How the fuck is Chipotle's stock worth over $400 per share?

How the fuck is Chipotle's stock worth over $400 per share?

Invented casual fast food

They didn't release too many shares at IPO nad haven't had any stock splits (that I can think of) since.

>Chipotle
mkt cap: $11.89b
shares outstanding: 28.77m
share price: $416

>McDonalds
mkt cap: $105.5b
shares outstanding: 818m
share price: $127

Chipotle is actually in very real trouble and is starting to draw the attention of activist investors, so dont let the share price fool you.

$SHAK actually tried to pull the same stunt Chipotle did with the ultra high share price achieved by releasing a small(ish) number of shares but it failed pretty miserably and now its trading at a laughable $32 with a measly market cap.

Thanks for the post, friend.

I made a similar comment to my finance major friend and he more or less said the same thing. Is fooling laymen the only reason this is desired?

So why not short Chipotle?

its half of what it was just because of the quick e coli scare, but its always been a meme joint

Yeah the high price is possibly designed as a barrier to entry for shit day traders so that only serious investors buy(kinda works). I heard Ackman may be giving up on Chipotle as well. They have problems that need to be addressed and such as slowed growth

why the fuck would stock price affect day trading?
you just buy 1 instead of 10.
Unless you trade peanuts, in that case kys

shorting has unlimited downside, buy put options instead and you have a known max loss

Have you been in a robinhood thread?

Go there if you want to see what self induced poverty through day trading looks like

Did their idea to sell hambuegers in that analyst call ever go through or was the exec team just stress slamming meth? Id go find out but I don't want to eat gross food.

>looking at the share price as indicator of valuation
Talk about the 500+ P/E, price per share is absolutely meaningless.

>$400
>barrier to entry for shit day traders
>...?
I really don't think that has anything to do with it.

If someone is trading with less than $400, even thousands of those people wouldn't affect the price in the slightest anyway. The daily volume for CMG is over 1 million shares. $413M. Even 5,000 shit day traders trading with $300 each would only be 0.03% of the total volume.

>food snob
Wow, what a great advantage it is in life to be such a picky eater. Good job.

They weren't selling hamburgers at Chipotle, they opened up a whole new restaurant called Tasty Made.

>food snob
>chipotle

Dude I can get better food in the dumpster behind McDonalds.

Again, this gives you no advantage.

Ackman is a tool.

It is a good long term investment since they are starting to recover the growth they had before the e coli scare and trying to improve their image. That is the reason why so many hedge funds bought it in the fourth quarter, and why Ackman has such a big stake in it (almost 3 million shares). However the stock is not trading cheaply

Does anyone here have any shares of Chipotle? Or is anyone here short CMG?

I only want to hear from real believers or real haters.

It's for prestige.

>user wants me to pay $10 for food I don't like to be a smart business man

Don't change fags