/mmg/ - Mega Man General

0 days without kiddie diddlers edition
Thread No. 176
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread
>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe
mega.nz/#F!G8VjXSjY!HigLekH1YRxozZQwgsu7EA (fixed artbooks.)

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

>Here's our discord chat
discord.gg/93tPPf2

Other urls found in this thread:

rockman-corner.com/2017/07/udon-announces-mega-man-mastermix.html
youtube.com/watch?v=aWDNn8-0AZ4
youtu.be/3M4onXPnMxU
themmnetwork.com/interviews/inafune-san-answers-your-questions-9508/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That was faster than I'm used to.

Why is he so perfect?

Looks Like Lan has learned to get up early on his own. I'm proud.

rockman-corner.com/2017/07/udon-announces-mega-man-mastermix.html this just got announced last thread for anyone one who was away.

DAY-CHAN DESERVES HAPPINESS AND A BREAK! HE IS TOO CUTE TO SUFFER!
GOOD NIGHT, EVERYONE!

Now he has no use for you

*girlfriend leaves him for a better man*
*dies twice to said better man*
lmaoing at his pathetic life

Don't be mean.

>Having no use for no use for a supportive cutie
His loss.

truth =/= being mean

>no use for no use for
See? You're already malfunctioning.

Fuck. Blame dyslexia.

Joule wasn't his girlfriend. He calls her that but she isn't.
So you are just being mean.

Of course she isn't his girlfriend, he's dead and she's with GV (the guy who killed him twice) now.

>page 9
Off to a great start

I can play mega maker on android right?

>bitching less than 20 posts in
Off to a great start

I'm sort of busy watching an amateur draw a shonen hero with a crab hand here.

I don't think so.

SNES X3 soundtrack or PS1 X3 soundtrack?

Both of them suck. PS1 for being crappy early CDrom midi and generally sounding like elevator music, and SNES for having awful instruments, overly grungy buttrock and repetitive melodies.

Where did the "Zero kills the classic cast" theory come from?

source: people's asses

GLUNGE LOCK

Bob and George

It's a natural assumption based on the fact that none of the Classic cast are even so much as referenced in the X series aside from Light, who knows about Zero's past but won't tell him out of fear.

Its the cooler way of them dying since "dying from lack of repairs or just been shut off and forgotten somewhere" is a lot lamer.
And Zero being built by Wily gives it a teeny bit of actual head-canon credibility.

>No one from Classic, X, Zero, or ZX mentioned in Legends
Guess that means Zero killed them all
>No one from BattleNetwork mentioned in StarForce
Oh and them too

zero.exe deleted them all

To be fair Legends is thousands of years later and both Mavericks and the Mega Men of ZX are mentioned. X was only 100 years, you'd think Mega Man would be honored as a hero and X recognized as a successor to the original. Also BN isn't referenced in SF because literally nothing in SF has anything to do with BN.

I wish they adapted a different character from MMX, Zero feels redundant since ProtoMan exists. Imagine what a Vile.EXE or Dynamo.EXE.
Although as funny as it would be, I'm glad there was no Sigma.EXE.

>because literally nothing in SF has anything to do with BN
I haven't finished BN2 but that game's arc in the manga talked about Mu.

It's a natural and organic end for the series to take as it plunges into the depths of fear and despair for Megaman X and much moreso in the Zero series.

It also typically inspires fans of much higher cultural output caliber unlike lethargic users who simply are happy to reiterate what company suits say in interviews as gospel, for there is little artistry in what challenges artistic bounds and it's all within their desires they challenge as little as possible to make the most profit.

Just watch
youtube.com/watch?v=aWDNn8-0AZ4 , see for yourself how powerful it is.

Actually Auto makes a cameo in X3.

>it's a sigma was behind everything episode

Meh it's just a cameo. Zero and Vile are on posters in Legends, that doesn't mean people know who they are. It's just a fun little reference.

>It's a Zero saves everyone's ass episode.

>Credits roll
>EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
>Keiji Inafune

Everytime.

From /co/.

The fuck is wrong with you, of course the truth is mean you virgin dumbcuck

for what purpose? I dont get it

Go watch that new Tom and Jerry movie.

It's a meme you dip

Does nobody remember X4? That was when we saw past super-violent Zero fucking things up. That's probably where the "Zero killed them all" fan-theory started.

*girlfriend also dies twice
Made for each other.

reminder that this is an autistic thing you can buy on amazon for $8.11 + $4.29 shipping.

Joule accomplished things even in death. Viper accomplished nothing.

youtu.be/3M4onXPnMxU

That was the first time he woke up, Inafune even clarified that Zero wasn't awake before his encounter with the Hunters.

[citation needed]

Sure, I own it in black and white, but...

>people are actively denying common knowledge
we /v/ now

>common knowledge
Without a cited source it's hearsay. A lot of things are "common knowledge" despite being urban legend with no record at all of an official dev saying it.

apparently there's supposed to be some previously untranslated content in it too so I'll be picking it up.

Give me your craziest theories, /mmg/.

same here, now I just need to find a comic store near me (or order it online)

About what
Depending on, I have some that are borderline autistic.

Anything, really. I just want to read some crazy theories.

Yea that wasn't apparent in the game though

I'm just pointing out where the "ZERO KILLS EVERYONE" theory might have started (or really kicked off)

Uh, ok.
>Grey is Weil 2.0
Grey's body was made in semblance to Weil's young years.
Together with this, I have the headcanon that he have Weil's knowledge on stuff, but it's locked away since the mind control sequence, that was supposed to transfer unto him shit like Weil's memories, was incomplete. From time to time, he gets an insight out of nowhere but doesn't know how he knows that shit.

>Master Albert and Master Thomas were part of Neo Arcadia's super child project like Ciel.

Master Albert's function was repairing
machinery, Patheons and even the Guardians while Master Thomas was supposed to be a programmer in charge of the Neo Arcadia's defense system.

>Master Albert initially created Prometheus and Pandora as companions to him to help him deal with the depression he developed after leaving his family behind.

>That said depression was what allowed Model W to take control of him.

Here is some, they ended up reading a lot like headcanons tho.

In Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero, Mega Man is a title, not a name.

(I know there are instances of X materials disputing this, but I blame it on shoddy translation or later misunderstandings of the significance of that title.)

Zero kills off the Classic cast. Like said, the thing about Inafune saying otherwise is completely made up with no real evidence whatsoever.

Also people forget that developer straight up lie sometimes. Looking at Arkham Knight.

(Though I personally don't like that theory.)

Dumbass.
themmnetwork.com/interviews/inafune-san-answers-your-questions-9508/

>1) Did Zero really "kill" the family between the events of the Classic Mega Man and X series?
>KI: No, Zero did not kill them. According to the way I created him, Zero is not such a person--it is not in his profile.

Dr. Regal, I'm CIA.

No, you are an egg shell.

>Bright Man
>Weapon shoots a bright light
>Somehow stops time
Explain.

It doesn't stop time, it shorts out the visual receptors of robots, temporarily blinding them. Next time read the fucking wiki

it's so bright it stuns the functions of robots, but with the limitations on the NES they could only stop time with it.

>Temporarily blinds you
>And somehow stops you even in mid air

Now this, this is an answer.

The user here said that Inafune said that Zero was never awake before his encounter with Sigma's unit. Inafune said he didn't kill off the cast, but that doesn't mean he slept undisturbed for over a century.

Not them and I can't remember where I read it, but I recall something saying somewhere that Wily found Zero too unstable to use properly and put him in stasis.

Doesn't mean he stayed in stasis. Maybe he broke out and killed everyone

Its the same explanation except it said it was due to the NES, which was implied you dense ass

>which was implied you dense ass
No, you just said the first part, then told me to read the wiki.
Though it does bring up the question of how difficult making Bright Man invisible for a couple seconds or something along those lines is for the NES.

>No, you just said the first part, then told me to read the wiki.
Because you were too fucking dense to understand obvious implications.

>dead after 1 reply
dont expect attention on v unless youre baiting nintebros or sonybros

Eh, I was just scanning the catalog and saw it.
I try to crosspost whatever Mega Man threads I find over there for the heck of it.

thats fine im jussayin theres a cancerous mindset on there and proper discussion doesnt fit the bill

There is a cancerous mindset here too, ya know.
There is no problem linking /v/ threads here since we are both cancer and proper in equal parts.

tru there is a lot of gay and pedo crap here

>nofunallowed.png

Press F

>tfw Capcom will never release a surprise ZX collection with the first 2 games and a newly made 3rd game to finish the story

Capcom is lazier than /mmg/.
Then again, with the way their games are coming out right now, it's for the best that we don't get new games.

Resident eVII was pretty good and MH World looks like a strong contender, not to mention the MMX characters are the only good-looking ones in MvC:I. Who knows, Capcom might actually make at least one great new MM game before inevitably fucking up one final time and going under.

>MvCI
>good

Never said the game was good, just the way X, Zero, and Sigma look. I haven't played the demo so I don't know what the gameplay is like.

goodnight guys.

g'Night m8

Why is it so hard to find a complete copy of Star Force 3?

It's pretty simple: pick any BattleNetwork game and play that instead. StarForce is a bad meme that wanted to be BattleNetwork but forgot to have decent gameplay or decent anything.

Thank you, but that's not what I was asking. I already have a complete BN collection. I'm wondering why SF3 is so hard to find complete compared to the other games.

I'm a little worried in a way.

graphics novels meant for colouring, and those meant for black&white, aren't drawn the same way at all

For instance the kind detailing added in the re-release wouldn't have been done if it was meant for colour. Shading wouldn't have been thought the same way either.

I'll be importing it anyway, the fact that it'll have the size of a comics picked my interest

Because StarForce has lackluster sales due to being a lackluster series so less copies of each installment were made as it went on since it sold poorly.