Truckerfag Thread - /TFG/

>Have You Seen This Missing Supertrucker? Edition

Brevious Bread: >44 tonnes of Paw Patrol and Star Wars themed Christmas decorations
>34 tires proudly made in the heartland of Malaysia
>Sign that lease and I'll steal all of your mom's opinions on Angela's Ashes during her book club
>CDL How Do? Private driving school a best, community college a okay, megas a bad
>Something about foreign drivers, I don't know, fill it in yourself
>Swift: Best Trying To Frantically Explain To A Terminal Manager How Three Underaged Runaways Ended Up In His Sleeper

>Truckerfag decides to go back door swinging, quoted as saying "fuck all these literal piles of money I have laying around"
>EF, please come home, and by home I mean resume shitposting here but at a reasonable level
>Bepisis well liked by his employer, and therefor he can urinate/defecate anywhere he so chooses
>Oilfag had to wait a while on a thing to be able to do another thing, and then had to come back the next day to finish said thing
>Doubles was cursed by an old gypsy to have intermittent trailer wiring issues
>Primefag is on his sixth quart of Ben and Jerry's vegan ice cream, whatever that is made from, wood bark perhaps
>Primely, much like Jesus to hisdisciples, is to become a trainer to new Prime drivers. May God have mercy on all of us.
>Gundam loves the gays and the Nintendo Switch, in no particular order
>Bandit has to perform regular preventative maintenance to his cock
>Whiney is very busy between hauling frac sand and explaining the intricacies of the plot of Love Hina to his frac hand coworkers
>Balam has a tranny in his truck
>GrainGuy made an assblasted user trucker late because he hauls 63.5 T O N N E S

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DN3mRBOAH8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for KW a best

>Gundam loves the gays and the Nintendo Switch, in no particular order
Legit made me chuckle. Pic unrelated.

>tfw u sound asleep at a quiet backwoods truckstop and forgot to turn off ur cb radio and get woke up at 00:20 by some old deranged soul making feral animal noises and screeches into his microphone

Do you think fórmula truck will make a comeback in 2018?
youtube.com/watch?v=DN3mRBOAH8Y

That's why you don't turn the cb on in the first place. I only touch it if there's a traffic jam.

why the fuck backing so hard

I passed all the tests and got certified to train today. Also met my first student and practiced some backing with him. I think I'm going to be a rockstar at this.

I couldn't even straight line back when I started. I was surprised how weird it was.

8,400 on the deck
2,600 coming out with a straight load.
10k even this week.

Fuuuck have a 40000 lbs trailer and shifting is so wierd

I see you met up with doublesfag for a reach around.

Maybe the selector is sticky from spilt coffee or you are not pressing the D button properly.

Hit the fucking shit out of the back of my head checking the fifth wheel lock yesterday have a huge goose egg :(

>imblying I would team in a 670

>Last week I couldn't spell truck driver
>This week I am one

Last week I was a truck driver too though

This guy.

Slash his tires

TRUCKERS ARE RAPISTS AND SERIAL KILLERS, TRUCKING SHOULD BE BANNED WORLDWIDE. DAY OF THE AUTONOMOUS TRUCK WHEN

Petro Portage?

8400+2600=11k my man.

So does anyone have a backup plan just in case we all lose our jerbs to robots? For me, it's small engine repair. It's not the highest paying work but it's pretty easy compared other trades, I wouldn't want to get into plumbing or whatever when I'm middle aged or older. I'm already good at that stuff but I've got money set aside to take a year off and go to school for the certificate.

Today i are one*

By the time robots are capable of replacing truck drivers, they'll be capable of fixing engines, too, soy boy.

>not denying the reach around
So you are open to the idea?

I'm open to giving you a reach around if you're open to giving up that boipucci, user.

I need u 2 shitpost harder amigo

Well ok but you have to buy me dinner first

I can offer you roller grill taquitoes and a walk through a urine stench soaked parking lot in the moonlight.

Yes

I have begun a 3D render of the 51 kenworth.

Snyders hot buffalo pretzels and
Diamond wasabi almonds are the most goat snacks prove me wrong protip you can't

Four billz
Of
Lading

>implying refrigerated Reese’s cups within arms reach at all times aren’t GOAT
I’m getting fat.

Wish my daddy gave me a truck and trailer and loads

I drive a day cab and get put up in hotels sounds comfy tho to just park and snooze in the truck bed

>CB is kill
No.

>re: the reason there are traffic jams

>not just buying the robots that TUK ER JERBS
I'd own 20 trucks by now if I didn't have to weed through 40 year old children with CDLs to try and put drivers in them.

Then I can finally break ground on the Shady Lady NEET Ranch.

This post really activates my almonds.

It can be. Some days, after I stop for lunch and hit the road again, I start to feel groggy. Usually I’ll just pull into the next rest area and take a 30 minute power nap in the bunk. 10/10 comfy.

Zero bills of lading
All that paperwork sounds like a pain in the dick

Its a lot lizards wet dream.

>36 tonnes
LMAO

End dump daddy reporting in dealer sold me some shitty coke luckily tonight is my last run

I miss my Mack.

I miss my auto, changing gears is overrated.

But I am getting my training on a 8 speed

If you put your phone in between your ear and your shoulder, does it count as a hands free device?

Only if you get it there without using your hands. Maybe grab it with your teeth and drop it on your shoulder?

How it gets there doesn't bother me, I just want to know if a cop sees my next level should tech will I still get a ticket

Yes you will

Thanx but I'll choose to ignore the thoughts and opinions of non-drivers

>mfw broke the two year dry spell and got laid twice by two different chicks edition

Dude it's fine, you're accepted for who you are here, you don't need to lie like this.

I've read the driver manual multiple times and they specifically outline what constitutes as hands free

>dirt road
>horses
>broken antenna
>obviously lost in amish country
Swiftieness confirmed

Our drop off is in Tennessee and the guy told me his antenna has been broken for 5 months

Just because you sit behind the wheel doesn't make you a driver

>at least it’s a KW

>mfw 12.5hrs drive home today, gonna have to swap seats with trainee at some point and we both have to drive ~6hrs just to make it
Fuck Florida and fuck brokers.

>Going to Florida and not living there

You brought this on yourself, if I didn't live there I would blacklist that state

Well I like the miles I get on Florida runs.
>1000+ on the way down
>890 back up
Today would suck significantly less if the shipper that loaded us hadn’t fucked up their paperwork. Skipping the boring details, they wasted 2 hours of our time for what amounted to no fucking reason at all and we wound up going 20 minutes over our 14-hour clock just to reach Fort Pierce and park. Had that not happened, we probably would have made it some distance up the turnpike and stopped at one of the plazas, and had

do truckers know how much power they have?

if you could coordinate to not deliver food into major US cities. You could squeeze democrats for anything.

Well the argument was I didnt know what I was talking about but I recently got my cdl and still need to read state laws for swift after 200 hour driver test. After the knight merger swift now has a written exam for new drivers

Then you are not getting payed

Unfortunately they're also mostly dumb, lazy, and desperate for money. I laugh at owner ops whining about the ELD mandate, it's like, if you idiots went on strike for a week, you might see something happen. But it's part they still need money and part they know the majority of trucks are fine with ELDs, so nothing ever happens.

Won't work without violence because there'll always be somebody willing to deliver anything anywhere for a few cents more. They get richer while the drivers that stick it out starve. That's why the Teamsters gave up on OTR. It'd look like civil war trying to control it in any meaningful way.

Truckers are also notorious for not managing money, I could park for a month right now and it would be no skin off my back.

It's not just truckers though, Americans as a whole are too lazy and pacified by their mobile devices and Facebook drama to do anything about it and as a result the status quo reigns supreme.

If today was 1776 the Boston Tea Party would have never happened

So, given that this is the 21st century and automation/electrification is a thing, what would you truckers like to have automated about your job?

Do you want to only park the truck and let it drive itself the whole time?
Diesel-electric series hybrids so the engine's just a generator?
Automatic highway driving so it just does the boring bits?
Pop-out drones for parking and tight corners, sensors everywhere, proximity radar on the highway?
Proximity sensors covering blind spots?
Power-assisted steering, brakes, mirrors, throttle-by-wire?
None at all, not even driver assists?
Even an electric starter is too much, make everything manually operated, even the wipers?
Real men don't even need pneumatic tires or suspension of any kind?
Steam traction?

>not pulling your load thousands of miles with your bare hands
are you a fucking pussy?

Clairvoyance of other drivers actions

>Steam traction?
Fuck Yeah!

Something like pic related going down the highway. Just needs more brass and visible flames.

I would like a system that automatically detects and filters stupid questions like this so we don't get soy boys like you in here asking the same thing two or three times a week

Real men don't need any assistance from even the simplest of machines. Inclined plane? More like inclined to be lame, amirite?

Zero automation, I'm a driver and want to do it all, even the boring stretches. What I'd ask is for the driver's seat to be turned into a toilet so I can shit and piss while I drive. Also I would like a blowjob machine installed into the driver's seat. That way I can keep driving and being productive instead of having to pull over every two hours to jack off

Easy, just attach a tenga to a clamp and affix it to the bottom of the steering wheel. It's perfect fuck height already.

Filtered.

You keep your circlejerk of 'board culture'. I apologise for trying to create actual discussion on Veeky Forums.
I guess all we need are tinpot dictator admins and this'll be just like reddit...

We don't need admins, we just don't need little bus riding faggots either. How do you think it would go over if you went to Veeky Forums proper and made a thread about EVs, CVTs, and shit like that. Do you think it would invoke any meaningful discussion or does it sound like shitposting to you. Just think before you post, retard.

Current inspiration

Oh better yet, go to /g/ and ask them about the iPhone X, or ask /v/ about their thoughts on racial and gender equality in the gaming industry. Man, just think about the potential for discussion!

you guys be interested in pictures of my dad doing truck pulling form the 80/90s?

need to get a new scanner

Ironic that you are trying to draw parallels to Reddit, considering your smug, condescending pro tech attitude is the boiler plate standard stance in shitholes like /r/futurism and /r/technology.

Yes we would.

That's cool. Would you try to get one of those old school aftermarket sleepers like that or keep it a daycab?

Seconded

Probably try to put an old style coffin on.
Being a 51 it has almost no sleeper design laws applicable to it.
Such as not needing to be directly connected to the drivers compartment.

Driver I noticed your blankets aren't very comfy. Gonna have to shut you down

>Properly equipped for sleeping
>No mention of pillows
Kek. Driver, we're going to have to administer a roadside sleeper comfort test.

How the fuck do you guys drive a rig this big?

WTF, how long is the training?

M8 that's not even big

Anywhere from around one week to six weeks, depending on the outfit one goes through.

Pics or it didn't happen.

The only reason those laws exist is due to companies treating drivers like shit.

Illegal in Canada
Trailer illegal with spreads open in California

>not big
Ya ya i get it. 280 isn't even considered stretch anymore

There's actually very little skill involved in driving these because every business serviced by them is accessed through a six lane road that you can easily make turns on, and company yards are almost always large enough to turn around in without having to back up.

You've literally never driven a truck before.

Oh I am laffin

>Illegal in Ganada
Wat. The spread axle trailer?

>t. Busrider

I think the overall dimensions. Canada allows a 244 in tractor wheelbase for a 53 ft trailer, which is juuust enough for the largest sleepers (might need a setback axle in some cases), and every inch the tractor is too long the trailer must be shorter.

Looks bigger in picture.
Was about to slide fifth wheel up
(For the first time ever)
Even after pulling ahead of the turn as wide as I could get and walking it back I just barely made it. With the steers almost falling off the hill and my trailer dragging up in the ditch.

They said some trucks can't make it up.