/ink/ - Splatoon General

The Direct
youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

Previous thread: SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT IN 3 HOURS

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Japanese Rock vs Pop Splatfest has officially ended, Rock beat Pop with a 2-1 victory!
- US/EU cake vs ice cream Splatfest has officially ended, ice cream beat cake with a 2-1 victory!
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPfxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l8WAvqTfrIU
soundcloud.com/mormon-freeman/nas-x-splatoon
milkblushh.tumblr.com/post/162919075563/amp
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072BZ66JL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pearl! Hime!

ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME

squib

I miss her so much...

How many physical vs digital orders? Will you be buying Splatoon 2 on the Japanese eShop?

Wasn't it Marie who said "Victory is temporary, but looking fresh is forever"?

If you translate "嘘やろ" into chinese it says "boo ya" but if you translate it into Japanese it says "a liar"

remember to be nice when you play splatoon 2

So, /ink/
>Who was your favorite Squid Sister at the start of Splatoon?
>Who was your favorite Squid Sister by the end of Splatoon?
>Which Off the Hook member did you like the most during the Direct?
>Which member do you like now, after Splatfest?
And finally
>Squid Sisters or Off the Hook?
gimme them (You)s

What are the odds the sunglasses are the new cuttlefish hat we unlock?

you can't change the language of the game if you decide to buy it from japan

Pearl is loud

>never played splat1, pick up spla2n
>splatshot jr is fucking ass
>whichever team has the least amount of level 1's wins because that weapon drags the whole team down
>6 losses in a row to get to level 2
>finally get to level 2 and pick up the normal sluttershot
>regularly getting like 15 kills each match and carrying hard

The new player experience is with the shit gear seems to be a problem, thankfully it doesn't last long.

Is it possible to stack ink defense on all your gear and become a terminator?

Bucket weapon seems a bit overpowered, the only time I've been able to kill those motherfuckers is by hiding in ink and surprising them or flanking them while they're targeting someone else.

This game really needs public voice comms, most of the reason I've been dominating is because I hold an important middle section of the map and stay under the ink, ganking people who try to come up on me as well as protecting my teammates by flanking on their fights. The only way to counter this kind of shit is to say "hey, I'll go from the left, you from the right, let's remove that problematic motherfucker who is camping mid" but instead they all keep coming one by one.

Game's okay I guess but it's being held back by nintendo's phone bullshit.

If that happened I just might have to start playing as the girl squid.

Friends with Octolings!
playable octolings in future updates!

Tag your spoilers, holy shit

You honestly don't need voice chat, high level teams read each other's mind

Is Turf War actually in ranked now? What the actual fuck are Nintendo doing?

what a cute squib

>Read eachothers minds
More like just use common sense in a game that is pretty formulaic by design and already provides you with basically all the info/intel about the match without input from your teammates. Really the only thing I see voice chat doing you couldn't do/know normally is setting up specific pushes with the whole team since that can be difficult to convey otherwise. The game tells you basically everything else like enemy positions, special charges, what team is in the lead, when someone is using their special, etc.

Every game mode has an individual rank

Flanks with a fast TTK weapon were OP in the first game solo queue because you couldn't tell people about it.

start with single player to get an experience ticket. Then do multiplayer until level 4 when you unlock salmon run. Then spam salmon run for more tickets during the 3 day event.

tfw no Squid Jump

YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI YI

lvl1 jr will probably prove to be a solid endgame weapon. a very similar jr kit was top tier in splat 1

>Bucket weapon seems a bit overpowered, the only time I've been able to kill those motherfuckers is by hiding in ink and surprising them or flanking them while they're targeting someone else.

the buckets arent any more strong than other weapons. theyre just easier to understand in the beginning. as the community learns how to play the game you wont be bothered be them.

ambushing, flanking, and strategic outmanuvering is the name of the game. bullets dont fly across the map, youll see your enemies and theyll see you. if youve got shorter range, you have to make up for it in some way. speed and manuverability are valuable

Weren't the Jrs generally agreed to be garbage in 1? I have watch hundreds of tournaments and rarely seen someone using it

Why are there so many AFKers?

>tfw stuck playing splat1

nah, the custom sucked. but the lvl1 Jr. with splatbombs and bubbler was wicked

All set up! Just waiting 5 hours for the NA eShop download now…

>captcha: murica 9700

thanks user!

im so jelly! i wanted to get that switch.

my only option now is to pay an extra $150 to get the joycons

youtube.com/watch?v=l8WAvqTfrIU
All weapon sets demonstrated. This fucker makes these videos quick. Did the same thing with ARMS.

Also, >Standard Blaster still one-hits on a direct shot
>Now paired with the better Disruptor and a jumping special to get on top of certain ledges when a normal jump won't work
>Unlocks at level 5

This is gon be a good night.

What are the chances of squid parties coming back? Has Nintendo done anything to stop them?

A reminder for the people holding on for the return of Callie from that one interview that said Cap's Cuttlefish might come back:

"Might" is just their way of weaseling out of it because then they can claim that they never said it was sure to happen.

Either it will happen or it will not, and until someone forces out an unambiguous response I suggest that you don't cling to false hope. And if it doesn't work in your favor...well, there's always petitions I suppose.

That's what the "Ouch" ping is for, a good team would check what's going on/where and ideally understand what's happening if someone tried to stop them and failed. Someone who pays attention to the map is also going to notice there's a nice big enemy ink trail suddenly leading into their side from a flank. A way to ping the map area specifically would've been nice though.

I got the neon blue + red Switch, just bought the JoyCons this morning.

They're announced for the UK, so I'm guessing NA will see a release soon… hopefully, at least for your/my friends' sakes.

High.

Damn it'll be at least 2 months before I can get a Switch the game looks good from what I've seen though

I wanted to share this before soundcloud goes under, made it around the time when the first game came out but only bothered to upload it recently

soundcloud.com/mormon-freeman/nas-x-splatoon

It's not the best, but the starter with the Bubbler lets you be flexible on push or pull, which is highly valuable.

>still three fucking hours before I can purchase this stupid thing
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>splash o matic goes 2nd

this guy i like

win win

>Luna blaster consumes twice as much ink now

thank god

>"I bet they'll be back after single player!"
>They're not
>"Well I bet they'll be back with their Amiibos!"
>They're not
>"W-well they'll I bet they'll be back with Scuttlefish in an update..."

People don't know when to give up, let them disappoint themselves.

I also saw that the new thermal ink ability doesnt work with blasters

>spoilsport

Are you from the US and have Prime? You can buy the green+pink joycons from Amazon UK even though it doesn't say it can be delivered to the US - Amazon UK chat says it's fine - and it's $86 after everything. I'm so afraid they won't come to the US that I ordered them, and that's about with tax here anyways.

Splashdown isn't a controlled jump.
Also armor and ball both have startups nice.

The lazyness involed with Callie in the postgame makes me think it will happen. It would have been almost no effort to put here somewhere, but she's not. I can't say for sure that Nintendo has any plans, but I like to think they aren't that retarded. I expect if it happens it'll be soon. Only time will tell in any case, but I'll continue to expect it until 2 or 3 splatfests go by with no word.

What do the callie and marie ambiio do in splatoon 2?

>inkmines do 35 damage and apply pointsensor effect, ut multiple can be placed
ohhh...

Thermal Ink. So broken.

who heavy splatling master race here?

>no preload options

Fucking why? That was the best thing about the fucking Wii U.

Could never quite get the hang of the splatling, even if I did well it felt awkward

haha, yes! i love splatlings.

the game's not even out yet

It's already out in the regions that matter

this user speaks the truth, america needs the lesser nations to leech resources from

you are the pillars to my paradise

Don't be foolish. The fact that it would've required zero effort is proof that they have no intention of doing so. Otherwise, it would've already been implemented.

Besides, why do you think they'd plan out some kind of expansion for the single player mode when it's the multiplayer the game is built around? It would be nice to have both Squid Sisters back, but a vague remark that they could go back on with no consequences shouldn't be taken as some kind of binding promise. Just do the smart thing and use YouTube to supplement your Squid Sisters needs.

the official word is NA will not get the joy con release because NoA is full of morons
so we have to buy them at a higher cost and have them imported from UK or Japan

>Stingray hits for 2 damage a frame
>50 frames for a kill

What kind of squigga is gonna stand around for a second when they see the laser heading for them? Even for the sake of repositioning, I don't see the appeal behind it.

Me

t. brush main

It's useless. You give up all turfing for the ability to slightly annoy the first person you can see for a few seconds.

the only listings on Amazon are the upcharged $150 imported ones, even on co.uk

>the blaster shot that hit harder than fatman

>had a list of chores to wrap up before 9
>tfw i'm fucking here refreshing the page every minute

fuck it i'm just going to fap to lolis for 3 hours

It's probably useful on already-damaged squids who are distracted. Like, if some guy has been walking around your ink, and he's on the zone/tower, you should be able to get him.

>Game arrived at my house 2 hours ago
> Have to wait another 2 hours to finish work

do your chores cunt

I know that feel user, still have 3 hours

clearing the tower is the only time i see stingray being useful

>get splatoon days after everyone else
>don't get pro controller
>don't get case
>don't get joy cons
why does NoA hate money?

>he doesn't make his own custom joy cons
The shells are cheaper than buying the whole joy con.

Tutorial:
milkblushh.tumblr.com/post/162919075563/amp

I'm not convinced anyone actually works at NoA

NoA hates fun and money, that's why amiibos are worthless now.

the switch will not recognize them as those colors though, not unless you can crack the coding on the rgb value the joy cons have and write your own in the hardware.
You also 100% void your warranty and ability to have the connection issues patched if they show up again

Has anybody uploaded the .bins for the 2 amiibos yet?

>the switch will not recognize them as those colors though

Wait, what does that do?

in menus and games, your switch reads an rgb value from your joy cons to display them in the correct color on screen.
So if you're playing mk8 with a red and blue, the red player will have a red icon and blue will have a blue icon, same thing with system menus

How do i git gud Veeky Forums.

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072BZ66JL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Someone on Reddit linked this one, reminder that you need the Prime discount for it to even out around $86.

step 1 - wait until the game is out
step 2 - play the game

Use the roller, then you don't have to git gud :3c

It's like drawing some people just suck

>"We cannot deliver this item to your address"
why even taunt people about this?

Wait. So I can't pre-order it from the e-shop?

What does an angry squid sound like?

>Veeky Forums
First of all, lurk around, then I will maybe help you.

I'm going to buy a physical copy.

So does it do that with the pink and green set?

Does anyone know what sheldon's research entails? Is it just beating the game with a certain weapon?

yes, every official nintendo released color has that rgb value set, and it can be literally any color
you could set it yourself, but you'd need to know where they write it and how they code it

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE GOLDEN DYNAMO

Like I said before, I was saying this for US Prime users. It says it can't deliver to the US but that's a lie, lots of people have ordered it and I think three people including myself verified with Amazon UK chat that it's alright, which it is. I have no idea if it's okay for other countries though.

I think it's redoing stages with certain weapons. Don't have the game yet so can't say for certain.