paragondb.info/calc
paragon.wikia.com/wiki/Paragon_Wiki

User IDs: pastebin.com/EJGkMtSU

/parag/ OC:
pastebin.com/ZaedWcma
i.imgur.com/FdxOJhs.png

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/306571650504196096/337719182068023297/Paragon_V.42_Leak.pdf
imgur.com/a/pnTUK
imgur.com/a/P1XPR
reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/6ok9z6/cardsgems_skins_leak/dki0mpx/
imgur.com/a/8wXTi
imgur.com/a/tApNO
imgur.com/a/olB10
imgur.com/a/ATJ42
imgur.com/a/vkLFh
imgur.com/a/neQKb
imgur.com/a/jDBJp
imgur.com/a/znAIP
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>change the entire card system
>make it shit
>keep the shitty recolors only via crates system
weeewwwwwww

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/306571650504196096/337719182068023297/Paragon_V.42_Leak.pdf

from the end of last thread

WTF ARE THE DEVELOPERS DOING???

Now i have to learn how to play Smite, even though it's boring as fuck and i suck at it.

Shit, we hit bump limit and we didn't even realise. Good choice for OP, btw.

Fifth for new item and stat system being utter retarded shit.
Also please post your info for the new player list:
>ID
>platform
>timezone
>playing hours
>voice chat availability
>preferred roles
>any other info

>card that instantly kills people at 15% or below
HAHAHHA
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOOIIINNGGGG

PLEASE. PLEASE LEAVE PHASE AS IS IF IT MEANS NOT DOING THIS NEW SYSTEM. I love change I welcome it and love trying new things but Epic has no FUCKING CLUE I don't even think they play their own game.

>He didn't see Thanatos ult in Smite

I'm not ready to declare the game dead just yet.
All this really does is change things from a straight power meta to one based around what utility items you choose (assuming they don't fuck it up). It's like everyone will build like a support does now, except with fewer cards and focusing on areas other than defense and sustain.
Chin up, /parag/: there's every chance it might turn out for the best.
inb4 it all comes tumbling down

>900 damage DoT for 75 mana

>putting an ult onto a basic item and 45 second cd

Seems like it would be useful for an assassin like Kallari who can track down someone in enemy territory as they try to back. The stats will probably be shit on the cards with really good abilities to balance them.

AND THE CARD IS NOT EVEN UPGRADED YET!

these stats dont look like shit user

so i leave the general to play a couple matches and come back to a new thread and the game apparently being dead what did i miss

I mean, I've been shitting on Ebin for removing all original elements this game had since they've ditched dunking, but that's not exactly what I fucking meant. It might turn up well, I surely hope it will, but it will be a completely different game and not even fully a moba any more. Having only 3 cards will make it boring and how do they expect the players to play without potions and wards?

>have card that cleanses poison in my deck
>drop my ward to pay for it
>notice that enemy drops Nameless curse later when three fifths of the team built to counter them and it's no longer worth keeping
>go back to my ward
>they pick NC up again after they die
>I pick up my cleanse again after I back
>they don't realise that they've been neutered and either have to back or keep going with a useless card
I can see it working.

His ult kills everyone below fucking 40% or so on max level though

>We did it Cam! We saved Paragon!

We don't know what the stats will be like man, chill. It's possible that these are all placeholder numbers, too: the contest said the Growing Strength passive gave 5 power + 50 health every minute for 15 minutes, but one of the Epic employees said on Reddit that those numbers weren't final. Even if they are: a slow-moving projectile seems like the kind of thing you need to coordinate a gank and stun for, and I'm sure that Execute can be countered with a burst heal like Quenching Scales or its equivalent.

There are still potions in the game. Seems pretty useless though.

I'm so mad right now, I have queued for at least 5 games now and every one of them I either Dodged or people in them Dodged.

I wanna play the fuckin game

You can still play with potions and wards, but the hope is that they've balanced it to the point that having those is a real choice that comes with its pros and cons instead of just something you do mindlessly at the start of a game or when you're waiting to respawn. I could tell you from memory how my deck progression goes for all of my mains: there's no thought to it and there's never any variation to how I do it, it's just clicking the numbers until I hit 60.
I fully agree that there's every chance Epic are going to screw it up, and I do miss elements from Legacy as much as you, but I want to keep an open mind about this instead of labeling it DOA and bumming myself out.

Hop on a smurf and just play regardless of who picks what.

Who should we edit over Spongebob's face? Mooney or KL?

I've Dodged twice and I have a 20 minute ban now b/c some Kallari would refuse to go any other lane but offlane, and I was playing /ourboy/ so I Dodged b/c offlane Kallari a shit

replace spongebob with phase and make mooney and kl the people in the background running away

Whoever's face fits best I guess.

I'll sometimes let a Kallari offlane slide while I jungle Kwang if the enemy team comp is squishy or just kind of off-meta. A good Kallari is nice to have, but somehow people have a hard time understanding that she's a split-pushing assassin and not someone that jumps into teamfights as they're popping off.

No

Nah, their faces would be so tiny on the background characters that it would be a wasted effort. I do like the idea of Phase and Cam, though.

>le Reddit can't openly discuss the leaks because they'd probably get banned for it
lol

Where are you getting these? I'm not seeing them in the PDF.

Under 'Cards' there's some Imgur album links.

they are banning people for it, i went over to check to see if they had any more leaks i got
imgur.com/a/pnTUK
imgur.com/a/P1XPR
before the person posting them got banned and the threads he was making got deleted. epic doesn't want everyone to realize theyre fucking incompetent before they can hide behind the excuse of needing data

Ah cmon guys, we thought Zinx would be an unkillable Phase destroying god on release and now look at her.

Its not looking good but we'll just have to see...

Ah, I see now. Thanks. I'm also seeing that Kwang is considered an "easy" character in v42. Concerning.

phase is a better offlane than zinx. more sustain and with tainted 15x the damage

Make sure to save these pictures before Epic DMCA's them lads.

>tfw you Started playing parag because friends refuse to play Smite.
>tfw you stop playing Smite and parag is your only moba meal of the day
>tfw parag becomes smite
>tfw friends won't play parag with you anymore.

who dis

>use phase ult
>use this card
>do it again
>kill any tower or inhib within 3 seconds with 1 monion under tower
who's ready for 10 second dekker cages and double countess ults brought to us by creative genuis cameron winston

>Paragon becomes Smite
I don't know, man: the fundamental gameplay is the same, the map can only get better than the boring tonka-truck funbox we have now, and the new system might not be shit. At the risk of sounding like a shill or a Reddit dicksucker, can we at least give it a week before we start pissing on the corpse?

>pair this with the card that restores 60% of missing hp and mana
>constantly reset cooldowns and nobody ever dies

reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/6ok9z6/cardsgems_skins_leak/dki0mpx/
they're already damage controlling

You're talking like no one on Epic's test team has thought to do this. Do you really think something that obviously broken would make it to release? Even Epic aren't that incompetent, memes aside.

you forgot the picture

>2x the cooldown of the reset ability
At least there's that, though i think the card should cost more mana than that, like maybe max instead of current mana, or +/- half of current mana

Also, we don't know if it will work for ultimates

Does this count on ults as well though? Because if it does, it will be fucking broken on half of characters. Hell, Greystone will become LITERALLY unkillable as long as he has enough mana left.

I don't hate smite, but I know how many people in the parag community do. So when parag becomes even more like smite I dont see that as abhorrent necessarily, but I see how the people that introduced me to parag come to hate it.

How would that make it more like Smite though? They're moving even further away from a traditional moba item system.

ive never played smite or any other moba and i think these changes sound fucking awful

All I care about is that the P2W stuff has been debunked. Weird that they'd offer it for PvE, but as long as it doesn't infect the PvP I'm happy.

Not sure if you are serious user, but you've been tricked by your own eyes.

It's not real, it's just painted. Take a closer look.

i can see it's not a real person, i was asking which character it is

Why? From what we've heard, the numbers are more than likely placeholder values. The max number of cards being three sounds restrictive, but we don't know how they're going to work yet. The only thing that bugs me is leveling cards with rep, but that's basically like buying card packs with rep and getting more upgrade cards, so whatever. Again, can we stop freaking the fuck out as if we know for a fact that it's all gone to shit? I don't want to spend the next three weeks in here if it's going to be non-stop doom and gloom about how you're all going to stop playing.

>deleted
Do mods actually pay attention to us, or was some janitor browsing page one like a freak and just caught us with our pants down?

Ohhh.

It's Shimakaze.

card effects seem overpowered and the restriction to 3 at a time is dumb as fuck. not even trying to be doom and gloom im hyped for the update and willing to try it but you cant act like epic has given us reason to think they know what they're doing

I deleted it on my own because i was afraid of the mods.

Jk, i deleted it because it was the exact same image with same resolution as the one he quoted, it was just only the left image alone.

>60 posts in one and a half hour
Cam might have ruined Paragon, but he surely made /parag/ great again

If the cards go ahead with the numbers and effects they have now, and if the current values aren't brought up to keep the cards from being OP, then we'll have a problem. I just find it pretty hard to believe that Epic haven't spotted some of the potential for extremely broken shit in the months they've been testing the game if we can come up with a few in under an hour, so I have faith that they have measures in place to prevent the most obviously exploitable interactions. Anything they miss will probably be fixed in subsequent patches (they backpedalled hard on that ridiculous buff to Orb Prime that time, after all). I fully expect them to fuck up and drop the ball somewhere, because they've set a precedent for bungling some things that other devs would have handled immediately or just never have let out the door, but as long as the same basic gameplay is the same I'll be happy.

Check this out for example: if I'm reading this right, you need to hit enemy heroes 50 times before a 6 second cooldown after your last hit expires in order to get the buff: there's no way that's the final number, no one would ever get it. You'd need to be hanging out at the enemy spawn shooting them off a conveyor belt to make that work.

I think the stacks are permanent, kinda like Sev's passive.

user, i think you are getting that wrong

>you hit an enemy
>you have 1 stack
>6 seconds cooldown
>hits during that time don't count
>after that your first hit counts again
>then again a cooldown
>max limit is 50 stacks

That's at least how i understand the description.

That does make way more sense, guess I'm an idiot.

It's nearly turned us into a real general.

see the problem with this is that the game is now post phase release, and not only is it post phase release its post phase release and them still adamantly saying shes not OP 2 months after that. that alone has destroyed what little i thought of their ability to have any idea of what they're doing

You have to imagine she's being brought in line with other supports for this release, either through the card system itself, mana costs and ability durations or, less likely, a kit change. I don't think I've ever heard them comment on her once desu, either positively or negatively, which gives me hope that they're working on her but know that she's going to stay broken as fuck until the update and don't want to piss people off by actually saying it.

Actual G here.

The new card system sounds cool. It means the cards will have to be much more unique and impactful than the stat buckets they are now, plus building stats via the three trees sounds much more intuitive than having to whip out a calculator and do the dickery with upgrades. It also means we might not see a shadow ward and blink on every single build, which is great.

When everything seems OP, that's actually good game design.

All right, let's see if we understand this:
>three attributes to level
>cap of seven levels that can be distributed across the attributes in any ratio
>level cap in game is now 25(?)
>your attributes each can hold five gems that provide stat or gameplay bonuses
>gems can activate at certain level thresholds, just like unlocking abilities (eg your ult at 5, 9 and 13)
>gems are found in chests
>you can skip a gem on the attribute level tree (unlike, say, FFX's Sphere Grid)
>cards are utility items that can also provide straight stat increases; presumably, the better the stats, the weaker the card effect, and vice versa
Is that everything? Because I kind of like it. The economy and base game speed might still turn out to be absolutely shit, and the possibility remains that the meta will devolve to the same few cards and gems/ affinities for a given hero, but on the face of things this seems pretty good.

We don't need to know whenever you grace us with your presence fgt. I would be just as willing to consider your post if you didn't announce yourself like an attention whore, probably even moreso.

You wouldn't even be discussing this game if not for me and my threads.

Don't dignify it with a (you), fellows.

Cheshh
PC
GMT-5(CT)
8-1300, 1900-2300
Discord/TS. Not a super chatty dude though
Anything but mid, really. JG main and was learning off before furry bitch.
This account is low diamond but cheshhh is silver alt. I am actually pretty shit so I don't know how I ended up in diamond.

How good is this game gameplay wise?

So let me get this right. Are we able to permanently increase the effectiveness of a card from outside of a game with currency accrued over multiple games? If so what the literal shit is this pay to win(if these upgrades can be bought with coins), or simply new player punishment, bullshit? Please tell me I am retarded and this upgrading thing is done in game with the in-match-earned farm.

I just had something magical happen, does deck building just like, click, for anyone else? I just decided to build a deck for grux out of the blue and it's insane, so I started just making decks, and they all work beautifully.

Too bad they are reworking the system in like, a month.

S'alright. Basic moba game loop but a bit more action-y and with some hero verticality and map elevation. Things are going to be shaken up pretty hard in a few weeks, but the heroes will play basically the same as they do now.

They addressed it on Reddit, said that only counted for PvE. Still greedy monetisation, but they're pretty adamant that it's not going to affect PvP.

Just means you understand basic math and know the cards and heroes well enough to know what you want to do. Bad luck on the timing though, chum.

Thank god. I want to call bullshit and say that was epic damage control trying to avoid the p2w witchhunt but if they are expanding pve content I can see upgrading cards being interesting. I don't agree with placing them in coop vs ai games however as it will confuse new players why their awesome card they practiced in bots with is much worse in game.

Anyone else checking out Fortnite tomorrow?

>I want to call bullshit and say that was epic damage control
That's how I've been feeling too, but the main Epic guy that does all the talking in Reddit has gone on record saying they're not going P2W, so I'm going to take that at face value. Epic have to know that pay to win would completely destroy this game before it even left beta.

I keep seeing it pop up, but I don't really know anything about it. Some kind of L4D style co-op game? Seems charming enough.

Some of these knowledge cards look a little nuts. Particularly black ice routine. It is like a mini kwang ult. Hide is also funny and maybe pretty fucking scary if the stealth remains after you move again.

i'll wait for it to actually be f2p next year

I just realized it's called Fortnite because it comes out TWO WEEKS before the Paragon update.

yeah theres no reason to not believe him, ebin is stupid when it concerns things like balancing or loot crates but even they know making the pvp pay2win would destroy this game overnight.
im kind of excited to see what pve content they have i hope you get to play out some event in the characters backstories or somethingi just really want more mommy related content see seems to be a very important character along with sev

I stopped reading them because I don't want to be completely spoiled. Maybe that's a bad idea, because plenty of people are probably studying them all hard right now.

Never thought about the PvE stuff, just figured it would be boring objective-based stuff like the tutorial. If Epic were ever going to go the extra mile and create new assets for a story mode game, I'd love to play as Steel dropping on a target from a spaceship hangar in orbit like in his ability description. That would probably be too much effort though.

People are gonna have a good idea on decks as soon as its out theres not much to gain by not reading them. Plus I'm sure Epic is going to do a closed trial version of the update that they give out to specific people just like they did when they switched to Monolith. In fact they're most likely doing it right now.

It is a bit of a shit shoot because all of these are subject to change but I'm trying to figure out the broken shit for launch. That way /parag/ can troll the fuck out of pubs.

>Group Stasis
how do you guys feel about this shit? I honestly can't tell if this is game breaking or useless.

You gents have me convinced: can't afford to fall behind before the race even begins.
>group stasis
What the fuck

game breaking in a 5 stack, and actually a detriment in pubs, can't wait for a support to panic pop it and disable 2 ults from their own team

heres all the leaks(?) for anyone who wants everything in one place
imgur.com/a/8wXTi
imgur.com/a/pnTUK
imgur.com/a/tApNO
imgur.com/a/olB10
imgur.com/a/P1XPR
imgur.com/a/ATJ42
imgur.com/a/vkLFh
imgur.com/a/neQKb
imgur.com/a/jDBJp
imgur.com/a/znAIP

These cards seem much more dynamic than the old ones.

>toxic horde
Alright, so let us assume this piece of shit doesn't effect raptors and orb. This allows you to punish good lane discipline every 60 sec. Like, really fucking punish the enemy properly setting a lane. Just turn the whole fucking megawave around when they get to your tier 2/inhib and watch an absolute SS unit sweep a fucking tower. You thought monkey split was bad I don't think shitters will be able to deal with a backdoor opwave. It doesn't even take a 4v5 to split anymore. Thoughts? I could see pcl games of wave bouncing with this card.