Does anyone else get unreasonably attached their cars?

Does anyone else get unreasonably attached their cars?

I have to trade in my ‘11 Taco next week. Excited for the new truck but fuck if it doesn’t feel like I am losing a pet.

It was a good run, truckboattruck. I’ll miss you.

Why and what are you trading for?

yes I frequently make poor decisions based solely on emotional connection to my belongings

I cried when I totaled my car especially because I wasn't at fault. Up to this day I have not been able to replace that hole in my heart.

Family is growing and two car seats and a 6’5” dude can’t fit comfortably inside an access cab. Also, need something that can tow a boat or fifth wheel.

Ram 2500 Cummins is the anointed replacement.

That sucks man. Glad to know I am not alone in my emotional attachment to things flavor of autism.

Cool, how much will it add up to? Those zr2's look great

My 06 CRV is a rolling pile of AC repairs and radiator leaks but I'm probably not ever going to sell it

Does anyone else have an unreasonably small dick?

Trading my first car, hit in the feels, but not after that. After my first car, my other cars and bikes have "gone to a good home".

I cried when my car was totaled over a fender dent that was the fault of the lady that hit me...
luckily I was able to buy it back from insurance and made $3k in the whole ordeal.

I searched for the car for 3 years and had it for 3 months when the old bat hit me. It was hard to find because it was 1) low-volume production, 2) fully loaded with a manual transmission and 3) I live in the rust belt.
I pulled the dent and touched up the paint, but now the trans took a shit on me.

I love this car and will keep it until it dies.

MSRP is $53k, hopeful I will get out the door for under $40. That looks like it will happen. Depends on what rebates are in force when I take delivery next week.

Not sure how ZR2s fit in? I agree they look great though

No, just you pal. Sorry about that. I hear that if you take an entire bag of coarse salt and shove it up your ass you might gain a few inches.

Yes, many of my friends keep telling me my car is a useless money pit. But its always been there for me and it always starts and gets me where I need to go. Yes it has more faults than I care to even start listing, yes it looks a cobbled together mess but i'm never getting rid of it.

crew cab cummins trucks are very nice, I bought a 2012 Laramie about 3 weeks ago and have already driven it across the US.

They get better mileage if you live somewhere without echeck and delete all the emissions bullshit.

pic related but not my truck

>truckboattruck

Yeah, that’s where my roommate at the time got the name. I miss that show.

Lemme tell ya about being attached to a car

This Tacoma was my first vehicle, it's what I learned to drive, but it's only 2wd, which sucks for off-road reasons. Now instead of just selling it and buying a new truck, I've alreadystarted collecting parts to convert it to 4x4. New transmission, new drive shafts, front diff, spindles, and CV axles. Just because I love this truck too much to try to replace it

Godspeed to you sir

Sadly I am stuck in Cali for career and family reasons. They give you the death penalty out here for playing around with your emissions gear.

When I retire, if I still have the Cummins, I have feeling everything after the turbo will fall off on my way to retire in Tennessee.

>anyone else get unreasonably attached their cars?
not usually. but for me, vehicle is just a tool for utility, maybe a toy for fun, nothing else

now my motorcycle that's different story.
big sentimental attachment to motorcycle because of reasons

Some utter and complete piece of shit that you would never allow to get within 20 feet of your truck will now be driving it. At least for a week before he trashes it and moves on to someone elses old friend.

I had my first car for 10 years and never even took a picture.

Why would anyone get attached to their car. Isn't that the same as attached to a vibrating dildo?

Same Here i can trade my Cars all day but fuck if i have to give my bike away, id rather buy a new bike and stiĺl keep my old Bike

tfw no Frontera