Sup m8's

Sup m8's,

I just got an Opel Vectra 2.0 DTI and for now its running pretty well.

What are your thoughts on this car?

Also general Opel thread?

It's fine. Design aged pretty well, hood lines that sweep into the side mirrors are kinda neat.
That diesel might be an Isuzu-sourced unit, which are fucking indestructible. Not 100% on that though.

Not a very special car but it was never intended to be.

Yes, i find that sweep really cool too. Yeah i think its a matter of luck cuz i have seen Isuzu units doing +500,000KM and it also depends a lot on the driver

I like them.
The diesels are usually really good but don't forget to take care of them

it really is a boring piece of shit. congratulations!

now I know where Nissan has that grill idea from.

vectra B ages better than I expected. the C looks so fucking bad though

Thats about 90% of the work am i right?

I was thinking about reprogramming it so it drinks less and still keep a little bit of the 2.0 power

I find it funny that people were so unable to cope with the fact that the Passat 35i does not have a grill up there and they actually slapped sticker grills on them

Yeah, the B wasnt very pretty but the C really gets the prize for that one

Thats not surprising, i think the grill makes the car look a lot more robust, still i wouldnt go for the stickers

>Also general Opel thread?
oy yes gurwa

I only like the older versions of corsa, A and B were the best for me

But the weird grille-less nose is the best part of that car

wow, very rude.

its like something is missing

its true, i mean just look at it
itz amazing

What made mid 90s to early 00s Opels so good?

i think its that fact you can do anything with it and most of them will ride for ages

damn these things vanished from the streets

I blame road salt

I can still find a few of them

I like this thread. Pic related. Bought her a few days ago. 1.9 CDTI with 150 hp. Autotragic. I LOVE it.

1.7 Isuzu owner here, over 400k on it. The only part that will shit itself is the EDU unit (basically an ECU for the fuel pump). Thankfully theres a number of them as they get restored as its the usual thing that gets fucked.

C is ok-ish. The facelift is worse though.

C was pretty cute imo, all happy and tight, simple lines. OPC version even looked great.

Its because its a boxy slab of a brick, Opel and Ford did it better because grilless design suits aero cars better,

>tfw saw a Corsa A sedan once

Looked pretty neat.

Diesel engines, a lot of them are still used as taxis. Ecotecs were kinda bad.

> drove Omega B in the Military (Germany)
> still looking for a clean 3 liter manual sometimes
> realize i don't need a second car

we had fun back in the days, but seems like we just shouldn't be together nowadays.

Feldjäger?

Jawohl - also the vehicle I learned on how to drive to protect VIPs.
> Personenschutz-Lehrgang
> implying I'd know the English word for it right now
well its time to stop drinking and time to start sleeping

have a good one y'all

Shittiest riding family car of the era
Depressing interior
Agricultural diesels from ISUZU
Should have gone for petrol + LPG

>Depressing interior
Implying there were interiors of bread and butter cars of that time that were not like that.
>inb4 some stupid ass expensive car as ~great example~
It was cheap but OK and certainly not more "depressing" than others of that time.

Kek

Petrol is too expensive

>Implying there were interiors of bread and butter cars of that time that were not like that.
Not even talking about the materials it's just plain ugly, even the Passat B4 which is an older design looks better

Hence LPG, you'll recoup your investment within a year of normal driving and then you'll be running even cheaper than on diesel

>LPG
You cant get the same power

The Diesel is an FCA unit, same one that goes in the 147 pretty much.

I think Opels are really nice looking cars, especially the cavalier
I was going to get a corsa until o told me how incredibly shit opels are

Nice rear end

I still see these fairly often. Though over here we don't need any salt, so cars tend to last longer. There is even a 1.3 GT (Nova SR in Bongland) close to me that is absolutely showroom new. Might try to snap a photo of it someday, still hoping I can make my B as good as that.

holy hell fucking showroom condition corsa B
that's really damn impressive

To be honest, it just left the paintshop last week. I'm hoping I can leave it in this state.
It's still far from finished though. Just in this side I need to find new badges for the rear, and find why the rear wiper stops at random positions.

>REEEEEE non-factory rear lights

It's the only mod I plan on it so far (save for maybe a cleaner exhaust tip), and I like these more than factory ones. I think it cleans the look from the original amber indicators without looking too ricey.

No.
1.7TD, 2.0 and 2.2 DTi were Isuzu engines, 1.3, 1.9 and later 2.0cdti were fca, better power and refinement but not as reliable as the Isuzus.

The modern 1.7 are shit, Isuzu doesn't build them anymore, GM does.

FCA wasn't even around when the Vectra was new you fucking retards

Fiat then.

I like the style
understated but with just enough class to get by
looks like it would be ok for traveling 3 or 4 hours or so
would need a little more power to be driven like psycho unless you have good roads

Opel/Vauxhall enthusiasts are always the fucking scummiest individuals at any car show.
Cars built for absolute fucking peasants.

>kinda want an omega or a calibra
>first one's expensive for a second hand while the second one's abused to fuck by boyracers

>expensive for a second hand
>omega
nigga what

Here in Finland only poor drug addicts drive 90s opels (usually astra, vectra or corsa).

didn't knew 100% of finland drove opels lmao

He's probably looking for something that costs 400euros running instead of something that costs 1200 in running condition

Nah, I'm looking for something that doesn't cost 3k+ in my currency. You can find a lot of stuff in good condition below that mark.

what cuntree is yours?

>3.0, 84k km, 2222€
surely there's something fishy about it

yes
it's an automatic but i filtered for manuel

Did someone say Opel?

burglargaria

Turning circle of a small house.

based Omega formed the basis for many generations of hoonmobiles

Factory ls1 and t56 as well.

Old Holden was based

Sadly new GM canned them and only bringing the Camaro over here for $100k+ aud absolutely stupid

Hnnng something about the v body with a big Aussie/yank v8 crammed in it makes my penis very long.

And they're replacing the old bogan chariot with another Opel, like they did back in the day to the Kingswood.
Except now the Opel in question is just another midsize FWD economy sedan with optional AWD and no room in the engine bay for a V8.

Pic related, the original Commodore that spawned all future Commodores.

And the one that replaced the Kingswood and started the Australian legend.