Jack of all trades, master of none

What would be the Veeky Forums's definition of vanilla car?
For me, the VW Golf, all generations.

Nice quality
Nice reliability
Nice driving
Nice looking

The DejaVu Sans of cars.

>nice reliability
>nice quality
2/10 made me reply

Dead memes...

If i ever see another american coming with the german car reliability meme im going to lose my shit

Its not our fault you autistic shits dont know how to drive, get your license by accelerating and braking on a wal mart parking lot, dont maintain your cars regulary, have shit roads, cant shift manual and think 60 mph is ultra fast

no wonder german cars dont fit your joke of a country

Having worked at a VW dealer in the Twin Cities for almost a year, I'm inclined to think this is the case. Virtually every non-enthusiast driver gives two shits about preventative maintenance and seeks the most simple, basic, uncomplicated appliance. The base Mk.7 Golf with a 5spd is damn near the perfect daily driver, but normie drivers will be damned if they don't buy a Camry, or Civic, or Legacy because they heard a nightmare story about how unreliable their neighbors 230k mile 02 Jetta was.

vw is shit

A car isn't reliable if it needs $5000 a year in maintenance and repairs. VW fanboys are the worst for not admitting this.

Why do people do this?

The "VW is unreliable" meme came about because a lot of VW drivers are the second or third owner of a car that has been neglected.

Let's face it, most non-car people neglect their cars. Once a car is fucked, it is very expensive to unfuck it. If you were to buy a new VW (not the best idea), and gave it the proper maintenance the owner's manual suggests, it would last you many years.

My first car was my dad 1997 Golf which he bought new and maintained very well. I started driving it in 2009 when it had 150k miles and it never gave me any problems at all. The only reason I even stopped driving it is because it was totaled when I hit a deer last year.

2000 Camry

>can last forever if you take care of it
>perfect daily driver
>perfect babby's first car
>looks good, nothing insane looking
>handles very fun
>has great power if you need it (lotus took the exact engine of the xe v6 and put it inside one of their newer models)
>replacement parts are cheap and fairly abundant
On top of all this, it's a fairly cheap car. You can pick them up for $2000 to $6000 depending on how much the owner took care of it.

I agree. But also, most regular sedans from 2000 cost $2k-6k so the Camry isn't always cheaper

True. I'm a little biased, having a camry myself.

Are you trying to say that people who buy japanese cars are more likely to be enthusiasts that take care of their cars more?

>(lotus took the exact engine of the xe v6 and put it inside one of their newer models)
wrong. that's the 2GR, not the 1MZ.

non M bmw

and even then lotus is a featherweight MR sportscar that can use all that power not an FF landyacht filled with unnecesary luxury.

>Good at nothing except making you look like a faggot
>Jack of all trades

I don't think so user

>>can last forever if you take care of it
that's literally every car tho you fucking brainlet

Any Japanese sedan from 98 onward. They are “car” in the simplest form of the word. Any economy sedan from America or Europe has nothing on a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry as far as normiemobiles are concerned. However, now that every manufacturer has like 3 identical crossovers on their lineup, those have come close to taking the title of “car”

all fags now drive audi
bmw is great at being avarage at everything and being a great base for a racecar.
I used to hate bmw thanks to its following but now they've all moved to a dogshit tier poorfag brand audi cause its cheaper so bmw is left to be free and used by enthusiasts.
I'd still never own one tho, they are too boring and there's too many of them

>being a great base for a racecar.

I sure as fuck hope you're not talking about any BMW newer than 2005

not vws

read the thread before replying

also maybe get a drivers license already. enjoy your bus ride

Not him, but Japanese cars are more tolerant of abuse and neglect.

its a proven miracle that japanese cars are marvels of engineering when some dumb poverty tier used car loan nigger can get his honda accord v6 to 200k miles guaranteed

>buy gti with dsg
>everyone telling me it’s an unreliable piece of shit
>download apr tune
>LOL BRO HAVE FUN WITH YOUR BRICK
>drive it like an absolute madman until 85k miles when the turbo started leaking
>replace with golf r turbo
>even more power now
>at 140k miles still with no problems

Lel

It's built to last for 1000 years.

That's kinda what I was getting at.
You can completely ignore routine maintenance and it will survive.

Where Germans can't comprehend that someone would go 50k miles without changing their oil, I'm pretty sure the Japanese specifically engineer expecting it.

Is that why you hardly ever see them around anymore?

they retard proof their cars as much as possible

germans and stupid white ppl for whatever reason jack off to the over engineering that is an inherent part of their design philosophy. these are the same kinds of faggots that will tell you the german tiger was the best tank of the war with zero fucking clue to how shitty it was in reality of driving that fucking thing through anything other than IDEAL conditions

jesus christ people just really want to associate high maintenance with quality but they have zero track time or real driving experience and just want to parrot memes about brands hoping it will make them look like car guys when the closest thing they are to being is a cocksucking nazi apologist

gonna shoot in the dark and say you live in the land of the fat and home of the only country in a world
>yeah im just gonna gloss over the fact that its a 30 year old car so i wil say that hehe i have good rekt lines

i was lurking this thread but i just wanna say lol @ u in particular because you definitely thought that you're clever when trying to read your post has made my brain more retarded for even trying to parse it

The panther wasn't so bad, at least

Not my problem that you can't read.
Now go ahead, tell me why VW Golf 2 is a bad car

overpriced car for young upper middle class white males hoping to impress people with their "sleeper" because they saw a youtube vid of a highly modified one smoking a porsche and 350z

more people lease these than poor nigs leasing acura TLs

>car is good
>but in 2017 some retards drive said car
>that makes it bad
Ok

car is average at best. nobody in their right mind builds these into anything cool outside central europe where it is less of a money pit to sit on your gay badge

vw owners be like
>lol look at me im sporty and bad with money
>doesn't race or track
>hey my car isnt that bad okay it has history behind it
>something that an entry level car enthusiast can fix on a lazy sunday breaks
>better take this to the dealership and tell all my friends how expensive it is but lol at least im not in a miata
>would get smoked by a miata at the track

But why does that even fukin matter man
I dont give a shit about stance underage faggots or stickerbomb children ffs
Im talking about a car which is made to be reliable, drive easely over 300.000km, is simple to fix, you know the stuff OP asked about in the first place
My father drove one for 16 years, and it never let him down. he wasnt "sporty and bad with money", he owned a car which served him well and was easy to fix.
And you keep talking about modifications and probably some vw fan club scene people but that shit doesnt matter, car didnt come out of the factory with cambered wheels and stuff

lol user got real quiet now

>Im talking about a car which is made to be reliable, drive easely over 300.000km, is simple to fix,
None of this applies to a Golf, especially compared to something like a Civic or Corolla

not talking about stancefags. they know no limits to brands

vw is meme tier and only sells because of their country of origin and associating it with having enough money to spend on style over substance lmfao

your dad could buy a kia and cuckcradle it for years before selling it as "not so bad". doesnt make them any less shitty of a manufacturer

>simple, basic, uncomplicated

This is bad how?

Ergo more reliable

the dubs and trips are out of control today

listen up Veeky Forums... VW sucks and that's okay. Audi is decent enough but please stop trying to fool everyone with your shitty taste that hasn't been relevant outside of a bullshit national scandal in years

>Audi is decent enough
Audi is even worse because they sell the same shit as VW with meme """"AWD"""" tacked on and maybe add some real metal and leather in the interior instead of fake stuff

The design for the 2000 camry is to me the essence of what an A to B sedan should be. I love it. Functional, not ostentatious, it's just a car.

*rusts*

yeah but they got the TT which is the entry level track miata of germany

It's also a literal overpriced VW Beetle

vw cucks btfo itt

is this the chevy of eu?

audi the acura for suburban white boys that think germany is better because they made some cool guns and porsches

No, it's because the cars are garbage and parts are expensive for us.

>b..but my DAD likes VW so...

lol he thinks 150k miles is worth mentioning because his friends drove dodge sedans

op please go to the german reliability thread and try not to cry

>none of this applies to a Golf
hahah, ok
>your dad could buy a KIA
Are you gay or something?
OH NO, A CAR MADE OUT OF STEEL IS RUSTING, HOW DARES IT
[MURICA INTENSIFIES]
I've got better stuff to do than to wait for your shitty answers you know

It's a shame what the Camry has turned into. Pic related.

Had a 2005 Jetta 2.0 GLS. For 7 years, put 100,000 km on it and cost me 2 years.

Reliable, im just less retarded now

That thing never needed any gas, ran in any weather (not uncommon for -42 in the winter)

fuck what is going on with that front end

it's like 5 different people designed it separately and they just combined everything into one shitty face