/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 20th of July:
AD 70 – Siege of Jerusalem: Titus, son of emperor Vespasian, storms the Fortress of Antonia north of the Temple Mount. The Roman army is drawn into street fights with the Zealots.
792 – Kardam of Bulgaria defeats Byzantine Emperor Constantine VI at the Battle of Marcellae.
911 – Rollo lays siege to Chartres.
1189 – Richard I of England officially invested as Duke of Normandy.
1402 – Ottoman-Timurid Wars: Battle of Ankara: Timur, ruler of Timurid Empire, defeats forces of the Ottoman Empire.
1592 – During the first Japanese invasion of Korea, Japanese forces captured Pyongyang.
1871 – British Columbia joins the confederation of Canada.

>News
CK2 DD 55 - Nurture vs Nuisance
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-55-nurture-vs-nuisance.1030752/

EU4 DD 20/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-20th-of-june-2017.1031010/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Plan
youtube.com/watch?v=yad_clT4T2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=cvZ5yyLF4sk
youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=xorgqoL_t0k
youtube.com/watch?v=U8b88US-6ts
youtube.com/watch?v=gJLIiF15wjQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa#Religion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

La Plata

Titovo Velenje

Nth for Bryan

Blanco y basado

When are they fixing infinite mercenary spam in eu4?

When it fucks one of their mp games

Based

Lame
RIght now the ottomans can field 200k men in mercenaries alone

So this is how it happens, I will enter a long bloody war because of Slavs, just like real life.

Isn't Tri Moreta Italian irredentism?

fuck em

black and debased

I hope Germany doesn't get mutilated while I race across fucking Siberia to save them.

hombre blanco

use ships dumbass

白人

>Germany about to fight a three front war
this happens way too often

All you can gain of that war is a bunch of icy wasteland from Russia

its their position

>having that many transports
>going around the cape
It is 1880 and I serious hope you do not do this.

See Steamboats are faster

Ended up going for this
I'm probably going to do what HPM does and lower the LRs after a couple of decades

Need to turn into a fascist dictatorship to enact purge and remove those Bosniak labourer and craftsman pops desu

Take the suez canal nigger, start there.
Send them in batches

Going to do this for Austria

Not going round the cape with 120 odd fucking steamboats
Not built yet nigger.

Hey mate, have you thought of a holy catholic polish state rather than direct orthodox rule? Maybe as a russian puppet or by rebellion.

why is greece so big?

send them in batches nigger
what kind of island nation doesn't have a proper navy

wankmod

>tfw 6% of all japmen die on a boat around the cape for some shitty frozen waste and slavs

So I now have two CBs on Ottos, acquire substate (Moldova) and acquire state (dobruju), also enough infamy that if Russia joins I can take Bessarabia as well.

Can anyone stop >us?

Lol Germany fucking murdered them and I tied Russia up enough to white peace out

"no"
But You should obviously free Poland if you're playing as Austria or something
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Plan

Greek Albania looks awful desu

Didn't want those Croatians anyway. Fucking AI was a mistake.

How do I use the eu3 launcher with Wine? Only the actual game exe works, but I need to use the launcher so I can enable mods

Who the fuck said playing Castile is easy?

You start with a 0/0/0 Heir, literally disgusting. You have a high chance of getting stupid civil wars, and there is France and Aragon who will ally themselves to destroy you. I committed the stupid mistake of letting this 0/0/0 faggot rule my country and now I am so backwards that I got my shit kicked by the Aragonese and French and I have to restart.

isn't there a ini file you can edit to turn the mod on?

git gud

What's the code for the genocide event? Or event #

HELP ME STOP SAVESCUMMING

By the end of this I'll be so gross it will probably give Robbie a hernia.

You should at least change Trieste to something higher. maybe lower Bosnia to 35.

>implying i know it
I've never cheated, lad.

It's in HPM correct? What is the name at the top

Triste was already at 40, i'm not going to lower it

Oh, nevermind then. I thought you were going to lower it to 36 like the neighbouring provinces.

I don't remember, the name of the decision is "Systematic Extermination", I think the event is called "The Minority report" or something like that.

white men

Stand on Constantinople and bankrupt them then. Protip: they never recover from this.

white men

>not becoming KuK ASAP

Just finished a war with Ming and got them down to 0 Manpower and took Canton and some other shit.

I'm not really interested in China but the countries that I am interested in (Nogai, Yarkand, Chagatai and Buryatai) are all protected by China so it's going to be back-to-back wars and although I don't want China, I'm going to take it all non stop while they're at 0 manpower.

Is there any way I can get them to stop being retarded and remove these tributaries? The alternative is that their country will be annihilated.

These are perfect European borders. You might not like it, but this is what peak cartography looks like.

who did it

FPM lad here, i'm done with Austria.
I have to leave, so I probably won't be able to work on the mod until tomorrow, or maybe the weekend
When I come back I'm going to start writing events since I'm fucking sick of changing around pops and shit, though I will have to keep doing it in the future, maybe i'll add some population to Austria and Russia
The first events I will make are probably going to be all the independance wars in South America, the Spanish treaty with the Brits to fix New Spain's border, and Japan's civil war.
After that I think I will release the mod and probably fix bugs or something

probably you

Only TRUE grand strategists can instantaneously recognise this border.

Will you make the independent countries in south america the same/variants of the same as OTL or will it be new ones?

Italian Libya, British Egypt and French Chad

idk

just east of Venice, west of Croatia.

last map updated. and as per an user's request I filled in the uncolonized areas. had to check each province in the pop folder and do math myself.

Enrico

alaska-canada border

Based

this
in hoi3

Dandalo

Thirding this.

POST MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO WHILE FORMING GERMANY AS PRUSSIA

youtube.com/watch?v=yad_clT4T2Y

Germoney? Japan is the shit
youtube.com/watch?v=cvZ5yyLF4sk

If you have Rights of Man then you can disinherit his ass for a penalty, but it's worth it to get rid of a 0/0/0 heir. Or alternatively make him into a military leader and just fight natives and everyone, pray he dies in combat.

>ben stiller

Prestige is at a premium at the start of a Spain game. You need it for that first war against the Moroccans.

Can't you disinherit after the war is over, then?

I haven't actually played a Castille game, but what makes the prestige hit so painful?

Official Ottomans theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y

Ofifcial Spain Theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=xorgqoL_t0k

youtube.com/watch?v=U8b88US-6ts

Supposed to be Russia's theme btw

I think you need to give up 50 prestige to disinherit. For that first war with Morocco (if that's what you're going for) you need every battle to go perfectly in terrain that usually doesn't favour you. You're probably also going to be racing against the Portuguese to occupy stuff. The first 50 years with Trastamaras is rough but it picks up fast as soon as Bestburgs get on the throne.

Not even counting in possible Burgundian inheritance, Iberian Wedding or Portugal PU - once you're past Trastamaras it's easy.

Based. See Official UK Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=gJLIiF15wjQ

What program do you use to make this or is it all by hand?

So again I could ask that why not do it after your war with Morocco then? Or does he sit on the throne before that war?

iirc your first heir is the 0 guy you could disinherit him after the first war but that depends on who Granada is allied to.

At that point it's just what's more important to you, the bonuses from prestige or much more Mana from a new heir that isn't literal shit.

Daily Ultimate Autism

now the only thing left is to wait for hpm to make religion relevant

Do you have any particular ideas on how to make religion relevant?

How the fuck can you change your religion as an African unciv in HPM? The decision to request missionaries does nothing about it.

Make one for

Even with the 0/0/0 I was up to date on military tech (the only thing worth bothering about that early) and maybe one idea or so behind France. Compared to a potential defeat or stack wipe in the Atlas Mountains (or even worse, losing ground to Portugal) I view the Prestige as more important.

>Goa
>Bali
>Dehli
>that one Congolese province
>that one province in North Ossetia
>that one province in Virginia
are all of these historical?

Am I pretty yet?

>not being an islamic commie

>Goa
Yes, it used to be much more catholic in the 1800s.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa#Religion
>Bali
The area is hindu even today
>Congo
The kingdom of the Kongo was a catholic state for centuries, it isn't strange that one of it's provinces is catholic.

Rest I have no idea on, I would look it up though, a simple google search would have given you Goa and Bali.

1) Increasing mil/con for having non-state religion in non-colonial (with modifiers based on current religious policy and state relgion)
2) Decreasing con for having state religion and moralist party.
3) Events for pogroms and religious violence in states with non-homogeneous religion (which the player can suppress or give tacit accord)
4) Party relgious policy should have impact beyond pops voting and chance of conversion: Moralism should increase education efficiency in countries with low literacy, but lower adm eff.
Secularism should give adm. eff.
Atheism should increase education efficiency in countries with high literacy after the darwinism invention
5) More interaction with missionaries to uncivilized countries.
Some for starters.