Im considering buying a car but all the models of cars im looking for are out of my budget (see Toyota Supra MK2)

Im considering buying a car but all the models of cars im looking for are out of my budget (see Toyota Supra MK2).
I thought of an AE86 but due to popularity the prices for it rose too. Any other similar, robotic looking cars (preferably with pop-up headlights) out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/1984-mitsubishi-starion-le/6350613822.html
worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-mr2-top/6406392102.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh fuck me, im tired. Didnt notice i wrote in name.

Mk3 supras are kinda
Aw11 mr2
Chrystler conquest/mitsubishi starion
Fox bodys
Late 80s camaros

Kinda a basis unless you want some really off the wall stuff like a fiat x1/9

Mk3 celica

AE92

starion

I though the Supra MK2 was supposed to be relatively affordable.

Uuuu the Starion looks nice.

Trashed fc rx-7s are cheap if you want a fun project or throwaway drift missile, but are pretty involved as far as ownership goes.

80s Hondas such as the CRX, Accord and Prelude are good affordable shitboxes, but no RWD.

mk3 Supras are sexy af, plus potential for a 2j swap down the line, hard to find manuals though.

aw11 mr2 is unique, but not exactly the easiest to handle for a beginner both driving and working on.

Turd gen camaros and firebirds make good muscle tuners, can’t turn.

Older Volvos are nice and boxy, solid vehicles, available in budget, but no pop ups.

i just bought a *snap oversteers* for 1500, it's 80's as fuck

Not op, but there’s a pretty clean Conquest going for 3.5k on my local craigslist. Turbo/intercooled. No mods at all besides Starion badges and a white plastidip paint job. Are they tunable or fun to drive?

Is that your 350z next to it? Nice cars user.

looks fun as fuck

this thread makes me want to get a small car, even though ive been looking at big trucks

maybe ill get both

are you in seattle?

Third generation Mercury Capri has pop up headlights

seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/1984-mitsubishi-starion-le/6350613822.html

Fiero with a bodykit

not a shitbox :c

Nah, Sacramento. Same end of the country though

worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-mr2-top/6406392102.html this is right near me and I love the looks of this car. How much would it cost to get this running and passing MA inspection?

No pop up headlights but hnnnngh

would gladly fuck if it wasnt a hatchback

would buy one though

What's wrong with being a hatchback

nuthin, i dont like how the front and back look together. Separate they both look smexy

I'd still fug it though

Mitsubishi Starion/ Chrysler Conquest
First Gen Isuzu Impulse can be turbo'd and built up a bit.

agreed

My brother has one of these. It is an incredible car, and if any of you get a chance to own one, do not slip up. Beautiful car, sounds amazing, drives even better.

I have an 83, it's auto though, 93k miles. Wanna buy it?

Specially given that the Supra has the same arrangement, not to mention most of the cars in this thread.

Yeah, I haven't owned a GTV6 but I did own an Alfa 90 which is the same car underneath

Oi lad that's fucking shmick looking. Not op though sorry.

>Alfa 90
patrician

I own a N/A MK3 Supra and it might be up your alley if you don't mind getting your hands dirty. It's a 30+ old halo car but it's still a Toyota at the end of the day, just make sure if it's a 7M that the head gasket is in good condition.

It was pretty plush for an 85 car, electric seats, windows, trip computer and the dash raised some eyebrows and it was quicker than most 80's stuff I've had anything to do with.
>I fell in love with the Arese V6 too and bought another one later on

I dream with a sexy V6 powered Alfa

>auto
For what purpose

It was mint condition. I didn't want it in auto, but I couldn't pass it up.

You could eat off the fucking engine if you wanted.

Here's my 85, though, which is a manual. And not as clean, although still pretty nice compared to a lot of them out there.

Thanks m8.

Goddamn that is such a sexy car, I want one so fucking bad

Celica Supras are my favorite gen of the Supras. They're the lightest of all of them. Swap out the slow and heavy 5M and they can be really fun cars. Hell even with the 5M it's a fun car.

AE85

I was in the same situation
Toyota MR2 1984-1989

not if you want a clean one
they are becoming rarer