/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Crawling in my skin edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Gameplay 7/6: youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

why does horn have such a boring move set?

Meraginasu!

Huntresses SOFT bellies

I TRIED SO HARD

Can we share a moment of silence for the passing of the greatest edgemaster of all time...

Huntress toned bellies.

Girls must soft

Who?

>bare midriffs w/o full nudity
thanks I ruined my keyboard by vomiting all over it

Does his cum glow in the dark?

>he doesn't like navel windows.

>thread is new
>already half of it is shitpost spam
Can't you just not do that?
Please?

Im thinking about going to Gamescom, anyone else going?

"shitposters" are the ones confident enough and used enough to the community that if the thread 404s without a new thread being linked they'll wait like ten seconds and hit up the catalog for the new thread someone will inevitably make. People like that all either have nothing to talk about unless someone has a question, some new info is released about the franchise or they're shitposting, so if they're the only ones in the thread it's gonna all be shitposting because it's either that or not posting at all. That's just all there is to it.

Nah.

>"shitposters" are the ones confident enough and used enough to the community that if the thread 404s without a new thread being linked they'll wait like ten seconds and hit up the catalog for the new thread someone will inevitably make. People like that all either have nothing to talk about unless someone has a question, some new info is released about the franchise or they're shitposting, so if they're the only ones in the thread it's gonna all be shitposting because it's either that or not posting at all. That's just all there is to it.
What did you mean by this nonsense?

wise words

Does anyone have an end-game 3U save I could use?

That doujin had no business being that hot, such a good fap.

The AI for these small monsters make no fucking sense. Why would they target a hunter who is maybe 6 feet at max over these huge as fuck monsters that are like 100 feet long?

I'm so fucking glad that MHW is going to have small monsters all leave the area if there's a big monster around.

Like the one in 3,3U,P3rd,4 and 4U?

Would YOU want to piss off a huge as fuck monster that's like 100 feet long?

Rhenoplos and Konchu never leave an area even if there's a big monster around.

Because they are assholes but the dromes and the iggies always watch the fight from the sides. It's just how they are programmed. What makes you think that World will change it?

Don't forget your friendly neighborhood Pumba!

>What makes you think that World will change it?

Because Capcom has learned that these annoying fuckers add nothing to the hunt and just make everything annoying for no reason.

>Because Capcom has learned that these annoying fuckers add nothing to the hunt and just make everything annoying for no reason.
Source?

>Monster goes to eat a popo
>other popo hits me as I am charging the monster that is EATING ITS MATE

Of all the fuckers to bring back in Gen, they bring back this retard.

>Capcom
>learning

Don't quit your day job.

My dad works for Capcom

What makes you love Monster Hunter?

I don't, I just don't get bored of it as easily as other things.

Stupid grindy bullshit and delicious armor.

It just has a ton of content with a fun crafting and hunting system. It also helps that almost every weapon plays differently so even switching weapons feels like you're playing a new game.

The gameplay is fun and rewards good players. It's something you can pick up and play for as long or as little as you like.
Also, the cute huntresses.

everything about it.
>the monsters
>the setting
>the lore
>the gameplay
>the systems behind everything
>the maps and attention to detail
everything.

>lore

if you started with X/XX, you might not realize the series has lore, but it does.

Ok music
Good tanky gameplay that rewards prediction
Autism-enhanced damage systems (multipliers, hitzones)
Autism-enhanced crafting system
Comfy world setting

cringe

>excuse plot shit some intern wrote during lunch break to fill in the blanks is carefully read and dissected by obsessed fans who think there's some deep lore behind it all

>lore always means 2deep4u shit

DELETE PLESIOTH
WHY IS HE A G-RANK KEY QUEST

its not deep, it's just interesting. and one of the reasons i like the series.
you okay user?

I think the hidden lore is cool.
I mean, the fact that you fight divine Monters like White Fatalis and the Elder Dragons being rare so that's why the Quest aren't always available.
I mean, the lore isn't deep, if you read the Itens flavor text and the NPC text, it's very interesting.

our lovely robot

Not as deep as Soulsborne games, which basically set the standards for this king of things.

imagine to be their pusy slave

Nope, been here a while bud. The most interesting part of this so-called "lore" was a concept in a fucking artbook that isn't canon at all. The ancient civilization is boring and fatalis being the dragon to bring ruin upon the world is a fucking joke.

Jesus get some taste.

I love how any dissenting opinion is hand-waved as lel X/XX babbie

>was a concept in a fucking artbook that isn't canon at all.
assuming you're talking about the EDW. we know the ancient civ made something at least similar.
it's pretty canon.

in this case, it's justified. X/XX contributes nothing to the lore except fucking idol dance videos

>muh lore
cringe

>missing a golfswing because the 2nd hit in the combo staggered the monster
Hammer is such a fucking shit weapon, I'm going back to DBs.

>predicting when a monster is gonna flinch/KO/trip is too complicated I'll go back to mashing buttons

>not good enough to solo Akantor
>make a room for it
>at least one person carts any time he does his steam beam attack

Every time.

You have to baby those randoms a bit with Akantor.
Get those flash bombs ready and get a head start running to the other side of the field when it comes up to do the beam. Interrupt it every time and stop those beam carts.

just beat on his taint

all of his attacks except the bodyslam miss if your under his taint

>not good enough to solo a monster
>complaining about people carting to it

How do I get monsters to stop in front of me after a successful guard point? I see a ton of people on YT with videos of them punishing monsters endlessly like that but most of the time I guard point, the monster doesn't just stop right in front of me so that I can punish it. Do I need Guard+2 for this?

>muh ((deep)) soulsborne

monsta grills

I got a room up in 4u with the usual info. Looking to hunt big spooder for aesthetic weapons

Sorry, buddy. I really would like to help you but I'm about to dinner. Maybe later.

That sounds like useful advice, thanks m80s

There is a middle ground between "unable to solo a monster" and "unable to avoid an attack every time"
I am in that middle ground.

>8 deviants 2 go for big dawg crown
ayy

The beautifully crafted world and unique monster designs that blend reality with fantasy. As well as the interesting ethics of the hunters and their way of life alongside these beasts.

Does the negative Stun skill increase the chance of being stunned or does it increase the duration? I'm getting conflicting information, so is it different between games?

Do you think with MHW, the series will appear as a Crossover in good games again?

>we never got gear rex
still fucking perplexes me to this day
its a pretty decent monster too

i think that smudge in the middle is Snake, right?

fuck first time doing webms, this looks like shit.
Did a new one.

lmao

I want Thunderjho now

I actually want a HZD crossover pretty bad

Not before Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars crossovers

Soul Sac was pretty fucking garbage. Freedom Wars was alright

Do G rank missions in XX have rank requirements the same way high rank missions in gen did? I saw someone running around with pretty high end G rank gear while still being only HR 9, did he just get carried?

>Soul Sacrifice
Wouldn't even mind

ur pretty fucking garbage

Visually appealing monster designs and thicc hunter girls.

Hunting Monsters.

They do. What gear?

G rank akantor, i think

>you will never watch a thunderjaw and deviljho fight

Basically any G rank gear is better than the best high rank gear, at least in terms of weapons and defence (skills on the high rank armour will still be better until fairly late G rank). Also it's possible to get some G rank stuff that's "supposed" to be locked until later via event quests with lower rank requirements. Can't guarantee you weren't playing with a cheater though.

There's an event for that, so maybe they met the requirements for it.
Most likely got carried since the damage and health is so inflated on that one.
There's also a fatalis event. I wonder if people are getting carried through that one.

What lbg is the best for crag shenanigans in MHXX?

Bulldrome is literal perfection

Probably still god's isle. Not positive though.

Anyone know how to unlock the Ancient set in XX? I'm looking at kiranico and it doesnt have a key material so I'm guessing it's a quest reward of some kind

>Not positive though
why?

It's addicting!