/indie/ - Indie Games General

Ironic shilling edition

Last Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, ((Grimoire)), Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fRYVLSzE6dM
steamdb.info/app/650670/subs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for ded.

2nd for grimoire never coming out

Is dream daddy supposed to be Otome or gay shit?

...does it really matter? Don't tell me you want to play it.

further proof that piracy kills indie

kek

I don't anymore. I thought I'd play as a teen girl who falls in love with a lovable pedo, but instead it's about 2 gross homosexuals. Yikes

I'm going to pirate again until /indie/ is no more!

nothing kills /indie/ forever

Can you make a Dad who resembles Carl from ATHF?

Nobody has wrists that big

I tried but this thing is very limited, if I pick the wifebeater it's all blue and I can't change color.

I had
When i broke mine

>make isaac mod
>works since rebirth
>booster pack decided to change sprite sheet so I have to convert over 200 files
REEEEEEEE

how are you supposed to actually play Don't Starve (Together in this case)? It doesn't seem feasible to start and play it and be able to do anything at all with the default settings.

i dont know about others, but after the reign of giants expansion and introduction of summer, the difficulty of that game skyrocketed so much.
before you had time to prepare a base for winter, but making summer dangerous was stupid imo.
if you can turn off the expansion, trying playing the base game maybe

It will.
Duke Nukem Forever finally came out, so there's still hope.
Half Life 2: Episode 3 on the other hand...

I got so much coffee exporting I'm keeping bears awake during winter

I most definitely selected an image, Veeky Forums, kiss my arse

not quite sure if this belongs here but ill ask anyway and bump the thread. will anyone be playing the new ladder season on diablo 3? particularly hardcore. im looking for someone to play with. yeah i know the game is pretty shit, i just really want a game i can grind and dump a ton of hours in

welll, color me surprised there's no Diablo 3 thread so I guess it's cool for now

As for me, I'm not due for a replay of Diablo 3. I've still got to starve myself from it for maybe a few more seasons before I decide to get back into it.

And no tears were shed

Kingdom and Castles might be neat

I've never played a Hardcore season before but I don't really have anything better to do, so I'll try user

I'm probably gonna be rolling something but I don't really do group shit in diablo. Thinking of trying out wizard since I've never played one before.

>10

Grimoire dev deleted a post where I claimed he was "****ing off in a basement for 20 years". Oh well!

You should have at least acknowledged that in-between jerking off he actually built his basement himself. No wonder he deleted it.

Has anyone here beaten all floors mode as every character in necrodancer?

I wonder much time will it be before Grimoire is deleted from Steam. It's been 2 weeks now.

People have pointed out that other shit has been sitting around unreleased longer. Valve doesn't particularly care.

birb bump

new d3 season is here
what should i roll?

>the real siphoner man was the friends we made along the way

Grimoire looks ugly as fug.
I don't get it

Gameplay > Graphics

It's a feature.

wish I was a king and marry a peasant loli ;_;

I thought that was the two-headed mutant. The two heads growing from one badly acid-burnt body symbolizes the collective agony of those who hunt it.

i rolled hardcore crusader. gonna do a hammerdin

The crusade marches on

Why are birds so ______?

rapeable

LOUD

Ended up going monk. holy shit I can teleport everywhere why did I not play this before

monk was my first d3 character ever. i have no played since ros launch, but they were pretty great at the time. really tanky and solid damage; i used to carry /d3g/ parties with all the shielding monks can do. was a lot of fun

I'm going to get mad if you let /indie/ die again

I am awake now. /indie/ will get bumped at least. I am playing a distinctly non-/indie/ game right now, so I am not contributing as much as I normally would.

like us

Fucking cockatoos

Whatever happened to Clive Barkers Armoire

birbs are fuckin weird yo

So what did you nerds do for Leah's 2-heart event in Stardew Valley?

The choice is relatively minor, but I'm personally leaning towards pushing her to starting up an online store, just because that probably has a better chance of success than a small town art show of her work, where only a few people are probably wealthy enough to spend money on wood sculptures, let alone -want- to buy them.

Although the online store kind of doesn't seem to do well either considering her ex is the only one who seems to buy her work. I guess that's still money, but it feels tainted.

youtube.com/watch?v=fRYVLSzE6dM

Daily reminder that Rimworld is the most redpilled game ever made.

what was happening to the walls? were they trying to escape?

Yes.

poor dog. hope no permanent damage was done to it

My best character is a Crusader, forget which kind of build though

It's trying to emulate the classic look of early 90's dungeon crawler, unfortunately that doesn't mean anything for art direction

>Oh hey amplified's finally finished, let me play it
>Panic and choke as a bat to a red dragon
Ah, just like the good old days

The doggo is probably dead.

>less than one month til Undertale PS4

I've died to Red Dragon more times than I can count.

red dragon is basically the biggest asshole

>get dagger that freezes enemies on hit and then kills them if you hit them again while they are still frozen
>it fully works on bosses
Top fucking kek

I do appreciate that Necrodancer generally lets you use your shit on bosses instead of just giving them arbitrary immunity to most of the shit in the game.

its a wonderful little game, and one of the few "rogue-lites" or "rogue-likes"(whichever its classified as) that actually fits the description.

Rain World is stressful to play.

Is the save system still frustrating as fuck?

whats frustrating about it?

Played this in one go for a few hours.

Basically what you'd expect from this, looking at it. Sappy, riddled with a tired tropes, you can guess what bad thing will be explained before the game shows it. The walking speed is also torturous, but obviously it's not meant to be barreled through.
Puzzles are boring RPGmaker shit, find item and use it, activate switches, etc. There are actual musical numbers with lyrics, which I personally couldn't help but detest.

The tie-in to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster is hinted at very early, interesting to read about.
Pretty obvious that the kid has cancer, but the game does a decent job of making you focus on everyone else's woes before you realize that yes, you are playing as a kid with cancer

would not recommend unless you want OneShot without meta elements and a deeper story. Or you're a mega pussy and cry easy

i really dislike these games that try to be tearjerkers. only ever works at all if the story is really good. otherwise it feels kinda like a cheap cop out to try and get the player emotionally invested, which is not a bad thing, but somehow it feels a bit lazy to me i guess. i dunno.

Will anything even be changed in the game itself?

I'd say the game was well-meaning, since the creator's put years into this while also making audio for other well-known games (Plants vs zombies, World of Warcraft). Ultimately, it's a genuine but flawed product, that the public will mostly enjoy.

>left my trip on
kms

its ok EEP BLEEP we forgive you. actually i hate when people misuse tripcodes and im just bumping the thread.

GRIMOIRE IS COMING OUT THERE IS A NEW RELEASE DATE

lol

He said he'd only do that once he had a release submitted to steam.

edit: his list of "areas to check" is actually done

Well, here's betting he'll have a "micro issue" and choke again.

There should be a site where you could bet on niche inconsequential shit like this.

I thought that sounded like a good business idea, but it turns out there are already loads of shitty sites where you can bet on whatever.

But all these are kind of shitty. Make a better one!

>tfw can't sleep because of a cold
I'm so fucking bored but I'm too tired to do anything

That's one of the few times I prefer watching a tv show to playing games, so maybe do that?

What are some good rimworld mods

> steamdb.info/app/650670/subs/
>he didn't actually submit the package to steam like he said he did
lmao

This must be a few years olds since humble got their shit together.

bump shitpost

It's not a proper shitpost bump unless it mentions Niko.

Play Jannitor

But Niko isn't a janitor

>has to clean up the mess of a world machine

I want to start up Stardew Valley again
Does anyone have a list of mods they'd recommend to get more fun out of the game?
The new farm maps thing in particular looks hella unbalanced.

cute

I don't expect to unlock Coda anytime soon, but I've done it with everyone except Mary. She's more rage inducing than Monk, and I didn't think that would ever be possible.

the farm choice is more of aesthetics rather than profit. Pick the original if you want efficiency. There are a few custom farm map mods, but the biggest sort of change is removing bushes and giving access to blocked off areas.

Pic is a pretty subtle list of mods. More intrusive ones include Timespeed, Skill Prestige, Saveanywhere, and various movement mods.

Why does he say the files were already sent to Steam and got approved when we can all see he didn't send jack shit? What's the point of lying so boldly?

Insanity is a harsh mistress. No matter, it makes for good entertainment.

He also threatens that he will ban people from buying his game even though it's literally impossible to do that on Steam.

That's just Cleve being Cleve.