Checked my oil level

>Checked my oil level
>Quite low
>Didn't put any oil in this v8
>Changing oil next week
>How fucked am I from not taking care of it right now/today?
>What kind of wear can I expect?

Faggot

Find an oil change place that offers free top ups, use that

Driving across town to save $2 in oil.

>spend half a day fucking around changing your own oil to save $2

Goodbye lifters my old friends

what?
shut up

lack of oil will fuck up the main bearings and possibly the piston rings.

the main bearing, which is not actually a ball bearing, but a flat piece of soft metal, needs the engine to be at full oil capacity. otherwise, when the crank spins, it builds up engine pressure (this is called oil pressure, but its actually the pressure of the engine, from the oil)

if too little oil is present, (this exactly amount is unknown, probably under 50% oil capacity) this pressure will not force itself great enough onto the main bearings

>half a day to do an oil change

Just go buy a dang quart of oil and top it off. It takes 30 seconds and costs 5 bucks for the cheap stuff to get you through the week, no big deal.

What are you a pussified tard? It taknes no more than 20 minutes to change your own oil. You also know it was done right and with the proper materials. Trusting jiffy lube is asking for trouble.

As long as the pump is picking it up, you didn't really damage anything.

I take in my own oil and drive a high rates before taking it in

if its actually on the dipstick then your fine. from full to low is only about 1.5 quarts so the sump did still have oil.

that being said, dont do that again

this is the most cucked shit I have ever read.

>being this much of a numale
dude it takes like 30 minutes at the absolute max, and thats including drinking a beer and bottling the used oil. save $60 from your next check from the headshop and buy some plastic ramps from autozone and change the shit yourself.

So? you are still letting, and paying, someone else do it. Why would you do that when it takes literally 30 minutes tops to do it yourself. The advantages to changing your own oil far outweigh the minor inconvenience of spending 30 minutes of your time 4 times a year (give or take).

>half a day

What the fuck are you doing?

It doesn't even take 1 hour to change your oil.

>park over storm drain

>open oil screw

>grab a coffee and let it drain for 30 minutes

>start the engine for around 5 minutes or until the oil LED comes on to get the rest out

>fill up oil until it's on the full mark

Easy as that. Fucking retards not knowing how to work on cars should be shot.

That's illegal my duder. You can't promote illegal activity on the Veeky Forums.

Highest order of kek

you forgot to include the part where you call the local police to supervise the draining process. Very important for safety reasons.

What a niggery way to do an oil change.

>what?
Insufficient oil levels will damage hydraulic lifters as well, you dumb dingus