/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Never too many accessories edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.
[Jun 29] Luma 8.1 has been released, provides small fixes and adds an option to disable exception vectors, among other things. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1

>Switch
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible. (Cross-thread)
-A Pyton script has been released. twitter.com/SciresM/status/887199230103826432
[Jun 27] The SDK was leaked.

>Wii U
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint. Setting your DNS to 168.235.092.108 and 081.004.127.020 blocks the update.
-It also features a currently unused message about Miiverse being shut down.

>DSi
[Jul 2] RocketLauncher, an early boot DSi exploit for 1.4, has been announced. It requires a flashcard. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/881584509401083904

>Vita
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/
github.com/bubble2k16/snes9x_3ds/blob/master/snes9x_3ds.cia
wololo.net/2017/07/14/future-ps4-mtx-modchip-already-uncertain-release/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Palantine

First for DS ROM loading was a pretty cool experiment.

Pleasantly reasonable imposter.

GBARunner2 is cooler.

First for PS4 piracy fucking when ???

and Xbox One

does anyone care about this console?

>[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/
Who even asked for this? What use is there for it? It'd be useful to share ps4 games with your best friends IF they didn't also need to have a MTX key on their ps4, that way a group of friends could pool their spare change to buy a digital game on the MTX console and share it between them, kinda like a sex slave.

nevermind, the git got a compiled cia from the last commit
github.com/bubble2k16/snes9x_3ds/blob/master/snes9x_3ds.cia

Xbone would be cool if you could capture the HDMI in to a file

Any sound hacks for n3DS and Luma 7.0.5?
I'm trying to enjoy the Phoenix Wright games (mind you, I even bought them legitimately) but it's difficult when the volume is locked software-side at a pathetic sub-80db whisper.
Do I need to seriously buy a headphone amplifier, or can something be done software side?

don't worry, it's never going to come out anyway

wololo.net/2017/07/14/future-ps4-mtx-modchip-already-uncertain-release/

>nintendo bans my 3ds
oh no wait they didn't because im not a retard who fell for tranny cfw meme
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon anyway
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping because vita has no games
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
>use that money to order myself a pizza from domino's
oh wait i dont because domino's is trash
>go to based little caesars instead
>get a hot n ready pepperoni pizza
oh wait i dont because im not a poorfag
>go to costco
>order a cheese pizza
>go home and eat my pizza
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony and domino's and fuck little ceasar's

go through all that trouble to not spend money
>claims not poorfag

>user spamming up the thread
oh no wait where'd it go

He could be a turbojew.

Thats not the latest. The latest would be dba30f3 not 128835a

why do you hate fun?

New public seed where?

a few threads ago

>none stop shitposting of the same thing in every thread is fun
When will summer end?

Just got a Vita, trying to copy a vpk on through the content manager/video bubble and QCMA by renaming it as .mp4, but it tells me "Cannot copy files that are not compatible with this system"

I just installed the Taiko no Tatsujin DLC for Vita and no new songs are showing up. How do I access the DLC any one know?

I am thinking of getting a pstv, If I will it will probably be used, will I be able to hack it?

i forgot how to inject the friendcodeseed. i just need to copy it, right? but where to again?

>used
Chances are the person will update it trying to disconnect their PSN.

read the pastebin

yeah found it. pastebin is a mess though

is there has 360 homebrew/modding gotten any better as of late? any new methods like running games off of external drive or something like that?

Don't forget to dissable spotpass to reduce the chances of getting banned

No, you still need a modchip and all the guys who were working on it moved on to the xbone (kek), 2 birds with one stone since microcock's backwards compatibility is great.

My 3DS is still on 11.2.0-35E and I haven't really been on it since the really easy homebrew guide came out.
Can I just simply update my 3DS through nintendo update? or do I need to go another route. Do I need to update luma or anything else?

I don't really know what I'm doing

Tried to update luma by going on the app, and when I went to update it said download failed.
Is there a way to do this through FBI?
Does alh9 ever need updating?

I know alh9 is what allows the CFW but no idea what luma does

Can I inject FDS roms on 3ds?
I'd like to play Castlevania with better music.

isn't there an option of factory reset or something like that?

>smartphone
Disgusting.

Also REQUIRED to leave the screen on at all times for mic.

hey, since im a dumbfuck that is usually shit with system transfers; you think there's going to be another soundhax for 11.5? I know magnethax is a thing but I'm not really sure what that entails. I just want to not fuck up my n2ds. I did install arm9 on my old 3ds, but that was in 11.3 with soundhax

where da switch roms at

SO how big are you gonna go for sd2vita, /hbg/?
I'm thinking about going for a 128, since 256 seems way too expensive (over double the price of a 128 gig card as far as I can see).

eShop.

why are you using qcma? if you can install vpks you must have access to molecularshell, so just do it over ftp

Summer will never end.

No where. The abominations being released by the scene groups right now are just decrypted ExeFS and RomFS dumps.

Whatever you say ScrotuM

circlejerking against devs is just as bad as circlejerking with them

Sighers Emm, post your Switch IDA code loader.

How do I fix this?

you should visit support.nintendo.com

>got my n3dsxl yesterday
>hacked it
>tfw saved over $600 on games
>already have 19 hours of play time
Playing a handheld in bed is just so comfy.

Of course ScrotuM. We are always supposed to be on your side.

no
but I have it though
will release when someone releases something better

Stop posting. Forever.

There's a ds emulator made with wifi in mind, i've played pokemon black online with it and it works

Name of the emulator please?

It's an old branch of DeSmuME.

MelonDS

melonDS only supports local wifi multiplayer, ie DS-to-DS. No WFC stuff.

Dunno if it's only for me but MelonDS v0.4 isn't running very smoothly compared to DeSmuME

melonDS is still early in development. It's not really useable ATM.

No

latest public seed when?

What are you playing?

>tfw no bed to play games in

Quick question that may/may not apply here but I'm gonna ask anyway.

Does hacking consoles have any effect in getting a Cisco Security+ cert? This applies for everything about modding/hacking consoles, either for just homebrew apps or piracy. I know they ask for 'honesty' but I'll have to get this cert sometime in the future.

Pic unrelated.

Yes. Don't lie about that shit otherwise you could get locked up in maximum security for at least three life sentences.

Is it not just another cert done on a simulator like ccna?
Still better than comptia and microsoft shit, the most moronic answer is often the right one.
I'd ask /g/.

anyone got a link for the 4.50 SDK?

I've mostly been playing MH4u and Link between worlds. I've also played Mario Kart 7 online which I probably shouldn't have because of the recent banwave. I don't really care about online that much since there's only 2 decent online games.

Hey I haven't really been in the scene since april. Heard there was a huge banwave in may and I haven't really fucked around with my 3DS since. Has that whole thing been settled, and what are the big updates (other than A9LH->B9S)?

Is it possible to play Local Multiplayer on DesMuME?

What game

Local multiplayer only in melonDS. Online multiplayer only in some old builds of DeSmuME.

work on your google-fu nigger. the npc's name is right there.

Are bug bounties really that effective at preventing exploit leaks? It's surprising how PS4 hacking feels like it stopped cold when it's the most popular console by far.

Why are you using ftp? If you have vitashell you also have molecularshell, and that can turn your vita into a usb device for even faster transfer.

Dragon Quest IX

MelonDS is clunky (Quality FPS) right now, we'll have to wait.
Old builds of DeSmuME: Wifi yes
Old builds of DeSmuME: Local Multiplayer No

If you spent millions to get on top, would you want to risk making any of that money back?
And course they are effective. It's offering coders money just for finding an exploit. Doesn't even have to enable piracy.

>get n3dsxl
>only too screen is ips
>hack it
>free 3ds, gba, snes, nes, gbc games
>dig out some old r4 that i got years ago
>YSMENU it for revival
>now i also have free ds games
>all of this in 1 console
Now i need a mugen battery and everything will be set.

Ain't been around for a while, I'd appreciate some help if possible.

Using B9S, what version of Luma should I be using and how do I check?
Also is it safe to update my system? I'm on 11.4-0-37E

i just wanted smash mods man
new wii u exploit when

>there will be an hbc for switch before we even get a public kernel exploit for the ps4

Dumb frogposter deserves it. I knew the ps4fags were shitposting trash.

Is there an easy PS2 softmod method?
Someone in a thread yesterday said there was a way using just an SD Card but I couldn't find it.

Not unless you have an SD to IDE and Network adaptor lol

ps4 does have public kernel though, dumb poorfag frogposter

>tfw afraid to turn wifi back on, so technically banned
must..keep..3ds......pristine

Just bought a Wii U and it automatically updated to 5.5.2. How fucked am I?

Pretty.

>buys Wii U
>connects to wifi before consulting any sort of guide on /hbg/

not fucked at all. you made a great purchase. there are some great nintendo games you can buy.

>5.5.2 patches the browser exploit that we’ll be using.

Yeah I don't have any of that crap
I guess I'll just wait another 15 years and see if there are easier mod options then.
One day, I'm sure.

>only too screen is ips
What did you mean by this? Your bottom screen is IPS and top is TN? Both of mine are TN unfortunately (n3dsxl pearl white EU).

just buy a freemcboot memory card

what exactly is going on in OP image?

autism

attempting to contact alien lifeforms

Does Splat22n make you update your Switch?

I was planning on buying a few multiplayer games so I always have them around, but I'm not gonna pay 60€ for BotW and similar games