How accurate is this list?

How accurate is this list?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P1HhTi4JYQ4
watchcartoonsonline.to/watch/king-of-the-hill-season-12-episode-13-the-accidental-terrorist/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Hyundai and Kia anything but last
Inaccurate

How the fuck should we know? You think anyone on Veeky Forums has driven more than 3 of any of those cars? Fuck you'd be lucky to find someone on Veeky Forums who's driven any of those cars fullstop.

This
O doesnt drive new cars

the mini, sentra lancer and beetle are all terrible cars

>VW Golf first
Oy vey, somebody just got cucked big time.

Nah there is a portion of Veeky Forums that drives new cars. But usually not new shitboxes.

>base lancer
>base Focus
>Beetle
>Mini Cooper
>no Honda Fit

> 18k$ for a Lancer

Damn, how come you guys have such ridiculously low prices?

In all honesty all those cars look boring. Would never go near one.

>Toyota near bottom
>a VW at top
>Mini on it AT ALL
>FUCKING LANCER

who ever made that list is mentally retarded

>unironically buying a VAG product in 2018

Honda Fit is a subcompact despite having more interior volume than any of these. Probably because of the no legroom rear seats.

>lancer
>compact car

This.

Crappy engines blow up and then you need a class action to get the company to own up to it.

They are better than mini

why do they all look the same? uninspired and depressing

Because the tiny pictures soften the features or maybe you're just blind.

They're marketing to an entire generation of people who are obsessed with safe spaces.

The Mini is 1 segment thinner and is completely out of place --> discarded

Having said that, the Golf is at the top for (((marketing))) reasons, because it has from standard a harsh ride, zero optionals (things that are standard on a Ford Fiesta), rear torsion beam and other peasantry sold like the ultimate god machine despite Volkswagen means Car for the people.

I'd put Mazda at the top, the rest kind of blends together

>VW
>1st

the new sentra is the worst car ive had the misfortune to drive

literally a manlet car, older models were fine

wife bought a loaded 2015 200S w/ the 3.6L V6

That thing is pretty nice, my biggest complaints are stupid twist knob gear selector and also the A pillars for front windsheild seem to block a large amount of vision because of where you sit and how far back they are swept.

It could just be me though as Im used to driving SUV's and trucks not smaller cars.

>literally a niggers car

fixed

Pretty accurate except I would have the golf at 3rd. These guys deduct a lot of points to cars with old platforms like the focus and corolla so it's better to look at whatever car you're interested in by year. I know the focus was near the top in previous years but have fallen hard because of it being old. They also deduct a lot of points if the car is boring to drive

The Corolla should be last. I own one, it's terrible.

>tfw my retarded autistic empathy almost made me buy a new Lancer SEL because I felt sorry for the thing
>tfw I only didn't because I was unable to make any kind of major purchase for months and was able to see much better cars in the meantime

I feel sorry that people don't buy commercial products. Please, someone just kill me and get it over with.

Move Mazda above Civic.

but where is the prius?

I think it's the 2018 ratings. They haven't reviewed the Prius yet.

Then again, the Lancer was supposed to cease production for the US market in August...

No one's mentioned the Impreza yet. From what I've heard it's got a comfortable ride, good handling, plus it has 4wd. Based on that I'm surprised it's so much lower than the Civic and Mazda 3. Can anyone comment?

bad cvt

What about with manual?

Fix'd

I think to be classified as "compact" it needs to be at least 165 in.
Honda Fit is like 160.

The Golf is 168, so it's just over the mark.

>Golf
enjoy your rattle bullshit car that spews diesel fumes, what a bunch of dogshit
and what the fuck is mitsubishi doing there its 10 years old at this point and is soon going out

lmfao its so funny when black ppl drive vw like what are you even doing bro

Well, I like my GTI. No problem at all.

>mazda mazda 3

The 2018 GTI still isn't available in the US, so I haven't had a chance to test drive one.
How do you like it?

I saw a truckload of them on my way home on Friday, but none of the local dealerships are listing them on their website yet.

Fuckin’ saved

>Cruze & Beetle beating Veloster

The Fit is a subcompact, just like the Yaris, Fiesta, and Sonic.

youtube.com/watch?v=P1HhTi4JYQ4
wowo what a car

that's literally what it is called tho

I'm going to assume that by this, you mean its boring (like everyone that bitches about toyotas). No shit. Its designed for reliability which should be the paramount criteria for a compact car.

For a list of the most embarassing modern vehicles to own it's not half bad.

Im surprised that the Corolla is that far down compared to the competition

but its not a list of modern BMW and Mercedes cars...

It's because compacts have all gotten better but the Corolla has only taken things away or otherwise kept things shit: engine lugging cvt, 130hp engine, worse mpg than Civic and mazda3 which both have more power or bigger engines, interior still disgusting (compare the door trims etc).

Like every compact does 0-60 in 8 sec or less now besides the Corolla at like 10 sec. Combine that with every compact being about the same reliability wise and the Corolla is where it should be.

>Combine that with every compact being about the same reliability wise

whew lad

Mazda3 & Golf tie 1st IMO but I like Mazda’s styling better

i cant believe hyundai occupies 3 slots on here.

id say Mitsubishi definitely deserves last, as much as i like the lancer, they cant keep selling that model almost 10 years after it released.

i cant really see a reason why the golf (seems like a random choice) would be number 1 tho...

its an old design at this point, probably cheaper to make

This probably will never see US soil, unfortunately.
That being said it looks a little too big to be called the lancer.

The corolla already has its buyers tho, they are the type who have "brand loyalty" and will just buy Toyota because they are "the best" when on planet earth toyota hasnt been the best since probably the late 90s - early 00s

Besides the kias and hyundais, even shitty Chevy Cruze is fine up to 200k (non-turbo ver).

I don't know why the mini and beetle are on the "compact" list and not "faggot", and the only reason the golf is #1 is because we're in the numale soy generation.

>#5
>Chevrolet cruze
Am I being meme'd here or is this acutally not your typical GM pos?

GM doesn't have much of anything to do with it. Both the Aveo and Cruze are made by Daewoo (korean).

hondas and toyotas have consistently proved that their engine build quality enables them to go 300,000km or more (unless auto in which case hondas tranny fails at 160,000km in many cases).

maybe its just me, but when considering "best in class" cars, reliability should come first, power and utility second and styling/options third.

before tax

>GM doesn't have much of anything to do with it. Both the Aveo and Cruze are made by a GM subsidiary

Is that bad or good?

VW first? No fucking way. Not in a million years.

Fuckin keked and saved

>VW at 1.

gee I wonder who paid for this survey.

before tax(15% depend on the state/province) and american msrp are just bullshit.
watchcartoonsonline.to/watch/king-of-the-hill-season-12-episode-13-the-accidental-terrorist/

Mediocrity on wheels and expensive for what it is. I'd rather a fucking versa or a micra.

Nice to see someone from Vancouver here :)

Eh, not very. They clearly didn't pay any attention to long term cost and usefulness. The Japs minus Nissan should always take top spots, even Toyota. They'll work for a decade after the Germans or Koreans will, and for a lot cheaper in the long run.

Mazda's are probably the most fun cars in that segment

The main thing I'm getting from this thread is that the best car is either the civic or the mazda 3. So which is it?

Literally just get the car that looks better to you. They're both fucking great.

If you like interior space, definitely get the Honda tho. Those fucks are magicians with space.

but they dont judge reliability and vw has an history of sending better cars to journalists. I think that one time they sold a car with torsion beams but reviewers got irs.

Should be more like this:

honda
mazda
golf
corolla
jetta
impreza
elantra gt
elantra
kia
ford
iM
chevy
veloster
beetle
sentra
mini hardtop
mini vert
lancer

y'all can fight over who belongs at the top, but i think we can all agree that Mini Pooper and Shitsubishi should be dead last.

Why in the fuck would anyone in their right mind buy a Mini?
They're so bad they make 15 year old Audi's look cheap to maintain and reliable

The Lancer was a great new economy car ten years ago, now it has no competitive edge and none of the newer features of its competitors

>A pillars for front windsheild seem to block a large amount of vision
Almost all new cars are this way.

The Golf is such an overpriced piece of shit.
The Mazda 3 absolutely smashes it in every way - i've driven both of those cars because the dealers are only 3 km ~ 1.5miles away from me and looking at the price tag for the new Golf blew me away - what a rust bucket! (Mazda's aren't that prone to rust anymore, cunts).
The Renault Megane Grandcoupe was also a great experience.
>muh quality
The quality sucks at that price.

This is approximately right.

Though it should be argued if you're settling for a compact as your only vehicle you should be considering the Focus ST, and the Civic SI first and for most with the Mazda 3 close behind.

what's so hard to understand? it is a compact car

>new elantras below current jetta
No.
>corolla hatch significantly lower than corolla sedan
No.
>golf and beetle so far apart
Maybe? IDK, but still perplexing.

Fuck if I know man. I just want to push out a big dook and hit the bed

>but they dont judge reliability
then the list is moot. all a compact car is good for is being reliable mom cars with older models being learner beaters.