twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

get rid of all rules regarding cars

>get rid of all rules regarding cars

>2019 season
>1500bhp fully autonomous cars with 3000kg of downforce line up on the grid
>all "drivers" are killed by G force on the first corner

go fully autonomous and limit the top speed to 150mph

>remove hybrid tech
>give customer teams the option for an engine provided and regulated by FOM (maybe a more powerful engine to bring teams up to par with manufacturers)
>remove or significantly increase fuel weight and fuel flow limits

Get rid of all rules and all emissions bullshit and whatever the fuck else and go back to the old days of the v10s and 12s

Only rule is no electronic bullshit, go back to carbies. Fuckin job done m80s, Lets go home.

Don't forget 3-cylinder diesel engines and make them pedestrian crash friendly! :^)

less downforce
less downforce
less downforce
less downforce
better tires
better tires
better tires
better tires

No fuel limit
Refueling allowed
No halo

Completely fixed. No need to thank me Ross Brawn

A fully autonomous racing series would be interesting. No drivers at all. Have some minimum mass and dimension rules and let the manufacturers go at it.

You realize that hybrid tech gives them GOBS of hp right?

You're aware that a 2004 F1 car would smoke a 2017 F1 car around a track without the hybrid and DRS bullshit?

Get rid of celebrity worship.

>GIMI
>ALONSOS CAT PICTURE SO COOL OMG

>hey if I gut the engine of the new car, the old car wins don't ya know?
wow thats amazing I wonder if I gimp the old 2004 f1 car my shitbox could beat it

>we should reduce the engine size from 3.0 to 1.6 and add turbos and hybrid batteries
>why?
>...

significantly higher performance and fuel efficiency

Why hate on the halo though?

Signifiscsntly more cost too

who fucking cares what the cost is

>higher performance

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuka_Circuit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_International_Circuit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_Spa-Francorchamps
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungaroring
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockenheimring
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_Gilles_Villeneuve
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_Monaco
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_Barcelona-Catalunya
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahrain_International_Circuit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Grand_Prix_Circuit

If they have "significantly higher performance" why are all the lap records at almost all of the F1 tracks held by non-hybrid cars?

Homologation.

Fucking this so damn much

No need to remove drs and hybrid to let the 2004 car win. Just give the 2004 cars slick tires and they'd be untouchable again.

>remove downforce
>remove tire
>allow unlimited refueling and tire changes
>no halo
>no kers
>no drs

>remove downforce
>remove DRS
???

Go to LMP1 if you're scared

>remove downforce
i disagree there should be more downforce, much more downforce.

More mechanical grip and less downforce grip would make it easier for cars to overtake, make the grid more competitive as engineering aerodynamics is extremely expensive, and mean cars weren't pissing useless once they run into a wall at 1mph and damage the front wing.

>would make it easier for cars to overtake
because high downforce fucks up the air behind the car*

I meant to add.

Then just allow them the adaptable downforce by allowing them to have adjustable wings

Go fast in a straight? thin wing
Slow down for a turn? fat wing

Is that also the case with the mechanical downforce of the fan car? I can clearly understand how disturbed air can fuck up the aerodynamics but if the air is pulled from underneath it shouldn't matter much.

They already did this, all it did was help teams optimize downforce around the track

>remove downforce and tire
I'm fine with this

That'd be like watching a CPU only race in any video game. Literally boring

>I gimp the old 2004 f1 car my shitbox could beat it
I'm calling that bluff. You could never do that

I have no idea desu.

The problem with the fan car design though (and other ground effect cars) is that it kicked up stones and other debris in its wake.

That's DRS

V10 engines.

Remote control the cars, remove audiences from the tracks and marshals from the trackside. Remove safety regulations.
Drones everywhere, cameras everywhere, let the viewers choose what to see, and ditch the 'F1 feed' nonsense.

Rally tires, suspension and tracks

Though they're not the same series MotoGP forced a universal engine management system and electronics package for everyone, factory teams and satellite, the first season this started there were a record 10 different winners in an 18 race season. Might work for F1, might not.

...the people who have to find millions of dollars to build the cars

There's a reason there's 10 teams and only a handful of engine manufacturers, retard.

>naturally aspirated v12 revving to 25k
>less downforce
>no hybrid bs
>no TC
>no aero restrictions
>gimi and alonso in mercedes
>mercedes adopts the "West" livery again
>hamilton fired for being a degenerate monkey with tattoos and earrings in a regal sport

profit?

>less downforce
>also no aero restrictions
What did he mean by this?

>there were a record 10 different winners in an 18 race season. Might work for F1, might not.
the powerful teams would never allow this. f1 politics are something else entirely.

i'd like to see the engine regulations thoroughly unfucked so new PU providers have less difficulties developing serviceable engines. watching honda struggle was painful. i don't care too much about the particularities of the engines actually. i'm okay with adding hybrid technology to it. v8, hybrid, and no turbo sounds like a decent compromise between fun and progress.

and i'd like to see a weight handicap introduced à la super GT, where better qualifying teams need to carry "success ballast". make it like, dunno, 150 grams per championship point earned. winning a GP would mean having an extra 3.75 kg of weight on board in that case.

maybe i'm an autist but it'd somehow make me feel comfy to see an even field of 24 teams with clean affiliations, with a works team and one customer team per PU. something like

>mercedes
mercedes AMG
mclaren

>ferrari
scuderia ferrari
sauber

>renault
renault F1
williams

>honda
??? (honda F1 works team)
toro rosso

>aston martin
red bull aston martin
force india

>???
haas
???

24 cars should be doable on the courses.

Make the types of engines allowed to be relaxed somewhat

Give F2 more attention so it doesn't die again

Change restrictions so that the cost is lower and more teams can compete

Stop catering to environmentalists so much, they can fuck around on their own time to find new tech for efficiency and keep that shit away from the regular racing

Aston Martin doesn't even make their own engines for the road cars. How come can they make them for F1?

Except each player was programmed by a different developer. It'd be pretty rad but not as a relacement for normal human racers.

they're not there yet. they're exploring the possibility of entering the sport in 2021, along with some other groups, most notably VAG through either audi or porsche. they'd use F1 as a marketing and brand-building vehicle for their expanding sports car business, and i suspect they'd start a joint venture with ilmor, cosworth, zytek/gibson, or any another development partner should they enter F1.

jaguar should get back into the fray desu. their jaguar and range rover crossovers and SUVs are selling well. vijay mallya has no affiliation with TATA as far as i can see, but force india is looking for a new identity and that would certainly make for a neat fit.

i basically want racing green back on the grid.

>no hybrid motors
>V12s for that sweet scream
>less limitations on aerodynamics

Done

It'd be pretty rad if you killed yourself

Was a pretty good livery baka desu.

Fucking this, expecially the last two.

LMP1 regulations are more interesting than F1 desu

this

2.0ltr + boost - no fucking limit if you can boost it and make 2000hp an last the race. fucking perfect. Don't give a shit if its V10 or flat 6.
fuck all aero
no driver aids
open sponsorship

Allow them to use pushrods.

-Bring back the NA V-10/V-12 for the engine note
-Wider tracks for more overtaking
-Reduce spending discrepancies between teams ("luxury tax") so a Sauber can actually have a legit chance to pick up a point once in a while.

put some jumps in the track

add ramps

alright pussies, i've been bottling this for a long while
>first things first, dismantle the current FIA and F1 governing bodies and relinquish all titles to actual racing enthusiasts
>expand the track roster and schedule so every kind of paved track gets included with a race every other week; oval, short track, closed- and open-tracks, long winding ones, short technical ones, ones with long straightaways, with a rare one-way sprint every few months
>30/70 mix of time- and lap-based races, so they last anywhere from 1-4 hours
>enforce a universal base driver/engine/fuel shell that cannot be modified
>remove restrictions on engine cylinders and relax displacement rules slightly, so you get everything from huge i4's to tiny v16's
>relax limits on induction, hybrid tech, and aero/downforce modulation
>prohibit patents that give an unfair advantage
>force the usage of a closed canopy, headlights and windshield wipers for safety reasons
>add homolgamation rules like said
>force manufacturers to have 1 company team and 1 customer team like said
>profit

>who fucking cares what the cost is
>this stupid motherfucking shitbrain thinks F1 would be better with fewer teams and fewer manufacturers competing

Total F1 brainlet here, why is more downforce bad? Doesn't it give them more control on the road?

It's fine until you get close to someone and lose all of it

-Remove all current leadership, basically dismantling the FIA and its shitty politics
-Allow active aero and loosen aero regs
-Allow any engine configuration as long as it is under 3L
-Forced induction allowed with a displacement penalty
-No hybrid tech
-Spending cap so that it isn't a fuckfest of a few highly funded teams which is what makes it boring as fuck these days

This is the only correct answer.

speed limits
diversity of drivers (including women)

Spec the engine a bit more like the V8's were.

Allow for refueling; rule would be nobody can work on the car until the fuel nozzle is off the car.

Shorter wheelbase.

Not let USGP do what they did this year ever again.

New team testing, unlimited FIA sanctioned tests for new teams wanting to join the sport. Then, allow that team an advantage through the year of extra testing.

Points related testing time allocation; allow teams with less points to have more test days.

Reduced penalties on part upgrades for lower point teams. A team in the back can improve much faster than a team at the front.

More engines allocated per season.

Battery packs cant be replaced between sessions, like practice, quali, race. If they do, gridspot penalty.

Lose the halo. Test windshields.

Streaming for the world based on subscription. Can watch or rewatch races anytime you want with monthly subscription.

4 aero packages selected per race. Low to high downforce. New wings/body updates only 4 times a season. Back marker teams get unlimited updates. Would do nothing to cut costs, but would give time for teams in the back to update faster.

Allow teams to make changes to their cars for wet conditions on raceday after qualifying.

Inter-season Formula changes must be sanctioned by race team organization by 66% vote.

Customer teams must be given current year technology regarding engines and onboard management systems. Allow for customer team gearbox and chassis sales.

Keep all cars within a 2 second range per lap. Top 10 within 1 second.

Improve formula E and market that it helps offset F1 carbon emissions. More aggressive marketing that F1 is the premiere autosport with the ultimate track cars.

A golden throne for kimi raikkonen to officiate races once he retires.

>any displacement between 1.5 and 3.0L
>any layout between ( I,V,H) between 4-8 cylinders
>no set redline. fuel flow rate scaled to maximum rpm
>ability to use combined port and direct injection (think toyota d4s. not sure why, but)
>ability to use 1 or 2 gears more if your redline is too low, provided that you can "prove" you really need them
>ditch DRS in current form. and make rear wing work like a current ers (constantly adjustable). (driver has no direct control, between choosing modes). if it works, transition to 2-piece adjustable rear wind and more active aero later
>ditch minimum crank, conrod, piston weight.
>add several approved "exotic" materials think beryllium and shit. (so it wouldn't be spent on diminishing returns)
>alow use of "real" electro-mechanical brakes.
>VVT/L is allowed, again, if you can "prove" you need it to be competitive
>allow to "break" (sorry, to be exempt) 2 or 3 rules in Technical Regulations (carries to other teams if used in engine). add "cost" of each rule

>allow teams to customize their hud in FPP (within reason)
>ditch monaco, china, austria and brazil, replace them with something longer (at least 5 miles) and/or more rally like
>fom pays for transport of all teams
>again, customer teams
>keep current eng...power unit limit (4)

bam...now you have f1 cars powered by highly modified engines found in your normal car.
think of manufacturer bragging rights after winning championship

Theres a reason these guys get paid millions to drive these cars. Cuz they could die. The more danger there is the more exciting it is, why do you think people love f1 in the 60s-the 90s so much? The 50s-the 70s races were long af with drivers often finishing laps ahead of the rest and in the 80s all the cars broke down, but those times were romanticized because of the danger and death

@18334280
nice bait, audible kek. There's a reason no women drive F1 cars...

>but those times were romanticized because of the danger and death
Not so much that as it was the case that they were simply more interesting.

>more teams
>more competition
>more car designs
>cars that didn't all look the same

F1 is still dangerous enough to be romanticized, it's just boring now because the cars all look identical from the stands aside from the paintjob and the competition is lacking.

>firing the best f1 driver in the world
enjoy your murder

how are you going to sit here with a straight face and tell me that cars in the 60s and 90s didnt all look the same
ill give you the 70s and 80s being rad tho

Just saying, those portraits are from the Fayum mummy portraits, which is Coptic Egyptian, not necessarily Roman.

Subaru engines with twin sequential turbo charging and unequal length exhaust headers.

awd

all the computer wizardry you want.

just enough downforce to make the car safe from becoming airborne at speed. though very brief loss of contact with the track is ok. just do long as they don't do like the Merc LeMans cars and just lift off and back flip.

narrower and harder tires and they have to be equal in size.

gasoline(110 octane)

It's because more mechanical grip (i.e. tyres and suspension) is "free", grip you gain from downforce ruins the flow of air behind the car and makes it extremely difficult to overtake.

Get rid of all electronic aids and nonsense like DRS
H-pattern manual gearbox with clutch
Minimum downforce
Derestricted engines
Refuelling allowed
Shorter wheelbase

it is scientifically proven that by 2027 all F1 cars will look like pic related

1.0 Liter V4 Twincharger Hybrid
Higher revs
KERS boost control
Twin Chassis
CVT

>H-pattern manual gearbox with clutch
literally where would you place it

Get rid of the stupid engine penalties rules, if your engine fails on one race, you shouldn't be punished by starting at the back for the next race. Change the penalty from 5 to 3, or maybe even 1 grid slot for 4th element, 2 grid slots for 5th element etc.

Where it was always placed

Muh dick

Without doing anything extreme or costly just remove the fuel flow regs so drivers don't have to back off at the end to save fuel

Also remove halo. It does increase safety but at that point just do closed cockpit. Moto GP riders accept the risk of flying debris not just to the face but to everywhere else so why cant you. Honestly racing is incredibly safe nowadays, perhaps too sad with circuits like cota with its 10acres of paved runnoff

Not aerodynamic enough

roborace is trying to do this

the car looks pretty cool too

F1 teams aren't really trying.
It has been proven that this is what peak performence looks like.
The science is settled.

f1 already has this you retard

replace F1 cars with stock 2005 ford galaxies

I would love to see a 3l v-twin racing a 3l w16. Would also love to hear it.

>Not let USGP do what they did this year ever again.
What happened?

>Only limit wheelbase and width, set an engine displacement, and a basic safety test, fuck everything else, vague guidelines will increase how interesting it is and competitiveness

manual gearboxes

They technically are manual.

>remove emissions rules
>raise ride height
>add second seat and co-driver
>introduce different track compounds (dirt, mud, etc)
>drivers don't know track until day of
>co-drivers given a chance to recon the track before race day
>co-drivers tell drivers how to drive around the track

Oh wait, I just described how rally works.

make the cars slower, put regulations on the physical dimensions of engines, keep the fat tires, only allow flat, featureless wings and nothing along the sides of the cars

A good start would be by firing that fat useless fuck.

But he got reelected for 4 years!

Oh, and if you're not aware, François Fillon joined the FIA too. And if you do not know who that is, he was a running candidate for the last French presidential election who was sued for tax fraud and employment fraud among many things.

F1 is so fucked.