Fast car for a beginner?

I'm about to get my license (Europe) and I have 100k$ max to spend on a car. I'm 27 years old and consider myself to be mature enough to not do dumb shit on the road.

My parents and friends are telling me to get a car that is under 230hp for security reasons, and I'm okay with that, but what if I would want to go for a 400hp car? Would it be too dangerous for a beginner? I don't know much about cars, but I would like to have a nice-cool looking one because I can afford it, and not go for a Mini or something like that.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Hooning isn't about maturity, it's about thinking about what you value and want in life, and living your life on your own terms like a grown ass man, not like a frightened, ignorant and delusional little bitch.

don't listen to this retard

you've got no business with a 400hp car as a first car, driving is much more than just being able to handle the car, before you learn to read into traffic and road situations you really should stick to a less powerful car, around 200hp is much more than you need as a beginner, trust me

>inb4 some idiot calls me a cuck

He's a cuck but he's right

:^(

nice, thanks for the advice.

I'm looking at the Lexus rc 300h as my first car. I think it looks cool, it's hybrid and 220hp.

$400 hp is too much. You need to learn to respect that kind of power or you’ll kill yourself and you can really only learn it by feel. No way around it.

I would say 300 or lower as a cut off
You get a light weight car and 200-250 hp will be plenty to have fun.
Porsche 986 boxster
Mazda Miata
BMW 135i (careful 303hp)
2010ish Camaro (also 300hp).

If you feel like spending more than 10-15k for some reason and are a euro poor get a corvette stingray. It’s powerful (450 hp) but tuned for grand touring (highway comfort driving). It’s got better traction control than most track oriented cars (where most don’t want it) so you don’t kill yourself. You can sell it as a corvette basically for safe and comfortable road use over track use.

If you go for the vette YOU WILL lose the back end of you are not used to driving with that much power. Even at 300 hp this happens.

You will also need to get used to switching to winter tires because the car won’t grip off season.

Great looking cars, and 220hp is more than enough for normal and spirited driving.

Just remember, if you decide to speed or something like that, expect a car to come from every blind corner, and always assume that other drivers don't see you

Unless you're in detroit or sweden, then just gas it before the sand people get you

Yeah a corvette stingray is a pretty fucked option for a first car, if you get something RWD, keep the traction control on until you really know the car

if it snows where you live, don't be an idiot and use all seasons, buy a set of good winter tyres (nokian/michelin/continental, not some chinese crap)

stay safe

Just to be blatant here. The stingray is for middle aged and older guys who want the look and power of a corvette with the power on a leash and quality of life features added (softer ride, sound dampening) like a Mercedes.

You're a cuck but you're not wrong.

Just get a fucking Miata or gt86.
They're quick without necessarily going over 230hp.
And when the time comes that you find it too slow just slap a fucking turbo on it.

Any recommendations for cool looking coupes with less than 250hp?

Look above. Gt86/miata

Also the fuck is this with muh dangerous. I learned to drive with a V12 bmw, just don't be a moron and stomp it and you will be fine

>400hp car
>beginner
Don't overestimate yourself user. We'll all be laughing when you post a picture of your wrecked car because you thought you could be Babby Driver. Get something with less power and actually learn how to spirited drive before graduating to more powerful cars.

Also, if you're really going to be ragging on it with no experience, get a shitty beater first, because I guarantee you will fuck up at some point and you'll be crying when you wrap your $60k RC 300H around a tree.

How are you a richfag but don't have your first car by the age of 27?

Nah, that’s the thing, I don’t want to drive fast and stuff like that, I just want a nice looking car and don’t care about horsepower. As stupid as it may sound, if there was a Ferrari, Lambo or Camaro under 150hp I would buy it and be happy with it. Just want to drive from point A to point B on a cool ride.

Too lazy to get the drivers license.

Get a lighter car with nice handling and about 192-330 hp instead

If you didn't care about hp then why was it the only criteria in the op?

Get a MR2 with a nice bodykit.
>nice handling
>low hp
>beautiful car

Insurance will rape your ass apart

Just let him get whatever Lambo he gets and let him crash.

>I'm about to get my license
>wants a 400hp car
When you try and get an insurance quote, the person on the phone will laugh and hang up.

lul snap oversteer into a tree

They probably won't, because OP is over 25.

Still has zero no-claims

Sure he'll have to pay up, but he most likely won't get utterly shafted like he would if he were, say, 20.

making a genuine suggestion here
go for a Ford Sportka, I had one as my first car and I could not have had a better car, it grips to corners like superglue and you won't feel overly bad when you inevitably crash it

A mate of mine had a regular Ka that was literally hanging together with duct tape as his first shitbox. It lasted about a month.
Fun to chuck around corners though.

most professional drivers recommend >150 hp for a first car so you learn how to make power count and then use that knowledge in a better car
Being mature doesn't mean not doing dumb shit on the road, it means doing dumb shit at the right time like
>when no one is around
>when there is no traffic
>when people are far in distance from you
>when no one is around to join in your learning experience
Me and my friends will pile in my 200hp shitbox and go drifting around the lakes at my uni and have a lot of fun

Babby CGT a cute
CUTE

Sport/Streetka's are absolute shitboxes but damn they're fun to sling around.

>not buying optioned Pearl White GLE 63 S Coupe AMG as a first car
c'mon, it's like you're not even a rich chink or something

>and not go for a Mini
Mini Coopers are fucking badd (two Ds because it's so bad ass) fucking ass.
>what is rally

while I disagree with the second half of your post I respect that your a conscientious and somewhat safe idiot

> >150 hp
>greater than 150 hp
Didn't you mean < ?

Good advice tho.

>beginner
>400hp
>100k to spend
bait

meh, i have a friend who is 30 and inherited a shitload here in europe. he got mad at me when i told him new m3 is not a good first car for him cause it took him 2 years to pass his drivers exam and he didn't drive more than 5 km after he took the exam 2 years ago...

>100k$
>First car
Only I am a looser, that drives 1000$ car?