/srg/ - speedrunning general

Where will you be when Clunt Stovens and Nindiddeh expose XLiquidXEdgeXSquid_X?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/narcissawright/status/888144502279487488
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how the heck do i get into speedrunning? this is my 5th attempt

Beat a game as fast as you can.

And then try to beat it faster than that.

can you put it into layman's terms? how am i supposed to position my web cam?

someone post monkeys

"SM64 is a harder speedgame overall than SMS" - diddeh

Diddeh? More like My Chances of Ever Stringing Together A Consistent Run Is Diddehleh Squat LMFAO

Note how nowhere does he say that his golds are fake or invalid.

Okay?

Ok, let me try again: First you need a handle for your brand. Something with TV at the end is good. Then you need to create a company that holds your brand's name for when the thousands of dollars start pouring in. Next create accounts on Patreon, PayPal, Instagram, Streamlabs, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook and Twitch. You need to have banners, logos, donate alerts etc. for all your accounts and your stream layout. If you are not an artist, consider hiring one: 720$ is a normal price for this.
By now you can start advertising your stream. Start subbing and giving money to popular streamers. Go in their sub-only Discord channel and suck up to them. Have your artist create emotes for them with your money and pass it off as your own. Drop hints that you might start streaming soon and would appreciate a host from your big streamer friends, when you do.
Now that it is actually time to start streaming you need some equipment: 1/2 webcams, 6 LCD screens, 1 CRT screen, a greenscreen and a dxracer gaming chair are sufficient for a beginner. If you are male, one webcam needs to be pointed at your face from a slightly low angle and one webcam needs to be pointed at your crotch. If you are female, one webcam is sufficient but it must capture your entire body from toes to dxracer chair edge - whether you want to show off your legs or your chest more decides what angle you choose.
Now the next topic is kind of controversial, but every big speedrunner uses drugs. You won't make it through 10 hours of the same shit every day for years without chemical assistance. Just something to be aware of before you hop into it!
Oh and for the game choose either Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time or a popular newly released game.

but if i run super mario 64 people will bully me

Anybody know when Squid's speedrun stream is starting up?

squid doesn't speedrun

Soon I hope, it's become part of my daily routine to chill there.

>multiple records with really good runs in many games
>not a speedrunner

Same. I'm not even into gaming anymore, but I just have to watch Squid's stream!

Same

I love videogames

i love donations

I love donating to people who play video games for me

fuck off

grindmonkeying is not speedrunning

>implying you run

Grinding runs is a legitimate form of practice.

Legitimate, yes. Efficient, not at all.

This post means nothing, you wasted your time.

It's the most efficient way to gain consistency, which is as important and isolated practice. There's a balance, and we only see attempts.

>It's the most efficient way to gain consistency
No it's not. The most efficient way to gain consistency is doing ILs until you can complete them in a similar time frame on every attempt. Then, when you're consistent at ILs, progress into segment RTAs.

Grinding runs will only make you consistent at the beginning of the game.

It depends on the game. Some games don't even have "ILs" you fucking moron

>people who don't speedrunning being assholes

>No it's not. The most efficient way to gain consistency is doing ILs until you can complete them in a similar time frame on every attempt. Then, when you're consistent at ILs, progress into segment RTAs.

False. You see people like Diddeh, who only do isolated IL practice and they cannot put together a run in any way, shape or form. Runs are necessary and there needs to be a lot of them. You will never, ever be top level without hundreds of runs grinded out. This meme of grinding runs being bad needs to end.

>Grinding runs will only make you consistent at the beginning of the game.
If you only do the beginning of the game.

>Some games don't even have "ILs" you fucking moron
It was obviously just an example. This should be pretty easy for most people to figure out. Methodology will need to be adjusted on a game by game basis, but the principle stays more or less the same across the board.
>You see people like Diddeh, who only do isolated IL practice and they cannot put together a run in any way, shape or form.
Diddeh isn't consistent at any ILs, so he's still working on step 1.

>Some games don't even have "ILs" you fucking moron
almost all games can be broken up into individual segments that can be replayed
hell you can do this all games that can be played on emulators

>Diddeh isn't consistent at any ILs, so he's still working on step 1.
There isn't one strict way on how to speedrun a game, like you seem to be pushing. If he just sat down and did some runs without resetting it would benefit him greatly, moreso than the isolated practice he is only doing. In the end, there is a balance. There's really nothing else to it.

go fuck off to your own little corner for this gossip shit

>learn speedgame to the point where you can complete it
>do a shitrun
>find segments you are worst at
>practice isolated tricks you cant do
>practice entire segment or level until you can do it correctly with that trick/strat/room
>get a pb and repeat

objectively the easiest way to git gud

fw u tried so hard and got so far

twitter.com/narcissawright/status/888144502279487488

Does he not realise that him losing his mind and becoming this freak he is today is the reason no one gives a shit?

but in the end my gender didnt matter

all the feelings are arbitrary

We're talking about real speed games that don't just rely on tricks, but are carried on movement throughout.

You can do tricks in SM64 consistently and still be doing them slowly. The key is to have fast movement, which can be hard to understand if you don't have a way to quantify how fast you're doing stars on an individual basis.

Cheese could die 5 times and still get a 49. That's the power of movement.

y_ simply y_

>Cheese could die 5 times and still get a 49. That's the power of movement.
While I understand what you're trying to get at, that simply isn't true.

>that simply isn't true.
Yes, it literally is. Cheese, Xiah, and Puncayshun have all had ridiculously bad runs with multiple deaths that still ended up being 49's.

>>>/mariogen/

49 is an easy time to get for the top 5 or so runners. cheese can be over +2 minutes on his pb and still get one.

tricks, segments, rooms, any small section that you have trouble with applies

this is common sense though. you should be timing and comparing everything you learn but people are very lazy sometimes.

The God Gamer Stigma

neck yourself art

None of you care about speedrunning if you don't even watching Narcissa downloading a video game.

Why do you keep posting this?

you tell me

*mindlessly grinds ion's records 18 hours a day despite not being even remotely as skilled as he is*
*bird laughs*

lxs more like gxm

squid more like squawk

shut up

>that simply isn't true
You mean "it's not true for Simply" lmao

lmfao

more like chimply

lmfao this is the best monkey post yet

Chimpancheeze
Monkayshun
Chimply
Chimp Stevens
birdxmonkey
Grindaton

Are there anymore grindmonkey names that needs to be added to the list?

simply could cake a 48.

darbian = simian

diddeh: scared to do runs
Squid: grindmonkey

Who has actual practice:grind balance?

squid because he does his practice offline. he also has better rta results and that is a fact

squid is a grindmonkey
diddeh is a scaredycat

fuck off

>he does his practice offline
Nice joke.
>he also has better rta results
Because he's been playing longer. Diddeh clearly has better movement that Squid couldn't match if he tried.

its not a joke and its because he has a better approach.

get a fucking life already

what good is fast movement if you cant do it

He can do it. He has a very clear understanding of how it works mechanically. Now he just has to develop the muscle memory for it.

he literally cant. have you seen his rta

no one cares

>he literally cant.
Yes he can. There are even recorded examples of him doing it.
>have you seen his rta
Yes, he is very inconsistent because he has not developed proper muscle memory yet.

because he doesnt do runs or practice properly (Not spamming the reset eveyr mistake)

Reminder speedrunners are mongoloids who are too bad to play proper competitive games and thus try to stay relevant by playing mechanically limited games that doesn't show how low their IQs actually are.

/srg/ squid research general

unironically true

squid doesn't do research. he just mindlessly grinds.

so untrue it hurts

Supermetroid Rocks General

>mechanically limited
What does that even mean

No. I mean the stream monsters who are constantly analysing his every move. That's what this general really is.

srg just wants him to be the best!

>tfw they are all in love

1 direction and 1 button

>1 direction and 1 button
I'm not aware of any speedruns that only use 1 direction and 1 button.

It's just more with minimalistic garbage spewed by those who do not speedrun.

I miss him bros ;_;

Wilbo is never coming back

You mean Worcestershire?

[distant bird laughter heard high above it all]

Why would anyone watch Clintstevens?