epub
youtube.com/watch?v=ujnpXCaOSA4
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z0yj5IDdI
youtube.com/watch?v=TzxDom6UgT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for fireballs

Second for superior kinematic performance to a combat load F-16.

Now that we're here: speculate on the future of aerial combat. Think 50-75 years out.

>dogfighting, obsolete or not?
>drones vs piloted craft
>changes in standard fighter size/dimensions?
>weapons systems
>stealth still viable?

Personally I suspect that fighters will to a fair extent remain the same sizes/dimensions that they are at present, even if unmanned. Beyond that I don't have much of a clue though.

Drones, probably. Maybe we could find a way to make them smaller if we can reduce the size of their engines and payload.

Variable Fighters.

it is a part of my strangereal headcannon that Knight Rider was aired in strangereal as well, but with a jet instead of a car. the question is, what is the jet equivalent of an 82 Trans-Am? it has to be a two seater where they can hide the actual pilot from the cameras.

>>dogfighting, obsolete or not?
Its obsolete now. Unless we all get amnesia and forget how to manufacture decent missiles and sensors, close range gunfights are dodo-tier.

>>drones vs piloted craft
We're gonna say greater integration of drone combat craft for sure, but they aren't going to completely replace pilots for now. The sixth gen of fighter aircraft is probably going to go the mothership with drone wingmen route, like in Yukikaze.
>>changes in standard fighter size/dimensions?
Probably the same as it is now
>>weapons systems
Lasers for anti missile defence are gonna be a thing. Smaller missiles as well, so you can pack more into the internal weapon bays of most 5th gen fighters.
>>stealth still viable?
Yes.

t. Janes Defence Weekly reader

Slightly crap, but with a dedicated following worldwide and exceptionally simple to keep running. Also takes well to questionable paintjobs.

...MiG-21UTI?

My thinking is that making them smaller would give them advantages in the maneuverability department, but that may not even be paramount in the next decades anyway. Their weapon capacity would be severely limited, but that's ok since you could probably count on having two smallish drones for every standard-size fighter you'd otherwise be building.

A more serious limitation would be operational range; despite their reduced size and weight, I imagine that they'd still get quite a bit less range than a full-sized fighter, especially since their wingspan would be reduced as well (I'm still assuming these drones are designed for A2A). They could still be quite handy for fleet defense and shorter-range operations though.

Yeah, I know dogfighting is in the dumps already, and I really can't anticipate much that would change that. But who knows. I concur about lasers and such for point defense against missiles too.
Coincidentally, I just started watching Yukikaze tonight, so I'm not watching your webm. But drone wingmen make a certain degree of sense; I'll have a better idea of what you're referring to sometime tomorrow when I finish the show, I guess.

>user beat me to the thread
Feels bad.

Anyway, slav shit best shit,

Also, here's user's AC3 guide. Hope you enjoy it, buddy.
mega.nz/#F!2w0TnRhK!0KlqtvIou-68rkcJLKHHww
I also have the strategy guides for 5 and 0.
If you buddies are interested I might scan those too sometime soon.

Read the book as well, there's a bunch of stuff that the OAV skips over that really fleshes out the themes of the story.

There are strategy guides for AC games?

Brady you're a real g.

I'll check it out; I dig the OVA so far. I haven't watched much of this stuff though, so I guess I don't have much to compare it to. Not that that matters. Macross seems to be pretty popular, but as a franchise it seems a bit daunting. I'll probably give it a go sometime later anyway.

Thanks man!

Here's the epub version, if you don't want to spend time and money tracking down a physical copy.
mediafire.com/file/v5xkor8xvn8z4qm/Yukikaze.epub

yeah, I could see that in black with the red lights lining the intake.

>MiG-21
>Not the F-5
The F-5 is also an internationally popular, pretty crap shitbox, with the bonus of being an American plane with cannons made by Pontiac.

>joined Dision in AC3
>mfw the next 30 minutes
>mfw I have no face
What in actual fuck was that. I was thoroughly entertained but very VERY confused. Will playing the other routes help flesh this out a bit? Especially in regards to Rena and why the player character goes nuclear. are you playing as another "evolved" human like Dision, being controlled by Simon or something?

Hey, thanks. Appreciate it.

I haven't played the Dision route but the other ones look more tame. UPEO has a pretty comfy ending, the Neucom Fiona one is a bit sad and I don't remember much of the GR one with Keith.

Rena just has flight autism, not much more there from what I remember.

You are an AI tested by Simon in a simulation of a hypothetical war. None of what happens is real

I guess you recommend you play that route then because it was truly batshit crazy in a good way. So there's just the 4 routes in total right? Can you play through them on the same save/profile or how does that work?

I guess I*

full spoilers here. The player character, N.E.M.O., is an advanced AI program in an artificial world within the electrosphere whose entire purpose is to simulate the entire world during the corporate wars in order to contain and repeatedly Abyssal Dision. Abyssal Dision is a digital copy of the real Dision that was uploaded to the electrosphere. shortly after that happened the real dision died in an explosion. Basically you're the antagonist and each route/ending is another simulation. that's why each save file has 6 slots, one for each ending and when you get all of them I believe it unlocks another ending. you kill Dision in the end in every route.

Easily my least favorite mission. Groups of stationary submarines walled off on 3 sides.

I see.

Macross isn't that daunting. You can start at pretty much any point in the franchise and not miss out on much since all of the series are pretty self contained as far as story goes.
Production order is still the way to go, but if your strapped for time, you can start off with Zero or Plus and just whittle down the rest through attrition.

5 routes I think. UPEO, Keith, Dision, Fiona and whatever her sister was called.

I think the easiest way to go theough the game is to just save at the decision points and then reload from there while making a save for all endings. It kinda works if you save over the decisions of routes you have completed.

Or you can just replay it all at all times. I don't know if the game recognises that you did all the endings if you use just one save.

That said I will have to do his route at some point. But his views kinda kept me from it the first time around.

here, this ought to help.

Zero and Plus are the comfiest ones tbqh. Zero just a bit more because the characters arent asshats.

Frontier is alright too minus whatshisname femboy being a shit at times. And then oddly grounded at other times. They also strap way too many packs to their VFs

SDF is QUALITY ANIMATION and the same Minmay songs over and over. But it is also up there.

Can't speak for 7 or Delta except that those have a lot more singing in it.

Ultimately I recommend Area 88 if you just want jets doing jet things.

>Two engines
>conformal fuel tanks

Ppppppssshhhhhh these memes

Zero
>characters not asshats
Yeah, they were bland cardboard cutouts instead. The only character I remember from Zero was the qt pacific islander loli who wanted Shinns gunpod in her vagina.

>not missile in her exhaust nozzle
I never said it was high art but they were more relatable than Isamu and Guld half the time.

Her sister was cuter tbqh

to put a cherry on top of Abyssal Dision's suffering the first thing he sees when he is created is his real self starting to get it on with his scientist girlfriend, but he doesn't realize that the real Dision is him and so he thinks it's some other guy. then he sees the explosives being planted in the lab and watches his real self and girlfriend getting blown up.

What is your favourite US Navy paintjob, buddies?

Seven is much less serious than the rest. THE POWER OF ROCK is a tangible, quantifiable force throughout the series. Still one of my favourites in the franchise.
It does provide a good part of the setup for all the "music magic" plot points in Frontier and Delta.
The problem with Delta is its second half: it was meant to be 13 episode + movie, so when they changed it to 26 episodes they just murdered the series.

Seven also has the best OVAs of the series. Dynamite is fucking awesome. The main series is a bit of a slog to get through, but the payoff is absolutely worth it in my opinion.
youtube.com/watch?v=ujnpXCaOSA4

Neucom is sad because it's so good.

Stealth Black.

Personally I enjoyed the series. All the insanity was fun after how grounded Plus was.
Though Basara isn't exactly an enjoyable lead. Rock related autism on Rena's flying autism tier. I WILL MOVE THE MOUNTAIN WITH MY SONG.

>Though Basara isn't exactly an enjoyable lead
Are you kidding, his rock and roll autism was the best part, aside from Mylene/Guvava and the VF's. Plus, when he ANIMA SPIRITIA'd Gepelnitch, it was one of the top moments in any mecha show I've watched.

At least I can relate to Rena's autism.

That said to this day I wonder why they bothered with the idols and music at all instead of just making a space opera with VFs, I would've loved that shit way more. I'm also still disappointed that ot was just the Zentradi and noone else. Yamato was boring like that too.

I don't know why people want Macross to be some kinda serious gritty scifi war drama when there's a trillion shows and books that do that stuff already, like Gundam, or LoGH, or The Expanse, or Battlestar Galactica.

I like the uniqueness of Macross, not a lot of shows feature such a heavy emphasis on war machines while relying on entirely peaceful means to resolve their central conflictsplus I love the songs

That scene was a blast (no pun intended) to watch. Still, I didn't enoy him as a character.
I was quite fond of Gamlin, tbqh.

My guess is that they wanted to set themselves apart from the rest of the mecha franchises of the time (even if the transformation mechanics of the VFs are outstanding, they weren't the only franchise boasting a transformation gimmick) by introducing pop music: Minmay.
It just became embeded into the series' formula and the executives probably don't want to take the risk of lowering their benefits by removing it.

None of them have space Tomcats tho. That is all I want. I don't have anything against it, it's just a bizarre choice.

Sounds about right.

I just want there to be Macross mods for AC7. Hopefully Bamco won't try to clamp down on it.

Special weapons = hover mode in the mecha?

Dude awesome work on the F2 in the last thread!
Would sink PLAN fleet/10

Nah, VF's can carry normal SP weapons as well.

Thank you. I'll repost it, if you don't mind.
Next up: Scarface 1 Su-30SM, Modern F-105 and Freedom Flanker (I need a cool Navy paintjob for this one).

Are any of these master files printed in english?

I'm home in about 6 hours and can give you a pick of a nice navy digi camo hornet...

Nope, but partial translations exist on the web.
Check Macrossworld's translation thread.

Personally I'd like to use one of the flashy, colourful ones, but that would be great too!

>digi camo hornet
On second thought that might be a bit too complex to draw in a reasonable timeframe...

>tfw no matter what route you do fiona suffers in some way
AC3 is a sad game

That's what she gets for being with Neucom.
Then again you kill Rena and Dision in just about all of the endings too, Keith looses his buddy for his route and the UPEO buddy whose name I forgot ends up being alone after everyone leaves the force in most routes.

No clue what happens with Cynthia tbqh. But someone always gets fucked over in this game.

>10

Wyvern a cute.

>tfw no invisible gf

Maybe we all have one and just can't see her?

But even if we do have one that we can't see, why can't we feel her? ;_;

Objects in stealthdimensional travel don't interact with our space.

I've heard that Janes has suffered massively on the technical side in the last decade. Something along the lines of no longer doing their own research but instead just copying and compiling. Care to comment?

Cool navy paintjob?

VX-4 has some of the best (worst) naval paintjobs in my opinion.

That evaluation squadron knew those aircraft were pure sex.
This one is way over the top, though. Painting this on a Flanker would be a bit much.
Personally I like the grey body with colour accents along the cockpit and the vertical stabilizers, but I don't know a lot of them., hence why I ask here about favourites.

That's a neat pic, my dad actually served aboard the Ranger when VF-2 Bounty Hunters and VF-1 Wolfpack were stationed there.

That's really neat. It's not in Spain that I'd get anecdotes like that.
Any favourite paintjob along the lines of what I described?

To be perfectly honest, my favorite was always VF-1, like in .

Ha! Of course the best plane would get the best idol as well.

In your opinion, which Ace Combat game has the best:

>Gameplay

>Story

>Music

>Atmosphere

>Supporting Characters

Hard choice, tentatively Zero.
04 and Zero are tied here
3 by default, because it had actual side characters that developed

Personally

>Gameplay
>Story
>Music
>Atmosphere
>Supporting Characters

>Gameplay
6 and 2
>Story
>Music
Zero
>Atmosphere
>Supporting Characters

I can never decide on this shit because I love all of them.

>>Gameplay
Not too many big changes here but 6 wins for having the maneuver system. X2 gets a mention because it had all those loadout options. Zero gets one for the boresight.

>>Story
Zero and 5 are still my favourites

>>Music
AC1 and 2 tbqh. It makes you feel happy to go murder shit.

>>Atmosphere
I got nothing on this.

>>Supporting Characters
Zero, 5 or JP3. Not too much in the other games from what I remember.
Honorary mention of the copilot in AC1 and 2 though.

>Gameplay
Ace Combat 6

>Story
Hard tie between 04, 5 and Zero, desu. I like all three equally but if it had to come down to one, 04's is probably the best of regards to minimalistic simplicity. 5 is the most dramatic and cinematic whereas Zero is a slightly stripped down version of that borrowing from 04's minimalism.

>Music
Ace Combat 5

>Atmosphere
Ace Combat 5. 04's muted colors and relatively dull soundtrack at times tends to put me to sleep.

>Supporting Characters
Zero. Pixy and the enemy squadrons are all people I'd like to meet. Otherwise, 6.

Some time spent trying things out has let me know that:
>cleaning low-res schematics is a pain
>high-res ones are too noisy with an excess of panel lining
>my attempts at creating a decent paintjob are underwhelming
I really have no idea of how to do original paintjobs, but here's a colour sketch.

Actually I changed my mind.
>Gameplay
AC:I
>Story
>Music
>Atmosphere
>Supporting Characters

Fite me

Story's not even a contest. 5 used cardboard cutouts for everything from villains to protagonists.

Zero has a pretty weak story as well, but is saved by the strength of the presentation and the interviews.

4 has basically the only worthwhile story in the series, because it's more human. It's not really about the gods of the sky, but about a more grounded view of war's effects.

Did you play 3?

That's just like your opinion buddy.

Yeah, that's about what I'd say.

3 is a cut and dry anime.

>Anime
Yes.
>cut and dry
Hardly.

>Gameplay
>Story

>Music
>Atmosphere
>Supporting Characters
5/0

How about low visibility tiger camo ?

I'll add that if JP AC3 is largely derivitive of some anime I'd be genuinely interested to know which ones.

Ghost in the Shell, largely. Oshii's film had just come out not too long before.

Those damn Belkans!

youtube.com/watch?v=wsJyC5g4IBo

2d thrust vectoring is pretty old...

while we are on the topic of thrust vectoring

Everyone post exotic designs.
>Gameplay
Either 6 or Infinity
>Story
0 and 04 are tied here
>Music
as are the games of the Holy Trinity here.
>Atmosphere
0 or 04 again.
>Supporting Characters
I have no idea here.
Checked, but that's your opinion. 5 is at least trying, and Zero's beautiful. I do agree on 4, though.

kill all your friends

>Gameplay
Purely flying-wise, infinity

>Story

>Music

>Atmosphere
4 cutscene are great, but 0 is better in everything

>Supporting Characters
While I really, really like Pops and Bartlett, probably 3.
Or, again, 0, it's just that good.

That is a pretty good summary.

Woooo, two upcoming games of 2017 to spend time on while waiting for Ace Combat 7
>Raiden V
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z0yj5IDdI
>Blue Reflection (although this one has already come out in Japan several months ago)
youtube.com/watch?v=TzxDom6UgT4