Thoughts on debadging?

Thoughts on debadging?

Only on base model.

fuck off, a thread died for this stupid fucking thread.

kill yourself and do what you want faggot

It makes you look like a huge tool.

is it wrong to debage high performance trims? for example removing the "M3" off of an M3?

this. done primarily by children to a brand new 316i because of shame.

looks shit and is almost always done by those driving the cheapest version of a model. In their minds they think people might mistake it for an ''m3'' like the knob above posted but in reality everyone knows you got the base model you cheap cunt.

Makes your car look cheap, like it's a knock off

I think it's okay to remove model and trim badges because those mostly are simply ugly, but cars usually look better with brand badges than without.

id debadge e/c63 wagon desu

V6 bottom of the barrel model. Couldn't find/ afford v8 AWD model.

Everyone debadges their AMG's in Germany for some reason. I even have a friend who's dad swapped the wheels to the base ones so people wouldn't know. Maybe they don't wanna show off, or more likely they don't wanna Poles/""""""""""Refugees"""""""""""" stealing their cars.

Its just weird. You want to show that off

Full debadging is cheezy. Leaving just the logo is stealthy and minimalist.

/thread

Also, how about ADDING badges?

Adding OEM badges? Autistic unless you actually upgraded the car to be similar to what the model's badge is.
Adding badges from other brands? Tasteful but weird, approaches /osg/ tier, and it also depends on the type of badge. An SRT badge replacing an STi sticker is a good idea, but as an ironic joke. Slapping an AMG badge on some 3 series BMW is disgusting.

Is my car tasteful?

I always thought the debadged front of the evo looked clean, not much else though

What if someone were to re-badge a Jap SUV as a Maibatsu Monstrosity from GTA

I saw a PT cruiser covered in ecoboost, red chevy logos, and Buick ventiports. It was glorious.

What about other markets' badges, like an Axela badge on a US Mazda 3

Should I put a Kuga badge on my Escape? I already lost the escape badge after some body work.

Are you German? Germans have a national culture of frugality, so I'd imagine that they debadge their AMG cars because they feel guilty or don't want their peers to judge then for being extravagant.

I dig it

Looks pleb as fuck. It's on the same level as guys using shitty eBay headlights or mexi-tier knock-off rims.

Who's tool?

maximum keks if you can make it look stock
this one could use some karin kuruma badges lol

What about plastidipping badges?

I did this on my 320i because it is easily reversible and goes with the color scheme of having black accents.

Debadging is fine, especially on performance trims like an E39 M5 which apart from the quad pipes looks like a 520d without the badges
All about the sleeper lads

3's/speed3's look best with only Mazda logo imo
Pic related

I took my badges off and nobody knows what my car is now, it's pretty kek

Everyone knows what it is, so shut up retard.

No, they don't, everyone asks if it's a geo lol

Meh, it looks clean on VAG crap

All the badges? Damn post pics

I debaged my 2002 oldsmobile alero, then totaled it a couple months later. People that were on the phone with responders had to ask me what kind of car it was because nobody knows those damn cars in 2017.

>Ford
>Focus
>SE
>FlexFuel
>[dealer_badge]

Which ones are ok to remove? I'm going to remove all but the Ford and model ones.

put on ST badge from ebay

>ST badge
>on a sedan

Nah. If I ever turbo the car I might tho.

My badges fell off, so i have no choice but to de badge. i have a saab 92x with only the saab logo on the back.
it looks cool and all but i want badges back

>Which ones are ok to remove? I'm going to remove all but the Ford and model ones.
this sounds reasonable. i hate dealer badges, and flexfuel badges.

What about down badging?

In Netherlandistan it is fairly common to debadge low end BS
>M badges everywhere
>revving everywhere
>114i, 316d or 518d
every fucking time

I tend to see debadged s/rs 4/5/6 as well because they're frequently stolen to be used as a getaway vehicle after criminals blow up ATMs to get the money stored behind them. Debadging high-HP cars with plenty of space can reduce the chances of yours being stolen for that purpose.

Some car like that Subaru are designed to have badges. Looks dumb and incomplete without them.

Nice Viper bro.

>fwd diesel with cloth seats

down badging is god tier for trolling ricers and not getting carjacked

I only removed the stupid decal the dealership put on my shit. Fuck that, I’m not advertising for them on my brand new car for free

class, power or handling speaks for itself

boyracer shit. dipped car parts are a huge red flag and I immediately close your craigslist post.

did not know iron man made tires.

Depends on the car.

This

i did it like this on my WRX, keeping the riveted on subaru badge in the middle of my trunk.

i prefer to look like im driving a base model impreza because my trunk is wingless as well

This. Downbadging is the way to go.

>going from 400E to 200D

Great, now all Poles want to take it.

I guess if you wanna be cheeky

Makes washing/claybar/polishing/waxing easier.

Also if your car came with a shit ton of badges like mine, It's beneficial.

I didn't do it for any other reason besides detailing it, Looks about the same with them as it does without them.

This looks really fucking good. Much more classy than stock and 1000x better than taking the Subaru logo off.

yes

having the whole rear plastered with badges

SO CUTE :3

Yeah. A lot of these cars are designed with the badge in mind, and when you take remove it the whole thing just looks off.

nigger tier modding. same as dem big weelz, making everything matte black and so on

For the love of god, do it consistently. Seeing something with a blank back and a bigass Merc badge on the front makes me want to shoot myself.

Bonus meme points if you debadge the highest trim level. I saw a debadged 6 Series with quad tailpipes recently, checked the plate and it was actually an M6.

Is there a point at which it becomes acceptable? I was considering putting a V12 Biturbo badge on my 3cyl shitbox.

>Seeing something with a blank back and a bigass Merc badge on the front makes me want to shoot myself.

For a lot of these newer mercedes, trying to remove the front badge would be a complete bitch because it isn't even really a back anymore.

Point. I don't mean those specifically, just cars with easily detachable badges all around when people only bother taking the rear ones off. I saw a blacked out debadged Corsa with a bodykit a week ago, front looked unrecognisable and the back was bone stock with all the badges on. One of the most retarded things I've ever seen.

You should get some of these on the hood

>party in the front, business in the back

kek I think you are in to meme territory there, what brand shitbox?
It would be better if you put pic related next to the V12

I don't really care that much. If the badging is ugly and/or ruins the car's design then I think it's justified.

Around Norcal the only cars I really see without badges are first-gen Scion XBs, and those are usually painted matte black, beat to shit, tastelessly modded, or all of the above.

Volkswagen, but there isn't really much to choose from. R32/GTI look vaguely reasonable, so they're out of the window.

Pic related is tempting.

Waste of everyone's time

I automatically assume it's a base model or poorly done clone

Personally, I think debadging a car makes it look ugly and cheap.

One of my biggest gripes with RAM is the dual exhaust pipes. It's a fucking truck, not a sports car.

I've never noticed how much of a butterface she is until now. Jesus.

That would be pretty kek worthy desu

I don't care enough to do it myself but I don't really care if people do it.

To be honest I see it the other way around. If you have the M3 and take off the badge, people think you're in a 325 or something, if you're in a 325 and take off the badge, people think you're in a 325 and wished you were in an M3.

Who is this ejaculate enchantress

debadging but keeping the manufacturer's logo looks good

Mine came de-badged.

Couldn't give a fuck less.

if i had too much money to spend i'd probably get a 05-06 Corolla XRS, debadge the XRS out, and with a few simple mods have the wet dream sleeper car I always wanted

I've always preferred to remove the brand badge, but leave the model badge if possible.

Remove them both, it's harder for cops to put out an APB on your vehicle if they can only call it a "blue coupe" or "blue truck". 99% of the time they're calling it out as "BLUE CHEVY" or "BLUE SUBARU", which really does narrow it down.

let's be honest, people mostly do this because they're embarrased. it's mostly done on skodas, volkswagens etc with a bodykit to make it look like a sportscar without it actually saying "skoda fabia"

That gen is "Carlos the Cartel" tier no matter what you do to it.

IMO it usually makes the car look cheap like some kind of knock off version.

If a thread gets to the bottom it doesn't deserve to live.

I agree with these, leaving logo but taking off model badges looks really clean most the time.
see:
All really good examples

Remove these badges:
AlumiBlock
PovertySpec
SkyEcoMotionTec
Displacement

Keep these badges:
Brand
4 x 4
DOHC TWIN CAM
Side badges

Optional:
Model
Trim levels above PovertySpec
Rear pillar badges

Remove all but dealer

Looks great on some models, just meh on others.

no its cool

debadging top trim cars is how real enthusiasts id themselves

go to any real car meet and you'll see. dont listen to the bus riding faggots in this board

>tfw putting 328i badge on a tuned 335is

absolute madman