I saved up 35k Euro to invest in a weekend car...

I saved up 35k Euro to invest in a weekend car. I'm mainly interested in Japanese cars because not only they are a good investment with stable prices but also they are lots of fun. Going to import a stock/clean one directly from Japan but deciding which one is a bit difficult.
Right now I favor with those:
>Skyline R32 GTR
>Skyline R33 GTR
>Skyline R34 GTT
>Silvia S15
>Datsun 240Z
and my personal favorite: RX7 FD. This one has the best design for me and I love the handling of the car. Only problem is that they seem to be not so reliable.

Would keep the car clean, dry, stock and not driven too fast at the autobahn. Mainly cruising and speeding up sometimes.

Any suggestions? What would you chose?

>not only they are a good investment with stable prices

Anyone who buys cars with the idea that they're an investment needs to kill themselves ASAP. If you want something that you can buy and appreciate, go learn what the fuck the stock market is or buy literal art.

You people are a cancer to the automotive community. Actual busriders deserve those cars you listed more than you

inb4 this will become a shitshow of a thread of underage kids talking shit about JDM cars or recommending their own favorite cars.

Do some research yourself and figure out what the fuck YOU like. Are you really going to take suggestions from a bunch of bus riding shitposters? Seems like you are kinda dead set on getting the Rx7 though. And they aren't unreliable, they just need a little more attention. Then again its a 20 yr old sports car. it'll need more attention than usual.

also
>good investment
lol no. These are slightly beat up 20 year old Japanese sports car, not a McLaren F1's

>lol no.
Not in the sense of getting rich. What I mean is that I'm not going to lose all that money in case I wanna sell it after some years.

>What I mean is that I'm not going to lose all that money in case I wanna sell it after some years.

That's assuming you don't

1. heavily modify it
2. don't put too many miles on it
3. actually take care of it.

You shouldn't care about any of that if you truly want/enjoy the car.

this, but unironically

The Rx7 is a fantastic investment. Why?

The body style is exceptionally beautiful and unique. No other car looks anything like it.

Now, factor in that the modern trend for styling is sharp lines and corners.

An Rx7 lookalike will not come for a long time.

R32's aren't going to retain value for long, R33's probably not since it's the middle child of the more popular R32 and R34.

If you want an FD then do research on the engine and how to take care of it. Rotaries aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Just do proper research on how to maintain a rotary and decide if you can put the effort (and money) into maintaining it.

But on investment, don't ever buy a car based on investment. 95% of cars deteriorate in value or have spike that raises their price and then it drops again (S13 drift tax boom as one example).

Buy the car you want without worrying about investments. Each time you drive the thing the value is going to go down.

>heavily modify it
Mod all you want as long as you keep the stock parts and put it back before you sell it.
>don't put too many miles on it
This is the real killer, value will tank after 100k miles.
>actually take care of it.
I don't see how taking care of a car conflicts with enjoying it. I enjoy working on my NSX as much as I enjoy driving it.

>spending 35K on a car you will drive two days out of the entire week when there are starving kids in africa

I want every cumskin to die

You don't even want to know how else I spend my money while there are starving kids in africa

Kill yourself while you still have the ability to end your life on your own terms, cumskin. The negro world order is coming, and no cumskin is going to escape the reckoning for the millennia of their savagery.

>wh*te "people" actually think like this

What a beauty

> Japanese cars
> good investments
Lmfao, that's almost as funny as the retards who think American cars are worth anything

Keep in mind none of these cars were built for sustained speeds over 180 kph. You will need to upgrade cooling and gearing may not be nice for high speed cruising.

With that said the R33 or R34 are both made for GT cruising. If you look at the name it will tell you this. But also because they're all fairly heavy and big compared to the others.

The RX7 can easily be reliable but it needs water injection and 2 stroke OMP conversion. I am guessing that TUV approval will be a huge pain for water injection. You will probably need to retain the precats as well, water injection would give you the AFR to preserve them but stock they don't live long.

You will also have to modify the headlights for LHD use. This is a pain in the ass. Nothing is impossible and I see a few RHD owners in Germany but keep in mind it's not like the US where any 25 year old car is a free for all.

>RX7 FD. This one has the best design for me and I love the handling of the car. Only problem is that they seem to be not so reliable.
they're pretty reliable for an legit race car engine that revs to numbers undiscovered by science and weighs less than hydrogen atom.
Just let it cool, premix oil, let it warm up, redline it daily, drive it daily and it should last you 100k-150k miles.
Thats 5-10 years if you only drive in summer

Why not use OMP 2 stroke conversion and premix a little? That way if you forget you won't grenade the engine.

Also water injection solves the other problem, which is that rotary runs pig rich.

>weekend car
>reliability

I hate to break it to you but not everyone enjoys dealing with FCA products.

If darkies are so great why are they all starving in africa???

>Rotaries aren't as bad as people make them out to be.
This is only true for the NA 12A and 13B. Turbocharged rotaries and the Renesis of the RX-8 are almost guaranteed basket cases.

t. FD owner

>tfw wanting a FD3S but live in a strata and have no garage

Saw this today

LOL

>wouldnt buy any of these cars as a investment
A. they are still way too new. B. RHD is a bitch to engineer in germany wont be getting TUV in a hurry if i was you for get a japanese car you will have to import the american versions $$$$

>do you actually KNOW what the best investment car is?
the answer may surprize you: original restored vw beetles. or the best investment in germany is a old classic american car

do your research in the market you are in if your going to buy investments

Stay the fuck away from cars if you view them as investments, faggot. That being said the R32 and R33 GTRs are losing value and the R34 GTT is worthless. S15's hold whatever small value they had but they were never expensive in the first place, but it's so insignificant it doesn't matter and they'll slowly lose value in the future. 240Z is a curve ball since it really depends on the area you live in and seeing how you're creaming your pants over Skylines and RX7's I really doubt you'd care for a old Datsun.

Somewhat like the R34 GTR, the FD has managed to somewhat maintain a steadily increasing value if kept stock with low miles. However that entirely depends if the FD is a Spirit R. Low mile stock Spirit R's are probably never going to depreciate but base model FD's aren't really worth much. Also FD's aren't as bad as the anti-rotary circlejerk tells you it is, as long as you actually maintain it you're fine.

Dude a Miata looks like a slightly softer RX7, it's not THAT unique

engine swap looks well done. rest of the car looks like genuine shit. (carbon fiber headlight covers? lol)

Pic related has a LS Swap

just fucking look at it.

its all about execution boyos.

most people who do LS swaps n Rx7s are tasteless elmer fudds who have the power and have absolutely zero style.

meme my shit up

C L E A N
L
E
A
N

bad taste

bump

The only way your car is going to appreciate in value is if you take immaculate care of it, put money into fixing/maintaining it and never driving it.

I understand you might not be interested in making a profit, but at the very least keeping the value of your car and driving it are at odds with each other.

Well cared for 850ci manual

>Front plate holder molded into the bumper
>Not cutting that shit off and smoothing it out to be completely invisible before the respray
Into the trash it goes

I don't think the guy cares about that stuff as much as you do, he just likes taking it to the track.

So are r32s getting cheaper or does losing value mean something else?