Why are all headunits so buttfuckin ugly

why are all headunits so buttfuckin ugly

Other urls found in this thread:

jaycar.com.au/in-dash-mp3-player-with-radio/p/QM3781
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because 80% of all amateur tuners have no taste and normies just use the standard installed headunit.

Excuse me?

I guess he means the ones you can still buy new.

because stock headunits on modern cars look better then any aftermarket shit anyway

Can I put a radio from a different manufacture in my car?

I agree. Hard to find something decent.

And the touchscreen UI on most stereos are deplorable.

Give me the basics, advanced controls and ability to find them in one press.

Like one oem unit into a different car? Probably but without adjustable settings it might not work properly

probably because you look at cheap ones or have shit tastes

its easy to find more simple ones

being outdated 80s garbage doesnt make it look good hipster

good for older cars

no one fuckin sells em though

>plastic chrome
>glossy sun reflecting plastic
>not garbage

Becker or Nakamishi

ebay my dude

Ebay vintage blaupunkt. Your welcome.

That VDO unit is sold on JEGS apparently. It looks pretty nice, but I wish it had the amber lighting of the Kienzle to match the rest of the lighting in my car. Blue is pretty harsh and they cost like $150.

Clarion is releasing a single din marine unit in the coming months called the m508 or something that looks good.

Image didn't attach

>calling people hipster
>t. pansexual

>but I wish it had the amber lighting

Continental got you bruh

I dont see how not caring about gender makes you a hipster

was just thinking the same thing

im looking at android headunits from china that i can root and run emulators on and they surprisingly have nice clean interfaces

fuck anything else at this point

Just bought one. Thank you, otherwise I was gonna hold out for that Clarion.

I like it

fugg

shiny and chrome

I have a newer version of this same head unit and I think it works really well in my car. Would look almost oem if I had darker trim on my dash.

>that grey steering wheel

G E R I A T R I C

Post it when you put it in

Oh I know. This car is about a geriatric/lesbian as they come. It's beige on beige. Only redeeming features are awd and 5spd.

Another good choice for E30/E36 is the Becker Indianapolis Pro

If you take it apart you can flip over the LCD polarizer to have dark background/amber text which matches everything else perfectly

we get it you overpaid for a shitty hipster head unit no need to spam it in every thread retard

Proof that it matches E36 digital displays

I think mine looks pretty good to be honest.

In an E30

Someone post something that would look good in pic related

needs bluetooth, usb, and aux

not my pic but yeah

Is that a cavalier?

Double DIN FTW.

>love head unit (analog controls and buttons)
>every replacement is touch screen bullshit
Fucking a. Pic is related but not me.

Can't add a preamp without upgrading the head right ?

>automatic

>Not using minidisc as your hipster audio format

>have to buy discontinued high end mastering equipment to record or put up with Sony's garbage proprietary compression.

>compression
lol no. CDs are lossless - the FLAC of physical media, if you will.

>$500 for a broken example
>$2,500 NIB

Will be problematic. Even stock headunit looks ugly and out of place. I own Golf Mk4 and nothing but stock one looks good. New headunits look good only on newish cars.

44,100 samples per second with a 16 bit depth offering 65,536 possible integer units per sample and 96.33 dB of signal to noise ratio. However, with pulse code modulation, compression during signal processing includes loss of resolution.

If you want better audio, 192khz sample rate with 32 bit depth, 4,294,967,296 possible integer values per sample and 192.66 db signal to noise ratio, in pure PCM audio is best. However, most devices can't handle such a level of perfection.

yeah I was just asking to see if theres anything good while I wait for the canbus adapter to arrive

I bought pic related because it's literally the best I could find that isn't overly expensive and wouldn't need to arrive from fucking Germany or some shit like that

You'd think there'd be more head units with modern features being made to suit older cars considering half the cars on the road are from the 90s-early 2000s
It's just every fucking modern headunit has that annoying glossy plastic which sticks out in any fucking modern car

Also, for some reason it seems difficult to find head units that doesn't have blue

pic related could be pretty nice in my car but the blue dials ruin it

You don’t have to make this thread every time you’re thinking of upgrading your head unit.

i had to buy a new head unit recently and was shocked to find that almost all of them were red or blue or anything but green. now i have a blue cd player and green everything else because i'm not paying an extra 40 dollars for a unit that matches 99 percent of car interiors

just get a multimedia, a big screen looks very neutral unlike double din silver/blue head units
CDs are a dead medium

This is the radio that came with the car.

this is what i put in i bought second hand

tfw you have superhuman hearing

Jaycar does

it's really not difficult to hear the difference between 128kbps mp3s and 192kbps, especially in a song with a wide range of tones.
Eurobeat for example, you get the bass but also high-pitched synth, and a lower quality file noticeably loses definition. The bass and percussion become indistinct, you can no longer hear the waveform in any synthesizer tones, they just turn into annoying doofy bass and beepy synth, which is not at all what the music actually sounds like. You can also hear compression artifacts like faint rainstick noises in the vocals.

That's so ugly that I like it

i just got this thing, probably gonna crash trying to navigate through 256gb thumb drive of pirated 1990's high schooler music

uh, yeah
that's not what he was talking about though

Im about to install this beaut in my 2007 legacy as soon as the double din-dashkit arrives.
A bit expensive, but it does look pretty clean and simple.

Sony XAV-AX100

I had the same one in my MRS.
Threw it out instantly before I even got home from the import lot and slapped on fz102e

>lol no. CDs are lossless - the FLAC of physical media, if you will.
>CDs
Way to not read the post at all.
We're discussing Minidiscs, which, if you use the "easy" way to record an MD, uses Sony's proprietary ATRAC compression and sounds like absolute garbage to anyone with working ears. If you want to make an MD that does not sound like ass you need a real MD recorder, like a Yamaha MD8.

>"lolno"ing me when you have no fucking clue what you are talking about
kill yourself.

literally posts my headunit
lol i like it, it changes colors and has a lot of cool systematic audio options

pretty neat
that volume dial is too small though

that's a fishing rod, retard

>tumblr
welp

I just bought a compatible OEM head unit from a different Honda. My cassette deck didn't work and I wanted to be able to listen to my CDs, plus I can hack an aux into the changer port.
The first one (pictured was locked though and the seller naturally didn't have a code so I had to get a refund and buy another identical unit, hooray).

Also shout out to Denon's DCT Z1, shame they're all 300 bucks and up on eBay.

>tfw you just want an e-ink display that looks like the original analog radio dial

I had that radio in my mustang when the factory cd player shit the bed. I could never get it to stop its autistic flashing changing colors. Someone totalled out my mustang a year later and I didn't even bother pulling that piece of shit out of it.

ITT: poor fuckers

You should just kill yourself if your car didn't come from the factory with CD and satellite radio.

They both look awful and out of place.

At least it has a fucking dial. A rare sight on a double din

Be sure to get a USB dsp, a decent one.
The sound out is deplorable on those Chinese units.

$1000 later..

>that i can root and run emulators on
Fucking why?

>>that i can root and run emulators on
>Fucking why?

Emulators I can agree is retarded, maybe fun when having to wait on someone or you have a road trip with friends.

Rooting for your own apps, I plan to have my unit connected to my ECU for diagnostics etc.

ur car doesnt even run

>cheap glossy plastic little tykes bullshit
>fake chrome
yeah I have shit taste

I really wish I could still find the Jaycar version, the green backlighting goes better with Japanese cars.

It's weird how you can't find it on the website anymore...

Anyways, luckily enough I've got the link bookmarked! Hopefully there's one in a store near you, user.

jaycar.com.au/in-dash-mp3-player-with-radio/p/QM3781

I live in the US, so it was never happening. But white backlighting isn't terrible.

Ah I see. That's a shame. A white backlight sounds like it'd look nice desu. I've seen ones with red/orange too, doesn't look bad either.

Pic related. It's the updated version. It's partially in German but I may just have to bite the bullet and deal with it.

It's ok, I plan on buying this one as well,fuck OP

Looks good! I think this honestly might be the only head unit I've seen that has that proper modern look without looking like it's come straight out of a rice-mobile.

The only thing I don't like about mine is that it can't charge or read my phone through the USB port, and can only read USBs, unlike the Japanese head unit which came with my car. So now I've got to use the AUX cord and can't charge my phone.

It kinda works in older German cars that came with Becker radios. It'd certainly look better in my W116 than the Kenwood CD player it has now.

Where can I find a double DIN that doesnt have a touchscreen.

I just put all my music on an old flash drive and stuck it in the rear USB port. If I need to play something from the phone, I use A2DP (and a proper charger with QC support for charging)

If you don't want a touchscreen, why not get a single DIN unit and a DIN shelf/box/cupholder to plug the empty space?

Please stop posting here, nobody likes you

I have a different model but looks almost exactly the same

HOLY SHIT SOMEONE ELSE STILL HAS ONE OF THESE.

I've been using MD's since the early 00's, and STILL have one of these head units in one of my cars, WORKING.

Thought I was the only person on earth that had one!

Friendly reminder that sub 100 bucks cheap ass head units are fire hazards.

Anyone sell this in Aus?

Most cars Veeky Forums drives are, cheap head units or not.

tfw my stock head unit looks like anaftermarket

>can only store 3 bluetooth profiles
Pioneer is trash

My car has been on fire once

sony rsx gs9 if you have a grand to spare and speakers to match