/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #830 - Infinite Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

SEGA Cuts Ties with Archie Comics; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

Several Sonic Events Happening at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sounds-of-sonic-music-event-set-for-san-diego-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-augmented-reality-experience-coming-to-sdcc/

Tons of new info on Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric Development Found
tssznews.com/2017/07/11/tons-of-new-info-on-sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-development-found/

Sonic Mania Vinyl Album Announced
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/878297582383976449

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Goddamn you beat me to it.

First for Amy's panties

Too slow.

I AM THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS

diaper*

This general belongs to edgelords now.

STORY PREDICTION TIME
So people have already theorized that the non infinite enemies are fakes based on the fact that Chaos flashed. This seems fairly likely. The question is, why show them at all if they're just fakes? My theory is that they're Infinite's creations, and that we'll still fight them, they'll just be slightly less powerful than the originals.
This does beg the question - why fake Zavak and Metal Sonic? Aren't they already on Eggmans side? Well, maybe they aren't all fakes. Shadow had a weird eye thing going on in the trailer, maybe he's brainwashed. Metal Sonic and Zavak are the originals, and Chaos is the only fake. Shadow probably brainwashed by Infinite, with Chaos created by him.

These are my two theories. I'd love to hear any other interpretations.

repost because new thread

Fucking Veeky Forums's post cooldown. I was updating constantly and the moment I did post I still got fucked

>Implying she doesn't go commando

I honestly think Shadow might be a fake,too, look at his eyes, they have no life in them.

Amy is a big girl who makes sure to take a tinkle after every zone to avoid accidents

tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

guess we arent getting Linkin Park to do a main theme ever

>Zavok
>On Eggman's side
Looks like someone didn't get too far into Lost World. Can't say I blame you.

>making a thread before bumplimit
kys

I AM THE BIGGEST OF BANES

Sonic should lose in Forces!

I hate Infinite's theme song. Not because it's edgy, not because it's catchy, but those lyrics are goddamn awful.

I miss when Johnny was writing lyrics. He knew how to be subtle. Now it's "I'M DANGEROUS AND SO COOL AND I'LL KILL YOU ALL"

Yeah, I'm reading his wiki page now. He could be a fake too. Dunno honestly. Could be a repeat of Lost World with eggman having something over him as well.

Not with all those panty shots.

>More than once I've made a thread, all ready to go, only for someone to make a new thread and post it when we weren't even at bump limit, or literally right at it

I still listen to them since some months. First ironically, but with time I started to legitimately appreciate them while not taking myself too seriously. I was really hoping that after One More Light they would understand what happened and deliver a good album once again but pretty white boi decided to hang himself. I'm mad.

>not because it's catchy
not because it's not catchy**

What the fuck? Who do you think you are? I'll have you know I'm the tallest of mountains, I am the roughest of waves! I'm the toughest of terrors, I am the darkest of days! I'm the last one that's standing, They'll try to stand in my way! Cause I've been Up against better Just take a look at my face! Cause if you're messing with me, I am a dangerous weapon! I am the sharpest of blades, I'll cut you down in a second! Cause I was born in this pain, It only hurts if you let it So if you think you can take me, Then you should go and forget it!

So, anyone have any ideas on who the character on the left is?

It's Buddy/Rookie/Custom Hero

Is this the Sonic equivalent of "what the fuck did you say to me you little bitch" now?

>Not starting out with "What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?"
Ya dun goofed.

Is Infinite a big guy?

>Wake up to the news about Infinite
I've been a on a big 2000s nostalgia kick lately & that song made me feel like I went back to 2002. I fucking unironically love it.

>The video of Sonic getting BTFO
Awesome. Very rarely the the last few games have had Sonic just get his ass kicked & it was so fun to see.

Forces & Mania can't come soon enough.

>sharing posts from /sthg/ in the SFGHQ Discord
cringey as fuck

>had a tread ready
>even had the hard boiled heavies song in it as well as the rest of what's in this OP
>faggot posts it early

Who 8-bit here?

Is Rouge the pinnacle of Adventure era design?

You guys think Aaron will post about Chester's death on S_H? Considering the mortifyingly awkward timing of all of this? Is it better that he doesn't?

I could never get past Bridge Zone's auto-scrolling section.

I mean why would he, unless he actually DID have a part in forces.

I never got that fucking emerald.

Why would he, though? It's not Linkin Park doing music for Forces.

AMY IS CUTE!

Jesus Christ, I can't believe Baneposting still gets me to crack up in 2017.

What I mean is the whole joking about LE EDGE and all that stuff. An hour ago it was fine, but now it's in poor taste and all around uncomfortable. It might give a wrong impression to some people, bring in bad press, that sort of thing

My father thought Infinite is cool but generic at the same time.

That might give meme man pause, but do you really think it'll stop anyone else?

Why? It's a bit slow, but short and music makes it bearable.
>I never got that DAMN emerald
It isn't that hard, compared to some Sonic Chaos ones.

Don't worry people aren't that stupid to make this link. They PLAY stupid but this would be plain bad taste

I agree with the A E S T H E T I C S. I just suck at autoscrolling levels in general. I couldn't get past the Game Gear version of Underground Zone either (never tried Master System).

I was incredibly iffy about the custom character playing a big role in the story, but was hugely relieved when I found put it's not so much your character that's important, but all recruits of the resistance. Your character isn't some Mary Sue, they're one of many newly recruited members of the resistance that must carry out important missions along with all the other custom characters. It's more that the resistance is important to the story and not so much your character, we merely see what one new soldier is going through.

IMHO they executed this as absolutely perfectly as possible, and I think it's positively brilliant.

What if Shadow in Forces is an android?

The theme of infinite
Worh it for naruto vs sasuke amv music

At least he won.

Where were you when Infinite was too edgy for Linkin Park to even handle?

The OC is going to be connected to Infinite and you're going to be 100% wrong and disappointed.

>never tried Master System
You should.
Game Gear ones are pretty hard considering that knowing a level layout is a requirement for them.

Also works well as wrestling intro music.

>Eggman with a visibly closed mouth
squick

Someone needs to make an AMV with Infinite's theme

No, he's not. Nakamura and Iizuka have confirmed that your Avatar is just a ordinary citizen joining the Resistance. He doesn't have any connections with Infinite.

So far you're the only soldier every one is praising for shit they could be doing.

What if Infinite is from the Bad End of Sonic 2 GG?

Since Infinite got his own theme song, does that mean Sonic might get his own too?

Serious question. Who was to blame for 06's horrendous development?

POST YOUR FACE WHEN YOU HEARD INFINITES THEME

Everyone involved.

SEGA executives.
We basically got a beta version.

Sega of Japan. In Japan, people are ridiculously brand loyal, even moreso than in America. They will eat up anything a gaming company gives them, even if it's literal shit. They won't complain about it either. They buy without question. SoJ wanted to get the game out for a Christmas release so they just straight up released it. Since Sega is a Japanese company, they expected the American and European audience to buy the game and keep quiet about it just like their Japanese audience would.

Fist Bump probably serves as it. But I hope he does have his own personal theme.

Not good, Not bad.....just wasn't what I was expecting.

>SFGHQ
What?

I legitimately and unironically like it

to me Fist Bump is more like Sonic addressing Buddy

CMON AND LIGHT THE FUSE

I'm a well adjusted 21 year old with goals and a strong work ethic, but FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK MEEEEEEEEEEEEE IF I DON'T LOVE THIS SHIT

I never grew out of this kinda music man, apologetically edgy, rolling with it 100%

That theme was pretty dang edgy.

How do you think the levels will be laid out in Sonic Forces? Will it be more like SA2 in that you play one character's stage, then a different character's, and continues to switch off, or will it be more like SA1 in that you choose Sonic, Classic Sonic, or Avatar Character and play through all of their stages at once? First seems most plausible, but I wouldn't mind having the second.

>Comics cancelled.
>Linkin Park is kill.
>Murderer released from prison.
This day just keeps getting worse.

For you maybe

That trailer fucking sucked.

>Sonic obviously going to attack him
>moves fast but not light-speed, you can see him move
>Infinite just sidesteps him
>"WOAH! HE'S FASTER THAN SONIC!"
>beats the shit out of Sonic
>"Could use some help here, Tails"
>Tails doesn't do shit despite being perfectly capable of fighting instead of typing on his stupid fucking device
>that slow, floaty animation
>Sonic's fake pained cries
>Roger sounds older than ever
>Tails sounds girlier than ever
>that forced dialogue cue to Infinite introducing himself

This game is going to suck. I'm sorry, but this is not how you do edge. This is just bad. Really bad. If it were self-aware and going for a Suda 51 tone, then it would work, but it's obviously not.

Wait for the jap one

SA2 definitely. There's most likely going to be a single Story mode to make storytelling easier.

Infinite is so edgy, he's fucking with the real world.

>Linkin park singer hung himself

Jesus fucking christ dude. That's just awful.
>this is not how you do edge
user, there's NO WAY to do edge correctly. There's always gonna be a hint of "seriously?"

They've already said it's like SA2's.

I think it'll be unleashed style where you sometimes play multiple Modern Sonic levels in a row, and then go back to previous levels with different characters.